Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:37 AM

Should Saraki Resign Over Forgery And False Asset Declaration Cases? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should Saraki Resign Over Forgery And False Asset Declaration Cases? (19343 Views)

Nigerians React After CCT Clears Saraki Of False Asset Declaration Charges / Saraki At The Code Of Conduct Tribunal For False Asset Declaration (photos) / Uche Ogah Arraigned For Forgery And Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Saraki Resign Over Forgery And False Asset Declaration Cases? by 01Mysticdon(m): 3:47pm On Jun 29, 2016
[quote author=Felixogodo post=47042403][/quote] undecided
Re: Should Saraki Resign Over Forgery And False Asset Declaration Cases? by Engrobiorah(m): 3:47pm On Jun 29, 2016
Thebachelor:

Imbeciles!!!

By their comments you shall know them.......
Please be just. Where is our president's WAEC cert

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should Saraki Resign Over Forgery And False Asset Declaration Cases? by ceejay80s(m): 3:49pm On Jun 29, 2016
Why won't he resign ?, in America and other civilized country they will resign, na only for naija a president/politicians/governors etc go get hiv/aids and will die the next day, he won't resign, na there he go die put, we funny for this Country o
Re: Should Saraki Resign Over Forgery And False Asset Declaration Cases? by Engrobiorah(m): 3:49pm On Jun 29, 2016
abdyak27:
to me, I think he should. issues as big as this does not even hapn in other countries, u will see Ppl stepping down... if he resign nw, better 4him b4 d court hit him wit a bigger offense.
Because he is not d president that doesnt have a mere WAEC cert?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should Saraki Resign Over Forgery And False Asset Declaration Cases? by APCZombieMod: 3:49pm On Jun 29, 2016
luvinhubby:
Should Buhari resign because he is facing trial for not possessing a WAEC certificate which disqualified him from contesting for the presidency?
You have said it all.......only the Zombies won't agree with you!

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should Saraki Resign Over Forgery And False Asset Declaration Cases? by dancewith: 3:50pm On Jun 29, 2016
In a normal situation the honorable thing here is for the SP and DSP to resign. But this trial is anything but normal. Saraki would be well aware the intentions of those behind the trial is to achieve his removal, whichever way that comes. In this regard his resignation would be a victory for those bent on ousting him from power, for whatever ill they feel he committed against them

This in mind, I do not see him willingly resigning. He knows, just like everyone else do, that the executive is orchestrating this plot and his political life depends on how he survives this. Winners are not quitters, quitters never win, comes to mind in a case like this

This also reminds me of the celebrated case between Atiku and the then president OBJ. Atiku was put on a moral bind and similarly asked to resign, for the integrity of the VP's office. He knew it was not about doing what is morally right (a situation that would have made him an eternally laughing stock) but a political fight, to the death, where fangs are bared and no prisoners taken. All is fair and just in war. He fought to the end and emerged a stronger foe. History would record this as a strength, rather than a weakness of morality

Saraki may be anything we despise and don't like but when the executive descends into a bowl of unsalacious grapes, and scraps around to bind and silence an important institution that is meant to check their own abuses, at least in theory, the society and justice should be on notice and wary. Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely

6 Likes

Re: Should Saraki Resign Over Forgery And False Asset Declaration Cases? by JamieRocks(m): 3:50pm On Jun 29, 2016
YES....he should resign If his truly a leader/ trustworthy person that wants a true democracy so as to save a better name/history for his coming generation.
Re: Should Saraki Resign Over Forgery And False Asset Declaration Cases? by Prales(m): 3:50pm On Jun 29, 2016
Maka why na? Who in Nigeria has ever resigned? You want to use him to set a precedence? Allow him take his time to defend himself instead of hounding him to resign. They are making it look like they instituted all these cases against him simply to force him to resign. Na lie, e no go happen. Jail him only after you find him guilty. Lobatan.
Re: Should Saraki Resign Over Forgery And False Asset Declaration Cases? by wyt(m): 3:51pm On Jun 29, 2016
Yes he should. Buh not until Buhari resign due to his own similar offence. Which include not having ssce, lieing about his assets and habouring a criminal as wife among others

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should Saraki Resign Over Forgery And False Asset Declaration Cases? by kahal29: 3:52pm On Jun 29, 2016
tomakint:
Saraki is being played by smart lawyers who saw his desperation for power and choose to keep deceiving him that he should hold on to power in the face of flagrant abuse of the office of the Senate President going by many incriminating legal issues dangling around his neck like 22-carat gold chain. The fact is, they need Saraki to spend more and more before sending him to gaol.

