Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,433 members, 7,819,559 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:11 PM

Niger Delta: Buhari, Osinbajo Meet Service Chiefs - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Niger Delta: Buhari, Osinbajo Meet Service Chiefs (19557 Views)

Military Action Still An Option Against Militancy In Niger Delta – Buhari / Bombshell!!! El-rufai, Aisha Kicks As Osinbajo Meet With Service Chiefs / I’ll Do Everything Necessary To Secure Oil Facilities In Niger Delta — Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Niger Delta: Buhari, Osinbajo Meet Service Chiefs by ijustdey: 5:17pm On Jun 30, 2016
Olalekan Adetayo, Abuja

President Muhammadu Buhari and Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo on Thursday met behind closed-doors with the nation’s security chiefs.

The meeting, our correspondent learnt, reviewed the military operations in the troubled Niger Delta region and the ongoing anti-terrorism war in the North East.

Security chiefs who attended the meeting included the Chief of Defence Staff, Gabriel Olonisakin; Chief of Army Staff, Tukur Buratai; Chief of Air Staff, Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar; Chief of Naval Staff, Ibok-Ete Ibas; Director-General of the Department of State Services, Lawal Daura; Director-General, National Intelligence Agency, Mr. Ayo Oke; and the Acting Inspector-General of Police, Mr. Ibrahim Idris.

The meeting was also attended by the Minister of Defence, Brig-Gen. Mansur Dan Ali (retd.); National Security Adviser, Maj.-Gen. Babagana Munguno (retd.); Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Mr. Babachir Lawal; and the Chief of Staff to the President, Mr. Abba Kyari.

They did not speak with journalists at the end of the meeting that lasted over three hours.

Olonisakin quickly moved to his waiting car as he came out of the venue of the meeting.

When Buratai was approached for comment, he directed journalists to the CDS who had already gone out of the premises.

The Presidency did not issue any official statement on either the agenda or outcome of the meeting.

http://punchng.com/niger-delta-buhari-osinbajo-meet-service-chiefs/

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Niger Delta: Buhari, Osinbajo Meet Service Chiefs by veekid(m): 6:33pm On Jun 30, 2016
FTC; wetin I wan talk now? ?? I've got nothing to say

2 Likes

Re: Niger Delta: Buhari, Osinbajo Meet Service Chiefs by Ibro27: 6:34pm On Jun 30, 2016
Really?
Re: Niger Delta: Buhari, Osinbajo Meet Service Chiefs by DonaldGenes(m): 6:34pm On Jun 30, 2016
It shall be well with us, all of us both PDP, APC , APGA Fans...... and which other parties have iForgotten?

God Bless Nigerians is all iGotta say

Long Live Mr.President for during his tenure Swap Naija Application Now in IOS, BBB, Android was developed for Nigerians..

Long Live Nairaland!

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Niger Delta: Buhari, Osinbajo Meet Service Chiefs by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jun 30, 2016
Nigeria should learn from BREXIT.
After then, folks forcing this unholy marriage can take a lesson from Cameron.
All these confused back and forth-oscillatory non-progressive moves ain't gonna help no one.

13 Likes

Re: Niger Delta: Buhari, Osinbajo Meet Service Chiefs by Joel3(m): 6:35pm On Jun 30, 2016
..we will not take it. we will not take it. we want our oil back period.

and meanwhile buhari wife cancelled USA trip today.

Fayose the garage abgero governor has proving he is more stronger than FG. the guy is not somebody the FG can intimidate anyhow.

he is not afraid to go down but to pull down along side heavy weight politicians as well.

he only release 1% of information in his arsenals and the all country is shaking.

by the time he releases 10%. exposing all tinubu and fashola wealth. and all APC members corruption information in his vault. APC will clear road for him.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Niger Delta: Buhari, Osinbajo Meet Service Chiefs by Mopolchi: 6:35pm On Jun 30, 2016
Okay, see how fear hold Buhari. grin the fear of avengers is the beginning of good governance.

3 Likes

Re: Niger Delta: Buhari, Osinbajo Meet Service Chiefs by Harwoyeez(m): 6:35pm On Jun 30, 2016
May God help them

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta: Buhari, Osinbajo Meet Service Chiefs by akilo1: 6:35pm On Jun 30, 2016
Good

2 Likes

Re: Niger Delta: Buhari, Osinbajo Meet Service Chiefs by ruggedboy01: 6:36pm On Jun 30, 2016
Meeting of the north by the north = Alamjiri cum ewedu aganda angry sad

13 Likes

Re: Niger Delta: Buhari, Osinbajo Meet Service Chiefs by Philinho(m): 6:37pm On Jun 30, 2016
I Stand for peace

4 Likes

Re: Niger Delta: Buhari, Osinbajo Meet Service Chiefs by faaiz4ever(m): 6:37pm On Jun 30, 2016
Those people in the meeting did not comment. I cannot comment too

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta: Buhari, Osinbajo Meet Service Chiefs by agabusta: 6:38pm On Jun 30, 2016
Good. The VP is sure been carried along on all fronts.

