Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,112 members, 7,811,127 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:10 AM

I’ll Do Everything Necessary To Secure Oil Facilities In Niger Delta — Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’ll Do Everything Necessary To Secure Oil Facilities In Niger Delta — Buhari (23730 Views)

Military Action Still An Option Against Militancy In Niger Delta – Buhari / Militants Blow Up 2 More Oil Facilities In Delta / Niger Delta: Buhari, Osinbajo Meet Service Chiefs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’ll Do Everything Necessary To Secure Oil Facilities In Niger Delta — Buhari by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jun 01, 2016
President Muhammadu Buhari has assured Nigerians that he would do everything necessary to secure oil facilities and other government assets in the Niger Delta region.

The president gave the assurance during the democracy day lecture organised yesterday being Tuesday in Abuja by the Save Democracy Group Africa, to mark the 2016 democracy day.
The theme of the lecture is, the Change Agenda and Sustenance of Nigerian Democracy.

The President was represented by Secretary to Government of the Federation Babachir David Lawal
He said while his government would not shy away from finding non-military solution to the vandalism and destruction of oil facilities in the country, it would not succumb to intimidation and blackmail by any criminal element.

“You will agree with me that two major reasons why our economy is in such a deplorable condition is the slump in crude oil prices.
“It is also due to decline in production as a result of the recent upsurge in activities of criminals and saboteurs in the oil producing region.

“While the control of the selling price of our crude oil is not solely in our hands, the challenge of militancy, criminality and vandalism is solely within our control.
“I therefore wish to restate that I have directed all the nation’s security outfits to take all steps necessary to secure the oil facilities and other government assets in the Niger Delta region.

“While our doors are open to dialogue, political and non-military solution on the matter, this government will not succumb to intimidation and blackmail by criminal element, coming to inflict further unnecessary social and economic hardship on the citizens.’’

He urged the perpetrators to desist from the act or face the consequences.
On insecurity in the North East as well as herdsmen and farmers clashes across the country, the President assured that it would not rest on its oars in finding lasting solution to the problems.

“ In the area of insecurity, I can gladly report that the government has recovered territories hitherto under the control of insurgency in the North East.
“What remains is the ongoing military campaign to mop up pockets of insurgents scattered in forests and mountains of the region.

“In the meantime government has started resettling the returning internally displaced persons to their original localities.
“The challenging task of rebuilding the region will start in earnest with the implementation of the 2016 Budget of Change.

“As to the rampant cattle-herdsmen clashes across the country, the Federal Government is partnering with state governments to find a lasting solution to the unfortunate menace.
“Among the solution being considered is the establishment of animal grazing reserve and other policies targeted at encouraging the nomad herdsmen to adopt modern methods of animal rearing.

“In the meantime, I have directed all security agencies to bring all perpetrators of the clashes to book. I wish to assure all Nigerians that there will be no sacred cows,’’ he said.

He commended the electorate for voting the All Progressives Congress (APC) into power, assuring that his government would continue to work in their interest.
“I can say unequivocally that the electorate made the right choice at the right time considering that this government came into power at the very brink of the collapse of our economy.

“Then for 16 years the nation was charaterised by flagrant misrule and impunity, resulting in unimaginable corruption, insecurity, massive unemployment, and economic meltdown.
“In order to arrest the slide into total social and economic chaos, this government has to take very difficult and painful decisions.
“Decisions required putting the nation back into the path of good governance by the rule of law.

“Restoring hope and security among its citizens and providing a sustainable and enduring environment for employment and economic growth.

He promised that the implementation of some of the government’s reforms would start with the implementation of the 2016 budget.

The guest lecturer, Prof. Ibrahim Gamabari, called for concerted effort to corruption and other vices that had affected development of the country.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/06/ill-everything-necessary-secure-oil-facilities-niger-delta-buhari/

4 Likes

Re: I’ll Do Everything Necessary To Secure Oil Facilities In Niger Delta — Buhari by 1miccza: 12:17pm On Jun 01, 2016
Including eliminating all its inhabitants of course

10 Likes

Re: I’ll Do Everything Necessary To Secure Oil Facilities In Niger Delta — Buhari by AngryNigerian(m): 12:22pm On Jun 01, 2016
...including resigning if shove comes to push, ehkwa?