I think I agree with you completely
Re: Should Saraki Resign Over Forgery And False Asset Declaration Cases? by vislabraye(m): 3:53pm On Jun 29, 2016
Saraki deserves what he's getting. Let him face the music. Answer the case. On the other side, if he should resign because of this, then Buhari should also resign because of this certificate scandal. I guess they are the same type of people.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Saraki Resign Over Forgery And False Asset Declaration Cases? by nzemila(m): 3:54pm On Jun 29, 2016
some times i use to ask my self why some people chose to die in power? it is very clear that sariki and ekweremmadu want to die in dat seat. am still watching....
Re: Should Saraki Resign Over Forgery And False Asset Declaration Cases? by buksaylor001: 3:55pm On Jun 29, 2016
Buhari should first resign looking at morality but in the first place he made it clear at the outset that whoever that's going to occupy that Senate leadership position will be someone without blemish and whereas would be haunted.And Saraki knowing that he is dirty rushed to occupy that position so he is getting what he wanted as Buhari knew why he made that criterium loud and clear.But in as much as those that come to equity should come with clean hands but also who that brings termite infested woods into his house should not be surprised and scared when lizards come visiting-

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should Saraki Resign Over Forgery And False Asset Declaration Cases? by sammyj: 3:57pm On Jun 29, 2016
He not resign but rather STEP down and gaarout of there!!! grin grin grin
Re: Should Saraki Resign Over Forgery And False Asset Declaration Cases? by kulekaa(m): 3:58pm On Jun 29, 2016
let's go in2 voting those who want him 2 remain should like those who want him 2go should share
Re: Should Saraki Resign Over Forgery And False Asset Declaration Cases? by chaiks: 4:00pm On Jun 29, 2016
Am not supporting corruption anyway. I know all of them are corrupt in one way or the other. But in the case of saraki and Ike ekweremadu, I don't see any justification for their resignation. They should be allowed to defend themselves in the court. Am yet to see the evidence AGF has or the particular areas of the standing order that have been tampered with. Pressuring saraki to resign citing Cameron's case makes no meaning. If they resign, we I'll now have a trend where any political scapegoat I'll be accused and then forced to resign citing examples from the outside world . Let them defend themselves and at the end, we see the outcome. Judiciary we know is the last hope of common man.
Re: Should Saraki Resign Over Forgery And False Asset Declaration Cases? by Abbycite(m): 4:00pm On Jun 29, 2016
The truth is....he should resign?

But at the same time, if every elected person resign just because they av a court case to answer. Nobody will be left in office in Nigeria.

My president is facing a court case about his SSCE certificate, can we call for his resignation too?

I think we should stop comparing our situation with d western world
Re: Should Saraki Resign Over Forgery And False Asset Declaration Cases? by okeyfrank: 4:00pm On Jun 29, 2016
On the condition that Buhari resigns for not having WAEC certificate and lying to Nigerians over his certificate

3 Likes

Re: Should Saraki Resign Over Forgery And False Asset Declaration Cases? by anytexy: 4:02pm On Jun 29, 2016
Yes, Saraki and Buharii should resign for forgery.

2 Likes

Re: Should Saraki Resign Over Forgery And False Asset Declaration Cases? by nduchucks: 4:02pm On Jun 29, 2016
Is there any sane person who saw how Saraki disgraced Buhari and APC right after winning the Presidential election, who actually believes that Saraki was elected in a democratic and lawful matter, free of deceit and treachery?

Saraki should put the country and his family first by resigning. He is counting on the public outrage which could ensue if he is sent to prison. The good news is that everyone knows that his prison sentence would be just.

Saraki is no Awolowo, Ojukwu, or other prominent political prisoners. Saraki is a common thief.
Re: Should Saraki Resign Over Forgery And False Asset Declaration Cases? by Reference(m): 4:05pm On Jun 29, 2016
He should have resigned since last year. Seperation of powers, checks and balances I totally support but not on this basis. When you become sentimental the executive are, you open yourself to unnecessary disputes which weakens the institution you represent. No man can and should be bigger than the seat he occupies.
Re: Should Saraki Resign Over Forgery And False Asset Declaration Cases? by playtheblues(f): 4:06pm On Jun 29, 2016
I think BUHARI should RESIGN for not producing his WAEC Certificate.

2 Likes

Re: Should Saraki Resign Over Forgery And False Asset Declaration Cases? by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jun 29, 2016
Today June 29, I don't think Saraki should resign. There is no trust by large sections of the civil-society, the media and the legislature in the executive. The prosecutions are getting messy!
Re: Should Saraki Resign Over Forgery And False Asset Declaration Cases? by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jun 29, 2016
nduchucks:
Is there any sane person who saw how Saraki disgraced Buhari and APC right after winning the Presidential election, who actually believes that Saraki was elected in a democratic and lawful matter, free of deceit and treachery?

