Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,237 members, 7,957,561 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 02:41 PM

Should Saraki Resign Over Forgery And False Asset Declaration Cases? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should Saraki Resign Over Forgery And False Asset Declaration Cases? (19506 Views)

Nigerians React After CCT Clears Saraki Of False Asset Declaration Charges / Saraki At The Code Of Conduct Tribunal For False Asset Declaration (photos) / Uche Ogah Arraigned For Forgery And Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Saraki Resign Over Forgery And False Asset Declaration Cases? by Thobiy(m): 5:53pm On Jun 29, 2016
abdyak27:
to me, I think he should. issues as big as this does not even hapn in other countries, u will see Ppl stepping down... if he resign nw, better 4him b4 d court hit him wit a bigger offense.
Naso
Re: Should Saraki Resign Over Forgery And False Asset Declaration Cases? by shugaboy6102(m): 5:57pm On Jun 29, 2016
eleko1:
See D Ipod CHUKS NWACHUKWU supporting criminal sad .Pipu like him see nothing wrong in SAraki Saga sad . Chai sad Ego Nwa Ego ooo embarassed . The Thieves(Saraki nd "Keke-MAlu" shud resign angry undecided
for the love of God what do you gain by bringing tribal sentiments into this issue.didn't you see wahab shittu or you just decided to be like this.......
Re: Should Saraki Resign Over Forgery And False Asset Declaration Cases? by july66: 6:00pm On Jun 29, 2016
In the public service, you stay away from work as soon as you are charged to court for an offence committed in the course of your duties. That is the standard as stated in the extant rules. I think the senators have to put sentiments aside and show good leadership examples for others to emulate.
Re: Should Saraki Resign Over Forgery And False Asset Declaration Cases? by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jun 29, 2016
Anabel:
This is tantamount to accusing directors of a company of forging the memorandum and article of the company. If a company, at a general meeting, says this is our article, so be it. It does not matter if one or two members say they don’t agree with the Standing Orders. This is a case where the Senate has absolute supremacy. Prosecuting the leader of the Senate is like prosecuting the entire Senate; there is no supervisory body over its activities and whatever happens at the Senate. It is a matter in which the Senate is supreme. Can anybody say no to whatever the Senate calls its Standing Orders.

===== first of all Bros chucks. The Senate is not anyone's father's company. It's the power house of a nation so yes, when things look wrong or feel wrong. Questions should be asked. They were elected to those positions. It's not an inheritance =====
That Chuks of a person interviewed is a big disgrace to public opinion. See how he disgraced himself by saying that Directors of a company can alter the articles and memorandum of association of a company without the members(shareholders) doing anything. Altering this legal document (article and memorandum) without the consent of Corporate Affairs Commission and members is null and void. It's like changing the object clause of the company. Which in turn makes the business activities involved by this company ultra vires.
The constitution of a company can only be changed through a resolution of members and must be submitted to CAC for approval.

His opinion is clouded with sentiments and bias and hatred for the present government. It still beats my imagination why my Igbo brothers will support everything anti-Buhari just because of hate. This is really sickening.

1 Like

Re: Should Saraki Resign Over Forgery And False Asset Declaration Cases? by jnrcess(m): 6:05pm On Jun 29, 2016
Naija my country, when Gej was ruling,Osun state governor, El Rufai,Buhari etc took it upon dia selves to mock his leadership and personality. What do we have now? You are asking us to answer yes or no, did'nt you attend pri. Sch? Executive,legislature and judiciary. Don't u knw dia boundaries? Why wil d executive interfare in a matter that should b handled by the senate? If they found a forging,they have d power to impeach him. The way democracy is going,my fear is what democracy wil look like to the next president. If buhari is d 1 ruling,then dis is nt democracy.

1 Like

Re: Should Saraki Resign Over Forgery And False Asset Declaration Cases? by olamide215: 6:22pm On Jun 29, 2016
kcnwaigbo:

Hypocrite!!! Go and ask your certificateless president to resign and not a man who has an MBBS degree!!

