Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,551 members, 7,955,053 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:31 PM

States And Number Of Federal Civil Servants - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / States And Number Of Federal Civil Servants (45967 Views)

Uju Rochas-Anwuka Appointed Board Member Of Federal College Of Education, Omoku / ICPC Recovers 40 Cars From Ex-Directors Of Federal Ministry Of Water Resources(p / "Full List Of 2016 Budgets For Nigeria States And Allocated Revenue " (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: States And Number Of Federal Civil Servants by d33types: 12:50pm On Jun 30, 2016
jumobi1:

533 civil servants whose state of origin is FCT. Of course FCT has more than 533 civil servants. I don't even think Imo has a Federal Ministry.

even some federal ministries in delta have more northerners than from the state itself..

same for Abuja..
Re: States And Number Of Federal Civil Servants by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jun 30, 2016
If jigawa has less than 700 stafs on its pay role, hope they pay thier workers in advance.
Re: States And Number Of Federal Civil Servants by Ariani: 12:57pm On Jun 30, 2016
Cleaners are also federal civil servants. It's not about about the number, it's about the posts they are handling and their ranks.

I'm sure that most of the high cadre lucrative posts will be handled by Northerners.
Re: States And Number Of Federal Civil Servants by fairheven: 12:59pm On Jun 30, 2016
scholes0:

So HOW did Imo manage to lead?
Since you all claim their is an active deliberate effort to marginalize every Igbo person.

if I start we won't finish so is better we don't go there..
BTW..who has ruled this country for Nearly half a century, igbo man?
Re: States And Number Of Federal Civil Servants by THEconqueror: 1:03pm On Jun 30, 2016
oduastates:
Add the armed forces( police, military,customs etc).
Then repost.
it will make no difference because all military recruitments are done based on equal number of allocations to every state except for FCT that usually have less. Btw the topic said Federal CIVIL servants. You ware welcome!
Re: States And Number Of Federal Civil Servants by RingimKabir(m): 1:04pm On Jun 30, 2016
I pity and cry for my state, JIGAWA!

We are No. 8 in population but No. 33 in terms of number of Federal Civil Servants. So pathetic!
Re: States And Number Of Federal Civil Servants by fsb(m): 1:05pm On Jun 30, 2016
DeRay98:

My bros, all these Indomie generation no know these thing you write here o. Them go soon call you APC.
Them no know and them no want know, them want go office, sleep, gist and chat till closing time and month end then they collect salary....

My brother they need to know o cos they are tomorrow's leaders and they need all this to steer the Nigerian ship from the swamp it currently is stuck in to the ocean of wealth we are dreaming of.

Sadly the disparity in the quality of education provided in the developing world as compared to the developed world gets me scared about the future.

2 Likes

Re: States And Number Of Federal Civil Servants by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jun 30, 2016
MrALIVE:
FG should increase that figure to 200 thousand to reduce unemployment rate..i don't know why it is difficult for govt to tackle unemployment when they can use this simple method
Please say you are joking .
Re: States And Number Of Federal Civil Servants by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jun 30, 2016
fsb:

You can't just employ an extra ### ### number of people. That has already been done over the years and aside from the effect on recurrent expenditure, it creates redundancy and ultimately reduces the effectiveness of the workforce.

Creating an enabling environment is a more critical role of governments than being an employer of labor because the former will lead to the latter. The problem is that past leaders have barely had to do a lot of critical thinking as against sit down with calculator to share oil wealth. When you do this for 35 years plus and forget the part about creating an enabling environment, you end up with Nigeria of 2016 where

1. You have a mono-economy dependent on crude oil revenues. When crude oil price falls, the economy is paralyzed as we have it today with many states owing salaries
2. Government is the largest employer of labor
3. A crippling redundancy in civil service where an office has oga, deputy oga, assistant oga, secretaries to oga, deputy, assistant oga, office clerks to deliver memo from upstairs to downstairs, personal assistant, correspondence keeper etc.
4. A civil service where people must get promoted after 4 years whether they have been productive or not
Etc.