Saraki should put the country and his family first by resigning. He is counting on the public outrage which could ensue if he is sent to prison. The good news is that everyone knows that his prison sentence would be just.

Saraki is no Awolowo, Ojukwu, or other prominent political prisoners. Saraki is a common thief.
Well you may be right that Saraki despised party supremacy and can not rightly expect the party to come to his support, but can this party not move on and do something else.

2 Likes

Re: Should Saraki Resign Over Forgery And False Asset Declaration Cases? by legendte(m): 4:11pm On Jun 29, 2016
abdyak27:
to me, I think he should. issues as big as this does not even hapn in other countries, u will see Ppl stepping down... if he resign nw, better 4him b4 d court hit him wit a bigger offense.
Then the president should resign also for not having SSCE result.
What happens in the Senate stays in the Senate.
For first charge yes but for this second one, no no no. ......It is a sheer political witch hunt

3 Likes

Re: Should Saraki Resign Over Forgery And False Asset Declaration Cases? by gare(f): 4:12pm On Jun 29, 2016
midolian:

http://punchng.com/alleged-forgeryfalse-asset-declaration-cases-saraki-resign/

Over to the
Activists and patriots on this forum.. should Saraki resign?

Punch newspapers thank you very much for your polls on Saraki and his deputy, if they should resign over the alleged forgery allegations against them, you have seen the result, majority are calling for their resignation.

Now pls kindly do another asking these same people and more if PMB should resign because he has a case in court bothering on no WAEC certificate, if you don't do it then you guys are the biggest hypocrites I have seen.

6 Likes

Re: Should Saraki Resign Over Forgery And False Asset Declaration Cases? by legendte(m): 4:14pm On Jun 29, 2016
dancewith:
In a normal situation the honorable thing here is for the SP and DSP to resign. But this trial is anything but normal. Saraki would be well aware the intentions of those behind the trial is to achieve his removal, whichever way that comes. In this regard his resignation would be a victory for those bent on ousting him from power, for whatever ill they feel he committed against them

This in mind, I do not see him willingly resigning. He knows, just like everyone else do, that the executive is orchestrating this plot and his political life depends on how he survives this. Winners are not quitters, quitters never win, comes to mind in a case like this

This also reminds me of the celebrated case between Atiku and the then president OBJ. Atiku was put on a moral bind and similarly asked to resign, for the integrity of the VP's office. He knew it was not about doing what is morally right (a situation that would have made him an eternally laughing stock) but a political fight, to the death, where fangs are bared and no prisoners taken. All is fair and just in war. He fought to the end and emerged a stronger foe. History would record this as a strength, rather than a weakness of morality

Saraki may be anything we despise and don't like but when the executive descends into a bowl of unsalacious grapes, and scraps around to bind and silence an important institution that is meant to check their own abuses, at least in theory, the society and justice should be on notice and wary. Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely

I couldn't have said it better. What a submission!!!

2 Likes

Re: Should Saraki Resign Over Forgery And False Asset Declaration Cases? by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jun 29, 2016
I pity the future generation of this country because the so called leaders of tomorrow are children of hate, corruption, lies, ethnicity, political puns whose present and future ambition is questionable.
Re: Should Saraki Resign Over Forgery And False Asset Declaration Cases? by tammie24: 4:14pm On Jun 29, 2016
If Buhari can forge waec certificate Why can't Saraki?

2 Likes

Re: Should Saraki Resign Over Forgery And False Asset Declaration Cases? by PublicAssurance: 4:15pm On Jun 29, 2016
[size=18pt]Saraki is a rich kid, spoiled brat criminal, who will rot in jail! But i do not think he should resign until he is found guilty. I also do not trust the Nigerian judiciary system!...I only trust my fellow Nairalanders!!![/size]
Re: Should Saraki Resign Over Forgery And False Asset Declaration Cases? by Ojiofor: 4:16pm On Jun 29, 2016
The question should rather be,when will Buhari resign and be sent to jail for committing perjury and forgery?

3 Likes

Re: Should Saraki Resign Over Forgery And False Asset Declaration Cases? by dekaz(m): 4:17pm On Jun 29, 2016
HungerBAD:
He is his Father's son.

Should he resign?yes.

Will he?no.

What should happen to him?exactly what happened to his father when he was the Senate President,impeached.
OLODO, when was SARAKI father the senate president of nigeria?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria Secret Police Details Leaked!!! / Governor Amaechi Calls For Ngf Meeting / ENUGU KILLINGS; Charity Begins At Home Not Only In Chibok. Reno Omokri. Picture.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.