Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:15 AM

Lagos Releases Official Statement On How KAI Officials Chase Hawker To Death - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Releases Official Statement On How KAI Officials Chase Hawker To Death (25056 Views)

Albert Obazee Turns Racist Asking An Igbo Hawker To Go To His State / British Government Releases Official Statement On Ibori's Deportation / KAI Officials & Soldiers Clash In Ojuelegba, Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Releases Official Statement On How KAI Officials Chase Hawker To Death by Luckymay(f): 7:54am On Jun 30, 2016
Justdulla:

ok lemme talk...so u talking bout other feasible option.. What happened to craftsmanship,learning a trade,skilled and unskilled labour. These are all subseta of the white collar job. If that same kid was a mechanic or vulcanizer or prolly a car wash attendant. Kai officers wont be running after him .There is a law in the land and he broke it,if what he was doing was right,he wouldnt have scampered like he dis,he put his life at risk because he knew what he was doing was wrong. An unfortunate occurence took place and this should serve as a lesson to other law breakers. We cant say we want Nigeria to change and we are not ready to change afterall we are the same Nigerians and change is expected of Everyone... We always blame our leaders for being corrupt but we are far more corrupt than they are. The common man is the major problem of Nigeria, The common man marries a wife in the case of the North 2 or 3 wifes,he copulates and gives birth to tens of offspring,he creates poverty in his household and now spreads it to his environment. Are you telling me you will see Tinubus or Buharis kids hawking gala? answer is NO. The common man basterdized the freedom in Nigeria to commit unspeakable acts he litters his environment with dirt,downpour occurs there is a flood he blames the government. He erects a structure under a high tension,Govt pulls it down he screams wickedness. Everything in Nigeria we blame the government,when are we gona start to blame our own selves for some of our careless attitude towards urgent matters? Such kid would have been in the Village farming or doing menial labour,but know he was in the city and the city killed him. Nigerians have this mentality of making it big in the city whereas there is nothing really big in the city. Government cant cater and be responsible for all our needs,its high time we accept the blame for some of our misdeed. You may see me as cold hearted,but trust me am not,am a common man,but i reason objectively,i obey the laws of the land and respect people. I have a believe that if you do or say no wrong,you would be secure from harms way to an extent. I dont blame the KAI officials,neither do I blame the poor kid that died.But simple truth is that a misadventure occured and we shouldnt be sentimental about it.. Left for me its the Animals that started destroying public properties that should be held accounatble for disturbing public peace and causing anarchy. Thank u
Thanks bro. You said it all.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Releases Official Statement On How KAI Officials Chase Hawker To Death by Nobody: 7:54am On Jun 30, 2016
Such a dumb & hearless govt!
Re: Lagos Releases Official Statement On How KAI Officials Chase Hawker To Death by izzou(m): 7:55am On Jun 30, 2016
cekhoe:
punch line cheesy

Lol

No start abeg oh

I just had to tell him how i felt

Hows you anyway?
Re: Lagos Releases Official Statement On How KAI Officials Chase Hawker To Death by Oba1ni(m): 7:56am On Jun 30, 2016
Make unna kontunu...........

1 Like

Re: Lagos Releases Official Statement On How KAI Officials Chase Hawker To Death by Topestbilly(m): 7:56am On Jun 30, 2016
princeofpeace22:
Wetin dey this Lagos sef angry , Calabar is so peaceful cool

Comma hav a taste, u will only pay Calabar a visit once in every 5 Christmas cheesy
Re: Lagos Releases Official Statement On How KAI Officials Chase Hawker To Death by Nobody: 7:57am On Jun 30, 2016
izzou:

Lol

No start abeg oh

I just had to tell him how i felt

Hows you anyway?
am good o,people with his kind of attitude is why I coined my signature
Re: Lagos Releases Official Statement On How KAI Officials Chase Hawker To Death by Nobody: 7:57am On Jun 30, 2016
Justdulla:

ok lemme talk...so u talking bout other feasible option.. What happened to craftsmanship,learning a trade,skilled and unskilled labour. These are all subseta of the white collar job. If that same kid was a mechanic or vulcanizer or prolly a car wash attendant. Kai officers wont be running after him .There is a law in the land and he broke it,if what he was doing was right,he wouldnt have scampered like he dis,he put his life at risk because he knew what he was doing was wrong. An unfortunate occurence took place and this should serve as a lesson to other law breakers. We cant say we want Nigeria to change and we are not ready to change afterall we are the same Nigerians and change is expected of Everyone... We always blame our leaders for being corrupt but we are far more corrupt than they are. The common man is the major problem of Nigeria, The common man marries a wife in the case of the North 2 or 3 wifes,he copulates and gives birth to tens of offspring,he creates poverty in his household and now spreads it to his environment. Are you telling me you will see Tinubus or Buharis kids hawking gala? answer is NO. The common man basterdized the freedom in Nigeria to commit unspeakable acts he litters his environment with dirt,downpour occurs there is a flood he blames the government. He erects a structure under a high tension,Govt pulls it down he screams wickedness. Everything in Nigeria we blame the government,when are we gona start to blame our own selves for some of our careless attitude towards urgent matters? Such kid would have been in the Village farming or doing menial labour,but know he was in the city and the city killed him. Nigerians have this mentality of making it big in the city whereas there is nothing really big in the city. Government cant cater and be responsible for all our needs,its high time we accept the blame for some of our misdeed. You may see me as cold hearted,but trust me am not,am a common man,but i reason objectively,i obey the laws of the land and respect people. I have a believe that if you do or say no wrong,you would be secure from harms way to an extent. I dont blame the KAI officials,neither do I blame the poor kid that died.But simple truth is that a misadventure occured and we shouldnt be sentimental about it.. Left for me its the Animals that started destroying public properties that should be held accounatble for disturbing public peace and causing anarchy. Thank u
1. Let's not forget our dapper window shiner is also a street hawker, he was celebrated internationally right?

2. It's the touts at fadeyi and palmgroove that destroyed the buses the hawkers had all ran away from KAI.

3. You can always raise sound points without being derogatory by using terms like "animals"

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Releases Official Statement On How KAI Officials Chase Hawker To Death by Omoluabi16(m): 7:58am On Jun 30, 2016
Wicked people..criminals who sit in high places and oppress the poor. I see street hawking as a last resort of survival,most of them are uneducated and are doing a honest work to make a living.Is it not better than armed robbery?? This same Lagos government have turned a blind eye to Agberos and the menace they cause every now and then.Because agbero dey deliver money to them. Poor hawker died, not a thing about the irresponsible KAI officials chasing a man through a highway.How these people even sleep at night is beyond me. #No justice in this world.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Releases Official Statement On How KAI Officials Chase Hawker To Death by Omoluabi16(m): 8:00am On Jun 30, 2016
Justdulla:

Very unreasonable post you made..is the government supposed to provide job for everyone?? or did the government cause the mass influx of citizens to lagos state everyday...What is wrong is wrong,stop spewing thrash online abeg... If you cant reason objectively,then think theoritically.
And what of the Agbero's? Okay na honest work too
Re: Lagos Releases Official Statement On How KAI Officials Chase Hawker To Death by izzou(m): 8:02am On Jun 30, 2016
cekhoe:
am good o,people with his kind of attitude is why I coined my signature

Abeg leave those bigots abeg

He tried to survive and deserves to die because he broke the law

The Area boys on the streets extorting people and bus drivers nko?

Those ones no break law
Re: Lagos Releases Official Statement On How KAI Officials Chase Hawker To Death by Edunwa302(m): 8:07am On Jun 30, 2016
I am tired of this country the government didn't even show any remorse on the death of the young boy
Human death in this country is no big deal anymore........ God help us

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Releases Official Statement On How KAI Officials Chase Hawker To Death by seyiojomu(m): 8:08am On Jun 30, 2016
I am with you jare. you dey make sense

willyo:

Must everybody run on a white collar job? I think 'No' is a befitting answer.
Is there a constitutional decree that restricts movements within states? 'No' I think is the right answer.
Since Govt. Cannot provide job for all, the all should provide means for themselves...
The resolute answer to them is hawking.
Think about our economic downstride... Would u fold ur hands and urself and family members die? U cld say 'Yes'... To me, 'No'.
Should they had used robbery and other social vices as a means to an end? I decline in strong terms...
Maybe u cld tell me sth else... Willing to listen

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Releases Official Statement On How KAI Officials Chase Hawker To Death by Ashmark(m): 8:11am On Jun 30, 2016
willyo:

Is there a constitutional decree that restricts movements within states? 'No' I think is the right answer.
Since Govt. Cannot provide job for all, the all should provide means for themselves...
Think about our economic downstride... Would u fold ur hands and urself and family members die? U cld say 'Yes'... To me, 'No'.
Should they had used robbery and other social vices as a means to an end? I decline in strong terms...

If you cant reason objectively,then think theoritically.

How many times do you want the guy to tell you this?

