Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,097 members, 7,814,858 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:03 PM

Is This The Difference Between An Igbo Party And A Yoruba Party? - Events (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Is This The Difference Between An Igbo Party And A Yoruba Party? (82277 Views)

Things Any Groom At A Yoruba Introduction Ceremony Will Remember / See What Was Shared As Souvenir At A Yoruba Party And Reactions / A White Man Marrying A Yoruba Lady (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is This The Difference Between An Igbo Party And A Yoruba Party? by bebe2(f): 3:24pm On Jul 01, 2016
cococandy:
I've never been to a Yoruba party but I heard they are the bomb. Well everyone can't be lying.
Although I've to try it first before making my comparison.

So who's getting married? Abeg do invite me. Party rice dey hungry me. embarassed
In fact don't marry. Just rename your child, or your dog. Anything ejoor. Just invite me.

Sambarry, tearoses, bebe2, anybody, somebody pls embarassed
shocked

How have I survived all these years.

Can u pls come to Manchester tmrw, I have two lined up grin

Wedding and birthday, make we go show them how do our thing cool cool

1 Like

Re: Is This The Difference Between An Igbo Party And A Yoruba Party? by cococandy(f): 3:24pm On Jul 01, 2016
prettyslimme:
am inviting u to my wedding,13th of.aug.am yoruba and my boo is too.ull not be disappointed wt all uve heard.
Congratulations dear. smiley

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This The Difference Between An Igbo Party And A Yoruba Party? by lordkhalifa(m): 3:25pm On Jul 01, 2016
omoharry:
I know the very essence of going to a party is to honour the celebrant..no prblem with that.. but what is the essence of the whole meriment when you can not even eat that very party jollof rice and correct meat and kpomo you have been especting to complement the whole occasion..come one na.lol..not everybody drinks like that..anyway..i am just stating my mind but that does not make me a manurished person..I always look forward to eating that party rice and assorted stew sauce meat , cooked with firewood when ever i am invited to attend one. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
one day Dem go give u food poison... Longer throat cheesygrincheesy ...
Re: Is This The Difference Between An Igbo Party And A Yoruba Party? by tonquendo4u(m): 3:27pm On Jul 01, 2016
omoharry:
I have attended several Igbo parties and that of the Yoruba..To be honest..Abeg i prefer the yoruba party..food, meat and drinks are readily available..food is usually not sufficient in Igbo party like that becos they must have invested that money on other things to show of at the party such as expensive wines and alcohols.so you will drink enough sha.but food is usally not in abudance.as for meat..just know that you are eating your rice with either a small meat or a largh chunk that looks like meat but is filled up with bones....abeg i prefer the yoruba owambe..i always come back happy and satisfied whenever i embark on any owambe than the other one..i am not a yoruba person so i know what i am talking about..
You no get food for house?D day I will wed,no food,just drinks and alcohol.You'll drink and spray me ur house rent grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Is This The Difference Between An Igbo Party And A Yoruba Party? by lordkhalifa(m): 3:28pm On Jul 01, 2016
prettyslimme:
u eat beforw.coming to ur party cos u know wat to expect.no food only drinks so u come prepared.yoruba wedding ull hv bn.informed earlier to fast for days cos u.must surely eat I..abundance
I came to party to honour an invitation and show my swag not to eat free ewedu and amala and go without dropping anything for the celebrant
Re: Is This The Difference Between An Igbo Party And A Yoruba Party? by cococandy(f): 3:28pm On Jul 01, 2016
bebe2:

shocked

How have I survived all these years.

Can u pls come to Manchester tmrw, I have two lined up grin

Wedding and birthday, make we go show them how do our thing cool cool
if wishes were horses cry

2 Likes

Re: Is This The Difference Between An Igbo Party And A Yoruba Party? by Brimstone1: 3:29pm On Jul 01, 2016
Some people can't just discuss without hurling insults.