My question is does a person has the heart to do right by the virtue of the degree he or she possess. It amazes me how some people reason shocked
Re: Should Saraki Resign Over Forgery And False Asset Declaration Cases? by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jun 29, 2016
jnrcess:
Naija my country, when Gej was ruling,Osun state governor, El Rufai,Buhari etc took it upon dia selves to mock his leadership and personality. What do we have now? You are asking us to answer yes or no, did'nt you attend pri. Sch? Executive,legislature and judiciary. Don't u knw dia boundaries? Why wil d executive interfare in a matter that should b handled by the senate? If they found a forging,they have d power to impeach him. The way democracy is going,my fear is what democracy wil look like to the next president. If buhari is d 1 ruling,then dis is nt democracy.
What boundary are you talking about? Is it Buhari that took Saraki to court? Saraki was taken to court by Lawan the other contestant to that position of Senate president. If he's guilty he should be sent to jail as stipulated by the law. What he did is like altering the Constitution of Nigeria to suit himself. You should liken this to a company were its memorandum and article of association states its nature of business its do's and dont's. Now some of the Directors went to change its constitution just to transact an illegal business without the members knowing. Do you expect such Directors to remain in position of authority?
Re: Should Saraki Resign Over Forgery And False Asset Declaration Cases? by wwhale(m): 6:28pm On Jun 29, 2016
make it big time.in this farming period

Re: Should Saraki Resign Over Forgery And False Asset Declaration Cases? by wwhale(m): 6:35pm On Jun 29, 2016
make it big time in this farming season

1 Like

Re: Should Saraki Resign Over Forgery And False Asset Declaration Cases? by Ovamboland(m): 6:47pm On Jun 29, 2016
jlinkd78:
No. While it is important that anti corruption fight must be vigorously pursued, this must not be at d expense of an obvious vindictive and non-egalitarian mindset. The seemingly near no love lost BTW d Presidency and d Natnl Assembly is d beauty of democracy as both organs would have some degree of mutual suspicion and be more careful in orchestrating economic sabotage against d citizenry and ensure better oversight of awarded contracts. With particular reference to Saraki, d govt has not been able to defuse d widely held view that they have superimposed persecution in d place of prosecution. The govt is even worsening their case in exiting Saraki by now pressing charges of forgery alongside Ekweremadu, a situation which will congregate d 5%ers to Saraki. Ekweremadu being a Constitutional Lawyer was d stabilizing force behind David Mark and is a guru with 'anti-banana-peel' formulae. This Saraki knows very well. Only d Natnl Assembly members can sue for forgery of their working documents and never d Executive as we believe in separation of powers. Saraki is a thief, I believe; but I honestly believe it is better he remains d SP than d FG & Apc foisting a stooge and pliable figurehead on us who will always dance to d medieval tune of d tyrannical Buhari. If u know what Saraki's headship is blocking d FG against you then u ll pray their scheme never succeed. PMB on assumption made us believe he wasn't interested in who heads d Natnl Assembly so why d sudden interest?

What manner of man will go behind his colleagues to cut deals with their opponents and then turn around to ask for sleeping dogs to lie? Saraki already went for broke when he sidelined his party members to go participate in elections on the floor of the house. He lacked the spirit of sportsmanship or enough candour to face his main contender for the office and yet expected to reign as president in peace. Most people who want him to remain on the sit is not because they expect any benefits for the country from his leading the senate but that he will be a spite on the face of the ruling party. Many are more than willing to cut their nose to spite their face. Ask then for the benefits they expect from a Saraki senate presidency and they will draw a blank.
Re: Should Saraki Resign Over Forgery And False Asset Declaration Cases? by Ovamboland(m): 6:50pm On Jun 29, 2016
MsGlobalwonder:
Is he guilty? Has he be proven guilty by a competent court? Or we should just assume he is guilty? undecided

What is the Prime Minister of UK guilty of to have announced his resignation after the Brexit vote? Did we miss a step in the human evolutionary process. Does anything like reputation, honour, integrity mean anything to an African? Do we have any emotions that originates from anywhere outside our stomach?
Re: Should Saraki Resign Over Forgery And False Asset Declaration Cases? by taiwoadekola(m): 7:01pm On Jun 29, 2016
Should Saraki resign? No Saraki should not resign let the senate impeach him at least that was the norm between 1999-2007

1 Like

Re: Should Saraki Resign Over Forgery And False Asset Declaration Cases? by MsGlobalwonder(f): 7:05pm On Jun 29, 2016
Ovamboland:

What is the Prime Minister of UK guilty of to have announced his resignation after the Brexit vote? Did we miss a step in the human evolutionary process. Does anything like reputation, honour, integrity mean anything to an African? Do we have any emotions that originates from anywhere outside our stomach?
you mix emotion with logic... you are getting too emotional. Who hurt you? Can't you just answer my questions without trying too hard to senselessly compare what ought not? So, you are comparing David cameron's resignation to Saraki's trial? Is that truly all you can comprehend? A better comparison would have been with Buhari because his education is questionable and in a competent court. If he is truly uneducated as evidences point out, then he is not qualified to govern Nigeria. But the nepotism,partisanship and hypocrisy in you won't let you see it. You will rather crucify an accused person without being fully declared a criminal. Abeg shift with your sorry tale.. KMT!! undecided

1 Like

Re: Should Saraki Resign Over Forgery And False Asset Declaration Cases? by Famsey: 7:18pm On Jun 29, 2016
luvinhubby:
Should Buhari resign because he is facing trial for not possessing a WAEC certificate which disqualified him from contesting for the presidency?

For what?? Is he not d president now?? Are you telling me INEC don't know there work when they allowed him to contest initially? Its a by gone... Unless proven to b a fake one.

Now on d matter, it doesn't make sense for the SP to be forced to resign, it should b voluntary. But I doubt if any Nigerian politician can think like David Cameron

#respectandintegrity
Re: Should Saraki Resign Over Forgery And False Asset Declaration Cases? by jude90(m): 7:37pm On Jun 29, 2016
Buhari should resign for forged certificate

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should Saraki Resign Over Forgery And False Asset Declaration Cases? by Zieristclair(m): 8:04pm On Jun 29, 2016
jlinkd78:
No. While it is important that anti corruption fight must be vigorously pursued, this must not be at d expense of an obvious vindictive and non-egalitarian mindset. The seemingly near no love lost BTW d Presidency and d Natnl Assembly is d beauty of democracy as both organs would have some degree of mutual suspicion and be more careful in orchestrating economic sabotage against d citizenry and ensure better oversight of awarded contracts. With particular reference to Saraki, d govt has not been able to defuse d widely held view that they have superimposed persecution in d place of prosecution. The govt is even worsening their case in exiting Saraki by now pressing charges of forgery alongside Ekweremadu, a situation which will congregate d 5%ers to Saraki. Ekweremadu being a Constitutional Lawyer was d stabilizing force behind David Mark and is a guru with 'anti-banana-peel' formulae. This Saraki knows very well. Only d Natnl Assembly members can sue for forgery of their working documents and never d Executive as we believe in separation of powers. Saraki is a thief, I believe; but I honestly believe it is better he remains d SP than d FG & Apc foisting a stooge and pliable figurehead on us who will always dance to d medieval tune of d tyrannical Buhari. If u know what Saraki's headship is blocking d FG against you then u ll pray their scheme never succeed. PMB on assumption made us believe he wasn't interested in who heads d Natnl Assembly so why d sudden interest?
What pro-people bills have Saraki sponsored and what makes you think the presidency will not show interest in the national assembly when it was people like Saraki that plundered our resources with allocations to themselves that didnt reflect the true state of the economy?the budget padding fracas,who caused it?the president,or people like saraki?abeg get sense,it's cheap.
Re: Should Saraki Resign Over Forgery And False Asset Declaration Cases? by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jun 29, 2016
jlinkd78:
No. . If u know what Saraki's headship is blocking d FG against you then u ll pray their scheme never succeed. PMB on assumption made us believe he wasn't interested in who heads d Natnl Assembly so why d sudden interest?

seems u r closer to this pple,,asides d increased fuel price,,harsh economy,,crumblin electricity dat saraki culd nt block,,pls wat other tins PMB wan do to citizens wu go abt there lawful business in nigeria,saraki is blockin? U made sense tho
Re: Should Saraki Resign Over Forgery And False Asset Declaration Cases? by Olatrent: 9:49pm On Jun 29, 2016
Saraki should resign! He is toying with an exalted position. I don't know how some people think....
Re: Should Saraki Resign Over Forgery And False Asset Declaration Cases? by abike12(f): 10:00pm On Jun 29, 2016
He really should, but I won't hold my breath
Re: Should Saraki Resign Over Forgery And False Asset Declaration Cases? by nigerianvenom(m): 10:01pm On Jun 29, 2016
Abeymills:
Y should he resign over wat?if burantishi d snake shammer inspite of vivid fact of his corrupt case if bubuhari can not resign over his incompetency n cluelessness then saraki has no reason to do so

