Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,297 members, 7,839,461 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:47 PM

Ibos, Ikwerre And Elechi Amadi - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibos, Ikwerre And Elechi Amadi (10715 Views)

Rivers Rerun: Ikwerre Women Sit Down In Front Of INEC Collation Center. PICS / Rivers Rerun: Riggers Caught In Ikwerre Burst Into Tears. PICS / OP Of This Divisive Thread " Igbos, Ikwerre And Elechi Amadi Is A Yoruba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibos, Ikwerre And Elechi Amadi by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jul 01, 2016
SlayerSupreme:
[s][/s]

THRASH!!! As Expected... Which bloody meeting? Chai. Such a shame...
shame that we refuse to be Igbos? Sorry bro the joke is on you

5 Likes

Re: Ibos, Ikwerre And Elechi Amadi by PhilemonObende: 5:34pm On Jul 01, 2016
chrisxxx:

I should ask u what is Igbo and what is Ikwerre? Can u say which one comes first? How would u say this is this or the other? That is my point of contention. We exist distinctively. I have seen the last born of a family prospering more than the ones before him. Prosperity or population does not make the senior ones part of the younger and vice versa. We cant tell Igbo or Ikwerre which tribe existed first. Your size may not amount to existing first. We are related no doubt but we are not you. Understand our argument.

No we are not related, we used to be related pre-67 but now we are not. You are now Ikwere post-67, we remain Igbos. Let it remain that way.

9 Likes

Re: Ibos, Ikwerre And Elechi Amadi by chrisxxx(m): 5:37pm On Jul 01, 2016
gboss4sure:
When I see people like the OP I laugh.

If you name is chika, amadi, elechi, dikachi you are simply igbo whether you like it or not.

If you don't want to be called igbo, simply change your name to tobi, toyin or musa, then we would know you are not igbo.

There is absolutely nothing like ikwerre igbo, it is either igbo or nothing. It's like me coming out tomorrow to say that I am owerri igbo or someone from nnewi coming to say he or she is nnewi igbo.

That's pure madness. You can't speak igbo, bear igbo names and say you are not igbo. Ikwerre is the name of an area and not the name of a tribe.

If you don't want to be igbo, simply change your names to oluwatosin or muhammed.

Fiaaaa, chineke kpokwa ekwensi oku.
I hope u will not reason this way in national assembly?

1 Like

Re: Ibos, Ikwerre And Elechi Amadi by Ariani: 5:49pm On Jul 01, 2016
Curlieweed:

Interesting aside here about Amaechi. If I am not mistaken he is of Aro ancestry, which may explain his stating he is Igbo.

Moreover Ikwerre isn't a single dialect. There are several local variations with varying levels of intelligibility.

I argued this amphoteric behaviour of Amaechi in an Ikwerre facebook group. And the Ikwerres there denied Amaechi, telling me that Amaechi family peculiarly have an Igbo ancestry.
Perhaps it was this Aro ancestry they were referring to.

3 Likes

Re: Ibos, Ikwerre And Elechi Amadi by SlayerSupreme: 6:08pm On Jul 01, 2016
Bigmillz:
shame that we refuse to be Igbos? Sorry bro the joke is on you
No actually,Shame on your life bro. At your age,you make up childish lies online to defend the undefendable. Your argument is so weak. Tufia! Don't worry tho. You and your brother can accept what you will.

2 Likes

Re: Ibos, Ikwerre And Elechi Amadi by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jul 01, 2016
SlayerSupreme:

No actually,Shame on your life bro. At your age,you make up childish lies online to defend the undefendable. Your argument is so weak. Tufia! Don't worry tho. You and your brother can accept what you will.
what lies?
Re: Ibos, Ikwerre And Elechi Amadi by SlayerSupreme: 6:24pm On Jul 01, 2016
Benin cultural wear - Lies.
Similar Benin festivals - Lies
Elders meeting with Oba of Benin(for what?) - Bogus = Lies.
Silly Lies from Chrisxxx
More Lies from Bigmillz. All lies.

3 Likes

Re: Ibos, Ikwerre And Elechi Amadi by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jul 01, 2016
chrisxxx:

Regardless of how you reason, it doesn't change the fact.

You can't speak igbo language and bear igbo names like amaechi and claim you are ikwerre, what is ikwerre? Ikwerre is a local government area and not a tribe nwoke m.

