Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,012 members, 7,821,547 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:48 PM

Biafra: Igbo Elders Disown IPOB, Niger Delta Avengers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra: Igbo Elders Disown IPOB, Niger Delta Avengers (1046 Views)

Fulani Herdsmen: Northern Elders Disown Paul Unongo Over Comment On Atiku / U.n Must Proscribe Ipob-niger Delta Youth Says / Biafra: Igbo Assembly Tells Buhari What To Do To Nnamdi Kanu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biafra: Igbo Elders Disown IPOB, Niger Delta Avengers by copley: 7:50am On Jun 30, 2016
The Supreme Council of Elders of Indigenous People Of Biafra has distanced itself from the activities of the Niger Delta Avengers and the Movement for the Actualisation of the Sovereign State of Biafra.

The Deputy Chairman of IPOB’s Supreme Council, Dr. Dozie Ikedife, who made this disclosure at a press conference in Nnewi, Anambra State on Wednesday, said “Preachers of violence might be infants or non-existent during the 30-month Nigerian Civil War.”

The elder statesman was reacting to the claims by some IPOB and MASSOB members that the groups were aligning with the Niger Delta militants as well as other militants in the country.
The IPOB chief said there was no such a thing, adding that he witnessed the Civil War and saw how millions of people, especially from the South-East, were slaughtered and properties destroyed.

The ex-Ohanaeze President said, “The IPOB group I belong to is governed by the Supreme Council of Elders. There is a faction led by Nnamdi Kanu that abuses the elders, preaches violence and ethnic hatred.

“We do not believe in that. The MASSOB led by Ralph Uwazuruike from its inception preaches non-violence based on the philosophy of the late Indian leader, Mahatma Ghandi.

“If the militants have been blowing up pipelines, I don’t see how my group that has been following legal and diplomatic process will align with them. We have quite a different philosophy and modus operandi towards the issue of self-determination.
“The two factions of the IPOB and the two factions of MASSOB are all talking about self-determination of the indigenous people of Biafra. But their approach is not the same.

“The aim may be one but the method differs. We have not and cannot depart from dialogue, legal and diplomatic process and of course you know we are in court with the Federal Government over this issue of self-determination.”

On the prevailing economic hardship in Nigeria, Ikedife said, “It is a worthy sacrifice for the citizen to endure the hard living conditions now and enjoin a better future later.

He added, “I see the current hardship as darkness before the break of the daylight.

“We have now discovered that the economy was so badly managed before now that it requires some efforts, sacrifice and patience to get it right again.”

Read more @http://www.buzorpages.com/2016/06/biafra-igbo-elders-disown-ipob-niger.html
Re: Biafra: Igbo Elders Disown IPOB, Niger Delta Avengers by Nobody: 7:59am On Jun 30, 2016
AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED, THE IGBO NATION HAS NO LEADER!

WHEN IGBOS BEGIN TO UNDERSTAND THE IMPORTANCE OF UNITY IS STRENGTH, WE WOULD MAKE A HEAD WAY!

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Igbo Elders Disown IPOB, Niger Delta Avengers by bonechamberlain(m): 8:00am On Jun 30, 2016
undecided
Re: Biafra: Igbo Elders Disown IPOB, Niger Delta Avengers by bonechamberlain(m): 8:00am On Jun 30, 2016
supreme council of ipob, Igbo elders.
Re: Biafra: Igbo Elders Disown IPOB, Niger Delta Avengers by Bishop4bella(m): 8:12am On Jun 30, 2016
If this is true, I wish Innocent Godwin is reading this.
Re: Biafra: Igbo Elders Disown IPOB, Niger Delta Avengers by copley: 8:20am On Jun 30, 2016
Igbo elders indeed. Wicked set of people

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Igbo Elders Disown IPOB, Niger Delta Avengers by kernel501: 8:22am On Jun 30, 2016
Chosen1984:

WHEN IGBOS BEGIN TO UNDERSTAND THE IMPORTANCE OF UNITY IS STRENGTH, WE WOULD MAKE A HEAD WAY!

You have a leader, yet you have the highest financially insolvent states, lagging behind in education, productivity,innovations,sport etc... Please in which area are you better than to the Igbo nation?

