Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,203 members, 7,839,098 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

Ibos, Ikwerre And Elechi Amadi - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibos, Ikwerre And Elechi Amadi (10710 Views)

Rivers Rerun: Ikwerre Women Sit Down In Front Of INEC Collation Center. PICS / Rivers Rerun: Riggers Caught In Ikwerre Burst Into Tears. PICS / OP Of This Divisive Thread " Igbos, Ikwerre And Elechi Amadi Is A Yoruba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibos, Ikwerre And Elechi Amadi by OdenigboAroli(m): 10:20pm On Jul 04, 2016
Ikwerreboy:

Can you and your Igbo brothers give me a summarized history of "Ighoroha"??

What is Ikwerre? We have no such name in our history. Ikwerre is a nick name.

Our ancestral name is "Ighoroha" or "Ighuroha"

Mr. historian God punish you and ur entire igbo tribe if you don't tell me if "Ighoroha," is igbo name or benin & how "Ighoroha" migrated from Igbo.

God already punished you and your entire Ikwerre lost fools and that's why you don't know who you are. I don't expect decorum from an Ikwerre man because you don't even know if you are a human being or an animal. And where in the world did ighoroha just popped out from, I thought it was iwhuruoha according to your neighbors...hehe
Anyways,I care little about Ikwerre.....Culture-less nonentities

2 Likes

Re: Ibos, Ikwerre And Elechi Amadi by OjukwuWarBird: 10:47pm On Jul 04, 2016
Ikwerreboy:

Mr. historian God punish you and ur entire igbo tribe if you don't tell me if "Ighoroha," is igbo name or benin & how "Ighoroha" migrated from Igbo.

You are bloody illiterate for not finding out why your ancestors never bear that name to this day.

That useless name was never bore by your ancestors

If it was, tell us what year that name was changed.
Re: Ibos, Ikwerre And Elechi Amadi by honourhim: 11:23pm On Jul 04, 2016
OdenigboAroli:

How can you name people you never met...Are you sick ? Those names doesn't apply to us. They refer to their neighbors by that name because they don't know us.

Don't fall into the divisive hands of Abagworo. We are all Igbos and excelling in various ways. Ignore him until he learns to make sense biko Nwanne m.

1 Like

Re: Ibos, Ikwerre And Elechi Amadi by Abagworo(m): 11:32pm On Jul 04, 2016
OdenigboAroli:

How can you name people you never met...Are you sick ? Those names doesn't apply to us. They refer to their neighbors by that name because they don't know us.

The problem you have is lack of exposure to length and breadth of Igboland. Your point of view is from your village alone. Every village have their history and to arrive at a good analysis you have to learn all and be fair in your belief.

2 Likes

Re: Ibos, Ikwerre And Elechi Amadi by Abagworo(m): 11:41pm On Jul 04, 2016
Ikwerreboy:

Ikwerreboy is your moniker but in order to make baseless points you are making ridiculous assertions. Nothing like Ighoroha has existed and will ever exist. No matter the linguistic or orthographic distortion and acrobatics "Ihuru oha" cannot change to Benin language. It is Ikwerre language meaning " face of the people" or "Ihu oha" in Igbo language depending on the dialect. Stop disgracing your people with ludicrous assertions. Real Igbos don't need Ikwerre as part of us as we respect rights of independent existence. Ikwerre is Ikwerre and Igbo is Igbo but we speak alike and bear similar names. Our attitudes to life defines our remarkable difference despite all the similarities.

7 Likes

Re: Ibos, Ikwerre And Elechi Amadi by Ikwerreboy(m): 8:19am On Jul 05, 2016
OjukwuWarBird:

You are bloody illiterate for not finding out why your ancestors never bear that name to this day.

That useless name was never bore by your ancestors

If it was, tell us what year that name was changed.

I thought i was debating with a matured fellow. For saying tell us what year that name "Ighuroha" change shows how ignorant you are. Call me bastard if i ever qoute you again. well clear ur foolishness wit d below photos. God bless Ikwerre your ranting will end here on nairaland.

