Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,647 members, 7,816,660 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:41 PM

Advice Me: I Want To Build A House In Mowe, With Aim Of Renting Out - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Advice Me: I Want To Build A House In Mowe, With Aim Of Renting Out (11737 Views)

To Let: Newly Built 2 Bedroom Flat Grace Court Estate, Mowe (with Pictures) / Top 5 Five Factors To Put Into Consideration When Renting A House In Lagos ! / Factors To Consider When Buying / Renting A House - Comfortable Housing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advice Me: I Want To Build A House In Mowe, With Aim Of Renting Out by samuelson06(m): 9:27am On Jul 01, 2016
jobhuntng:
Hello guys. I want to build a house on 1 Plot in More area, Ogun state. I intend to use this house for rent. Now what am concerned with is that will such Location attract People to rent?. I Await your response. Thanks

Mowe of all places in Ogun state? No light, no good road. Just like that. Well, you can target corpers. Go for self-contained rooms.
Re: Advice Me: I Want To Build A House In Mowe, With Aim Of Renting Out by greggng: 9:39am On Jul 01, 2016
My concern is to introduce you to my nebor whose profession is to build houses. You will be convince at what he will give u at affordable amount. Just give me a calll and I will get back to u with his number 08062593234
Re: Advice Me: I Want To Build A House In Mowe, With Aim Of Renting Out by eph12(m): 9:41am On Jul 01, 2016
Real estate investment is always a good idea any day any time. My advice for you is that you don't build an expensive house because house rent so it can easily be affordable. There is almost nothing to attract the high class people there so don't go all flamboyant in your building so you don't get frustrated.
Re: Advice Me: I Want To Build A House In Mowe, With Aim Of Renting Out by Jcob(m): 10:07am On Jul 01, 2016
Mini flat is Mowe goes for N150,000 average yearly, 2 bedroom/3 bedroom N200k to N250k
Re: Advice Me: I Want To Build A House In Mowe, With Aim Of Renting Out by OlaRB(m): 11:09am On Jul 01, 2016
Mowe is a very Good place to put up such investment. As eph12 has mentioned do not build a flamboyant structure. Mini flats are situable in this location. I also have about 5 Mini flats in Mowe going for 120k annually. Which can be increased with time. If you need further help I will gladly oblige. I have been living in Mowe for over 12 years and I know the terrain very well. The Omonile and estimated cost of building of any type.
Re: Advice Me: I Want To Build A House In Mowe, With Aim Of Renting Out by Buildertobadt: 11:23am On Jul 01, 2016
You can always benefit from our construction materials foundation starter pack

Our Volume Discount Pricing is a great way for you to save big on large, bulk orders of any item available in our store. Escape all the hassles of late delivery, inferior quality, exorbitant prices, lower quantity.

Cement (Depending on Site Location)

301 - 900 bags = 1,550 naira

100-300 = 1,600 naira

Sharp sand - 20 tonnes = 45,000 Naira
Granite - 30 tonnes = 125,000 Naira (Mowe/Beger Axes). Kindly call for other locations prices.
Granite dust - 30 tonnes = 115,000naira

Reinforcement Steel Bars

Nigerian Imported (aka TMT/Tiger) - 1 tonne = 140,000 naira
Locally made........- 1 tonne (12mm and 16mm) = 130,000 naira
Locally made........- 1 tonne (10mm) = 135,000 naira

Wood Planks

1 x 12 plank.....Machine cut = 1150
2 x 3 plank ....Machine cut. = 350

Hollow Block (Vibrated)

6 inches = 150
9 inches = 170

Filling sand

20 tonnes = 38,000

BRC Mesh .............4mm = 15,000
Binding wire .....20kg Bundle = 6,500
Nails .....................1 bag = 5,000 (Local) , 6,500 (UK)
DPM .....................1 roll = 6,000

There is no hassle involved in procuring your home construction materials with us .Simply check WWW.CRIBPARK.COM or call to discuss and schedule your orders.

