Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,453 members, 7,770,126 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 04:51 AM

Honest Illusions - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Honest Illusions (11243 Views)

Please I Need Honest Criticism On This Story(anya) / My Honest Observation And Critique Of Americanah By Chimanda Adichie / It Pays To Be Honest(a Short Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Honest Illusions by iykekelvins(m): 9:47am On Jul 14, 2016
Can't wait

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Honest Illusions by bummybummy(f): 2:54pm On Jul 14, 2016
wen shld we b xpectn d story of seye?
Re: Honest Illusions by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jul 14, 2016
bummybummy:
wen shld we b xpectn d story of seye?

Tomorrow and I'd give you a mention too smiley
Re: Honest Illusions by daveson07: 8:36pm On Jul 14, 2016
Actually u deserve a kiss from me nd my kisses are very xpensive,here is one 4 u

*moves up to her,holds her lightly nd gives her a long kiss on d cheek,clean off d marykay dat got stuck on mah lips nd says good bye*

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Honest Illusions by Nobody: 1:51am On Jul 15, 2016
daveson07:
Actually u deserve a kiss from me nd my kisses are very xpensive,here is one 4 u

*moves up to her,holds her lightly nd gives her a long kiss on d cheek,clean off d marykay dat got stuck on mah lips nd says good bye*

*collects the expensive kiss and blushes*

Thanks dear
Re: Honest Illusions by CashZamani(m): 7:28am On Jul 15, 2016
(To be contd)[/quote]
Pls be fast girl.
Re: Honest Illusions by ritababe(f): 7:28am On Jul 15, 2016
weldone suigenesis

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Honest Illusions by Nobody: 7:51am On Jul 15, 2016
A true student of the one and only Unique university in nigeria wrote this........nice work bro you're good.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Honest Illusions by Nobody: 8:00am On Jul 15, 2016
achinice:
A true student of the one and only Unique university in nigeria wrote this........nice work bro you're good.

Lol. Yep proudly Unique grin grin

I'm a female btw
Re: Honest Illusions by daveson07: 8:10am On Jul 15, 2016
Suigeneris93:

*collects the expensive kiss and blushes*

Thanks dear

u ar most wlcum
keep up d good work
lemme knw wen d next episode cums onlin

Re: Honest Illusions by Nobody: 8:23am On Jul 15, 2016
daveson07:

u ar most wlcum
keep up d good work
lemme knw wen d next episode cums onlin

Thanks

I mentioned you on the thread tho
Re: Honest Illusions by Peacefulgold(m): 9:08am On Jul 15, 2016
Suigeneris93:

Thanks dear smiley
My dear u ain't writing to urself,I'm so captivated in ur rite up dat I cant pause to comment....just looking for d continuation at each end...really enjoying myself....tanx to u
Re: Honest Illusions by Peacefulgold(m): 10:07am On Jul 15, 2016
Suigeneris93:
Episode 20

She opened her eyes hours later. It was dark, and the light bulbs were off. In the glimmer of light from the hallway that streamed underneath the closed door, she could see her mother's figure on a chair at the foot of her bed.

"Honey, I will be here all night. Sleep. Rest," she said. She got up and sat on her bed. She caressed her hair. "I was so scared when they called and told me what had happened. I've prayed more than I thought I could these past few days. Now the doctor says you're going to be okay." She traced her hand down Oprah's cheeks that had looked swollen and puffy the day before. "Your father has been by your bedside every night these past three days. He has not slept a wink."

Oprah's smile was wan as she looked at her mother in the dim room. At least her and her father had gotten over their differences to attend to their child. She felt herself drifting away again.

Two days later...

Seye told her that evening that she would be discharged in two days. But she would not be going back to her room. She would be coming to school from her father's place on Sani Abacha, Old GRA. It was going to be quite a shuttle to school from Town but that had been the only compromise her mother was able to reach with her father who had wanted her sent abroad to continue her studies.

Seye had told her mother all that had transpired between Oprah and Chris. Chris was overwhelmingly protective and jealous that's why he had been livid that day. Justice Williams had wanted him to rot in prison for what he did to her daughter but he'd gotten off with a light sentence because of his parent's influence.

"I don't even know where to start," Oprah muttered after he was done. "It was so foolish of me to think he had changed and actually hope for a future of us together."

Seye took one of her hands in his, "it wasn't dear. Its just a part of the human nature to always look for some good in others."

"I guess. Sometimes I wish I could be like you Seye, wise, thoughtful and so at peace with yourself and everyone," Oprah sighed.

A soft smile played on Seye's lips as he stared deeply into her eyes, "I wasn't always like this, infact I was the direct opposite of this," he said gesticulating at himself, "several years ago."

"Oh wow, I find that quite hard to believe."

"Believe it dear, everyone has a past and Seye Akintunde's was really messy."

Well, you're in luck," she said smiling. "I'm in the mood for a nice bedtime story."

Seye's smile widened brightening his features as his fingers softly caressed her hands, "Alright then." He said softly.

The End.