And before i 4get u are welcome to Iwhuruoha (originally called "Ighuroha"wink Christian association thanks giving at st. peters Anglican church 1st October this year to verify all u see on that photo. thanks Mr. Igbo man

3 Likes

Re: Ibos, Ikwerre And Elechi Amadi by Igboid: 8:33am On Jul 05, 2016
Ikwerreboy:

I thought i was debating with a matured fellow. For saying tell us what year that name "Ighuroha" change shows how ignorant you are. Call me bastard if i ever qoute you again. well clear ur foolishness wit d below photos. God bless Ikwerre your ranting will end here on nairaland.

And before i 4get u are welcome to Iwhuruoha (originally called "Ighuroha"wink Christian association thanks giving at st. peters Anglican church 1st October this year to verify all u see on that photo. thanks Mr. Igbo man

So Akalaka migrating from Bini means that he was Bini?
A Bini man with an Igbo name Akalaka in Bini, like the Bini names had finished in Bini, prompting his Bini parents to import an Igbo name for their Bini son.

Even with Bini a shadow of its former glorly , the ever proud current Bini people will not give their children Igbo names, but we are supposed to believe that in the ancient Bini, a Bini mother and father gave their son an
IGBO name AKALAKA. grin

Btw have you switched from Ikwerreboy to Ekpeyeboy? Don't you think you will need a new Ekpeye sounding moniker for this your new mission?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibos, Ikwerre And Elechi Amadi by OjukwuWarBird: 10:40am On Jul 05, 2016
Igboid:

A Bini man with an Igbo name Akalaka in Bini, like the Bini names had finished in Bini, prompting his Bini parents to import an Igbo name for their Bini son.

Even with Bini a shadow of its former glorly , the ever proud current Bini people will not give their children Igbo names, but we are supposed to believe that in the ancient Bini, a Bini mother and father gave their son an
IGBO name AKALAKA. grin

Btw have you switched from Ikwerreboy to Ekpeyeboy? Don't you think you will need a new Ekpeye sounding moniker for this your new mission?

Don't mind the illiterate called Ikwerreboy.

How can Bini parents name their son Akalaka.

Let the illiterate called ikwerreboy tell us the meaning of Akalaka in Bini language. angry
Re: Ibos, Ikwerre And Elechi Amadi by dumodust(m): 5:25pm On Jul 05, 2016
OdenigboAroli:

You wrote my mind... people wey person no sabi go dey call am name... haba
On the bright side, we in anambra are not so divisive, except for onicha maybe.... and you wonder why imo has so many autonomous communities and irrelevant igwes ruling over land the size of a hamlet

1 Like

Re: Ibos, Ikwerre And Elechi Amadi by Abagworo(m): 6:24pm On Jul 05, 2016
dumodust:

You wrote my mind... people wey person no sabi go dey call am name... haba
On the bright side, we in anambra are not so divisive, except for onicha maybe.... and you wonder why imo has so many autonomous communities and irrelevant igwes ruling over land the size of a hamlet

In truth Igbos are very independent and competitive to town level. It does not mean being divisive as you have erroneously interpreted. On referring to people outside your immediate locality with a coinage there is nothing wrong with it. It is inherent in Igbo man to feel different from his peers. When an Ikwerre man says Isoma he does not refer to any particular clan in Igboland. When Owerri ma says Isoma he does not refer to any particular clan. To them the rest of Igboland outside their immediate locality is Isoma.

1 Like

Re: Ibos, Ikwerre And Elechi Amadi by OdenigboAroli(m): 6:39pm On Jul 05, 2016
Abagworo:

In truth Igbos are very independent and competitive to town level. It does not mean being divisive as you have erroneously interpreted. On referring to people outside your immediate locality with a coinage there is nothing wrong with it. It is inherent in Igbo man to feel different from his peers. When an Ikwerre man says Isoma he does not refer to any particular clan in Igboland. When Owerri ma says Isoma he does not refer to any particular clan. To them the rest of Igboland outside their immediate locality is Isoma.