Jide – 07056556189 OR Dare – 08068839618

You are safe with us; we have a face and have been featured on the media.
http://tribuneonlineng.com/%E2%80%98we-digitally-take-people-market-and-market-them%E2%80%99
https://techpoint.ng/2016/03/01/cribpark-feature/

The prices are based locations in Lagos
Prices are based on bulk discounts and apply when you buy at least 3 different items
Some product prices may vary for different locations
Free delivery for all items except wood
Prices are at current rates, price may change later due to market forces

Buy it all in one place from Nigeria’s 1st ecommerce marketplace for building materials and enjoy the lowest price, free delivery and quality guarantee.
Re: Advice Me: I Want To Build A House In Mowe, With Aim Of Renting Out by habeebobalola(m): 11:57am On Jul 01, 2016
I ve a plot of land for sales at Adesan street mowe. if u re interested contact me on dis number 08066082338 call/whatsapp
Re: Advice Me: I Want To Build A House In Mowe, With Aim Of Renting Out by LANREFORWA: 12:46pm On Jul 01, 2016
Am an Architect, I built house in mowe, a well design and buit 3bedroom goes for 300k, although I would advice more of mini flat, and 2bedroom. Mowe is a good location if it is not inside inside where land is very cheap, u can check around Garage, Loburo, Rccg or thuraya junction, any good house there is a catch and the land overthere is solid no need for costly raft foundation, I have built many houses for people at afordable cost with the right design concept and can be of help to u, if u don't mind, I navigate several location both island and Mainland easily due to proximity tolagos, I also have several building at different stages tht can be bought andupgraded architecturally and completed nice. I also boght and existing structure which I remove to build myown 4br Duples due to nice location, u can get land as wellif udont mind, my emailis afolastrut@yahoo.com or call 08056492103
Re: Advice Me: I Want To Build A House In Mowe, With Aim Of Renting Out by anonimi: 2:03pm On Jul 01, 2016
olumide4christ:
Due to its location, it will attract people. However, the going rent in places like Mowe is very low, as such, the period of recouping back your investment (ROI or return on investment) will be much longer.

Wishing you the best.

ROI in our country is generally too low and one takes forever to recoup his real estate investment.
Any possibility of recouping in less than 5 years? Which area would that be possible?
Re: Advice Me: I Want To Build A House In Mowe, With Aim Of Renting Out by olumide4christ: 4:15pm On Jul 01, 2016
anonimi:

ROI in our country is generally too low and one takes forever to recoup his real estate investment.
Any possibility of recouping in less than 5 years? Which area would that be possible?

[b]Many factors would affect my response. They include cost of land, cost of construction, cost of capital(in cases where the client borrowed funds), rental rates, etc. These factors combine together to affect ROI. These vary from place to place and as such, makes ROI faster or slower.

On a general note, houses built for rental purposes have a long payback period compared to those built for sale. That's the reason why some developers only build to sell & not rent.

The 5 years you mentioned is even very ambitious for lands in many areas including Lagos, 7 years & above is more realistic. Based on experience, I know that in some parts of Abuja, you can have about 5 years payback period, using the location where my personal project is as a case study. The land was about N5 million inclusive of infrastructure, construction cost is estimated at N10million, estimated yearly rental income from all the apartments is about N3 million per year. With the above, I believe 5 years payback period is achievable.

In the final analysis, I believe those who invest in rental properties do so with the motive of having a lifetime investment which they can transfer to coming generations; in such cases, payback period isn't really critical in the investment decision.

To learn more about construction costs & how quantity surveyors can help you make a good investment decision, you can visit my thread in your spare time.
https://www.nairaland.com/2836058/talk-quantity-surveyors-construction-costs

Regards.
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Advice Me: I Want To Build A House In Mowe, With Aim Of Renting Out by anonimi: 4:17pm On Jul 01, 2016
olumide4christ:
Many factors would affect my response. They include cost of land, cost of construction, cost of capital(in cases where the client borrowed funds), rental rates, etc. These factors combine together to affect ROI. These vary from place to place and as such, makes ROI faster or slower.