Talk of unity, when did you vote in one voice like the Igbo nation?, Sha you now write Tinubu to help build a challenging West, because Awos legacy is gone, with Osun taking 29th in WACE.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Igbo Elders Disown IPOB, Niger Delta Avengers by cokoduck: 8:26am On Jun 30, 2016
bonechamberlain:
supreme council of ipob, Igbo elders.
Which one come be supreme council if IPOB? hia na wa ohh
Re: Biafra: Igbo Elders Disown IPOB, Niger Delta Avengers by Luckylife(m): 8:50am On Jun 30, 2016
Who no una !
Re: Biafra: Igbo Elders Disown IPOB, Niger Delta Avengers by copley: 8:53am On Jun 30, 2016
Old bunch of thieves in the name of Igbo elders
Re: Biafra: Igbo Elders Disown IPOB, Niger Delta Avengers by joeprince23(m): 8:55am On Jun 30, 2016
My problem is that punch keeps misinforming their unsuspecting readers,this lagos-ibadan express based media house keeps decieving nigerians mostly SW readers. IPOB worldwide is lead by one nnamdi kanu,the deputy directors and other top excos are all in exile(UK), so for one misguided nnewi moneybag(not big bag oh) to say he is IPOB elder is laughable... IPOB elder? Jeez! What is even the meaning of that? I am a rivers man and i know the EZE in my community(PH) will laugh at this,we in rivers only know of nnamdi kanu
Re: Biafra: Igbo Elders Disown IPOB, Niger Delta Avengers by Brooklynsouth(f): 9:11am On Jun 30, 2016
Dear ikedife the self-made leader of ipob pls can you organise a rally in support one nigeria or for your leadership to test your acceptance and popularity ,not in aba ,portharcourt,ogoni,akwaibom,yenegoa,asaba,onitsha,calabar,ogoja but in your home town nnewi and see for yourself what a disgrace you are to the entie biafra-land pls try

3 Likes

Re: Biafra: Igbo Elders Disown IPOB, Niger Delta Avengers by bonechamberlain(m): 9:46am On Jun 30, 2016
cokoduck:
Which one come be supreme council if IPOB? hia na wa ohh
the thing confuse me sef.
Re: Biafra: Igbo Elders Disown IPOB, Niger Delta Avengers by Nobody: 9:53am On Jun 30, 2016
Dozie Ikedife.

These are old wicked sabos we have.

He is a card carrying member of APC.
Re: Biafra: Igbo Elders Disown IPOB, Niger Delta Avengers by jneutron4000: 10:10am On Jun 30, 2016
Very soon we go hear THE SUPER SUPREME COUNCIL OF IPOD grin
Re: Biafra: Igbo Elders Disown IPOB, Niger Delta Avengers by bayulll01(m): 10:15am On Jun 30, 2016
Chosen1984:

Ohh lawd.,..
you just said what was on my mind.
Re: Biafra: Igbo Elders Disown IPOB, Niger Delta Avengers by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jun 30, 2016
WETIN THE KERNEL GUY DEY TALK?? U SABI READ AT ALL??
kernel501:

You have a leader, yet you have the highest financially insolvent states, lagging behind in education, productivity,innovations,sport etc... Please in which area are you better than to the Igbo nation?

Talk of unity, when did you vote in one voice like the Igbo nation?, Sha you now write Tinubu to help build a challenging West, because Awos legacy is gone, with Osun taking 29th in WACE.
Re: Biafra: Igbo Elders Disown IPOB, Niger Delta Avengers by kernel501: 1:59pm On Jun 30, 2016
Chosen1984:
WETIN THE KERNEL GUY DEY TALK?? U SABI READ AT ALL??

I can write only, Mr. Oxford.
Re: Biafra: Igbo Elders Disown IPOB, Niger Delta Avengers by Twistaray(m): 2:02pm On Jun 30, 2016
kernel501:

This is how you people go about spreading and believing in your lies.

Can you prove, with fact the aforementioned?

Mtchew angry
Re: Biafra: Igbo Elders Disown IPOB, Niger Delta Avengers by kernel501: 2:09pm On Jun 30, 2016
Twistaray:

This is how you people go about spreading and believing in your lies.
Can you prove, with fact the aforementioned?
Mtchew angry
http://www.metronaija.com/2015/08/the-7-nigerian-states-with-worst-debt.html
Osun state needs your prayers too.
Re: Biafra: Igbo Elders Disown IPOB, Niger Delta Avengers by mrvitalis(m): 2:11pm On Jun 30, 2016
The question I ask is this what will igbo leaders do differently on Biafra
Re: Biafra: Igbo Elders Disown IPOB, Niger Delta Avengers by Twistaray(m): 2:44pm On Jun 30, 2016
kernel501:

http://www.metronaija.com/2015/08/the-7-nigerian-states-with-worst-debt.html

Osun state needs your prayers too.

And what's got to do with the many in one questions I asked?

Nonesense. This is how you people go about spreading and pulling aba made lies about. grin

(1) (Reply)

PDP Accuses INEC Of Declaring Imo Rerun Inconclusive After Massive Rigging / Is This Possible In Nigeria? Photos / Kano Govt Releases N789 Million For Hajj 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.