You people should stop making a joke of yourselves in front of the world. Imagine me meeting a person with the name "Olamide" or "Adekunle" only for him to tell me he is not Yoruba rather he is ibadan yoruoba or osogbo youroba or someone from alimosho saying he or she is alimosho yoruoba

What kind of stupidity and madness would that be?

4 Likes

Re: Ibos, Ikwerre And Elechi Amadi by OdenigboAroli(m): 7:09pm On Jul 01, 2016
Abagworo:

I am not insinuating. Umunoha people in Imo State hold same ancestry as Ihuruoha or Ikwerre of Rivers State. They all belong to early Aro movements that established oracles of Amadioha and Igwekali as outposts of original Ubini Ukpabi in Cross River. Maybe out of ignorance some are trying to link Ubini with Bini. They weren't actually Igbos then as their identity came up later as they migrated to different parts of Igboland, Ibibioland, Efikland etc.

If you doubt me make investigations into the various villages that inhabit from Owerri area down to Ohaji, Ikwerre and Etche. They all call other Igbos "Isoma" because earlier in history Igboland was known as Isuland as proven by Igbo slaves in the 17th century that recorded their homeland as "Isuama". Another chatacteristics of these people is the"Oha" system different from Ozo title system in Igbo hinterland. Benin originated/influenced Igbos call other Igbos "Onye Igbo" or "Nwa onye Igbo" which was used in the past as derogatory. This is obtainable in places like Oguta, Asaba and Onitsha.

Still working on your Onicha and Uguta link up? Lol
Uguta and Asaba never refered to anybody as nwa onye Igbo it is clearly an Onicha thing. Asaba called South easterners ndi Igbo. I see your effort to elevate Ugwuta isn't yielding any fruit yet. Well,keep trying. As Onicha people what they call Obosi,Ogbaru and Idenmili people....lol

4 Likes

Re: Ibos, Ikwerre And Elechi Amadi by chrisxxx(m): 7:20pm On Jul 01, 2016
mynd44 can u please send this to front page where my fellow Ikwerre brothers will put all these contention to rest? This topic is a fellow up of some Ibo guys condemning Elechi Amadi even at death for scribing 'Sunset in Biafra'. We the Ikwerre as u can read through the comments being made by Ibo guys here past through hell in their hands.
The Biafran war was a pyrrhic one. We lost a lot but we gained our identity. Read 'Sunset in Biafra' to see what an average Ikwerre man past through. Ikwerre population is over 3 million old and young. Have you wondered why no one has come 2say anything contrary? Have you seen where a thousand people hold one opinion about a particular event? This proves there is truth in what we are saying.

2 Likes

Re: Ibos, Ikwerre And Elechi Amadi by OdenigboAroli(m): 7:24pm On Jul 01, 2016
chrisxxx:

Oga make I ask you....Do you know what is integrity?
Have you ever sat down one day and ponder and truly ask yourself who are the Ikwerre? I am from Idenmili in Anambra and this was same question I asked myself at some point in my life. Look at the social and traditional structure of Ikwerre...name of towns,name of people,deities,days of week...the whole nomenclature. It reeks of deep rooted Igbo culture....And I mean 100%

Be a man and upright and tell yourself the truth.
You can claim what you like but remember the historical documentation will be there waiting for you. I salute.

5 Likes

Re: Ibos, Ikwerre And Elechi Amadi by Abagworo(m): 11:25am On Jul 02, 2016
OdenigboAroli:

Uguta and Asaba never refered to anybody as nwa onye Igbo it is clearly an Onicha thing. Asaba called South easterners ndi Igbo. I see your effort to elevate Ugwuta isn't yielding any fruit yet. Well,keep trying. As Onicha people what they call Obosi,Ogbaru and Idenmili people....lol

You need to travel and know instead of being in your enclave.

2 Likes

Re: Ibos, Ikwerre And Elechi Amadi by asha81: 11:30am On Jul 02, 2016
Abagworo is a well known I.diot, who likes forcing himself and his people on others just to align with them. Why can't this dunce leave us a lone and focus on his own state and people. This is the same reason I clash with him every day on this board.

