Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,048 members, 7,821,600 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:32 PM

Buhari Pays N2.6bn To 638 Youwin Awardees - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Pays N2.6bn To 638 Youwin Awardees (28632 Views)

Why We Bought N3.6bn Exotic Cars During Recession –reps / Buhari Pays Homage To Ewuare, Oba Of Benin / Halliburton Scandal: Aisha Buhari Pays Sahara Reporters For A Faked Us Trip (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Pays N2.6bn To 638 Youwin Awardees by nzemila(m): 9:33pm On Jun 28, 2016
Terry1:
We have not been paid why is Federal Government lying against youth that trying to create thousands of employments? This money was set aside since 2013, FG say on it all these while, now because YouWiN awardees protested they are bringing out fake news and paying different media to publish it.

Mrs. Kemi why the lies?
FG why the lies?

Are you among the youth? cant you please for once read something and get it. Did mrs kemi told you that she has paid anyone? for once bro
Re: Buhari Pays N2.6bn To 638 Youwin Awardees by seguno2: 9:42pm On Jun 28, 2016
Tolexander:
That is nice of Mr President!

Continuity brings about continuous development

You don talk am finish, Oga.
Continuing good programmes like this will help us develop continuously.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Pays N2.6bn To 638 Youwin Awardees by higherpower: 9:46pm On Jun 28, 2016
Leboska:
if @ all this is true I can bet you is going to be 99% northerners & 1% southerners.

Are they not Nigerians?
Re: Buhari Pays N2.6bn To 638 Youwin Awardees by Berusphilip(m): 9:49pm On Jun 28, 2016
AND NIGERIA IS ONLY MADE FOR NORTHERNERS RIGHT?? shocked
MrNigeriaPMB:

And 99% notherners are not Nigerians abi

Cant u jus b positive for once

Are u allergic to good news?
Re: Buhari Pays N2.6bn To 638 Youwin Awardees by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jun 28, 2016
eugene77:
APC & lies is just like bread & butter. The govt has not paid the Youwin3 awardees ooooo! I know so many Youwin3 awardees who are bn owed their 2nd & 3rd tranches. These guys are truly doing well in their various businesses but I don't know why the present govt refused to pay up their merritted state-up grants but decide to tell lies to the world. Pls, Buhari & Adeosun should pay & encourage these guys in their brave efforts to curb unemployment to the bearest minimum in this country. Any furhter delay to settle these young & vibrant entreprenuers will be a regarded as sabotage to the Nigerian Youths.

Re: Buhari Pays N2.6bn To 638 Youwin Awardees by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jun 28, 2016
The past government wasn't doing so bad after all angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Pays N2.6bn To 638 Youwin Awardees by sydneyobioha(m): 10:07pm On Jun 28, 2016
;;

1 Like

Re: Buhari Pays N2.6bn To 638 Youwin Awardees by Terry1(m): 10:07pm On Jun 28, 2016
The Federal Government is set to start consultations with beneficiaries and other stakeholders on the restructuring and refocusing of the multi-billion Naira Youth Enterprise with Innovation in Nigeria (YouWin) programme with the objective of injecting new ideas for its sustainability.
The Federal Ministry of Finance, which has been running the programme from inception, has scheduled the consultation for July 22, 2016 in Abuja, where representatives of the beneficiaries drawn from the six-geo-political zones and other stakeholders would chart a way forward for the programme.

Under the programme which took off in 2011, a total of 18, 000 young entrepreneurs have been trained in various aspects of Small and Medium Enterprises management and business skills; and 3, 900 of them, including 1, 200 women, were each given non-repayable take-off grants for businesses of their choice ranging from N1 million up to a maximum of N10 million.

The third edition of the programme, which is still running with 1,500 beneficiaries, has received the sum of N11.2 billion in funding, and so far grants totaling N7.4 billion have been disbursed to the awardees. In June 2016 alone, the sum of N1.687 billion was paid to 638 awardees.

The Minister of Finance, Mrs. Kemi Adeosun, said that as part of the change agenda of the current administration, the YouWin programme has to be restructured to ensure efficiency, transparency and accountability in investing the capital grants given to the beneficiaries by the Federal Government.

Mrs Adeosun confirmed that all FG commitments under the YouWIN programme will be fully met, but due diligence would be carried out on every beneficiary, using tools like the Bank Verification Number (BVN), and before disbursements.

