Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,902 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:28 AM

Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? - Islam for Muslims (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? (31383 Views)

Why Do Muslim Females Make Very Beautiful Hairstlyles To Eventually Cover It Up? / If 72 Virgins Are Giving To Muslim Men In Paradise(????)..whats For The Women? / Why Do Muslim Men Wear Short Trousers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 6:16pm On Jan 07, 2007
goodguy:

Apparently, you mentioned my name in your post, meaning I am part of those you were referring to.

Actually I was summerizing the thread in one paragraph. Since you are indeed the OP, naturally you'd be mentioned. Reading Comprehension obviously isnt your strong suit.
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by goodguy(m): 6:37pm On Jan 07, 2007
ThiefOfHearts:

It's kind of amusing that you are willing to accept Olabowale's strange answers over mukina's. Hers werent satisfactory but wole's "the beard is a sex organ" answer is fine with you?

Mukina only told me why Muslim men keep beards - because it is "Sunnah", which, to me, isn't even worth calling a reason. On the other hand, Olabowale pointed out the significance of beard keeping, which I also find absurd anyway. If you think I have anything against Mukina for not accepting her replies, then you're greatly mistaken. Just incase you didn't know, Mukina and I get along very well on Yahoo messenger.

ThiefOfHearts:

Out of a 10 page thread, that's the so called knowledge you obtained that is ok with you?

That's the so-called knowledge I obtained from the 8-page thread - Yes.

That is okay with me? - No.

Don't put words into my mouth, miss!

ThiefOfHearts:

Lol, I really wish I knew who you think you are fooling with your "I'm just an innocent bystander looking for answers" bull.

No one, really.

ThiefOfHearts:

Try again, next time.

What?

ThiefOfHearts:

Actually I was summerizing the thread in one paragraph. Since you are indeed the OP, naturally you'd be mentioned. Reading Comprehension obviously isnt your strong suit.

And since the context in which my name was mentioned, naturally, was perceived wrongly, I had every reason to address that. English comprehension obviously isn't your suit.
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 6:55pm On Jan 07, 2007
goodguy:

Mukina only told me why Muslim men keep beards - because it is "Sunnah", which, to me, isn't even worth calling a reason.

Eventually she went into depth about it and even provided links and quotes explaining herself, did she not?

and what context are you implying? OP = original poster, or isnt that you?
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by TayoD(m): 7:18pm On Jan 07, 2007
@godguy,

I admire your patience in trying to enlightene someone who feels the only reason why people ask questions is to ridicule others. Her self righteousness and holier-than-thou attitude even gave her the bravado to assume she knows the intention of the heart of others.

Her hypocrisy is glaring to all by her lack of condemnation of the other party's rightful questions about the faith of christianity. I tire for her B.S. It smells to high heavens.
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by shahan(f): 7:26pm On Jan 07, 2007
She's looking for attention - give her space, she go relax! cheesy
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 7:31pm On Jan 07, 2007
TayoD:

@ Her self righteousness and holier-than-thou attitude .

Rofl. I am alot of things but these two I am not

and LOL isnt one of the qualities of a true Christian supposed to be patience? Guess you fail as one eh?

Her hypocrisy is glaring to all by her lack of condemnation of the other party's rightful questions about the faith of christianity

What does this have to do with what I asked Mukina? Olabowale's known for yarning rubbish, you're right, he does say stupid crap about Christianity in general at times, I have actually argued with him a few times before but my comment had NOTHING to do with Olabowale so where exactly is the hypocrisy? If I defended him here then maybe I'll see what you're talking about but since I didnt, I fail to see your point. If you havent noticed things were being said way before olabowale came into the thread anyway.
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by TayoD(m): 7:43pm On Jan 07, 2007
@TOH,

I'm glad you can recognise yourself for what you are. You were able to tell I was refering to you in my post to goodguy.

Why won't you fail to see our points when you just barged onto the forum, accused the Original Poster of having a hidden agenda, accused everyone else of self righteousness, and now trying to do some damage control.