On a general note, houses built for rental purposes have a long payback period compared to those built for sale. That's the reason why some developers only build to sell & not rent.

The 5 years you mentioned is even very ambitious for lands in many areas including Lagos, 7 years & above is more realistic. Based on experience, I know that in some parts of Abuja, you can have about 5 years payback period, using the location where my personal project is as a case study. The land was about N5 million inclusive of infrastructure, construction cost is estimated at N10million, estimated yearly rental income from all the apartments is about N3 million per year. With the above, I believe 5 years payback period is achievable.

In the final analysis, I believe those who invest in rental properties do so with the motive of having a lifetime investment which they can transfer to coming generations; in such cases, payback period isn't really critical in the investment decision.

Regards.

many thanks for breaking it down.
However building and renting is rather a distorted view of the payback period as you only rent after many months/years of increasing investment before it can be rented.
I am looking at a situation where you buy off someone and put to rent immediately (almost) and still recoup your outlay in 5 years. Looks like it is not possible in our country.
Re: Advice Me: I Want To Build A House In Mowe, With Aim Of Renting Out by olumide4christ: 4:25pm On Jul 01, 2016
anonimi:

many thanks for breaking it down.
However building and renting is rather a distorted view of the payback period as you only rent after many months/years of increasing investment before it can be rented.
I am looking at a situation where you buy off someone and put to rent immediately (almost) and still recoup your outlay in 5 years. Looks like it is not possible in our country.

Buying a house off someone in order to put up for rentals even extends the payback period because the seller would like to make a profit which would make the building more expensive than if you were to construct it personally.

1 Like

Re: Advice Me: I Want To Build A House In Mowe, With Aim Of Renting Out by jobhuntng: 5:44pm On Jul 01, 2016
OlaRB:
Mowe is a very Good place to put up such investment. As eph12 has mentioned do not build a flamboyant structure. Mini flats are situable in this location. I also have about 5 Mini flats in Mowe going for 120k annually. Which can be increased with time. If you need further help I will gladly oblige. I have been living in Mowe for over 12 years and I know the terrain very well. The Omonile and estimated cost of building of any type.

Thanks.
Re: Advice Me: I Want To Build A House In Mowe, With Aim Of Renting Out by anonimi: 5:45pm On Jul 01, 2016
olumide4christ:
Buying a house off someone in order to put up for rentals even extends the payback period because the seller would like to make a profit which would make the building more expensive than if you were to construct it personally.

Thanks.
Therefore the key is to minimise land purchase to house completion time.
Cheers.
Re: Advice Me: I Want To Build A House In Mowe, With Aim Of Renting Out by yusluvad(m): 1:16pm On Aug 18, 2016
Perfect Idea, fast growing and developing environment...
Re: Advice Me: I Want To Build A House In Mowe, With Aim Of Renting Out by uzochi2: 12:08pm On Aug 21, 2016
mowe is a very good place to build a house for rent because is a fast growing area very easy to access any part of lagos, from mowe you cantact engr. ezekiel on 08056731962 for house and lands for sale at good location in mowe, and it environs,
we have lands, 2&3 bedroom bungalow en-suite for sell in a serene and private estate located in mowe, with good road water 24 house security, schools church and recreational facilities. less than 5 minute drive from the redemption camp.

1 Share

Re: Advice Me: I Want To Build A House In Mowe, With Aim Of Renting Out by EngrOsas: 12:17pm On Aug 21, 2016
jobhuntng:
Hello guys. I want to build a house on 1 Plot in More area, Ogun state. I intend to use this house for rent. Now what am concerned with is that will such Location attract People to rent?. I Await your response. Thanks

Mowe favour commercial activities.
Build stores instead.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mud Construction In Nigeria: Any Case Studies? / DIY: Construction Of Residential Units At Harmony Villa [isheri OPIC] / NEW Construction - 3 Bedroom Bungalow - Executive Design

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.