If the civil service is restructured for efficiency and government job is all about efficiency and effectiveness like in the private sector, we would see tremendous change in the system.
Thank you, I wanted to say something to the guy but have saved the time.
Re: States And Number Of Federal Civil Servants by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jun 30, 2016
No wonder Abia is always broke.
Re: States And Number Of Federal Civil Servants by lordizak(m): 2:09pm On Jun 30, 2016
ChristDeKing:

RECEIVE SENSE IN JESUS NAME.............AMEN
Are u not ashamed of yourself? I refuse to belong to a class of people with non feasible ideas, to generation of ethnic bigot like u. I am from an Igbo speaking part. So, don't tell me bullshit.
Re: States And Number Of Federal Civil Servants by Abagworo(m): 2:17pm On Jun 30, 2016
Dbboy:
I doubt this figure is true but if it is true dont forget that Imo state is the most educated state in Nigeria, the amount of well informed individuals there is mind blowing and even in jamb intake the still remain the highest that always write the said exam.

The problem is the graduates going for government jobs instead of creating jobs themselves. Imo State has the highest number of Civil servants and pensioners in the Southeast both at State and federal level and that is a problem that needs solution.
Re: States And Number Of Federal Civil Servants by kolexy(m): 2:27pm On Jun 30, 2016
fairheven:

bro calm down. Imo is just a state, check it by region you discover the south east has one ofy the least.. even south west is about the highest that is if the story is true for

by the way who keeps recycling this old news?

Are you comparing 5 states with 6 states
Re: States And Number Of Federal Civil Servants by gyroscopic(m): 2:38pm On Jun 30, 2016
ok
Re: States And Number Of Federal Civil Servants by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jun 30, 2016
AnanseK:

There is no "North" in the constitution, there is only states.

The states crying about marginalization are the ones running the country as civil servants.

Is it just Imo state claiming marginalization?

From that list: Eastern States - 16, 540; Northern States - 17,681; Western States - 21,957.

This list (questionable as it may seem) is no contrary evidence, so let's not make this an issue.
Re: States And Number Of Federal Civil Servants by babe4wealth(m): 3:26pm On Jun 30, 2016
DaudaAbu:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/12/89-511-civil-servants-in-fgs-employ-by-nov-2015-dg-bpsr/

OP ABEG SMALL SMALL LIE. ARRSSSSSSHHHH.
THIS IS D STRONGEST LIE OF 2016

SEE MY PROOF: CROSS RIVER STATE CAN NEVER HAVE 26 FED CIVIL SERVANTS, WHY BECAUSE UNICAL ALONE CAN'T HAVE A STAFF STRENGTH LESS THAN 500......ABEG OP DON'T BE A LIAR MOHAMMED.....
Re: States And Number Of Federal Civil Servants by uwagimboo: 3:52pm On Jun 30, 2016
lordizak:
And they will still say they are marginalized.

Go nd get ur statistic right, 80% of that figure re Teachers..
Re: States And Number Of Federal Civil Servants by DaudaAbu(m): 4:08pm On Jun 30, 2016
babe4wealth:

OP ABEG SMALL SMALL LIE. ARRSSSSSSHHHH.
THIS IS D STRONGEST LIE OF 2016

SEE MY PROOF: CROSS RIVER STATE CAN NEVER HAVE 26 FED CIVIL SERVANTS, WHY BECAUSE UNICAL ALONE CAN'T HAVE A STAFF STRENGTH LESS THAN 500......ABEG OP DON'T BE A LIAR MOHAMMED.....

Go through my post again. This time i hope you are sober.

This is the break down by region;

South South;

Delta _ 4419

Akwa ibom _ 4416

Edo _ 3890

Cross River _ 2681

Rivers _ 1675

Bayelsa _ 957
--------------=

North Central

Kogi _ 5186

Benue _ 3951

Plareau _ 2543

Kwara _ 2537

Niger _ 2193

Nassarawa _ 1452
-------------------
Re: States And Number Of Federal Civil Servants by DaudaAbu(m): 4:17pm On Jun 30, 2016
uwagimboo:

Go nd get ur statistic right, 80% of that figure re Teachers..

teachers kwa? How many fed (model sch) do we have

Or do you mean lecturers?