Well,its out of ignorance that they call people they don't know by a name the said people don't identify with. Again,Omanbalas are not Isoma and I have never came across a single Imo person that calls Omanbala people Isoma. Anambra has migration from a lot of places,Igala,Anioma and Arochukwu but one thing that binds us together is that GREAT OMANBALA CULTURE..i.e Nze na Ozo,izu uka(eke,oye,afor,nkwo),Igba Odu,Ijele masquerade,Ovala/Goals festivals etc.

1 Like

Re: Ibos, Ikwerre And Elechi Amadi by Abagworo(m): 6:48pm On Jul 05, 2016
OjukwuWarBird:

Don't mind the illiterate called Ikwerreboy.

How can Bini parents name their son Akalaka.

Let the illiterate called ikwerreboy tell us the meaning of Akalaka in Bini language. angry

I have come to believe that the "Bini" erroneously being reffered to in the case of Ekpeye is Cross River and not Edo. It is the "Ibini Ukpabi" of present day Arochukwu in Abia State.

My reasons shall be deliberated in coming weeks. There was a movement of Igboid and Oboloid people from Crossriver to Andoni and all the way to Bayelsa. There was equally a movement of Igboid and Edoid people from Benin all the way to Niger Delta. These movements left a lot of settlements as evidences as well as traces of distant languages. For example Epie of Bayelsa speak Edoid and Degema of Rivers speak Edoid, Abuloma of Rivers and Abua of Rivers speak Oboloid which is the mother language of Crossriver. Knowing fully well that Edo has no boundary with Epie and Degema or Ibibio with Abuloma and Abua it means the 2 languages were brought by migrants who journeyed through different ethnic territories.

The question now is between Ibibio, Igbo, Ijaw and Edo which one Akalaka could have been rooted? Ahoada which is the present day home of Ekpeye lies within a territory where Ibibio, Edo, Ijaw and Igbo groups settled.
Re: Ibos, Ikwerre And Elechi Amadi by OjukwuWarBird: 6:52pm On Jul 05, 2016
Abagworo:

I have come to believe that the "Bini" erroneously being reffered to in the case of Ekpeye is Cross River and not Edo. It is the "Ibini Ukpabi" of present day Arochukwu in Abia State.

My reasons shall be deliberated in coming weeks. There was a movement of Igboid and Oboloid people from Crossriver to Andoni and all the way to Bayelsa. There was equally a movement of Igboid and Edoid people from Benin all the way to Niger Delta. These movements left a lot of settlements as evidences as well as traces of distant languages. For example Epie of Bayelsa speak Edoid and Degema of Rivers speak Edoid, Abuloma of Rivers and Abua of Rivers speak Oboloid which is the mother language of Crossriver. Knowing fully well that Edo has no boundary with Epie and Degema or Ibibio with Abuloma and Abua it means the 2 languages were brought by migrants who journeyed through different ethnic territories.

The question now is between Ibibio, Igbo, Ijaw and Edo which one Akalaka could have been rooted? Ahoada which is the present day home of Ekpeye lies within a territory where Ibibio, Edo, Ijaw and Igbo groups settled.

No problem but I want Ikwerreboy to tell the world the meaning of Akalaka in Bini languageangry
Re: Ibos, Ikwerre And Elechi Amadi by Abagworo(m): 6:59pm On Jul 05, 2016
OdenigboAroli:

Well,its out of ignorance that they call people they don't know by a name the said people don't identify with. Again,Omanbalas are not Isoma and I have never came across a single Imo person that calls Omanbala people Isoma. Anambra has migration from a lot of places,Igala,Anioma and Arochukwu but one thing that binds us together is that GREAT OMANBALA CULTURE..i.e Nze na Ozo,izu uka(eke,oye,afor,nkwo),Igba Odu,Ijele masquerade,Ovala/Goals festivals etc.