Of course I'm impatient with B.S., especially those that are packaged in self-righteousness.  Even Jesus couldn't stand the self-righteousness of the Pharisees. He made it known in no glowing terms.
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by mrpataki(m): 7:52pm On Jan 07, 2007
@ Thiefofheart,
lol, grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Really i cant seem to stop laughing when i see nitwits of your type of come here with basically no drive/quest to know better but yet are well noted for the ramblings across various thread.
When i said you piss me off, i actually meant, your stupidity is ridiculous! Dont think i stand to gain anything from a dummy like you.
Better go back to your thread "Romance for dummies" and yarn your dust there.
Village thing!
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 7:59pm On Jan 07, 2007
TayoD:

@TOH,

I'm glad you can recognise yourself for what you are. You were able to tell I was refering to you in my post to goodguy.

Oh you actually thought you made it vague on who you were talking about despite the "she this she that". Sorry you failed  undecided

What are the points? By all means show me the knowledge gained from this thread? It's like a broken record since threads like this have been made many many times. Ironically always with the same ol' people

You keep crying blah blah you don't get it yet can't give an example and ONCE AGAIN, since you people seem to have sight issues, what does ANY of this have to do with me wondering why mukina continues to bother with such threads? or is the fact that I questioned your favorite scapegoat a threat to you?

Hey here's a quick suggestion, Instead of trying to make mukina "see the light" since you believe she's blind and all, why not put all that energy towards Seun's "why I'm no longer a Christian" thread? It's been highly embarrassing watching 2 atheists pratically serve you people your asses on a silver platter.
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 8:01pm On Jan 07, 2007
mrpataki:

@ Thiefofheart,
lol, grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Really i can't seem to stop laughing when i see nitwits of your type of come here with basically no drive/quest to know better but yet are well noted for the ramblings across various thread.
When i said you piss me off, i actually meant, your stupidity is ridiculous! Dont think i stand to gain anything from a dummy like you.
Village thing!

If infact you graduated from university, you are proof that only connection works in Nigeria.

are you not the same "mrpataki" who has been foaming around the mouth like a rabid dog in Reverend's thread when you are doing pratically the EXACT same thing in this one?

Rofl. You will not kill me. cheesy
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by shahan(f): 8:33pm On Jan 07, 2007
I'm sorry to say that not one muslim has been able to stand atheistic enquiries. Anytime Christians and atheists rub minds on any issue at all, once and again all muslims disappear, and those who dare to attempt any questions simply sound off what they'v learnt by rote without the slightest clue as to the word 'intelligence'. That anyone would try to even defend them is hilarious - why have they disappeared when no one chases them with daggers the way their Qur'an enjoins them?
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by mrpataki(m): 8:34pm On Jan 07, 2007
@ thiefofhearts,
ThiefOfHearts:

If infact you graduated from university, you are proof that only connection works in Nigeria.

are you not the same "mrpataki" who has been foaming around the mouth like a rabid dog in Reverend's thread when you are doing pratically the EXACT same thing in this one?

Rofl. You will not kill me. cheesy
Again you prove yourself out as the dummy you are rated as, whats the point addressing your obdurate state of intellectual reasoning and thought patterns, that has only produced greater stupidity for all to see and be ashamed of.

Really dont know what your stake is here, when biggots like you are most celebrated in the romance section.
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 8:37pm On Jan 07, 2007
dude, pataki or whatever. You're just rambling rubbish. First of all bigot has one "g", secondly nothing you wrote had anything to do with the topic at hand, infact it had nothing to do with anything when infact it was just incomprehensible garbage. You know it hit you when I threw your hypocrisy right in your face that's why you're rambling like the psychopath that you are.

You believe there's no point in arguing with me cos Im this and that. How about you stop trying to argue with me then and get out of my face. Deal?
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 8:56pm On Jan 07, 2007
shahan:

I'm sorry to say that not one muslim has been able to stand atheistic enquiries. Anytime Christians and atheists rub minds on any issue at all, once and again all muslims disappear, and those who dare to attempt any questions simply sound off what they'v learnt by rote without the slightest clue as to the word 'intelligence'.

I personally think it's because like the Jews, they don't try to get people to join their religion. It's like

"hey I'm an atheist"
"oh really, ok. I on the other hand believe in Allah or Jehovah"
"ok, that's your problem"
bye

as opposed to

"hey I'm atheist"
"what? Are you crazy?"
"what? am I not allowed to be an atheist"
"No because God is everywhere, only an idiot would claim atheism. You will not be blessed like I am even though I'm probably poorer than you are. Stupid heathen, you're going to burn in hell"

grin

Just playing but really i guess they just don't care to be bothered. Rather do their own thing. That's what I get from the ones I know anyway.

or that's what I get from those around me.