Chief of Defense staff: Southerner
Chief of Naval staff: Southerner
Head of NIA: Southerner

The way wailers are wailing, someone will think nothing like this is in place.

9 Likes

Re: Niger Delta: Buhari, Osinbajo Meet Service Chiefs by nancybrown(f): 6:38pm On Jun 30, 2016
who da meeting don EPP?
Re: Niger Delta: Buhari, Osinbajo Meet Service Chiefs by Freshwhyte(m): 6:38pm On Jun 30, 2016

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta: Buhari, Osinbajo Meet Service Chiefs by claire675(f): 6:38pm On Jun 30, 2016
yeah good move...it is well

2 Likes

Re: Niger Delta: Buhari, Osinbajo Meet Service Chiefs by olaasiwaju: 6:38pm On Jun 30, 2016
Only Allah knows their discussion, may Allah have mercy upon our nation.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Niger Delta: Buhari, Osinbajo Meet Service Chiefs by mfujah(m): 6:38pm On Jun 30, 2016
i smell trouble.... Avengers better run for ur life...

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Niger Delta: Buhari, Osinbajo Meet Service Chiefs by Ekejoestar(m): 6:40pm On Jun 30, 2016
I will coment later
Re: Niger Delta: Buhari, Osinbajo Meet Service Chiefs by dayotemison: 6:42pm On Jun 30, 2016
what is this meeting for?
Re: Niger Delta: Buhari, Osinbajo Meet Service Chiefs by OCTAVO: 6:42pm On Jun 30, 2016
Ok

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta: Buhari, Osinbajo Meet Service Chiefs by obaino860: 6:42pm On Jun 30, 2016
ijustdey:

http://punchng.com/niger-delta-buhari-osinbajo-meet-service-chiefs/

just watching Nigeria in 4D.......
Meanwhile, this is what happens when a bus driver mistakenly shout London instead of lagos

2 Likes

Re: Niger Delta: Buhari, Osinbajo Meet Service Chiefs by nancybrown(f): 6:43pm On Jun 30, 2016
may d person below me get sense to comment well

Re: Niger Delta: Buhari, Osinbajo Meet Service Chiefs by jhonair: 6:43pm On Jun 30, 2016
undecided
Re: Niger Delta: Buhari, Osinbajo Meet Service Chiefs by mouaue: 6:43pm On Jun 30, 2016

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta: Buhari, Osinbajo Meet Service Chiefs by sirthisthickkal: 6:44pm On Jun 30, 2016
[s]
Joel3:

Fayose the garage abgero governor has proving he is more stronger that FG. this guy is not somebody the FG can intimidate anyhow.

he is not afraid to go down but to pull down along side heavy weight politicians as well.

he only release 1% of information in his arsenals and the all country is shaking.

by the time he releases 10%. exposing all tinubu and fashola wealth. and all APC members corruption information in his vault. APC will clear road for him.

[/s]

arrant nonsense

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta: Buhari, Osinbajo Meet Service Chiefs by ICEFLAME419ja(m): 6:46pm On Jun 30, 2016
I only pray someone develops anti-zombie drugs cause I ain't sure no more them zombies will ever agree that their oga dey f-up, abi na prid? na shame? Na werin abeg 2019 dey near I pray yaall to survive till then,,,, if any zombie is broke call me on me number 0802541233 ur fada

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta: Buhari, Osinbajo Meet Service Chiefs by yakubuadeiza(m): 6:46pm On Jun 30, 2016
Abeg jor......

Who dem Epp?

Make BRT quick reach oshodi make I comment give my belle jor
Re: Niger Delta: Buhari, Osinbajo Meet Service Chiefs by Lanre4uonly(m): 6:46pm On Jun 30, 2016
Ok. All hands must be on deck for our dear country to survive.

God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta: Buhari, Osinbajo Meet Service Chiefs by claire675(f): 6:47pm On Jun 30, 2016
Good luck sir

2 Likes

Re: Niger Delta: Buhari, Osinbajo Meet Service Chiefs by Aaronzy: 6:47pm On Jun 30, 2016
Joel3:

Fayose the garage abgero governor has proving he is more stronger that FG. this guy is not somebody the FG can intimidate anyhow.

Oh God!.....must u always reason with ur anus?....u have got head and brain please make use of it

2 Likes

Re: Niger Delta: Buhari, Osinbajo Meet Service Chiefs by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jun 30, 2016
good development

(1) (2) (Reply)

NNPC Takes Delivery Of Two LPG Carriers(photos) / Setback For Atiku As Yar Adua’s Group Declares Support For Buhari / Garbi Akuyam Resigns As Bauchi Finance Commissioner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.