Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,815 members, 7,820,877 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:25 AM

Olisah Metuh Offers To Return N400m, Pledges Support For Anti-Corruption War- SR - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Olisah Metuh Offers To Return N400m, Pledges Support For Anti-Corruption War- SR (35316 Views)

Babangida Can't Wear Shoes Anymore. Nemesis Catches Up With The Evil Genius - SR / PDP Settles For Atiku & Fayose As Presidential Candidate & VP Respectively - SR / Olisa Metuh Willing To Return N400m To FG – Lawyer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Re: Olisah Metuh Offers To Return N400m, Pledges Support For Anti-Corruption War- SR by dvee2: 10:32pm On Jul 10, 2016
abbey621:

You want to teach me about Obama and U.S economic policies? Better stick to topics more familiar to you. I'm sure you are well educated and are not the type to argue with sentiments so I'll break it down for you. Obama introduced comprehensive economic policies(Bailout, reforms to the housing and banking sectors, consumer laws and so on) in his first year, this stopped the bleeding in the first year. The U.S stopped losing jobs and foreclosure rates started declining. This is a sign of a serious president, even with all that he was still criticized because the economy was not adding jobs or growing but just leveling off. Now what do I mean by leveling off? I meant, companies stopped packing up, banks remained open,unemployment rate stopped crashing and the stock market stopped crashing. All this was done in the first year. Now by your reasoning,you expect Nigerians to just sit back and wait till after 4 years before vexing or criticizing? Most sensible Nigerians are not even asking for a vibrant economy, they just want the decline to stop. For how long will the poor masses be able to afford tomatoes at 400% its normal price or watch as essential commodities are no longer affordable? I want you to understand this and understand it well, Buhari met a disaster when he assumed office, we all get that but the citizens did not vote him in to make things worse, Obama got things going in his first year and the people felt it, hopefully Buhari can impact the lives of the masses positively before the end of his second year.

The mare fact that you brought in the tomato issue clearly signifies your lack of understanding of the current Nigerian situation. The current price of tomato has got nothing to do with government policy. This is as a result of a tomato disease that ravage most if not the entire tomato belt in Northern region.
What are the causes of the decline you are referring to in Nigeria? Corruption, Inability to save for a rainy day, dependence on a single source of revenue, power, Insecure environment for investment , security just to mention a few.
Only an objective mind will claim nothing is being done about this.
I mean the removal of petroleum subsidy is not an economic action in your eyes
The adoption of unitary exchange rate is not an economic action in your eyes. The introduction of TSA is also like sitting down and doing nothing in your eyes.
Only a Wailer would not see the connection between fight against corruption and economy, and that is doing nothing to you?
The procedure that was just started to train and employ over a million youth is not an economic step, Log in and register if you are jobless.
All the roads and power infrastructural development earmarked in the budget and already being signed and implemented is not an economic step.
My friend remove the clog in your eyes. Criticize if need be, but be objective. it takes an average of two years to develop and start a viable power project, blaming a government that is barely a year in office for lack of power supply is being ignorant of the fact, even with all things being equal as against things like sabotage from Niger Delta Avengers.
Re: Olisah Metuh Offers To Return N400m, Pledges Support For Anti-Corruption War- SR by richeso: 11:10pm On Jul 10, 2016
i don't trust this new unless its coming from another source.
Re: Olisah Metuh Offers To Return N400m, Pledges Support For Anti-Corruption War- SR by chuwangdaniel42: 11:49pm On Feb 16, 2023
I Stand for and any policy that stands for the good of the Nigerian People and their Prosperity.

I don't want a single suffering of/within my people.

Enough is enough!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Oyo-ita Returns To Work After Rejection Of Retirement / IPOB Journalist Hit By Stray Bullet Fired By Soldiers In Awka (Disturbing Photos / No Sane Person Will Vote For You – Ohaneze Tells Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.