Signed
SALISU NA’INNA DAMBATTA
Director (Information)
June 28, 2016
Source: https://thewhistler.ng/story/fg-to-re-jig-multi-billion-youwin-naira-programme?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

Oga how do you interpret the bolded part above? And if am not among the youth why will I say "we"? Are you aware of how long we have been on the FG and FMF's neck to pay our grants? Well, I tell you now FG and FMF are lying. We are not paid yet.

nzemila:

Are you among the youth? cant you please for once read something and get it. Did mrs kemi told you that she has paid anyone? for once bro
Re: Buhari Pays N2.6bn To 638 Youwin Awardees by xdream(m): 10:15pm On Jun 28, 2016
Fellow Nigerians I would be brief on this.

Please disregard the claims that the federal government has paid that gargantuan sum of money to YouWiN! awardees.

In the real sense of it, there has been Three YouWiN! editions so far. The first and second editions have been paid while the third edition are still left to be paid in full.

There are 1500 winners in the third edition and by the grace of God, I am one of them. The YouWiN! fund has helped me to own and run a concrete block industry in Lagos.

I could also tell you that since September 2014 when the YouWiN! 3 finalist came out, the YouWiN! secretariat has been telling us stories. while tranches have not been fully paid.

To know what's trending about the YouWiN! 3 edition, you may need to search for #YouWiN3Awardees and #SaveYouWiN3Businesses on twitter. I pledge to be a good ambassador of the YouWiN! initiative.

Thank you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Pays N2.6bn To 638 Youwin Awardees by Avelo: 10:35pm On Jun 28, 2016
[quote author=xdream post=47022284][b]Fellow Nigerians I would be brief on this.

Please disregard the claims that the federal government has paid that gargantuan sum of money to YouWiN! awardees.

In the real sense of it, there has been YouWiN! 3 editions so far. The first and second editions have been paid while the third edition are still left to be paid in full.
Foolish zombies will come to argue here that youwin awardees have been paid, while we ve not seen a dime. Can u imagine the propaganda flooding the news all over net while refusing to pay. Anywsy propaganda can only take you so far and awardees response is also going to be loud and clear nonsensee.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Pays N2.6bn To 638 Youwin Awardees by stanisbaratheon: 10:37pm On Jun 28, 2016
Has the ITF (Industial Training Fund) paid the said money we were told they would pay those that underwent students' industrial training or the money has been embezzled as usual??
Re: Buhari Pays N2.6bn To 638 Youwin Awardees by Terry1(m): 10:37pm On Jun 28, 2016
xdream:
Fellow Nigerians I would be brief on this.

In the real sense of it, there has been Three YouWiN! editions so far. The first and second editions have been paid while the third edition are still left to be paid in full.

There are 1500 winners in the third edition and by the grace of God, I am one of them. The YouWiN! fund has helped me to own and run a concrete block industry in Lagos.

I could also tell you that since September 2014 when the YouWiN! 3 finalist came out, the YouWiN! secretariat has been telling us stories. while tranches have not been fully paid.

To know what's trending about the YouWiN! 3 edition, you may need to search for #YouWiN3Awardees and #SaveYouWiN3Businesses on twitter. I pledge to be a good ambassador of the YouWiN! initiative.

Thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Pays N2.6bn To 638 Youwin Awardees by Orikinla(m): 10:59pm On Jun 28, 2016
cnwokike:
Federal Government has paid the sum of N1.6bn to 638 awardees of the Youth Enterprise with Innovation in Nigeria, YouWin, programme, an initiative of the past government.
There have been fears about the government of President Muhammadu Buhari scrapping the programme, with series of protests over the delay in grants.

But Na’inna Dambatta, director of information at the ministry of information, said the money was paid in June.

He said under the programme which took off in 2011, a total of 18, 000 young entrepreneurs were trained in management and business skills for Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs).

Dambatta said 3, 900 of the trainees, including 1, 200 women, were each given non-repayable take-off grants ranging from N1 million to a maximum of N10 million for businesses of their choice.

“The third edition of the programme, which is still running with 1,500 beneficiaries has received the sum of N11.2 billion in funding,” he said in a statement.

“So far, grants totaling N7.4 billion have been disbursed to the awardees.”

Kemi Adeosun, minister of finance, said the current administration was set to restructure the programme in line with its “change” agenda.

Adeosun said the restructuring would ensure efficiency, transparency and accountability in investing the capital grants given to the beneficiaries.

She added that all the commitments made by the federal government under the YouWIN programme would be fully met.

She said every beneficiary would be duly verified, using tools like bank verification number (BVN), before disbursements.

The minister said the federal government would begin consultations with the beneficiaries and other stakeholders of the programme to inject new ideas for its sustainability.

According to the statement, the ministry of finance, which has been running the programme from inception, will hold the consultation on July 22 in Abuja.

Winners of the third edition of the programme, earlier this month, stormed the headquarters of the ministry to protest the delay in the payment of their grants.