South West;

Ogun _ 4669

Ondo _ 3393

Osun _ 3321'

Oyo _ 3244

Ekiiti _ 2613

Lagos _ 2180
_--------------

North West

Kaduna _ 3199

Kano _ 1545

Katsina _ 1237

Kebbi _ 875

Sokoto _ 732

Jigawa _ 675

Zamfara _ 543
-----------------
Re: States And Number Of Federal Civil Servants by olanje: 4:23pm On Jun 30, 2016
See some igbos celebrating imo cos of this thrash, chest beating... Hausas sure knows how to romance ur ego. If you believe this crap u r a fool living in a fool's paradise. Shukwudi be lyk #Teamimo na we dey lead grin grin grin chest beating mofos, ndiara
Re: States And Number Of Federal Civil Servants by DaudaAbu(m): 4:43pm On Jun 30, 2016
South East
Imo _ 5825

Abia _ 3579

Anambra _ 3576

Enugu _ 2695

Ebonyi _ 865
---------------

North East

Borno _ 1822

Adamawa _ 1727

Gombe _ 1218

Bauchi _ 1172

Taraba _ 1112

Yobe _ 744
----------------
Re: States And Number Of Federal Civil Servants by CSTR2: 4:56pm On Jun 30, 2016
Anyone who believes this list is a fool. The north has the highest number of people in the civil service . That is an indisputable fact.
Re: States And Number Of Federal Civil Servants by DaudaAbu(m): 5:05pm On Jun 30, 2016
tammie24:
The north has the highest number of civil servants in Nigeria

This is a biased information

Check out the OP' s name

What did you expect?

Check out the source. What name did you see?

Dr joe Abah
Re: States And Number Of Federal Civil Servants by AnanseK(m): 5:31pm On Jun 30, 2016
RaggedyAnn:

Is it just Imo state claiming marginalization?

From that list: Eastern States - 16, 540; Northern States - 17,681; Western States - 21,957.

This list (questionable as it may seem) is no contrary evidence, so let's not make this an issue.

My friend you are funny comparing 19 states with 5 tiny states.
Re: States And Number Of Federal Civil Servants by blackprowler: 5:34pm On Jun 30, 2016
Anytime you read through nairaland comments, you quickly see how ignorant, prejudiced and bigoted the mind of the average "educated" Nigerian is...and you expect the country to be peaceful and progressing? What a joke!

THE PROBLEM WITH NIGERIA IS THE NIGERIAN PEOPLE THEMSELVES
Re: States And Number Of Federal Civil Servants by fairheven: 5:59pm On Jun 30, 2016
kolexy:

Are you comparing 5 states with 6 states

well I should be asking you that.. every region has six to seven states and South East has five states, isn't that enough injustice on its own?
Re: States And Number Of Federal Civil Servants by adimsmt: 6:17pm On Jun 30, 2016
MrALIVE:
FG should increase that figure to 200 thousand to reduce unemployment rate..i don't know why it is difficult for govt to tackle unemployment when they can use this simple method

That is the worst idea, That is called big government, government is not in the business of employment what a good government does is creating an enabling environment for businesses to do so. Right now the federal government budget are 70% recurrent and 30% capital this alone is why Nigeria is lagging behind in infrastructural developments.
Re: States And Number Of Federal Civil Servants by naijaking1: 6:34pm On Jun 30, 2016
lordizak:

You remember the imbalance of the JAMB admission cut offs? Well progress that to the civil service where an educated work force is the engine running the service, and you will understand that if 10000 people apply from Imo and 10 apply from Zamfara, then hiring 100 people out of the 10000 qualified applicants (less than 0.1%) from Imo is still less than hiring all the 10 applicants (100%) from Zamfara.
Re: States And Number Of Federal Civil Servants by naijaking1: 6:38pm On Jun 30, 2016
RedCapChief:
I'd like to see a list by cadre. Let's know where the majority of Directors and Deputy Directors come from

That's a good point. Who cares for thousands of low cadre workers with religous and tribal glass ceiling.
Re: States And Number Of Federal Civil Servants by ItsMeAboki(m): 7:56pm On Jun 30, 2016
lordizak:

First thing that came mind.
Re: States And Number Of Federal Civil Servants by santuscom(m): 9:02pm On Jun 30, 2016
Also check the number of states in each geo-political zone and AMT of federal allocation to these states apart from derivation and compare it to what each state contribute to the federation account. Then repost
Re: States And Number Of Federal Civil Servants by Ibro2005: 9:33pm On Jun 30, 2016
Kano... with all its highest population... comes less than Enugu and Abia. What happen?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Rejects Nigerian Peace Corps Bill / ASUU Strike: NLC Protests Rock States In Nigeria (Photos) / President Buhari And CBN Governor Godwin Emefiele Arrives Addis Ababa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.