Either way that thread was about his problem with Christianity anyway
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by shahan(f): 9:03pm On Jan 07, 2007
I see your sense of humour, and couldn't have taken those hypothetical scenario half seriously. I know - because I kid around a lot myself.

Anyway, I was a little concerned about the line that you thought two atheists served Christians on Nairaland. That hasn't been the case, if you go through again.

Anyways, have fun and be cool.
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jan 07, 2007
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Ladies and gentlemen! Decorum in the house!!! shocked Absolutely no form of insults allowed in here! shocked

Now can we please all repent and return to the topic?

"I'm waiting . . . " grin
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by goodguy(m): 9:44pm On Jan 07, 2007
ThiefOfHearts:

Eventually she went into depth about it and even provided links and quotes explaining herself, did she not?

The links and quotes are exactly what I'm talking about.  They're all about the 'Sunnah'.

ThiefOfHearts:

and what context are you implying? OP = original poster, or isnt that you?

Yet another English comprehension problem. undecided  The context I'm talking about, not implying, is the one in which my name was mentioned.  You claimed you were only summarizing the whole thread, and that you naturally had to mention my name but you weren't referring to me.   And since you said my replies to you were "whines", and were only a proof of my guilt of your baseless accusations, I then replied you saying, even in the context in which you had to mention my name, naturally, you had a wrong notion about my motive, which was why I felt the need to reply in order to correct that perception you had, and not because of any feeling of guilt of any stupid passive aggression, as you put it.  

ThiefOfHearts:

since you people seem to have sight issues, what does ANY of this have to do with me wondering why mukina continues to bother with such threads? or is the fact that I questioned your favorite scapegoat a threat to you?

Nope.  The reason why everyone (me in particular) is on your neck is because you accused me, as the OP, of trying to ridicule Islam, as well as the other posters too, even though I already made my intentions clear over and over again.  If you can't accept it the way it is, you can as well jump into the nearest lagoon for all I care.
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jan 07, 2007
shocked shocked shocked

goodguy! i'm shocked! I thought you accused me the other day of being the mean and arrogant one. I remember you clearly "admonishing" me with "brotherly kindness" not to pass along my message to my islamic friends with aggression and a harsh tone! Wow!  grin

Take it easy my dears, carry your fight to another thread o and leave us in peace here!  grin

Where's sir olabowale? Just when i was begining to enjoy his treatise! cheesy
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by mukina2: 9:53pm On Jan 07, 2007
TOH
dont mind them
problem is you refused to jon the bandwagon ,
goodguy never appreciated the fact that i was only tryin to help undecided
i would they expect me to explain
wen the minute you post something . .
they dnt even wait for the post to land
they start dicing it undecided
@all
you see whether  am in the dark, the light . .or the sun
i am a muslim
i actually enjoy ur long long sermons . .
wherein you try to 'make me see the light' i am not yet blind .and will never be . .INshaAllah
say whatever you feel like . .
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by Reverend(m): 9:53pm On Jan 07, 2007
Sir Olabowale is here but he is hard to recognize because of his long beard grin grin
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by goodguy(m): 9:55pm On Jan 07, 2007
davidylan:

shocked shocked shocked

goodguy! i'm shocked! I thought you accused me the other day of being the mean and arrogant one. I remember you clearly "admonishing" me with "brotherly kindness" not to pass along my message to my islamic friends with aggression and a harsh tone! Wow!  grin

And who exactly is the Muslim that I am passing my aggression and harsh tone to in this case, since that's what you're trying to bring out, I suppose?

BTW, I never accused you of being mean and arrogant.  If you want me to copy and paste the conversation we had that day here, open a thread and I'll kindly do so.

Please don't start your nonsense here.
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jan 07, 2007
mukina2:

wherein you try to 'make me see the light' i am not yet blind .and will never be . .INshaAllah

I think i must have heard this somewhere before. Aye, the dear old pharisees used that line a lot! Only those days there was nothing like inshaallah!  grin
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jan 07, 2007
Woah there badguy,

dont you think its too early to start accusing me of saying nonsense? grin
Did you actually save the transcript of our last conversation? Wow! i must be important a little bit. wink thanks badguy.