You said "" Since Govt. Cannot provide job for all, the all should provide means for themselves... The resolute answer to them is hawking""......Didn't you read the part when they said they should not hawk in the Metropolis. If you want to hawk go to Sango and other interior part of Lagos and hawk.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Releases Official Statement On How KAI Officials Chase Hawker To Death by jobdone: 8:12am On Jun 30, 2016
Justdulla:

Very unreasonable post you made..is the government supposed to provide job for everyone?? or did the government cause the mass influx of citizens to lagos state everyday...What is wrong is wrong,stop spewing thrash online abeg... If you cant reason objectively,then think theoritically.

Please read his post very well and judge which post is unreasonable.
Op said CREATE job then you are saying PROVIDE job
Re: Lagos Releases Official Statement On How KAI Officials Chase Hawker To Death by omocalabar(m): 8:13am On Jun 30, 2016
blah, blah blah!!!...lets stop mincing words.....its obvious the deceased and the other hawkers are not frm the west....i hav seen KAI in action.., when a non-westerner is arrested, his/her goods are distroyed or eaten immediately but if a westerner is arrested, they keep theirs in the van pending when the owner comes wit the ''iya olojas'' (mother to them agberos) to beg....thats what u get for putting uniforms on uncivilized agberos......Not even an apology or condolense to the family of the deceased
Re: Lagos Releases Official Statement On How KAI Officials Chase Hawker To Death by yeyeboi(m): 8:13am On Jun 30, 2016
Justdulla:

Jezuz kriest of nigeria e be like sey na u holy pass o abeg bros I need money for food I never chop. embarassed sad

1 Like

Re: Lagos Releases Official Statement On How KAI Officials Chase Hawker To Death by Ashmark(m): 8:14am On Jun 30, 2016
Uchihaitaci:

1. Let's not forget our dapper window shiner is also a street hawker, he was celebrated internationally right?

2. It's the touts at fadeyi and palmgroove that destroyed the buses the hawkers had all ran away from KAI.

3. You can always raise sound points without being derogatory by using terms like "animals"

And you think that dapper window shiner was not framed up. I pass through the route where the guy was seen and I have never seen him before not until when the news broke out.
Re: Lagos Releases Official Statement On How KAI Officials Chase Hawker To Death by Eleniyan15: 8:14am On Jun 30, 2016
Justdulla:

nice one
I smell a social scientist

most NL members are not objective whenever things got to do with government happen

1 Like

Re: Lagos Releases Official Statement On How KAI Officials Chase Hawker To Death by aimuan(m): 8:18am On Jun 30, 2016
Justdulla:

after learning the trade will u give them money to establish?pls stop spelling rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Releases Official Statement On How KAI Officials Chase Hawker To Death by UuzbaGuuzba: 8:20am On Jun 30, 2016
Justdulla:

ok lemme talk...so u talking bout other feasible option.. What happened to craftsmanship,learning a tr me its the Animals that started destroying public properties that should be held accounatble for disturbing public peace and causing anarchy. Thank u

You see now? This government for years has allowed all forms of importation into Nigeria.

Our Local industries are dead or non existent.

Interest rate from a bank loan in over 25%.

Majority of youth have no jobs.

Lagos remains commercial centre of Nigeria

All youth cone to Lagos. There are no jobs

Youth go into street trading. Govt kills them.
-----
I was very sad that Ambode preferred to purchase imported Ford cars for RRS instead of Innoson.
I see no reason now more than ever why all geoverment vehicles shouldn't be INNOSON vehicles.

Encourage our industries. Stop importation. Youth will have jobs.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Releases Official Statement On How KAI Officials Chase Hawker To Death by Okijajuju1(m): 8:25am On Jun 30, 2016
klassic:
Last time I checked, there no law criminalizing street husstling in Lagos or in Nigeria. You can educate me on this by providing any where in our statute book. Also a crime doesn't become a crime because the public sees it so or because the Governor says so or because some persons are being robbed, it becomes a crime be jade our law book says so and a specified punishment has been provided for by same.

Cc: Klassic

I hope you can now see that there is a law.

And just so you know, the punishment is a Mandatory 5000 Naira fine or 3 Months imprisonment or both.

#iNoBeenKnow is not an excuse under the law.
Re: Lagos Releases Official Statement On How KAI Officials Chase Hawker To Death by Okijajuju1(m): 8:26am On Jun 30, 2016
Justdulla:

Re: Lagos Releases Official Statement On How KAI Officials Chase Hawker To Death by Richydos(m): 8:27am On Jun 30, 2016
Justdulla:

U should have been in jail for not having an upright reasoning... So the ones govt can't provide jobs for should now do wat, when they try to apply for loans from all form of commercial banks even down to d micro-finance banks wt do they get " scary conditions dt can never be met" but instead d so called unavailable loans get dished out to d likes of Bruce family Co Since they can't get soft loans, do u expect em do sit at home n later on crime fetches em mind n they get to face jungle justice or maybe if they are lucky they land themselves in our acclaimed "POLICE IS YOUR FRIEND CELL" guess dt poster only asked a reasonable question wt has d govt put in place to cushion/reduce or even eliminate street trading or hawking.
Even as I am very much against d act of street trading n hawking we must not deny d fact dt these are some means some families get to feed, pay em bills, send em kids to school "THEY JUST CAN'T AFFORD TO BE CRIMINALS I GUESS" YES the govt can't provide jobs for everyone but I believe d govt can reasonable means/mechanism of getting oneself engaged, both d rich n d poor.... N pls don't come spewing dust about some poverty alleviation programmes..... Cox u and I still know d proposed monies/loans still revolves around them them like my naija peeps will say.... R. I. P 2 DT LAD..kindly use ur brain 2 think b4 u talk not talk b4 u think
Re: Lagos Releases Official Statement On How KAI Officials Chase Hawker To Death by friedakara(m): 8:28am On Jun 30, 2016
lagos government is telling big lies. why was he in front of a BRT bus in a BRT line?
Re: Lagos Releases Official Statement On How KAI Officials Chase Hawker To Death by Nobody: 8:32am On Jun 30, 2016
And what will happen to the KAI official that chased the boy? Was he suppose to chase? SMH undecided
Re: Lagos Releases Official Statement On How KAI Officials Chase Hawker To Death by Okijajuju1(m): 8:32am On Jun 30, 2016
willyo:

Uncle,

What about the risk of getting hit by a moving vehicle associated with street/highway trading? Has that thought crossed your mind?

What about the environmental pollution impact?

The fact that criminals masquerade as hawkers to commit crimes in traffic ranging from robbery to snatching purses, etc?

Your comment on armed robbery is just too shallow. So if they are not hawking (which is illegal), the only other means to make a living is Armed Robbery (which is not just illegal but actually a multiple criminal offense). There is not legal job option apart from these two abi? grin grin grin Or you forgot to add 'Begging' as option number three.

Like seriously!! This is the only thing you can think of as an alternative to street hawking?

I give up.. grin grin grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Releases Official Statement On How KAI Officials Chase Hawker To Death by otokx(m): 8:32am On Jun 30, 2016
The government has set the facts straight, Eko ni baje.
Re: Lagos Releases Official Statement On How KAI Officials Chase Hawker To Death by Nobody: 8:36am On Jun 30, 2016
izzou:

Abeg leave those bigots abeg

He tried to survive and deserves to die because he broke the law

The Area boys on the streets extorting people and bus drivers nko?

Those ones no break law

I guess not
Re: Lagos Releases Official Statement On How KAI Officials Chase Hawker To Death by obisky(m): 8:37am On Jun 30, 2016
I saw this coming as at on Tuesday morning when returning from Jibowu yaba. This same Kai guys were engage in fighting with the a hawker at Anthony isale bus stop.
Re: Lagos Releases Official Statement On How KAI Officials Chase Hawker To Death by Nobody: 8:38am On Jun 30, 2016
Justdulla:

Is chasing someone to his death because of street hawking right or wrong?
Re: Lagos Releases Official Statement On How KAI Officials Chase Hawker To Death by ericmor: 8:39am On Jun 30, 2016
willyo:

Thanks a lot for your time and constructive ideas... I really appreciate, But:
So many craftsmen are jobless and don't even have a start-head due to conditions i percieve u wld undstand

The man in question cld even be one of those who may have had a craft or trade but cld meet the requirements for a start due to the nature of our ways of life and the economic situation of this country

Conducive avenues are not being put in place before the total elimination of this struggle to make ends meet from the streets

The rich doesn't even know if it hurts... Feel blessed when u're not in such situations...

Look at your leaders and u wld be disappointed

So on point
Re: Lagos Releases Official Statement On How KAI Officials Chase Hawker To Death by iwatchandlisten(m): 8:42am On Jun 30, 2016
Where is the empathy? Someone died and the statement is only trying to emphasise that "it is not our bus that killed him but a private company truck"...ha! where is our humanity? where is a our empathetic, loving and caring for one another human nature? Yes he's dead and cant be brought back to life, but cant we say sorry to his family? can we feel pained that another life has been wasted? The KAI officer chasing him, didnt he realise the danger he was putting the young man? He was looking for daily bread via a way that has been made illegal by law, yes, but he was searching for daily bread. May the soul of the departed rest in peace.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2019 Polls: Abia Governorship Debate Ends In Chaos, Many Injured / Photos From The Attack By Herdsmen In Adamawa State / Race For CBN Governor Heats Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.