Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:54 AM

Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? - Islam for Muslims (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? (31402 Views)

Why Do Muslim Females Make Very Beautiful Hairstlyles To Eventually Cover It Up? / If 72 Virgins Are Giving To Muslim Men In Paradise(????)..whats For The Women? / Why Do Muslim Men Wear Short Trousers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by m4malik(m): 3:47pm On Jan 06, 2007
ThiefOfHearts:

lol. Looks like I hit some nerves and mr malik or whatever, I fail to see what you're babbling about

I was merely using your bull**it to school up your baby muki. Is that babbling?? If you fail to see anything, does it translate - that you can't really see??

mukina2:

m4malik did i offer you anything? tongue grin
we don't need people like you in Islam tongue

Hehehe grin  grin

Wetin I do you?? Did I solicit to belong to the religion of many *allahs*?? I'm out of Islam already - do you miss me, or what now??
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:30pm On Jan 06, 2007
Yes it is psychobabbling cos what you said made absolutely no sense.

I just asked mukina a question, why you freaks decided to come out of nowhere to yarn some dust is beyond me. Apparently I know now in a way she's amused by most of what is said, so I guess she's fine.
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jan 06, 2007
ToH,stop attacking my brothers o.
I'm suprised you are not demanding to know how a man's beard is an accesory sexual organ.
Doesn't that sound ridiculous to you that an unbearded man is considered unmanly according to Islam.
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by shahan(f): 6:39pm On Jan 06, 2007
ThiefOfHearts:

Apparently I know now in a way she's amused by most of what is said, so I guess she's fine.

. . . You guess she's fine especially when she's cutting-and-pasting and lying about it, abi?
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by mukina2: 7:00pm On Jan 06, 2007
lmaooo
i already replied you on that other thread .
i put a grin after the copy and paste stuf because thats always the first thing they say . .
look say whatever you like . .
i dnt care . .mister grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by shahan(f): 7:07pm On Jan 06, 2007
mukina2:

look say whatever you like . .
i dnt care . .mister
grin grin grin

Awww. . . so sweet, especially when you lie!! cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by goodguy(m): 7:10pm On Jan 06, 2007
Honestly, mukina2, you will do yourself a big favour if you stop responding to this topic.

You copied and pasted theories that you cannot back up, and you're angry that you're being attacked?
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jan 06, 2007
I am still waiting to see where Allah says sand could be used for abluttion,david can you help me out,this would be a great quotation.
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by mukina2: 7:19pm On Jan 06, 2007
lol, i dont have to lie to you to prove anything . .sir!
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
you are very funny . .infact vey very funny . .

@m4malik you are not missed

@tof . .dnt mind them . .they want you to join their bandwagon grin

@goodguy what this guy is refeeing to has nothin to do with ur topic . .
i am not angry
how can i back up theories when .you people always have negative things to say
i am sure you knew the kind of wahala this thread would generate before you created it
i have told you before . . when you started ur topic i was only tryin to help
i am not into religious arguments . cuz what they say half of the time dnt make sense to me
whats ur own problem anyway
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jan 06, 2007
@ mukina2, let me help you with the time tested trick used by the likes of babs787, belloti, olabowale, ajia23, nuru and other idol worshipping fanatics:

- ask an irrelevant and totally absurd question.
- pretend not to see 1001 satisfactory and well articulated answers to your ridiculous questions
- Ignore facts but rather dwell on the mundane and the incredulous.
- Belabour yourself nitpicking semantics rather than the main issue
- copy and paste all that you don't know which means everything
- avoid answering questions by asking your own
- interprete bible verses out of context to justify the unholy life of the "prophet"
- use time tested lies such as accusing the bible of being corrupt

- best of all keep "waiting" if the answers do not agree with your islamically polarised vision

- if that does not work, pretend to be offended by those who expose the "prophet" as an excuse to exit the thread.
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by mukina2: 7:35pm On Jan 06, 2007
david . i wont go anywhere
no one can make me run away grin grin
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jan 06, 2007
What would Mohammed do long but worth reading.
read on.

1) Before Muhammad’s Hijrah, he used to sit in the assembly and invite the Meccans to Allah, reciting the Quran and warning them of God’s punishment for mocking his prophets. A Meccan named Al-Nadr bin al-Harith would then follow him and speak about heroes and kings of Persia, saying, "By God, Muhammad cannot tell a better story than I, and his talk is only of old fables which he has copied as I have." On other days al-Nadr would interrupt Muhammad until the prophet silenced him.