OdenigboAroli:

1 Like

Re: Ibos, Ikwerre And Elechi Amadi by Abagworo(m): 11:41am On Jul 02, 2016
asha81:
Abagworo is a well known I.diot, who likes forcing himself and his people on others just to align with them. Why can't this dunce leave us a lone and focus on his own state and people. This is the same reason I clash with him every day on this board.

Chino AKA Asha81 you are the one threatening to fight an Ikwerre son in his homeland of Port Harcourt just because he made it clear he is not Igbo. Now tell me why you want to force Ikwerre to be Igbo while you preach hate against me for fraternising with my Igbo brothers in Onitsha, Ogbaru and Asaba.

Chino's younger sister went to have fun and got her kids burnt to death. It seems irresponsibility is in their blood.

2 Likes

Re: Ibos, Ikwerre And Elechi Amadi by asha81: 11:53am On Jul 02, 2016
Hopeless old man, when did I ever threaten an ikwerre for saying he wants to be known as ikwerre? Have you ever seen me in such contest before?

We Anambrans would like to be monolithic if possible. Have you ever wondered why we cherish marrying ourselves than going to other states to marry? Is because we do not want contamination. Stop fraternizing with us as we have nothing in common with you and your people.

It was your sister that was beheaded in kano but your governor said it was a sacrifice for democracy. What a people.

[s]
Abagworo:

Chino AKA Asha81 you are the one threatening to fight an Ikwerre son in his homeland of Port Harcourt just because he made it clear he is not Igbo. Now tell me why you want to force Ikwerre to be Igbo while you preach hate against me for fraternising with my Igbo brothers in Onitsha, Ogbaru and Asaba.

Chino's younger sister went to have fun and got her kids burnt to death. It seems irresponsibility is in their blood.
[/s]
Re: Ibos, Ikwerre And Elechi Amadi by Abagworo(m): 11:58am On Jul 02, 2016
asha81:
Hopeless old, when did I ever threaten an ikwerre for saying he wants to be known as ikwerre? Have you ever seen me in such contest before?

We Anambrans would like to be monolithic if possible. Have you ever wondered why we cherish marrying ourselves than going to other states to marry? Is because we do not want contamination. Stop fraternizing with us as we have nothing in common with you and your people.

It was your sister that was beheaded in kano but your governor said it was a sacrifice for democracy. What a people.

[s][/s]

Why were/are you threatening @Hopeathand? The fact remains that you are a covetous man seeking to reap where you did not sew hence your reason for running around Wike and threatening Ikwerre oeople at the same time. If you are comfortable enough then stay back in your village or Awka.

1 Like

Re: Ibos, Ikwerre And Elechi Amadi by asha81: 12:10pm On Jul 02, 2016
Re: Ibos, Ikwerre And Elechi Amadi by OdenigboAroli(m): 12:11pm On Jul 02, 2016
Abagworo:

You need to travel and know instead of being in your enclave.

Lol...I am probably more travelled than you can imagine. Your effort to create some kind of Ugwuta greatness is pathetic. The first and only time I heard Ugwuta call the rest of the Igbo nwa onye Igbo is from you....shameless liar! The same you that say Onicha is related to Ugwuta....hehe. Only in your dreams. The same you claimed Onicha speaks Isu language. Why the Onicha obsession ? Do you feel like you attaching yourselves to Onicha will cure your insecurity? You Abagworo is insecure because you feel Imo/Ogwuta is inferior to the more prestigious Omanbala/Nri culture that invented and shaped what everybody knows as Igbo culture.
Our might and influence spread across into all Igbo towns including Anioma even into non Igbo land like Igala,Benin and Idoma. While your Imo state has no prominent culture peculiar to them. Respect Omanbala and her culture,pay homage to our kings and there will be peace. And leave Anioma alone because they are heavily rooted in Nri. Be proud of Imo state and whatever y'all have down there. Stop trying to attach yourself to Anambra and our Anioma brothers.

2 Likes

Re: Ibos, Ikwerre And Elechi Amadi by asha81: 12:12pm On Jul 02, 2016
Shameless poverty infested dunce. I am/was living comfortably well in Awka where our firm first started way back even before Wike became the governor of Rivers state.