Watch out for Seye's story in all new episodes of 'Guilty Pleasures' coming soon.
Dat was nice....tanx for making my morning....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Honest Illusions by Nobody: 10:15am On Jul 15, 2016
Peacefulgold:

My dear u ain't writing to urself,I'm so captivated in ur rite up dat I cant pause to comment....just looking for d continuation at each end...really enjoying myself....tanx to u

Awwwwn

I really appreciate this. Thanks a lot
Re: Honest Illusions by Peacefulgold(m): 10:20am On Jul 15, 2016
Suigeneris93:

Awwwwn

I really appreciate this. Thanks a lot
And truely at d end u didn't disappoint me....dat was very swt and luvly...looking forward to more from u....tanx once again...and just for d record wat d story line was so real...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Honest Illusions by Ritajovy(f): 10:29am On Jul 15, 2016
A very very very nyc story........Please I wnt d 2nd part of d story!
Re: Honest Illusions by Ekunsticated(m): 12:06pm On Jul 15, 2016
Intresting kip it up guy.... I dy enjoy am
Re: Honest Illusions by Edezz(m): 12:14pm On Jul 15, 2016
The End...just lyk dat...its not fair o...i will cry o...
#Team_Na_wewe
Re: Honest Illusions by laikas: 12:49pm On Jul 15, 2016
Suigeneris93:

Tomorrow and I'd give you a mention too smiley
nice story, dnt 4get to mention me too.
Re: Honest Illusions by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jul 15, 2016
Suigeneris93:

I'm a female btw
ok nice one unique sis
Re: Honest Illusions by ucheclub(m): 1:41pm On Jul 15, 2016
wow
Re: Honest Illusions by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jul 15, 2016
Suigeneris93:

I'm a female btw
where did u get the name wene?did u do English.....dat name belongs to my bro
Re: Honest Illusions by cherrybrown(f): 4:53pm On Jul 15, 2016
My wonderful friends on nairaland join me and thank the God almighty for am +1 today is not by my power but for his love and kindness to me.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Honest Illusions by christisreal: 7:44pm On Jul 15, 2016
nice story dear.You captured my attention especially with the part where she became born again.Reminds me of a similar experience I had.more grace dear.

2 Likes

Re: Honest Illusions by AndyAustin(m): 11:44am On Jul 16, 2016
Everly Unique uniport! Nice one bae, u took my back.. down memory lane #Aluu#ps hall#choba and environs....u create ur pictures so vivid and clear.. like real. Nice one.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Honest Illusions by Nobody: 11:18am On Jul 17, 2016
achinice:
where did u get the name wene?did u do English.....dat name belongs to my bro

Really? There are a lot of Wene's you know?
Re: Honest Illusions by Cornerstone001: 4:55pm On Jul 17, 2016
This is incredible.
Suigeneris93 God Bless you real good.
Please, kindly metion me too on your subsequent stories. wink thank you

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Honest Illusions by kaziblake(f): 8:53am On Jul 19, 2016
Thumbs up dear smiley
Cc:suigeneirs93

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Honest Illusions by missrock(f): 8:06am On Jul 22, 2016
cool story

1 Like

Re: Honest Illusions by missrock(f): 8:06am On Jul 22, 2016
weldone

2 Likes

Re: Honest Illusions by omajali2003(m): 11:20pm On Jul 22, 2016
Great piece! You made my night

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Honest Illusions by Laveda(f): 11:41pm On Jul 24, 2016
Suigeneris93:
Episode 20

She opened her eyes hours later. It was dark, and the light bulbs were off. In the glimmer of light from the hallway that streamed underneath the closed door, she could see her mother's figure on a chair at the foot of her bed.

"Honey, I will be here all night. Sleep. Rest," she said. She got up and sat on her bed. She caressed her hair. "I was so scared when they called and told me what had happened. I've prayed more than I thought I could these past few days. Now the doctor says you're going to be okay." She traced her hand down Oprah's cheeks that had looked swollen and puffy the day before. "Your father has been by your bedside every night these past three days. He has not slept a wink."

Oprah's smile was wan as she looked at her mother in the dim room. At least her and her father had gotten over their differences to attend to their child. She felt herself drifting away again.

Two days later...

Seye told her that evening that she would be discharged in two days. But she would not be going back to her room. She would be coming to school from her father's place on Sani Abacha, Old GRA. It was going to be quite a shuttle to school from Town but that had been the only compromise her mother was able to reach with her father who had wanted her sent abroad to continue her studies.

Seye had told her mother all that had transpired between Oprah and Chris. Chris was overwhelmingly protective and jealous that's why he had been livid that day. Justice Williams had wanted him to rot in prison for what he did to her daughter but he'd gotten off with a light sentence because of his parent's influence.

"I don't even know where to start," Oprah muttered after he was done. "It was so foolish of me to think he had changed and actually hope for a future of us together."

Seye took one of her hands in his, "it wasn't dear. Its just a part of the human nature to always look for some good in others."

"I guess. Sometimes I wish I could be like you Seye, wise, thoughtful and so at peace with yourself and everyone," Oprah sighed.

A soft smile played on Seye's lips as he stared deeply into her eyes, "I wasn't always like this, infact I was the direct opposite of this," he said gesticulating at himself, "several years ago."

"Oh wow, I find that quite hard to believe."

"Believe it dear, everyone has a past and Seye Akintunde's was really messy."

Well, you're in luck," she said smiling. "I'm in the mood for a nice bedtime story."

Seye's smile widened brightening his features as his fingers softly caressed her hands, "Alright then." He said softly.

The End.

Watch out for Seye's story in all new episodes of 'Guilty Pleasures' coming soon.

Awesome!

I just completed it today ... I'd move to the next, thumbs up darl kiss

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

List Best Military Organized Crime Inclined Story You Have Read On Nairaland / The Seer...in Your Mind! / Ayobami Adebayo Wins £15,000 9mobile Prize For Literature

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.