It was al-Nadir’s bad fortune to join Mecca’s army, riding north to protect their caravan, which Muhammad attacked at the Battle of Badr. The story-telling polytheist was captured, and on Muhammad’s return journey back to Medina, Ali, Muhammad’s cousin and son-in-law, at Muhammad’s order, beheaded him, instead of getting some possible ransom money. He was one of two prisoners who were executed and not allowed to be ransomed by their clans—all because he wrote poems and told stories critiquing Muhammad.

Source: Ibn Ishaq, The Life of Muhammad, trans. A. Guillaume, (Oxford UP, 1955, 2004), pp. 136 (Arabic pages 191-92); 163 / 236; 181 / 262; 308 / 458. Reputable historians today consider Ibn Ishaq to be a good source of early Islam, though they may disagree on his chronology and miraculous elements.

(2) A similar story as that of al-Nadir can be told about Uqba bin Abu Muayt. He too harassed and mocked Muhammad in Mecca and wrote derogatory verses about him. He too was captured during the Battle of Badr, and Muhammad ordered him to be executed. "But who will look after my children, O Muhammad?" Uqba cried with anguish. "Hell," retorted the prophet coldly. Then the sword of one of his followers cut through Uqba’s neck.

Sources: Bukhari, Spoils of War (online source); Muslim nos. 4421, 4422, and 4424; Ibn Ishaq, p. 308 / 458. Bukhari and Muslim are reliable collectors and editors of the hadith (words and deeds of Muhammad outside of the Quran). Ibn Ishaq shows Muhammad taunting them in their graves.

(3) Asma bint Marwan was a poetess who belonged to a tribe of Medinan pagans, and whose husband was named Yazid b. Zayd. She composed a poem blaming the Medinan pagans for obeying a stranger (Muhammad) and for not taking the initiative to attack him by surprise. Perhaps in March 624, when the Allah-inspired prophet heard what she had said, he asked, "Who will rid me of Marwan’s daughter?" A member of her husband’s tribe volunteered and crept into her house that night. She had five children, and the youngest was sleeping at her breast. The assassin gently removed the child, drew his sword, and plunged it into her, killing her in her sleep.

Source: Ibn Ishaq, pp. 675-76 / 995-96.

(4) Abu Afak, a centenarian elder of Medina, belonging to a group of clans who were associated with the god Manat (though he may have been a Jew), wrote a derogatory poem about Muhammad, extolling the ancestors of his tribe who were strong enough to overthrow mountains and to resist submitting to an outsider (Muhammad) who divides two large Medinan tribes with religious commands like "permitted" and "forbidden." Before the Battle of Badr, Muhammad let him live. After the battle, in April 624, the prophet queried, "Who will deal with this rascal for me?" That night, Salim b. Umayr "went forth and killed him."

Source: Ibn Ishaq p. 675 / 995.

(5) But Muhammad was not content to assassinate individuals. Expulsion was at his disposal. In April 624 (or a month or two later) Muhammad expelled the Jewish tribe of Qaynuqa. Muslim Emigrants had moved from a trading and artisan town (Mecca) to an agrarian town (Medina), so they were impoverished. The Qaynuqa tribe controlled the market of craftsmen in Medina—the exact skills of the Emigrants. Though the prophet’s motives are unclear, he waged war on these Jews. They retreated to their strongholds, and he besieged them for fifteen days. He gave them three days to collect the debts owed to them and to get out of Medina, but to leave their tools behind. Did at least some of the poor Muslim emigrants take up the vacant trades? The clan departed northward for Wadi’l-Qura, where a Jewish community lived. Then a month later they left for Syria.

Sources: Bukhari, Military Expeditions (online source); Muslim no. 4364; both editors record that the tribe violated a treaty, but these other sources say differently. See my article "Muhammad and the Jews," linked above, for a discussion; Ibn Ishaq p. 263 / Arabic p. 388 and p. 363 / 545; Tabari, the Foundation of the Community, trans. M. V. McDonald, vol. 7 (SUNYP, 1987), 85-87 / 1359-62. Reputable historians today consider Tabari to be a good source of data on early Islam, though they may not agree on his chronology or miraculous elements.