I never knew Wike, it was through his younger brother whom we had our time during university days at NANS. I cannot say NO to a call from Wike family for our services. So stop talking nonsense

[s]
Abagworo:

Why were/are you threatening @Hopeathand? The fact remains that you are a covetous man seeking to reap where you did not sew hence your reason for running around Wike and threatening Ikwerre oeople at the same time. If you are comfortable enough then stay back in your village or Awka.
[/s]
Re: Ibos, Ikwerre And Elechi Amadi by Abagworo(m): 12:21pm On Jul 02, 2016
OdenigboAroli:

Lol...I am probably more travelled than you can imagine. Your effort to create some kind of Ugwuta greatness is pathetic. The first and only time I heard Ugwuta call the rest of the Igbo nwa onye Igbo is from you....shameless liar! The same you that say Onicha is related to Ugwuta....hehe. Only in your dreams. The same you claimed Onicha speaks Isu language. Why the Onicha obsession ? Do you feel like you attaching yourselves to Onicha will cure your insecurity? You Abagworo is insecure because you feel Imo/Ogwuta is inferior to the more prestigious Omanbala/Nri culture that invented and shaped what everybody knows as Igbo culture.
Our might and influence spread across into all Igbo towns including Anioma even into non Igbo land like Igala,Benin and Idoma. While your Imo state has no prominent culture peculiar to them. Respect Omanbala and her culture,pay homage to our kings and there will be peace. And leave Anioma alone because they are heavily rooted in Nri. Be proud of Imo state and whatever y'all have down there. Stop trying to attach yourself to Anambra and our Anioma brothers.

Everyone can bare me witness that nothing called for this essay you wrote above which proves your self delusions. History of Oguta is not hidden and is accessible and clear for everyone to see. History of most Igbo towns are in Nairaland archives and you will save me some stress by going to people's villages to change their history in order to soothe your self aggrandizement.

Oguta calls you people "Onye Igbo" While Owerri call you "Isoma". If you want evidence visit the villages.

1 Like

Re: Ibos, Ikwerre And Elechi Amadi by OdenigboAroli(m): 12:22pm On Jul 02, 2016
Abagworo:

I don't care who you fraternize with but don't peddle lies.

1 Like

Re: Ibos, Ikwerre And Elechi Amadi by asha81: 12:24pm On Jul 02, 2016
Abagworo is pathetic I tell you.. cheesy

OdenigboAroli:

I don't care who you fraternize with but don't peddle lies.
Re: Ibos, Ikwerre And Elechi Amadi by OdenigboAroli(m): 12:45pm On Jul 02, 2016
Abagworo:

Everyone can bare me witness that nothing called for this essay you wrote above which proves your self delusions. History of Oguta is not hidden and is accessible and clear for everyone to see. History of most Igbo towns are in Nairaland archives and you will save me some stress by going to people's villages to change their history in order to soothe your self aggrandizement.

Oguta calls you people "Onye Igbo" While Owerri call you "Isoma". If you want evidence visit the villages.

Lol...This dude is hilarious. Well, I am not an Isu person. Am I ? Be proud of your people and leave us alone. Stop obsessing about Omanbala and her relations....smh
Re: Ibos, Ikwerre And Elechi Amadi by Abagworo(m): 12:53pm On Jul 02, 2016
OdenigboAroli:

Lol...This dude is hilarious. Well, I am not an Isu person. Am I ? Be proud of your people and leave us alone. Stop obsessing about Omanbala and her relations....smh

You think you are not but Owerri people think you are Isoma. Ikwerre people also think that Owerri people are Isoma. So that's for them to explain not you.

1 Like

Re: Ibos, Ikwerre And Elechi Amadi by OdenigboAroli(m): 4:55pm On Jul 02, 2016
Dude,you are nuts. What do you mean by I think I am not? And how come Owerri people call us ndi Anambra when we get in contact with them? And we don't even have contact or relationship with Ikwerre people,so,how can they know who we are. You just make up some nonsense and spit it out.
Re: Ibos, Ikwerre And Elechi Amadi by Marotzke(m): 6:28pm On Jul 02, 2016
All these arguments for what? A very high ranking APC stalwart, a second term governor from the northeast asked my boss a very disturbing question.

This question was asked in a a private fora, over an increasingly loud retort by Igbos over what they termed marginalisation and non representation in government by the Buhari administration. Here he goes; " what does the Igbo Want again from Buhari?

An Igbo is CBN governor (Emefiele) ,an Igbo GMD NNPC/ minister of petroleum (Kachikwu) and an Igbo minister of transport (Amaechi) , With Nimasa, NDDC and railways join.

