Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,808 members, 7,810,108 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:54 PM

Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? - Islam for Muslims (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? (31325 Views)

Why Do Muslim Females Make Very Beautiful Hairstlyles To Eventually Cover It Up? / If 72 Virgins Are Giving To Muslim Men In Paradise(????)..whats For The Women? / Why Do Muslim Men Wear Short Trousers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by TayoD(m): 8:26pm On Jan 08, 2007
@gbade.x,

TayoD's the pastor

I have no objection as long as I have the liberty to collect "special offerings" during the wedding.  grin
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by gbadex1(m): 8:27pm On Jan 08, 2007
Wo, s'ofun pe ko jade o! Oju n kan mi o! Alabirin, oju aja n seje o!
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 8:28pm On Jan 08, 2007
long face ke, babyosissi.

If anything I think people are taking things way too seriously. Im highly amused for the most part  wink
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 8:29pm On Jan 08, 2007
gbade. x:

Wo, s'ofun pe ko jade o! Oju n kan mi o! Alabirin, oju aja n seje o!

I can give you a list of other women. How about Sista? grin
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by gbadex1(m): 8:35pm On Jan 08, 2007
@ TayoD:

sure, there'd be "special offerings", all donated to fund advanced research by Pa Olabs in the scientific evidence of the biological link btw beards and sex and the sexual gratifications in keeping at least 2 meters of bia bia cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by gbadex1(m): 8:37pm On Jan 08, 2007
@ Thief:

Actually, i was about suggest you hook up with Sista. . .
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 8:42pm On Jan 08, 2007
nah. I dash her to you.
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by TayoD(m): 8:44pm On Jan 08, 2007
@TOH,

Do you alwasy derail every thread you get involved with? I'm just curious. This topic went way off target since you came onboard.
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 8:48pm On Jan 08, 2007
*always

Anyway what was the thread about before?

Please tell me.

Last I checked I stayed ON topic by asking mukina about SAID topic, that's when you all came around and interrupted the conversation I was having with her or should I provide quotes for you?

You're still living in that dream world of where this thread was actually something of significance? Seriously?
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by gbadex1(m): 9:00pm On Jan 08, 2007
@TOH:

don't worry, i'll pass. . .!
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by TayoD(m): 9:03pm On Jan 08, 2007
@TOH,

Despite all that googguy has said about the reason for this subject, you are still pushing your opinion down the throat of everybody.

While you are providing the said quote about asking Muki some questions, please don't leave out the insults you rained at others in the process. And never forget that while you were being made to see some truths about Muki's position, all you do again was rain down abuses.

If you are asked why muslims keep long beards, what would be your answer? Don't just tell us it is sunnah 'cos you have to explain the purpote of that sunnah as well.
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by mukina2: 9:07pm On Jan 08, 2007
some people would never let sleeping dogs lie tongue grin

why wake it up again?
goodguy has his answers . .its ok now
you just keep going on and on . .
haaaaaaaaaaa
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 9:14pm On Jan 08, 2007
Yes TayoD I "rained down insults" without any provacation at all. yea, ok

TayoD:

@TOH,
If you are asked why muslims keep long beards, what would be your answer? Don't just tell us it is sunnah 'because you have to explain the purpose of that sunnah as well.

Mukina mentioned sunnah yea however did you bother to get her elaborate more? Maybe, maybe not. Either way the reason why she didnt really reply is mainly cos she probably felt this thread wasnt really seeking answers. That's what I got from how she was responding anyway hence the question I asked her recently.
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by TayoD(m): 9:22pm On Jan 08, 2007
@TOH,

You know what I got from those answers? They have no clue why they do what they do. How does it enahnce righteousness? How does it help them in their daily lives? Apart form the wrong notion that it is a secondary sex organ, I have found no other reasonable answer.

Muki did not provide answers not because she felt no one is seeking any, but because she does not know. Shikena.
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by mukina2: 9:33pm On Jan 08, 2007
tayod
tell me how will i reply to ur sermons
when you guys do not wait for the post to land before you start dissectin it
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by TayoD(m): 9:45pm On Jan 08, 2007
Mukina2,

Don't you expect us to dissect whatever answers you give to us? So you want us to agree that beards are secondary sexual organs without batting an eyelid? I was not brought up that way academically and spiritually.
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jan 08, 2007
Mukina,would the length of beard be a requirement when you are about to choose a spouse?

my other question,most of the Muslim have been speaking so far for the women,from a Muslimah perspective,would you be happy being a second,third or 4th wife or even a first wife with many other co wives to share your matrimonial bed with?

what would be your initial reaction when your beloved husband announces that another female is moving in?
Is the womans consult and feelings at all important or they have no say?
How would you feel as a woman on your bed lonely at night,knowing that another woman perhaps younger and preetier is next door with your man and you have no say and that yet another may come in later.