(6) Kab bin al-Ashraf, of mixed ancestry (pagan father and Jewish mother), heard about the Muslim victory at the battle of Badr, and he was disgusted, for he thought Muhammad the newcomer to Medina was a trouble-maker and divisive. Kab had the gift of poetry, and after the Battle of Badr he traveled down to Mecca, apparently stopping by Badr, since it was near a major trade route to Mecca, witnessing the aftermath. Arriving in Mecca, he wrote a widely circulated poem, a hostile lament, over the dead of Mecca. So what happened to him? The early Muslim historian named Tabari reports that five Muslim thugs attacked him in the night, severed Kab’s head, and brought it to Muhammad, in September 624.

Sources: Bukhari, Military Expeditions (online sources: here (see also the one below); this one and this one shows Muhammad giving permission to his assassin to say anything, i.e. lie; Muslim no. 4436; Ibn Ishaq 364-69 / 548-53; Tabari, vol. 7, pp.94-98 / 1368-73.

(7) It is on the heels of this assassination of Kab that Ibn Sunayna, a Jewish merchant, was assassinated, perhaps also in September 624. With the success of the five conspirators, Muhammad said, "Kill any Jew that falls into your power." Shortly afterwards, Muhayyisa b. Masud leaped upon and killed Ibn Sunayna. His only crime was being Jewish.

Source: Ibn Ishaq p. 369 / 534.

After the Battle of Uhud (AD 625)

After the Battle of Uhud in March 625, which the Muslims lost, Muhammad was stung. He and his Muslim community suffered a loss of prestige, though the community did not crumble, but quickly recovered and grew, so the loss was not material.

(cool This recovery came on strong. In late August and early September 625, Muhammad besieged the Jewish Nadir tribe in their strongholds for fifteen days until he started destroying their date palms. Their livelihood undergoing destruction and theft, they departed to the city of Khaybar, seventy miles to the north, where they had estates. This takeover helped relieve the ongoing poverty of many Muslims, who took over their date orchards.

Sources: Bukhari, Military Expeditions (online source, and scroll down to see many hadith); Muslim nos. 4324 and scroll down to others; Ibn Ishaq pp. 437-38 / 652-54; Tabari, vol. 7, pp. 156-61 / 1448-1453.

(9) In July-August 625, in revenge for an ambush on some Muslim missionaries, Muhammad sent Amr bin Umayya and a companion to assassinate a leader of the Meccans. The assassins failed in their attempt. They had to flee under pursuit. Umayyah hid in a cave, but not before murdering a man along the way. As the pursuit was dying down, a tall, one-eyed, unnamed Bedouin entered the cave, driving some sheep. Umayyah and the Bedouin introduced each other. After they settled down, the shepherd sang a simple two-line song in defiance of Muslims and Islam. Then he fell asleep, snoring. Umayyah recounts what he did in retaliation for insulting Islam: . . . "I went to him and killed him in the most dreadful way that anybody has ever been killed. I leaned over him, stuck the end of my bow into his good eye, and thrust it down until it came out of the back of his neck." He fled back to Muhammad, who said, "Well done!" The account ends: The prophet "prayed for me [Umayyah] to be blessed."

Source: Tabari, vol. 7, pp. 149-50 / 1440-41; a later editor incorporated some of Tabari’s account into Ibn Ishaq’s biography, pp. 674-75.

(10) In May 626 Muhammad succeeded in assassinating a Jew, Sallam bin Abi’l-Huqayq (Abu Rafi), of the Nadir tribe, who had been banished a year earlier. He sent a Muslim who had a Jewish foster-mother and spoke Hebrew; he managed to gain entrance into Abu Rafi’s house at night with four companions and easily kill him. They hid until the search died down and then returned to Medina, with the blessing of Muhammad—he was the one who sent out the hit squad.

(11) In February-March 627, a second assassination of another Jew named Usayr (or Yusayr) bin Razim was more deceptive. Under the guise of ambassadors from Muhammad, thirty Muslims traveled up to Khaybar (a predominantly Jewish city) and invited Usayr to Medina to negotiate peace between him and Muhammad. Despite warnings, thirty Jews set out with the Muslims. W. M. Watt rightly says that the Jews were unarmed (Muhammad at Medina, p. 213). The Muslim leader surreptitiously made his camel carrying himself and Usayr lag behind, and then the Muslim killed him. The other Jews were also killed with one exception.

Thus, Muhammad engaged in assassinations, and a deceptive one at that, to deal with two Jewish leaders who intrigued with his enemies.

Sources for these two assassinations: Bukhari, Military Expeditions (online source and scroll down); Tabari 99-105 / 1375-83; Ibn Ishaq pp. 482-84 / 714-16; 981 and 665-66 / 981.