The Imo you meet are the Imo people like Orlu, Mbano, Okigwe etc. that Owerri views as same with Anambra and other Igbos different from their locality. To clarify yourself on this issue just go to an interior village in Southern Imo State like Awarra or Umuapu in Ohaji LGA or Umunakara and Agbala in Ngor Okpala LGA or Nekede and Eziobodo in Owerri West LGA or Orji and Emii in Owerri North LGA. Just go where only the villagers are discussing in their indigenous dialect and ask a question in what you think is Omanbala and then listen to their remark. One person must tell you that you speak Isoma language. They don't know the difference.
Re: Ibos, Ikwerre And Elechi Amadi by Igboid: 7:03pm On Jul 05, 2016
OdenigboAroli:

He is right about the "Isoma" thing. It's used by villagers in those parts of Imo to refer to any Igbo man speaking any Igbo dialect not theirs.
Re: Ibos, Ikwerre And Elechi Amadi by Abagworo(m): 7:25pm On Jul 05, 2016
Igboid:

He is right about the "Isoma" thing. It's used by villagers in those parts of Imo to refer to any Igbo man speaking any Igbo dialect not theirs.

I searched "Isoma Owerri" and "Isoma Ohaji" on FB and took a shot for Odenigbo to see. Odenigbo you can join Uratta, Ohaji, Egbema, Ngor Okpala and Etche groups on FB to hear from the horses mouth instead of concluding based on your personal imagination.

Re: Ibos, Ikwerre And Elechi Amadi by DrinkWater10: 7:37pm On Jul 05, 2016
Abagworo:

Ikwerreboy is your moniker but in order to make baseless points you are making ridiculous assertions. Nothing like Ighoroha has existed and will ever exist. No matter the linguistic or orthographic distortion and acrobatics "Ihuru oha" cannot change to Benin language. It is Ikwerre language meaning " face of the people" or "Ihu oha" in Igbo language depending on the dialect. Stop disgracing your people with ludicrous assertions. Real Igbos don't need Ikwerre as part of us as we respect rights of independent existence. Ikwerre is Ikwerre and Igbo is Igbo but we speak alike and bear similar names. Our attitudes to life defines our remarkable difference despite all the similarities.
Why hasnt anyone quoted these texts?
CC Bigmillz Ikwereboy Hopeathand
Re: Ibos, Ikwerre And Elechi Amadi by SpaceTour: 7:37pm On Jul 05, 2016
Nobody gives a fvck about imo state and it's people because they are largely inconsequential worthless poor people without original culture and values.

This is the first time am hearing of this sh1t..is it that this bunch of unnoticed people are seeking for recognition or what?

Onwero ife mmadu ama afu ebea.. cheesy
Re: Ibos, Ikwerre And Elechi Amadi by HopeAtHand: 7:43pm On Jul 05, 2016
DrinkWater10:

Why hasnt anyone quoted these texts?
CC Bigmillz Ikwereboy Hopeathand

I have stated a million times, that we speak similar language, practice similar culture and traditions, but still we arent Igbo because we have decided that our differences, no matter how little, is enough for us not to want to associate with Igbos and not to be called Igbos.

No one is disputing closeness in language and culture. We dont want is we dont want and why is that difficult to grasp. Na wah oo, us it by force to be Igbo. Since they have decided to make us Igbos, we have decided we will accept till thy kingdom comes.

1 Like

Re: Ibos, Ikwerre And Elechi Amadi by cckris: 7:51pm On Jul 05, 2016
Abagworo:

we respect rights of independent existence.

Ikwerre is Ikwerre

and Igbo is Igbo.

By the principles of Offor, in Igbo; & Owho, in Ikwerre; translated Justice or Equity,
which is an undisputed FUNDAMENTAL GUIDING PRINCIPLE OF NATIONAL POLICY, both in Igboland, & in Ikwerreland.
Re: Ibos, Ikwerre And Elechi Amadi by honeychild(f): 8:03pm On Jul 05, 2016
Bigmillz:
How do we speak your language? Wat make my dialect Igbo language? How is our culture similar to you guys? We and you people have nothing in common

Oga to be honest your language is igbo o. I am not igbo, but I learnt igbo from reading books (so that's standard igbo) and I can understand 40-50 percent of what an Ikwerre person from Obio akpor local govt says. That's exactly the same percent of igbo I understand from other igbo speaking people. How do your women dress? Do they not wear blouse, George and Ichafu? Where are the Bini wrappers? Where are the coral head and neck dresses?