Attempts by my boss to explain that these people are not Igbos and even are self confessed non Igbo were rejected with a cynical smile and a gwaff. In that case his excellency countered, you people are in the same boat with Hausa and they are not complaining. This is his argument ; president &CinC Fulani, national security adviser Kanuri, chief of Army staff ; Bura, SGF Kilba, DSS; Fulani, police ; Nupe. EFCC , Airforce and speaker HOR are from minority tribes in Bauchi state.. when I mentioned Danbazzau, he countered that every Igbo state has a minister, so what?
And we are here arguing who is a real Igbo and a wannabe.
The thing that I learnt here is that at another time, the Rivers state governor would have called himself, Ezenwa Nyesom Nwike!! Very interesting.

1 Like

Re: Ibos, Ikwerre And Elechi Amadi by Abagworo(m): 6:39pm On Jul 02, 2016
OdenigboAroli:
Dude,you are nuts. What do you mean by I think I am not? And how come Owerri people call us ndi Anambra when we get in contact with them? And we don't even have contact or relationship with Ikwerre people,so,how can they know who we are. You just make up some nonsense and spit it out.

Owerri people call every Igbo man from Mbieri northwards Isoma. To them you are all same. States make no difference. Ngwa people call every Igbo westwards or northwards Ohuhu. States don't matter either. These things are beyond States and personal perception. They existed before colonization.

1 Like

Re: Ibos, Ikwerre And Elechi Amadi by honourhim: 9:24pm On Jul 02, 2016
chrisxxx:
To all Ibos on this forum.
Would you people accept being called Ikwerre people? We have no problem with you saying you are Ikwerre. However in a very strong term: The Ikwerres are not Ibos.
You people have always claimed that Ikwerre disassociated themselves after the civil war. You are correct! Even Nigeria as a country got liberated from the clutches of your overbearing dominance after the civil war. The appendages of your attempted colonization of Ikwerre people and at large the Niger Delta people still litter around. In our courts you were the magistrates, lawyers and everything. As an Ikwerre man you could be stoned and lynched for speaking your dialect in Port Harcourt City before the war my dad told me. We had no choice than the Hobson's choice of pretentious oneness. Come to the street of Port Harcourt and see streets named after our 'colonial masters' the Ibos. You could hardly find a street named after an Ikwerre man. Do you own Port Harcourt? You maligned us, subjugated us and the most demeaning was changing our community names. All Rumu to Umu, Nwo to Nwa and so on. We could take same revenge the Hausas took on you people if we had the wits for our brilliant sons and daughters you people killed prior and during the war.
It was no surprising the Ikwere people and Niger Deltans welcome with tumultuous joy the liberation and arrival of the Nigerian soldiers during the war.
Our language are similar to some extent and I will tell you the reasons. It is only the diluted Ikwerre languages of the Obio/Akpor LGA and Port Harcourt LGA that have some distant similarities due to inter-trading and inter-marriages. Emuoha LGA and Ikwerre LGA have a lot similarities with the old Bini Kingdom. These two LGA are closer to yours in terms of land border, incidentally their words sound Binin does it not ring bells to your ears that Ikwerre is not part of you?
Do you know that Ibo language was compulsorily taught and learnt in schools in present Rivers State before the war? Was it same practice in your region? This goes a lengthy way to prove that you cant teach a people their language. You only teach people a strange language. This is to prove we (Ikwerre) are not Ibo. We are not xenophobic, we welcome you people to the Ikwerre Ethnic nationality if you would want to claim our nationality.
Elechi Amadi may your humble and enlightened soul rest in peace. You only wrote, put in writing what our parents told us verbally for posterity and record purposes in your 'Sunset in Biafra'. Believe me as well the sun has perpetually set in Biafra.

It is quite a shame that while my father sat me down and told me to strive for excellence in my career, your own father sat you down and fed you with satanic lies that made you hate igbos. This is why Ikwerre people have remained lazy and useless over the years. Indeed, Ikwere people are a disgrace to humanity.
One of such lies is that igbos don't have igbo as one of their secondary school subject. Let it be known to you and your lying father that we do igbo in our secondary schools. I took igbo in my WAEC.
Ikwerre is too insignificant and useless for an average igbo father to waste his precious time telling his children about, when he has more important info that will help his child excel in life.
My father never ever discussed Ikwerre with us till date.
. The saying that an idle mind is the devil's workshop can be seen in the life an average Ikwerre father whose stock in trade is to sit idly at home and be feeding their children with satanic lies while their fellow men of other tribes are out their working tirelesly to succeed in life. SHAME ON IKWERRE. And of course such a lazy and useless set of people cannot be our brothers.
IKWERRE IS NOT OUR BROTHER.