After the Battle of the Trench (AD 627)

The Battle of the Trench in 627 saw a confederation of Meccans and their allies marching north to Medina. They were fed up with the prophet’s continual harassment of their trade. But Muhammad had dug trenches around Medina to neutralize Mecca’s superior cavalry. Wisely, the Muslims never confronted the enemy head on. After about a month, the attackers returned south, no side suffering serious losses. So Muhammad’s power, though always growing, increases exponentially in Medina, even more so than after the Battle of Badr in 624.

(12) In fact, Muhammad is so powerful that shortly after the Battle of the Trench he lays seize to Jewish strongholds in Medina, captures them, decapitates 600 male Jews of the Qurayzah tribe, enslaves their woman and children, though he keeps a beautiful Jewess for himself, and confiscates all of their property, which was considerable (Sura 33:25-27). It is sometimes argued that this tribe broke a treaty of neutrality, or a pro-Jewish Muslim made the final decision, not Muhammad. In reply, however, Muhammad could have called off the "trial" at any time. Plus, if we assume that they really did break a treaty (and that’s a big assumption), could not Muhammad have punished only the leaders? And did all the men have to be slaughtered, and did all the women and children have to be enslaved and sold? Muhammad’s reaction was excessive and therefore unjust.

Sources: Bukhari, Military Expeditions (online source, and scroll down to see many hadith); Ibn Ishaq, p. 466 / 693; Tabari, The Victory of Islam, vol. 8, trans. Michael Fishbein, (SUNYP, 1997), pp. 27-41 / 1485-1500. See the article linked above, "Muhammad and the Jews" for Muslim polemics and a reply to them.

After the Conquest of Mecca (early AD 630)

(13) An apostate named Abdullah bin Khatal enjoyed the company of two singing-girls in Mecca. One was murdered after the conquest because she had sung satirical verses about Muhammad, which Abdullah had composed. Incidentally, he was also killed, though he clung to the curtains of the Kabah shrine. The other singing girl was not killed because of her repentance.

Sources: Bukhari, Military Expeditions, (online source); Ibn Ishaq, pp. 550-51 / 819

To sum up, Muhammad assassinated, banished, or slaughtered three classes of non-Muslims: individual poets or poetesses; individual political leaders, and entire communities in Medina, the Jewish tribes of Qaynuqa, Nadir, and Qurayza (not to mention the wars).

What will Jesus do? Will he eliminate individuals and entire communities of any kind?
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jan 06, 2007
babyosisi:

I am still waiting to see where Allah says sand could be used for abluttion,david can you help me out,this would be a great quotation.

Volume 6, Book 60, Number 107:
Narrated 'Aisha:
The necklace of Asma' was lost, so the Prophet sent some men to look for it. The time for the prayer became due and they had not performed ablution and could not find water, so they offered the prayer without ablution. Then Allah revealed (the Verse of Tayammum).

Sura - 4 Women (Al-Nesaa')
[4:43] O you who believe, do not observe the Contact Prayers (Salat) while intoxicated, so that you know what you are saying. Nor after sexual orgasm without bathing, unless you are on the road, traveling; if you are ill or traveling, or you had urinary or fecal-related excretion (such as gas), or contacted the women (sexually), and you cannot find water, you shall observe Tayammum (dry ablution) by touching clean dry soil, then wiping your faces and hands therewith. GOD is Pardoner, Forgiver.

Volume 1, Book 7, Number 333:
 Narrated Abu Juhaim Al-Ansari:
 The Prophet came from the direction of Bir Jamal. A man met him and greeted
 him. But he did not return back the greeting till he went to a (mud) wall and
 smeared his hands and his face with its dust (performed Tayammum) and then
 returned back the greeting.
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jan 06, 2007
hmm.
The sand part must work well in northern Nigeria
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jan 06, 2007
WHY DO YOU GUYS FEEL THE NEED TO RIDICULE OR DISPROVE ANOTHER RELIGION TO PROVE THAT YOURS IS RIGHT?. . . Jesus Christ never did this, he let his works and actions speak for him and as Christians, I believe we should do the same. Christianity is a religion with proof, we don't need to engage in senseless debates to prove what we believe in.

Carry on!
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by Reverend(m): 7:48pm On Jan 06, 2007
To hide their shame, and to be easily spotted by security guards at airports  tongue
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 10:56pm On Jan 06, 2007
babyosisi:

ToH,stop attacking my brothers o.
I'm suprised you are not demanding to know how a man's beard is an accesory sexual organ.
Doesn't that sound ridiculous to you that an unbearded man is considered unmanly according to Islam.