NAN

http://dailypost.ng/2016/06/28/buhari-pays-n2-6bn-to-638-youwin-awardees/

Re: Buhari Pays N2.6bn To 638 Youwin Awardees by Seuncoded(f): 11:07pm On Jun 28, 2016
SLIDEwaxie:
and so?
Checked the template www.ngschoolportal..com
Re: Buhari Pays N2.6bn To 638 Youwin Awardees by datboyjerry(m): 11:10pm On Jun 28, 2016
DailyPost made mistake writing N2.6bn instead of N1.6bn.. You guys just copy and paste without confirmation... that's terrible.
cnwokike:
Federal Government has paid the sum of N1.6bn to 638 awardees of the Youth Enterprise with Innovation in Nigeria, YouWin, programme, an initiative of the past government.
There have been fears about the government of President Muhammadu Buhari scrapping the programme, with series of protests over the delay in grants.

But Na’inna Dambatta, director of information at the ministry of information, said the money was paid in June.

He said under the programme which took off in 2011, a total of 18, 000 young entrepreneurs were trained in management and business skills for Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs).

Dambatta said 3, 900 of the trainees, including 1, 200 women, were each given non-repayable take-off grants ranging from N1 million to a maximum of N10 million for businesses of their choice.

“The third edition of the programme, which is still running with 1,500 beneficiaries has received the sum of N11.2 billion in funding,” he said in a statement.

Kemi Adeosun, minister of finance, said the current administration was set to restructure the programme in line with its “change” agenda.

Adeosun said the restructuring would ensure efficiency, transparency and accountability in investing the capital grants given to the beneficiaries.

She added that all the commitments made by the federal government under the YouWIN programme would be fully met.

She said every beneficiary would be duly verified, using tools like bank verification number (BVN), before disbursements.

The minister said the federal government would begin consultations with the beneficiaries and other stakeholders of the programme to inject new ideas for its sustainability.

According to the statement, the ministry of finance, which has been running the programme from inception, will hold the consultation on July 22 in Abuja.

Winners of the third edition of the programme, earlier this month, stormed the headquarters of the ministry to protest the delay in the payment of their grants.

NAN

Re: Buhari Pays N2.6bn To 638 Youwin Awardees by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jun 28, 2016
Leboska:
if @ all this is true I can bet you is going to be 99% northerners & 1% southerners.
i get confused these days. dunno what people really want?
Re: Buhari Pays N2.6bn To 638 Youwin Awardees by calobek: 11:11pm On Jun 28, 2016
Am a Youwin awardee and I have not been paid. I was told that the fund for north central in Gtb can not be found. I wonder who was paid.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Pays N2.6bn To 638 Youwin Awardees by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jun 28, 2016
Congrats to the winners
Re: Buhari Pays N2.6bn To 638 Youwin Awardees by ETILA100(m): 11:47pm On Jun 28, 2016
ma sis is among de beneficiary #thank God#ENZee clothings
Re: Buhari Pays N2.6bn To 638 Youwin Awardees by adimsmt: 11:53pm On Jun 28, 2016
cnwokike:

NAN

I have argued so many times that YOUWIN was one of the best program the GEJ administration initiated. But i wanted this government to restructured the grant inform of loan because people always take free things for granted and i also want the program to be strictly for university graduates only and allow them to use their certificates as collateral just to simplify the process.
Re: Buhari Pays N2.6bn To 638 Youwin Awardees by Kamozee(m): 12:55am On Jun 29, 2016
[quote author=EbukaLive post=47021025]
Please sir, you quoted the whole article sir. Can I ask you a simple question sir? Did you read the whole article or just the headline sir. Eh sir, looking forward to hearing back from you sir...[/quote

I'm sure you've heard the saying "he who wears the shoe knows where it bites"... ... like I said, I'm an awardee. Firstly, I can tell you the headline is false.. the number of awardees approved isn't 638 but 680. Secondly, even out of these approved awardees that the government has claimed that 1. 6 billion has been paid to, not even up to 50 or 60 have been paid. So I can tell you that both the headline and every other claim about payment in the story is false. As I speak to you there are many awardees who haven't even received their 2nd tranche payment.
Re: Buhari Pays N2.6bn To 638 Youwin Awardees by Kamozee(m): 1:07am On Jun 29, 2016
adimsmt:

