Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,198 members, 7,818,657 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:06 PM

Please Reopen The Nigerian Maritime University; N13b Not For Land Alone. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Please Reopen The Nigerian Maritime University; N13b Not For Land Alone. (558 Views)

How The Igbos Managed To Develop their War Torn Land Alone Makes Me Cry / Osinbajo Promises Full Academic Take-Off Of Nigerian Maritime University / Ibe Kachikwu Visits Maritime University Site Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Reopen The Nigerian Maritime University; N13b Not For Land Alone. by finallytalking: 9:31am On Jul 01, 2016
Why would somebody be so vindictive and wicked to his own person. The honourable minister of transport, Hon. Rotimi Amaechi is doing all within his powers to truncate the establishment of the Nigerian Maritime University in Okerenkoko, Delta state. He has publicly stated that N13b was spent in procuring the land for the institution. This is not the truth. What he is failing to say is that the school already has a temporary takeoff campus in kurutie, with various buildings in varying stages of completion.
This temporary site, the land and buildings and the land for the permanent site all make up this sum of N13b.
What is he going to gain by punishing his own people.
Please, let's not let this laudable project die. It will benefit the people of the Niger delta and this nation.
Here is a sponsored advertorial showing some the buildings in the temporary site.

Re: Please Reopen The Nigerian Maritime University; N13b Not For Land Alone. by ojofree: 9:38am On Jul 01, 2016
Since i saw the town hall meeting disagreement video between Amaechi and Kachikwu, I have wondered what the transport minister stand to gain by depriving his people of development. The right thing should be done and this project must see the light of day.
These are some of the reasons why we have the Niger Delta agitations; No development.
Re: Please Reopen The Nigerian Maritime University; N13b Not For Land Alone. by TyrantInAsoRock: 9:41am On Jul 01, 2016
Amueshi is trying to be smart

He knows politically he's dead in. ss/se

His survival hinges on APC retaining the Central therefore he's trying to please those that controls the NORTH

1 Like

Re: Please Reopen The Nigerian Maritime University; N13b Not For Land Alone. by finallytalking: 9:52am On Jul 01, 2016
And we keep hearing and castigating the agitations in the Niger delta, with adequate development, there will not be any justification for these agitations. Sometimes I question the reasoning of some of our political leaders.
Re: Please Reopen The Nigerian Maritime University; N13b Not For Land Alone. by Edafeonoriode: 12:23pm On Jul 01, 2016
THE TRAGEDY OF A NATION: AMAECHI CAN ONLY SURVIVE AS A MINISTER IN A JUNGLE LIKE NIGERIA. I CAN BET YOU THAT AMAECHI AND HIS CRONIES HAVE NOT VISITED THE MARITIME UNIVERSITY SITE BEFORE MAKING HIS ILL INFORMED STATEMENT. ANY RIGHT THINKING PERSON EITHER FROM ANY PART OF THE COUNTRY CAN EASILY DISCERN THAT AMAECHI IS ON A VENDETTA AGAINST JONATHAN AND ANYTHING HE HAD ACHIEVED WHILE IN OFFICE.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Ondo APC Primary:50 Aspirants Battle For Ticket / Apc Presidential Candidate Zone To The South / Fg Fired Management Of Niger Delta Power Holding Company

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.