There are alot of things in various religions that I find to be ridiculous. I find alot of the doctrines of the Catholic Church to be retarded same with the Mormons but I just dont feel the need to make passive aggressive threads about them pretending to want to know stuff knowing fully well that what I really wanted to do was ridicule it. I dont know, I mean it's ridiculous to us but I guess it makes sense to them, it's like, who cares? how's their beliefs affecting my life?

but like I said, mukina is always complaining about these kinda threads and really I just wanted to know why she CONSTANTLY replies to them, supposedly she gets humor out of it or something, so whatever my curiosity is over. *shrugs*
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 10:57pm On Jan 06, 2007
Donzman:

WHY DO YOU GUYS FEEL THE NEED TO RIDICULE OR DISPROVE ANOTHER RELIGION TO PROVE THAT YOURS IS RIGHT?. . . Jesus Christ never did this, he let his works and actions speak for him and as Christians, I believe we should do the same. Christianity is a religion with proof, we don't need to engage in senseless debates to prove what we believe in.

Carry on!

lol seriously. Yet they get all foamy around the mouth when atheists do the same to them.
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jan 06, 2007
Donzman:

Carry on!

If you're sincere,I'm certain you must have learnt a lot about Islam and Mohammed that you never knew.
That is the whole essence.
Knowledge is power.
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by goodguy(m): 11:42pm On Jan 06, 2007
ThiefOfHearts:

I just don't feel the need to make passive aggressive threads about them pretending to want to know stuff knowing fully well that what I really wanted to do was ridicule it.

Be sincere to yourself.  Forget the posts made by the others.  Go through my posts on this thread.  Does anyone of them sound like I'm out to ridicule Islam?
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by shahan(f): 11:56pm On Jan 06, 2007
Donzman:

WHY DO YOU GUYS FEEL THE NEED TO RIDICULE OR DISPROVE ANOTHER RELIGION TO PROVE THAT YOURS IS RIGHT?. . .

I'm sorry we let you down. But when our dear friends like belloti labour over "Why Christianity Is Wrong" and also tries to ridicule others, we only served him 'cocoa-butter' to show him that it was not meant as 'blue-band' to be put on bread (because of the word 'butter' in 'cocoa-butter')!  undecided

Translation of my proverb: it's no laughing stuff when muslims ridicule others but can't stand their own exercise.
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 11:57pm On Jan 06, 2007
If you believe you are not guilty of what Im saying then Im not talking to you, so stop crying.

This thread's too much of a headache for me to wade thru. My question was about mukina's reactions anyway.
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by Aggressa(m): 1:54pm On Jan 07, 2007
ThiefOfHearts:

This thread's too much of a headache for me to wade through.

Not surprised at that; going by your usual dyslexic, maniacal and outrightly silly contributions, it is obvious that seeking knowledge is not one of your attributes. Why not move over to "sexuality and/or romance forum". you will be more relevant there.! Bye
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by mrpataki(m): 2:09pm On Jan 07, 2007
ThiefOfHearts:

This thread's too much of a headache for me to wade through. My question was about mukina's reactions anyway.
If you are this frustrated in knowledge acquisition, please move on to where dummies like your type reside. You piss me off really!
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by shahan(f): 2:39pm On Jan 07, 2007
Guys, make una wait small. . . where's scientist researcher engineer uncle Olabowale??  He may at least be right about this 'long beard' theory - it's just that we didn't see it!

The key perhaps lies in the question: "S.R. Engr. Uncle 'Wale, how 'long' must someone's long beard be in order to carry the theory through??"  undecided Maybe 'Hairgrow' or 'Vaseline' will help?
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by goodguy(m): 4:23pm On Jan 07, 2007
ThiefOfHearts:

This thread's too much of a headache for me to wade through.

Why don't you just STFU then and ignore this thread. And has Havila has advised, move to the Romance or Sexuality section, or betterstill, go to Forum games where you'll be much useful. I'm really getting sick and tired of all the BS you've been spilling on this thread.
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 4:28pm On Jan 07, 2007
Everyone please give a standing ovation to Havila. The pretentious poster child of Christianity. Rofl.   cheesy
Dude's frustrated cos he has nothing to add to other subjects being the social retard that he is so he randomly lashes out at people, kinda like an autistic child.

mrpataki:
. You piss me off really!