Despite not bin able to produced his certificate, he has failed to resign. Buhari should first resign before any one

2 Likes

Re: Should Saraki Resign Over Forgery And False Asset Declaration Cases? by rhainbow: 10:12pm On Jun 29, 2016
If saraki should resign, then president Buhari should also tender his own resignation later since both of them are facing same forgery case...

1 Like

Re: Should Saraki Resign Over Forgery And False Asset Declaration Cases? by nkemjacob2(m): 10:45pm On Jun 29, 2016
una no no say power swit. for naija politicians are d wiked set of people wey we get... let him eat d seat
Re: Should Saraki Resign Over Forgery And False Asset Declaration Cases? by GoodMuyis(m): 10:57pm On Jun 29, 2016
jlinkd78:
PMB on assumption made us believe he wasn't interested in who heads d Natnl Assembly so why d sudden interest?

Your answer is simple.

1) Saraki lead the Palace Coup that make him the SP
2) Under Saraki's NASS member were sabotaging budget.
3) Even when the budget was faulty, saraki still want Buhari to sign it.

Dont you know? If you have your man as SP, you the president will sleep with both eye closed
Re: Should Saraki Resign Over Forgery And False Asset Declaration Cases? by nairalandankrah: 11:12pm On Jun 29, 2016
midolian:

http://punchng.com/alleged-forgeryfalse-asset-declaration-cases-saraki-resign/

Over to the
Activists and patriots on this forum.. should Saraki resign?
Should Buhari Resign For Forgery And Fake Certificate Declaration Cases??

1 Like

Re: Should Saraki Resign Over Forgery And False Asset Declaration Cases? by decomaniaboss(f): 11:39pm On Jun 29, 2016
I have no love for the man ,but I say ,saraki will resign after sherriffao shot himself on the head or heart anyone he chooses, grin grin grin ...and am saying nothing will happen to the senate president ,they never born them well,sir saraki is there to stay ...i ,pdp,and all the babalao from India,Benin republic,and Benin Edo ,and of cause the land of risen sun say so !!!and so shall it be grin grin grin ,tinubu ,sheriifao and his zombies didn't see this one coming,,agun no fit try us grin grin

1 Like

Re: Should Saraki Resign Over Forgery And False Asset Declaration Cases? by mikolo80: 1:07am On Jun 30, 2016
jlinkd78:
No. While it is important that anti corruption fight must be vigorously pursued, this must not be at d expense of an obvious vindictive and non-egalitarian mindset. why lose election when you know you will be probed The seemingly near no love lost BTW d Presidency and d Natnl Assembly is d beauty of democracy as both organs would have some degree of mutual suspicion and be more careful in orchestrating economic sabotage against d citizenry and ensure better oversight of awarded contrprobed

how many of this big big grammar you see take place under pdp [/b]With particular reference to Saraki, d govt has not been able to defuse d widely held view that they have superimposed persecution in d place of prosecution.
[b] they don't need to
He's a thief plain and simple

The govt is even worsening their case in exiting Saraki by now pressing charges of forgery alongside Ekweremadu, a situation which will congregate d 5%ers to Saraki. Ekweremadu being a Constitutional Lawyer was d stabilizing force behind David Mark and is a guru with 'anti-banana-peel' formulae. This Saraki knows very well. Only d Natnl Assembly members can sue for forgery
forgery is a crime against the state
Not Nass
Stop making up laws
If you like go forge signature for bank say make bank only hold you

of their working documents and never d Executive as we believe in separation of powers. Saraki is a thief, I believe; but I honestly believe it is better he remains d SP than d FG & Apc foisting a stooge
until men and women of integrity fight and win elections on merit stooges will continue to reign unopposed
and pliable figurehead on us who will always dance to d medieval tune of d tyrannical Buhari.
obj was a saint ba
Gej was not a tyrant Abi