Mind if we return to the topic of the thread sir?
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by goodguy(m): 10:00pm On Jan 07, 2007
mukina2:

goodguy never appreciated the fact that i was only tryin to help undecided

La ilaha illa-Allah! shocked  I can't believe this is coming from you, mukina.  You are the same person that apologized to me yesterday on messenger for the way you responded to me, even though I didn't take anything against you.  You brought up this issue, and I explained to you, to which you responded that you now understand me.  And now you're here saying I never appreciated the fact that you were trying to help?  Have you forgotten our conversation so soon?
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by goodguy(m): 10:05pm On Jan 07, 2007
davidylan:

don't you think its too early to start accusing me of saying nonsense? grin

You just made a post that you cannot even back up. I call that nonsense. Seriously, are you just trying to impress ToH or what?

davidylan:

Did you actually save the transcript of our last conversation? Wow! i must be important a little bit. wink thanks badguy.

My message archive is enabled, which means all chats I have on Yahoo messenger are always saved in the archive. Don't get too excited.

davidylan:

Mind if we return to the topic of the thread sir?

You knew that before coming up with your nonsense.
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by mukina2: 10:07pm On Jan 07, 2007
goodguy did i apologise or did i say what was on my mind? tongue tongue
you see i dnt like to keep grudges against people
thats the fact . .thats just it
remember this thread was locked cuz we were going off-topic
with you tryin to bring me down for tryin to help out
when did you start believin in Islam?
goodguy why do you like quotin people
is dat the first thing i taught you? tongue tongue

@david ha  na wetin now . .
no use crying over split coffee grin grin grin milk is for babies
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by Nobody: 10:12pm On Jan 07, 2007
goodguy:

You just made a post that you cannot even back up. I call that nonsense. Seriously, are you just trying to impress ToH or what?

grin grin
Nah, i wouldnt descend as low as you and some other guys out there i know. Just speaking my mind, you will note i only reserved my words for you and NOT the other guys on this thread. Them i respect, YOU i do not! I have read some of your other posts before! wink

mukina2:

@david ha na wetin now . .
no use crying over split coffee grin grin grin milk is for babies

Muki! Muki! How are you today? Did you spill something?
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by shahan(f): 10:17pm On Jan 07, 2007
mukina2:

no use crying over split coffee ;

Oohhh! No, no, no, no!! shocked That's not how I taught you my dear. The idiom is 'spilt milk' not 'split coffee' (coffee is not firewood to be split like those in Medina!).

Phew! Thank goodness - those long bearded pedos didn't grab you. Good gal! cheesy
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by goodguy(m): 10:18pm On Jan 07, 2007
mukina2:

goodguy did i apologise or did i say what was on my mind? tongue tongue

You did say you were sorry, didn't you? tongue

mukina2:

you see i dnt like to keep grudges against people
thats the fact . .thats just it

Yes I know that.

mukina2:

remember this thread was locked because we were going off-topic

Yes I remember.

mukina2:

with you tryin to bring me down for tryin to help out

No I wasn't.  You were.

mukina2:

when did you start believin in Islam?

Where/when did I indicate so?

mukina2:

goodguy why do you like quotin people

Because it helps me address whoever I'm addressing better.  It also helps me express my points better.

mukina2:

is that the first thing i taught you? tongue tongue

I'm not sure I can remember. grin grin
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by goodguy(m): 10:22pm On Jan 07, 2007
davidylan:

grin grin
Nah, i wouldnt descend as low as you and some other guys out there i know. Just speaking my mind, you will note i only reserved my words for you and NOT the other guys on this thread. Them i respect, YOU i do not! I have read some of your other posts before! wink

I thought you just said we should get back to the topic?
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jan 07, 2007
i was doing so until you started beating around the bush!

Back to the topic learned gentlemen! grin
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by mukina2: 10:30pm On Jan 07, 2007
stop dreaming goodguy i didnt aplogise . .why would i? tongue

you said Lahilla illa Allah cheesy

shaitan haaa you were offline . .as soon as i came on you came back . .leave me alone tongue grin

david i didnt you did

seun pls lock this thread . .badguy has his answers now tongue

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Would You Prefer To Live In An Islamic Country? / Different Types Of Covering That Muslim Women Use / Things Your Muslim Wife Wont Tell You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.