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ll Do Everything Necessary To Secure Oil Facilities In Niger Delta — Buhari by POWEROFPEACE(m): 12:23pm On Jun 01, 2016
That is supposed to be the number one priority, to secure pipe lines, but the Niger Delta Advengers are still blowing it up. The truth is Government might not be able to stop this people.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I’ll Do Everything Necessary To Secure Oil Facilities In Niger Delta — Buhari by Flets: 12:23pm On Jun 01, 2016
Now lets face it.... Nigeria as we know it have gone to the dogs. Balkanization is imminent unless we salvage it through True Federalism.
Maybe Buhari is the man needed to help grind Nigeria to a halt where True federalism becomes attractive to hard sworn opponents.

Who in his right senses would ever think force would restore crude production in the Niger Delta. Both History and common sense has proven its impossible to increase oil production in the face of insurgency. Even the major oil companies cannot continue production amidst explosions and crossfires. The more Buhari mobilizes warships, gunboats and military to the region, the more the IOCs evacuates their personnel and services from the region.

What is so hard about understanding that there is no hope for a united Nigeria without True Federalism? What is wrong with the black man?

135 Likes 19 Shares

Re: I’ll Do Everything Necessary To Secure Oil Facilities In Niger Delta — Buhari by Tunami(m): 12:24pm On Jun 01, 2016
noted.
Re: I’ll Do Everything Necessary To Secure Oil Facilities In Niger Delta — Buhari by ayzTIGER: 12:27pm On Jun 01, 2016
Get your hands off thier oil and keep'em where they belong... Thats not much to ask

64 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I’ll Do Everything Necessary To Secure Oil Facilities In Niger Delta — Buhari by splendid2: 12:40pm On Jun 01, 2016
Pls I need an urgent answer. I tried posting this on job section bt service reply said I can't post there, maybe because I just joined nairaland. Please is anyone aware of Chevron work schorlarship program. I thought it was real, till they told me to pay money for lodging for the time d training will last, then I started double mind. Please anyone dt knows or hv information should help me.
Re: I’ll Do Everything Necessary To Secure Oil Facilities In Niger Delta — Buhari by mrvitalis(m): 12:45pm On Jun 01, 2016
All foreign investment in Nigeria must be protected

Any attempt or attempted attempt by any unscrupulous person or group of unscrupulous persons shall be decisively dealt with.

Any community who hides this unscrupulous persons shall also face the same faith.... ICC AND armesty international should keep clear we are an independent nation

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’ll Do Everything Necessary To Secure Oil Facilities In Niger Delta — Buhari by Maxi112: 12:53pm On Jun 01, 2016
toothless bull dog. keep on masturbating over our oil, ur end is near.. shameless old man..

Hausa-fulani with oil, that's why dey want one Nigerian... u think we r like the ibos, ask atiku how far

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I’ll Do Everything Necessary To Secure Oil Facilities In Niger Delta — Buhari by MXrep: 12:57pm On Jun 01, 2016
Oil pipelines are more important than human life abi?

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’ll Do Everything Necessary To Secure Oil Facilities In Niger Delta — Buhari by hucienda: 1:05pm On Jun 01, 2016
The only practical brute way is to go there and level the place... (but we know this aint North Korea)

Else na guerrilla warfare Mr President... at the time, locale and choosing of the aggressors.

Till they're apprehended, these guys hold the state by the balls.

4 Likes

Re: I’ll Do Everything Necessary To Secure Oil Facilities In Niger Delta — Buhari by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jun 01, 2016
Diplomacy will pay off.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ll Do Everything Necessary To Secure Oil Facilities In Niger Delta — Buhari by momentumzee: 1:21pm On Jun 01, 2016
hucienda:
The only practical brute way is to go there and level the place... (but we know this aint North Korea)

Else na guerrilla warfare Mr President... at the time, locale and choosing of the aggressors.

Till they're apprehended, these guys hold the state by the balls.
. Lol..bro.. Just like you said... This ain't North korea grin

6 Likes

Re: I’ll Do Everything Necessary To Secure Oil Facilities In Niger Delta — Buhari by IgboDelta: 1:31pm On Jun 01, 2016
Buhari is a clueless, dictatorial and wicked person whose confused government will fail.

22 Likes

Re: I’ll Do Everything Necessary To Secure Oil Facilities In Niger Delta — Buhari by frinx: 1:38pm On Jun 01, 2016
God help my country.
Re: I’ll Do Everything Necessary To Secure Oil Facilities In Niger Delta — Buhari by Firefire(m): 1:39pm On Jun 01, 2016
Okay.

Please also do everything necessary to secure our lives from the Fulani headsmen and our farmlands too.

Thanks

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I’ll Do Everything Necessary To Secure Oil Facilities In Niger Delta — Buhari by Ayoswit(f): 1:39pm On Jun 01, 2016
APC- All promises cancelled...NLC, may 2016.