If u know what Saraki's headship is blocking d FG against you then u ll pray their scheme never succeed.
tell the truth you're an ilorin boy
Which mumu block is the idiots big head blocking

PMB on assumption made us believe he wasn't interested in who heads d Natnl Assembly so why d sudden interest?
it's called disloyalty and anti party activities
Do you see anybody disturbing Dogara
Re: Should Saraki Resign Over Forgery And False Asset Declaration Cases? by jlinkd78(m): 4:22am On Jun 30, 2016
OYAY:

In as much as I aligned with your intent of functionality of separation of power in democratic setting,it is also germane that he who wants to go into equity must go with clean hand; therefore this crop of 8th senate can not play proper oversight function because the course of the masses is not even in their mind considering how they padded the budget with selfish interest and purchasing of Landcruisher jeep against public outcry at inflated price of 20m difference (market value17m to 37m) disqualifies them of putting any other organ of nigeria government on her toes.
Also it is a fact that there was a petition from members of senate intimating police that there was alteration in senate standing rules which police acted upon before involving the executive hence it is not the executive that did aproko on anomally in the senate. Get your facts right!
U are turning logic upside down. Even just few days ago d Senate still reconfirmed their vote of confidence on Saraki leadership. For d Executive to ever have their way, they must achieve it thru influencing d mbrs to impeach Saraki. Knowing fully well that this option could naturally transmute d DSP, an opposition, to d SP then this macabre dance. Another point is DAT Ekweremadu informed all just few days ago that d Police never invited him for interrogation or questioning so how did d Police arrive at d conclusion DAT d matter is justiciable?. What is stopping d aggrieved Senators from going to court in their individual capacity?. If u go thru my writeup on this u will see I quite agree that Saraki is a big thief just like all others but asking him to resign when d President who is accused of a bigger forgery of academic credentials is also in court with over 13 hired SANs instead of just presenting d certificate is hypocrisy taken too far.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should Saraki Resign Over Forgery And False Asset Declaration Cases? by tomquest: 5:00am On Jun 30, 2016
Corruption is our culture however queer that sounds, and our legal system is arranged in a way that money and influence determine the direction to which the pendulum of justice swings. What this portends is that 99 percent of politicians would consider resignation for any reason foolish.

So why are we debating the impossible? Would your opinion make Saraki resign? Certainly not. Rather than argue whether a politician should resign or not, we should rather ensure that we vote in credible people during election.
Re: Should Saraki Resign Over Forgery And False Asset Declaration Cases? by networkrecharg: 6:00am On Jun 30, 2016
midolian:

http://punchng.com/alleged-forgeryfalse-asset-declaration-cases-saraki-resign/

Over to the
Activists and patriots on this forum.. should Saraki resign?

If saraki resigns ... To be he gives another good Nigerian the opportunity to show working...
The next person my do better. I wish they cut their pay and allanwances....
Re: Should Saraki Resign Over Forgery And False Asset Declaration Cases? by October1960: 6:04am On Jun 30, 2016
This is Nigeria a lawless land.

Most of the rulers and top government officials for the past 30 years are crooks.

Due to rampant stealing for 30 years no good road network, no good public schools, no good hospitals, no electricity, etc fiil in the blanks

It's a big mess. Saraki in office shows the present government is not yet serious to fight corruption.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should Saraki Resign Over Forgery And False Asset Declaration Cases? by Nobody: 11:14am On Jun 30, 2016
nduchucks:

Sir, in addition to "despising" party supremacy, and more importantly, he is alleged to have committed forgery in the process. He is not above the law and should be given the opportunity to defend himself. He can save himself, family, and the country, a lot of embarrassment and ridicule, if he resigns now.
You know the usual African sit-tight mentality, our leaders don't normally step aside like that...

1 Like

Re: Should Saraki Resign Over Forgery And False Asset Declaration Cases? by networkrecharg: 1:59pm On Jul 03, 2016
midolian:
what's your reason if I may ask?

Please let him resign for others to learn ....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Onnoghen, Adeleke And Tales Of Man’s Inhumanity To Man By Dele Momodu / Nigerian Customs To Start Charging VAT On Diesel Imports / There Is A ‘plot To Remove Saraki, Dogara Violently’: CUPP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.