I am serious,your answer here is really solicited.
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by mukina2: 10:05pm On Jan 08, 2007
babyosisi:

Mukina,would the length of beard be a requirement when you are about to choose a spouse?

no no and no

babyosisi:

my other question,most of the Muslim have been speaking so far for the women,from a Muslimah perspective,would you be happy being a second,third or 4th wife or even a first wife with many other co wives to share your matrimonial bed with?
my mum did not had one neither did my grandmum . i would never do that . . yes Islam says that a man can have up to four wives but that wont happen to me . .it wont be . .

babyosisi:

what would be your initial reaction when your beloved husband announces that another female is moving in?

for me o . .i'll leave . .note that i am speaking for myself and not for all muslim women some will stay but not me . .
iknow the religion doest permit that . but i'll leave . .

babyosisi:

Is the womans consult and feelings at all important or they have no say?

fact in Islam is more about men . . . . .cant say more here

babyosisi:

How would you feel as a woman on your bed lonely at night,knowing that another woman perhaps younger and preetier is next door with your man and you have no say and that yet another may come in later.

i dnt how i'll feel because i wont even try it angry
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jan 08, 2007
mukina2:

no no and no
my mum did not had one neither did my grandmum . i would never do that . . yes Islam says that a man can have up to four wives but that wont happen to me . .it wont be . .

for me o . .i'll leave . .note that i am speaking for myself and not for all muslim women some will stay but not me . .
iknow the religion doest permit that . but i'll leave . .

fact in Islam is more about men . . . . .can't say more here

i dnt how i'll feel because i wont even try it angry

Your answer here has gladdened my heart to know that there are Muslim women that see this polygamy thing as unfair to us women and would not stand it no matter how much the men tell us how fantastic it is(for us).
I'm pretty sure you are not alone in this.

Not just in Islam,some people have used some Christian texts out of context to dehumanise the female.

I once said that no woman in their right mind if given a choice would prefer to be one of many wives and you have proven me right.
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by goodguy(m): 10:19pm On Jan 08, 2007
TayoD, thanks for bringing us back on course.

ThiefOfHearts:

Last I checked I stayed ON topic by asking mukina about SAID topic, that's when you all came around and interrupted the conversation I was having with her or should I provide quotes for you?

And while asking mukina, you accused the OP and other posters of trying to ridicule Islam, while calling our posts "shit" at the same time.  This was when you started derailing the topic.  You started it all.  You're always starting trouble with all your name callings.  And as babyosisi said, that is very unladylike.
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by shahan(f): 10:24pm On Jan 08, 2007
Ouuhhh!!  angry Is this how I taught you, my pikin??

babyosisi:

mukina2 link=topic=31940.msg803623#msg803623 date=1168290341:

no no and no

And why not?? How can you just shame us all like that? why is SR Engr. Olabowale's theory not applicable to you?  undecided

babyosisi:

from a Muslimah perspective,would you be happy being a second,third or 4th wife or even a first wife with many other co wives to share your matrimonial bed with?

i would never do that . . yes Islam says that a man can have up to four wives but that wont happen to me . .it wont be . .

***(sighs, roles eyes and faints**then sighs again). . . (when did ma daughter start backsliding from Islam??  kiss

babyosisi:

i dnt how i'll feel because i wont even try it

ojibi-jibi-jibi!! lipsrsealed Why have they suddenly ganged up to put you in such a predicament?? This interview was sudden. . . not enough time for me to have stretched my bia bia!!

But, my dear, I'm really proud of you! At least, you will go very far - for telling the truth this time!  cheesy
(that is, you will go very far from those. . . long bearded pedos and their religion, who know nutin but to beat their wives because they fail to bring in the concubines or those whom their right hand possess!!)  grin  grin
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by mukina2: 10:27pm On Jan 08, 2007
babyosisi:

I'm pretty sure you are not alone in this.

I once said that no woman in their right mind if given a choice would prefer to be one of many wives and you have proven me right.

i am not alone on it . .almost all my friends agree with me
religion aside . .the fact is we are all humans  . .take for exmaple if you have a sister or female cousin livin with you . .you always have small small wahala . .just imagine what you'll have if that was someone you have no ties to . .

i have a friend back then in frretown who actuall ran away from home . she's lebanese  . when she was forced to marry a cousin angry

i am just happy that my family doesnt allow arranged marriages angry
@shaitan leave me alone what now?
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by shahan(f): 10:29pm On Jan 08, 2007
mukina2:

And they will never allow it in Jesus' Name! Muki, you're too valuable to be given away like that.
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 10:31pm On Jan 08, 2007
goodguy, what you think of me means absolutely nothing to me. I dont do "ladylike" in cyber world. Sorry to break it to you. Obviously it bothers you since you keep hounding me around, why dont you just put me on ignore and go on your way.