1 Like

Re: Ibos, Ikwerre And Elechi Amadi by ROYALD(m): 11:47pm On Jul 05, 2016
Please what is the meaning of the name of the grand ancestor of Ikwere Akalaka.In Benin Language?

1 Like

Re: Ibos, Ikwerre And Elechi Amadi by OdenigboAroli(m): 12:31am On Jul 06, 2016
Abagworo:

The Imo you meet are the Imo people like Orlu, Mbano, Okigwe etc. that Owerri views as same with Anambra and other Igbos different from their locality. To clarify yourself on this issue just go to an interior village in Southern Imo State like Awarra or Umuapu in Ohaji LGA or Umunakara and Agbala in Ngor Okpala LGA or Nekede and Eziobodo in Owerri West LGA or Orji and Emii in Owerri North LGA. Just go where only the villagers are discussing in their indigenous dialect and ask a question in what you think is Omanbala and then listen to their remark. One person must tell you that you speak Isoma language. They don't know the difference.

Again ,it's out of their stack ignorance that they call Omanbalas "Isoma". In Anambra we refer to people of Imo state who we dont know exactly where they come from as "ndi uzo Imo"(people living around Imo state). And going by their Facebook conversation it's evident they are referring to their northern Imo brothers like Orlu or Orsu. This has nothing to do with Omanbalas.

P.S. we don't speak like Orlu people,so,any Igbo person can tell the difference between say Mgbidi dialect and Omanbala.As soon as I open my mouth Owerri people will say I am from Onicha but I will quickly correct them.

1 Like

Re: Ibos, Ikwerre And Elechi Amadi by DLioness(f): 1:53am On Jul 06, 2016
Igboid:

IGBO name AKALAKA. grin

There is one vry wealthy igbo man in kebbi state. He has stayd there for years probably ovr 40 yrs. They gav hm a title at the emirate, the title is 'danjikan gwandu' I. e smtn lik holder or supportr of gwandu. It is smtn of this nature mayb if his descendants return bk to igbo land confusn wl set in as sm wl say 'we ar hausa dt migratd to igboland, my fada was the youngr broda to the then emir '. Well the man despite being in kebbi trys to travel atleast durin festive period to his place bt bcs of kidnapping, he stpd for years. I dnt knw if he has resumd.

1 Like

Re: Ibos, Ikwerre And Elechi Amadi by freshawag: 7:49am On Jul 06, 2016
joeprince23:
you lack intelligence,onithsa people say they want to join delta(anioma),we in oyigbo say we want to reunit with ukwa ppl in abia,afikpo people in ebonyi wants to join abia, and the list goes on and on... This agitation does not have to do with igbos. It is an issue of clans,if you are in a particular state,and those from ur ethnic stock are in minority,you will always want to join state with majority of ur clan. Igbo is not a clan,but ngwa,ikwerre,nsuka etc are clans. Thats why in abia ngwa people are always at loggerhead with other abian,who they call ohuhu,kalabari people refused joining bayelsa state saying they are distint from ijaw,eastern obolo people of akwa ibom are heavely marginalised and they wanna join rivers
u really do understand these things..
Re: Ibos, Ikwerre And Elechi Amadi by ROYALD(m): 8:25pm On Jul 08, 2016
it is not news that a lot of Igbos believe that they migrated from bini.
Re: Ibos, Ikwerre And Elechi Amadi by ROYALD(m): 8:37pm On Jul 08, 2016
OdenigboAroli:

Again ,it's out of their stack ignorance that they call Omanbalas "Isoma". In Anambra we refer to people of Imo state who we dont know exactly where they come from as "ndi uzo Imo"(people living around Imo state). And going by their Facebook conversation it's evident they are referring to their northern Imo brothers like Orlu or Orsu. This has nothing to do with Omanbalas.

P.S. we don't speak like Orlu people,so,any Igbo person can tell the difference between say Mgbidi dialect and Omanbala.As soon as I open my mouth Owerri people will say I am from Onicha but I will quickly correct them.

we call Anambra people Ijegebey

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jimoh Ibrahim In Court To Stop Jegede / Security: LASG To Acquire Surveillance Aircraft To Secure Creeks / Anambra Chief Judge In Land Grabbing Scandal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.