10 Likes

Re: I’ll Do Everything Necessary To Secure Oil Facilities In Niger Delta — Buhari by looseweight: 1:39pm On Jun 01, 2016
Buari has finally succumbed to NDA treats.

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Do Everything Necessary To Secure Oil Facilities In Niger Delta — Buhari by MrCounselor: 1:40pm On Jun 01, 2016
Of course, as the Commander in Chief...
Re: I’ll Do Everything Necessary To Secure Oil Facilities In Niger Delta — Buhari by ChappyChase: 1:40pm On Jun 01, 2016
Cause that's the only source of Nigeria income and where you Abok!s get your free chops from!
And he is also doing His best in handling the Fulani Mafia,,

3 Likes

Re: I’ll Do Everything Necessary To Secure Oil Facilities In Niger Delta — Buhari by onosprince(m): 1:40pm On Jun 01, 2016
Re: I’ll Do Everything Necessary To Secure Oil Facilities In Niger Delta — Buhari by jstbeinhonest(m): 1:41pm On Jun 01, 2016
MXrep:
Oil pipelines are more important than human life abi?

Where in the write up did he imply such?.Did even you read the write up sef....
Re: I’ll Do Everything Necessary To Secure Oil Facilities In Niger Delta — Buhari by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jun 01, 2016
BABA PMB THE ANSWER TO THIS CALAMITY IS TO SEEK THE FACE OF GOD.

GOD HAS A REAL PROPHET IN THIS NATION BUT WE DON'T RECOGNIZE HIM.

PMB HUMBLE YOURSELF, GET TO GOD'S SERVANT IN IJESHA, LET HIM SPEAK.

ONLY GOD CAN SORT THIS CALAMITY!
Re: I’ll Do Everything Necessary To Secure Oil Facilities In Niger Delta — Buhari by obailala(m): 1:42pm On Jun 01, 2016
AngryNigerian:
...including resigning if shove comes to push, ehkwa?
This is basically what the main actors in the economic sabotage want. Nothing short of Buhari resigning will appease NDA and the other parading militants who are obviously politically linked. But will an African president, let alone a Nigerian president ever resign? Your guess is as good as mine. Sadly, the nationwide suffering running up to 2019 would be mega, and I guess the only food Nigerians would eat at a point would just be insults thrown at Buhari.

7 Likes

Re: I’ll Do Everything Necessary To Secure Oil Facilities In Niger Delta — Buhari by Ucheosefoh(m): 1:42pm On Jun 01, 2016
He will do everything necessary to secure oil facilities but will do nothing to secure human lives been wanted by your Fulani brothers.
Nigeria a country where oil is more precious than human life. smh

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I’ll Do Everything Necessary To Secure Oil Facilities In Niger Delta — Buhari by YourNemesis: 1:42pm On Jun 01, 2016
God have mercy... What is so hard in leaving the Oil alone and focusing on other things?
Nigeria is beginning to irritate me.

Na only Oil dey this world ni? Haba! India is 7 times Nigeria's size, and they have no Oil!!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’ll Do Everything Necessary To Secure Oil Facilities In Niger Delta — Buhari by Ucheosefoh(m): 1:43pm On Jun 01, 2016
He will do everything necessary to secure oil facilities but will do nothing to secure human lives been wanted by your Fulani brothers.
Nigeria a country where oil is more precious than human life. smh

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ll Do Everything Necessary To Secure Oil Facilities In Niger Delta — Buhari by kilokeys(m): 1:44pm On Jun 01, 2016
on their soil?

and for those of u non-indegenes that are crying with buhari..

imagine , if the oil well was in ur father's compound..

8 Likes

Re: I’ll Do Everything Necessary To Secure Oil Facilities In Niger Delta — Buhari by Trendy247: 1:44pm On Jun 01, 2016
[size=20pt]President federal Republic of crude oil [/size]
A very caring president

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I’ll Do Everything Necessary To Secure Oil Facilities In Niger Delta — Buhari by myners007: 1:44pm On Jun 01, 2016
Go Baba Go Baba Go
Re: I’ll Do Everything Necessary To Secure Oil Facilities In Niger Delta — Buhari by VocalWalls: 1:45pm On Jun 01, 2016
undecided

Including decimation?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Save Nigeria Group: Where Are Tunde Bakare And Wole Soyinka? / Osun Youths Protest High Cost Of Living / Coronavirus: Ogun State To Stop Non-Essential Inter-State Movement From Monday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.