TayoD:

@TOH,

You know what I got from those answers? They have no clue why they do what they do. How does it enahnce righteousness? How does it help them in their daily lives? Apart form the wrong notion that it is a secondary sex organ, I have found no other reasonable answer, 

So in other words you didnt gave any knowlegde from this thread. True or False?
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jan 08, 2007
a question now to the Muslim man,if your wife vehemently opposes your marrying another woman,

A. would you do it anyway as your Allah ordained duties since you've convinced yourself you can love them equally,

B. Banish and whip her labelling her a disobedient wife ,

C . pronounce "I divorce you 4 times,get rid of her and find one willing to comply or

D. Would you see her point that it is degrading and de humanising from a womans perspective to share a man with several others.

bellotti,babs and Olabowole(even though I know your singular take on this),over to you.
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by goodguy(m): 10:39pm On Jan 08, 2007
ThiefOfHearts:

goodguy, what you think of me means absolutely nothing to me. I don't do "ladylike" in cyber world. Sorry to break it to you. Obviously it bothers you since you keep hounding me around, why don't you just put me on ignore and go on your way.

For as long as you keep directing your posts to me and attacking me, it won't work. Ever noticed, you're always the first to attack me?
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jan 08, 2007
mukina2:

i am not alone on it . .almost all my friends agree with me
religion aside . .the fact is we are all humans  . .take for exmaple if you have a sister or female cousin livin with you . .you always have small small wahala . .just imagine what you'll have if that was someone you have no ties to . .

i have a friend back then in frretown who actuall ran away from home . she's lebanese  . when she was forced to marry a cousin angry

@shaitan leave me alone what now?

I was acquainted many years ago with a beautiful female Muslim physician from Tunisia whose husband had been so cruel  in the name of light beatings including bringing in another woman in the name of religion.
When she attempted to escape,even her own family sought to kill her.
She is thankfully now safe here in the USA.
I have tried to find  her but she told me she was going to change her identity for safety reasons before we lost touch
There are many stories like hers.
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jan 08, 2007
No woman, under the guise of anything,religion or not should be treated like a property.
We are full humans with complete thinking faculty.

I would advocate strongly for women and children of any race,religion or creed.
Every woman should have the right and priviledge to determine what is right for them,even if it opposes what the man wants of them.
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by mukina2: 10:48pm On Jan 08, 2007
babyosisi:

I was acquainted many years ago with a beautiful female Muslim physician from Tunisia whose husband had been so cruel  in the name of light beatings including bringing in another woman in the name of religion.
When she attempted to escape,even her own family sought to kill her.
She is thankfully now safe here in the USA.
I have tried to find  her but she told me she was going to change her identity for safety reasons before we lost touch
There are many stories like hers.

yeah .  . .sometime ago a girl stabbed a man to death  .here . .simply because the family wanted her to marry the man and she was just 18 . .she was in school . .living her normal . life . .they forced her . .had her male relatives forcefully carry her into the home . .unbeknowin  to them she had a knife hidden in her wrapper . .she stabbed him to death when he forced himself on her . .it was a big case  but women groups all over the country stood up for her . .and they didnt arrest her

as for me no man will ever force me to marry him
even iuf i love my husband more than life and itself the minute he brings in another woman i'll leave . angry

@shaitan . .i am the only girl so my Papa would never do that cheesy
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 10:50pm On Jan 08, 2007
babyosisi:

Not just in Islam,some people have used some Christian texts out of context to dehumanise the female.

some sects of Mormonism allows multiple wives as well and you are indeed right that some Christians use text to dehumanize females, some use it for racism and slavery, which is why I find all this a little too weird.
Either way if you try to look for something bad in certain things, you'll surely find it. Infact alot of things people accuse Islam of is pretty much the same as some of the African traditions that some people still partake in anyway.

I asked mukina about his presence because it reminded me alot of when I was very young here elementary school. The "akatas" would always have questions to ask about "Africa" from us then you go all into it but then you relaize that these people arent asking to understand, they are asking to make a fool out of you. They maken all the same dumb jokes, you think you are helping by trying to make them understand but it made matters worse. Not all did this but alot of them did and eventually I become wise to their dumb questions and usually avoided/ignored them.

I suppose that's what I felt for her because this isnt the first thread in which I've seen her react like this and it's like, why does she bother?

anyway carry on
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 10:51pm On Jan 08, 2007
babyosisi:

a question now to the Muslim man,if your wife vehemently opposes your marrying another woman,

A. would you do it anyway as your Allah ordained duties since you've convinced yourself you can love them equally,

B. Banish and whip her labelling her a disobedient wife ,

C . pronounce "I divorce you 4 times,get rid of her and find one willing to comply or

D. Would you see her point that it is degrading and de humanising from a womans perspective to share a man with several others.

bellotti,babs and Olabowole(even though I know your singular take on this),over to you.

heh, I am now actually curious myself. good question.
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by Nobody: 10:59pm On Jan 08, 2007
Ummm. . . I don't see anything inherently wrong with polygamy! cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Would You Prefer To Live In An Islamic Country? / Different Types Of Covering That Muslim Women Use / Things Your Muslim Wife Wont Tell You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.