7 Likes

Re: Ibos, Ikwerre And Elechi Amadi by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jul 03, 2016
honourhim:

It is quite a shame that while my father sat me down and told me to strive for excellence in my career, your own father sat you down and fed you with satanic lies that made you hate igbos. This is why Ikwerre people have remained lazy and useless over the years. Indeed, Ikwere people are a disgrace to humanity.
One of such lies is that igbos don't have igbo as one of their secondary school subject. Let it be known to you and your lying father that we do igbo in our secondary schools. I took igbo in my WAEC.
Ikwerre is too insignificant and useless for an average igbo father to waste his precious time telling his children about, when he has more important info that will help his child excel in life.
My father never ever discussed Ikwerre with us till date.
. The saying that an idle mind is the devil's workshop can be seen in the life an average Ikwerre father whose stock in trade is to sit idly at home and be feeding their children with satanic lies while their fellow men of other tribes are out their working tirelesly to succeed in life. SHAME ON IKWERRE. And of course such a lazy and useless set of people cannot be our brothers.
IKWERRE IS NOT OUR BROTHER.

This is not necessary. You can make your point without insulting their tribe. The op has been given some information that he can muse over, but no need to insult them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibos, Ikwerre And Elechi Amadi by Ikwerreboy(m): 12:30pm On Jul 04, 2016
OjukwuWarBird:

If you guys are Binis, list the
(1) Bini words in your language
(2) Bini culture in your culture
(3) Bini religion in your religion
(4) Bini dress in your attire
(5) Bini physical appearance in your appearance
(6) Bini names in your names
(7) Bini things in your things. grin

Zendy Ariani olaitoro apcisevil noneroone joeprince23 niceprof jmoore overall90 frankline5 Pfrb kettle84 atlanticbreeze chukwudi44 dearpreye ndvf ijaw1stson etc

Ask any Igboid group that claims Bini and you see them shamefully acknowledge their Igbo roots.

I did this to my ogba friends. Come see denial of being Bini. So tey shame catch them to talk. My friends immediately begin to dey claim igbos since that day.

Hopeathand ikwerreboy tonyebarcanista truckpusher and Abagworo.

Pls help us to trace the Bini in your people.

EVEN IF I DENY MY FATHER , IT DOESN'T TAKE THE FACT AWAY THAT I AM HIS SON.

SATAN AND GOD ARE NOT IN PEACE YET NO ONE NOT EVEN THE DEVIL CAN DENY THAT GOD CREATED HIM.

Oya Bini people, help us trace the Bini in these people. grin

Can you and your Igbo brothers give me a summarized history of "Ighoroha"??

What is Ikwerre? We have no such name in our history. Ikwerre is a nick name.

Our ancestral name is "Ighoroha" or "Ighuroha"

Mr. historian God punish you and ur entire igbo tribe if you don't tell me if "Ighoroha," is igbo name or benin & how "Ighoroha" migrated from Igbo.

2 Likes

Re: Ibos, Ikwerre And Elechi Amadi by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jul 04, 2016
^^^So it's no longer "Iwhnurohna"? It's now "Ighoroha". What will you change it to tommorow?

4 Likes

Re: Ibos, Ikwerre And Elechi Amadi by OdenigboAroli(m): 10:10pm On Jul 04, 2016
Abagworo:

Owerri people call every Igbo man from Mbieri northwards Isoma. To them you are all same. States make no difference. Ngwa people call every Igbo westwards or northwards Ohuhu. States don't matter either. These things are beyond States and personal perception. They existed before colonization.

How can you name people you never met...Are you sick ? Those names doesn't apply to us. They refer to their neighbors by that name because they don't know us.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Boko Haram Insurgents Kill Seven, Burn Three Villages In Borno / Attack On Diplomat: Timi Frank Seeks Tough Sanctions Against Indonesia / Aisha Buhari, Betta Edu Hold Summit For Female APC Aspirants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.