I have argued so many times that YOUWIN was one of the best program the GEJ administration initiated. But i wanted this government to restructured the grant inform of loan because people always take free things for granted and i also want the program to be strictly for university graduates only and allow them to use their certificates as collateral just to simplify the process.
You make it sound like they just woke up one morning and decided to start distributing money to us. We Youwin awardees went through a very rigorous and thorough screening process. We know what we passed through before we won the grants.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Pays N2.6bn To 638 Youwin Awardees by cardoctor(m): 1:24am On Jun 29, 2016
I haven't received any alert yet.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Pays N2.6bn To 638 Youwin Awardees by EbukaLive(m): 1:33am On Jun 29, 2016
[quote author=Kamozee post=47025073][/quote]
pffft... The government didn't write the article or the hideous headline. I understand your pains, the statement by the government didn't give specifics on payments or number. The silly journalist did. What Adeosun is saying is payments will made... This government has been forth coming with paying backlog of things left unpaid by the last admin if you have been Following the news, they will pay my brother but it might take a while tho...
Re: Buhari Pays N2.6bn To 638 Youwin Awardees by Kamozee(m): 2:00am On Jun 29, 2016
EbukaLive:

pffft... The government didn't write the article or the hideous headline. I understand your pains, the statement by the government didn't give specifics on payments or number. The silly journalist did. What Adeosun is saying is payments will made... This government has been forth coming with paying backlog of things left unpaid by the last admin if you have been Following the news, they will pay my brother but it might take a while tho...

Yes, that's our hope. Infact that has been our hope for the past 15 months.. .. That we will be paid. However the fact still remains that they shouldn't have outrightly come out to say that we have been paid when we haven't. They have given a lot of Nigerians a very false news.
Re: Buhari Pays N2.6bn To 638 Youwin Awardees by adimsmt: 2:10am On Jun 29, 2016
Kamozee:

You make it sound like they just woke up one morning and decided to start distributing money to us. We Youwin awardees went through a very rigorous and thorough screening process. We know what we passed through before we won the grants.

Look I'm not in anyway dismissing the work you all who have benefited from this program did no, but you look at it this way like anything we do in Nigeria its a matter of time and for the sustainability of it. You will agree with with me free things don't last long.
Re: Buhari Pays N2.6bn To 638 Youwin Awardees by ReduceWeight(m): 3:10am On Jun 29, 2016
adimsmt:

Look I'm not in anyway dismissing the work you all who have benefited from this program did no, but you look at it this way like anything we do in Nigeria its a matter of time and for the sustainability of it. You will agree with with me free things don't last long.

And he's telling you its not free! Besides, it's not funded by Nigerian govt alone, world bank, dfid, etc are partners. If they want to scrap it, they can but complete the payment of this set which started since 2013! It was supposed to take just one year. The youths have suffered enough! Some resigned from their jobs to focus on the business created with the youwin funding.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Pays N2.6bn To 638 Youwin Awardees by ReduceWeight(m): 3:15am On Jun 29, 2016
And the money was provided by the 2015 budget! It has been the there all these while so it's not like the current administration is just sourcing for it. Just to approve the payment took a year+. Does it take that long when they want to pay senators and the likes? The hypocrisy in this country is alarming! Even after the approval, less than 10% of them have collected it and it's already in the media!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Pays N2.6bn To 638 Youwin Awardees by demio007: 3:59am On Jun 29, 2016
When previous administration paid. Everybody knew they pay. Why is this one is secretly done with no one confirming payment? Naija

1 Like

Re: Buhari Pays N2.6bn To 638 Youwin Awardees by MrNigeriaPMB: 4:15am On Jun 29, 2016
Berusphilip:
AND NIGERIA IS ONLY MADE FOR NORTHERNERS RIGHT?? shocked

My brother i never said dt

Shalom
Re: Buhari Pays N2.6bn To 638 Youwin Awardees by afrika(f): 6:24am On Jun 29, 2016
The rich men keeps walking boldly along the streets we suffer without fears. The masses are the ones that encourage them to do so. Yet our monies are stolen and we re left in a messy condition. It's unfortunate youths here still support governments failure cos of sentiments. Criticism strenghtens a government, at least to know when the masses are not happy or not.
Re: Buhari Pays N2.6bn To 638 Youwin Awardees by louqas: 6:29am On Jun 29, 2016
eugene77:
This publication is a propagnda of the highest order. Instead of the govt to truly release the money owed Youwin3 awardees, they decided to resort to lying abt it. Pls, the whole world should disregard this fake news. Buhari & Adeosun pls, do the needful by truly paying up the awrdees,shun propaga cos it won't help anybody......

The news source Is an opposition news channel using this to tarnish the image of the government , wait until the ministry of finance comes out with a statement before believing this story

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Okowa: It Would Be Disservice To Turn Down Nomination To Be Atiku’s Running Mate / LP: Court Nullification Of Alex Otti’s Candidature Too Late – Festus Ogun / EFCC Locates Account Linked To Obanikoro Into Which Dasuki Deposited Funds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.