Aw.  Pele, Mr oponu, Then my job is done.   cheesy

Who knew my asking mukina why she continues to dwell on this topic despite everything would offend the village imbeciles.  cry

Morons, it's funny watching as you think you people have said anything of importance. I have read thru this thread before OBVIOUSLY and it's been just everyone vs mukina and olabowale came in and said some weird stuff from time to time. Nothing was really said. Infact I dont even know why Seun re-opened this thread as I dont see anything useful whatsoever that came out of it. Mukina gave some answers to the topic, goodguy said it wasnt enough, the rest came and said the usual juvenile stuff, olabowale came along said some strange things, the same people came made their jokes, is this the thread that is so "knowledgable" that you claim I should leave cos "I just wouldnt understand", hahha.

Please give me examples of the so called knowledge gained from this thread. No joke. I would like them all listed out, quotes and all.

Awon ode oshi.
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 4:28pm On Jan 07, 2007
goodguy:

Why don't you just STFU then and ignore this thread.

Make me as Im sure you would love to since you're an advocate for beating up women anyway. wink
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by goodguy(m): 5:19pm On Jan 07, 2007
ThiefOfHearts:

Mukina gave some answers to the topic, goodguy said it wasnt enough

What I said was her answers were not satisfactory enough.  English woman, English!!!

As the thread starter, I am the one that actually knows what I want to get from the question I asked.  Since the responses she offered did not satisfy my query, I had every reason to indicate so.  As you can see, I didn't question all, but one of Olabowale's replies - the only one I had a problem with, obviously.

ThiefOfHearts:

Infact I don't even know why Seun re-opened this thread as I don't see anything useful whatsoever that came out of it.

I asked Seun to re-open the thread because I had not yet gotten the answers I seeked. Who told you nothing useful has come out of this thread?  Perhaps, m4malik is actually right about your presumed sight deficiency.

ThiefOfHearts:

Please give me examples of the so called knowledge gained from this thread. No joke. I would like them all listed out, quotes and all.

I don't know about the others, but personally, I have learnt that:

* Every drop of water that drips off the body is a sign that sins are dropping off and being wiped off from the record.

* The beard of man is a secondary sex organ.

At least, I now know this is how it is seen in Islam.  Though I actually find these preposterous, I really don't have any reason in particular to question their beliefs/practises.

ThiefOfHearts:

Awon ode oshi.

Are these your middle names?

ThiefOfHearts:

you're an advocate for beating up women anyway. wink

Really?
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:26pm On Jan 07, 2007
Yea, you are as I can provide quotes of yours advocating such.

and dude stop CRYING. not enough, not good enough. whatever. I also already said olabowale's response was weird anyway so I'm not surprised jokes were made, ONCE AGAIN I was just wondering about mukina.

BTW, You constantly screaming that you didnt "do anything" isnt going to change my stance. Those that I'm referring to know who they are so get out of my face with your annoying whining. If anything your continuous bitching just proves that this thread was most likely made out of passive aggression.
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by goodguy(m): 5:58pm On Jan 07, 2007
ThiefOfHearts:

Yea, you are as I can provide quotes of yours advocating such.

Well, sorry to break your heart, but I'm not. wink  If you want to prove otherwise, do that on that thread, not here.

ThiefOfHearts:

and dude stop CRYING. not enough, not good enough. whatever.

And since when did refuting your baseless aspersions become "CRYING"?

ThiefOfHearts:

BTW, You constantly screaming that you didnt "do anything" isnt going to change my stance. Those that I'm referring to know who they are so get out of my face with your annoying whining. If anything your continuous bitching just proves that this thread was most likely made out of passive aggression.

Apparently, you mentioned my name in your post, meaning I am part of those you were referring to.  I feel the need to keep addressing your continuous wrong perception about the thread starter and the thread itself, hence my constant "whining".  If you have any problems with that, move to Romance, Sexuality or Forum games section.

Cheers.
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 6:14pm On Jan 07, 2007
It's kind of amusing that you are willing to accept Olabowale's strange answers over mukina's. Hers werent satisfactory but wole's "the beard is a sex organ" answer is fine with you? Out of an almost 10 page thread, that's the so called knowledge you obtained that is ok with you?
Lol, I really wish I knew who you think you are fooling with your "I'm just an innocent bystander looking for answers" bull.

Try again, next time.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Would You Prefer To Live In An Islamic Country? / Things Your Muslim Wife Wont Tell You / Different Types Of Covering That Muslim Women Use

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.