1 Like

Re: Is This The Difference Between An Igbo Party And A Yoruba Party? by Earth2Metahuman: 3:29pm On Jul 01, 2016
obailala:
Lol... If i'm the celebrant, I prefer Igbo party; but if i'm just a guest, Yoruba party all the way tongue grin
obailala is smart grin
Re: Is This The Difference Between An Igbo Party And A Yoruba Party? by obailala(m): 3:29pm On Jul 01, 2016
iamDiabolic:
ole,see ya mouth u to like money nd food.I wan invite u come ijaw party u go come
Ijaw party dey usually get freshly brewed kai-kai.. so why not grin grin
Re: Is This The Difference Between An Igbo Party And A Yoruba Party? by jhenie(f): 3:31pm On Jul 01, 2016
Igbo parties rocks, its fun with enough enticing and entertaining stuff on ground except u are going for the food then Yoruba will do. I don't care much about party food so please igbo parties will do.

2 Likes

Re: Is This The Difference Between An Igbo Party And A Yoruba Party? by omoharry(f): 3:34pm On Jul 01, 2016
tonquendo4u:
You no get food for house?D day I will wed,no food,just drinks and alcohol.You'll drink and spray me ur house rent grin grin grin grin
LOL..i get food but party rice is just different..even you can acknowlege that..Well if you dont expect your guest to eat well at your party, then there is no need keeping them at your party venue for more than 3hrs...dont you know some people might develop ulser?
Re: Is This The Difference Between An Igbo Party And A Yoruba Party? by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jul 01, 2016
ameezy:
Useless post useless thread
There's something about the picture of that man flogging that boy that makes me cringe.
Re: Is This The Difference Between An Igbo Party And A Yoruba Party? by chachanga: 3:45pm On Jul 01, 2016
cococandy:
I've never been to a Yoruba party but I heard they are the bomb. Well everyone can't be lying.
Although I've to try it first before making my comparison.

So who's getting married? Abeg do invite me. Party rice dey hungry me. embarassed
In fact don't marry. Just rename your child, or your dog. Anything ejoor. Just invite me.

Sambarry, tearoses, bebe2, anybody, somebody pls embarassed

yOUr DA BOMB grin grin grin
Leave all the wranglers, who says you can't even have fun at both type of parties depending on your mood and preference!

NB
Na ABJ we dey 4now; wld hav sent u a shoutout for a good get2geda come weekend; Salah break not withstanding, enuf gigs dey!

1 Like

Re: Is This The Difference Between An Igbo Party And A Yoruba Party? by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jul 01, 2016
I enjoy both but observe that in Yoruba parties some people be so secretive and only serving a portion of the guests and hoarding champagne like one can't send them a carton on a good day

Treat people well na so you go reach heaven dey search for gatepass na your heart o not your money
Re: Is This The Difference Between An Igbo Party And A Yoruba Party? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jul 01, 2016
yungmill:
Difference is some came to give in abundance while some came to eat and take in abundance undecided
[size=22pt]Boss uv said it all[/size]
Re: Is This The Difference Between An Igbo Party And A Yoruba Party? by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jul 01, 2016
cococandy:

Gosh I love party rice. The flavor is unique

Yeah, it's very different from home-cooked rice, especially the jolloff rice. It's usually ultra-red for one. And very tasty. Ohhh I could slabber at it all day.

I don't know if I'll have time for pounded yam and those other heavy foods

Tell another lie. Does it take lesser time to eat rice than pounded yam? Admit it, you're too self-conscious to eat with your bare hands in public? grin
And you dare not try to eat local food with the cutlery in my grandma's presence. You would get whacked for attempting such grin

But heck I might try it as well. Who cares if I put on 5 pounds on that day alone grin

Oga would care. cheesy

What's efo elese merin?

It literally means: 'a vegetable that has four legs'.

Funny, right?

2 Likes

Re: Is This The Difference Between An Igbo Party And A Yoruba Party? by isan(m): 3:53pm On Jul 01, 2016
I don't joke with yoruba party oooo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This The Difference Between An Igbo Party And A Yoruba Party? by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jul 01, 2016
[quote author=Thobiy post=47102153][/quote]
bro dat ws nt meant 4 u... i wanted quote d guy u quoted how can i call u ediot?

1 Like

Re: Is This The Difference Between An Igbo Party And A Yoruba Party? by saintdennis(m): 3:56pm On Jul 01, 2016
9ja4show:

Your father should have masturbated the sperm that formed the idiot you have become

Smiles...Proverbs 23:9.
Re: Is This The Difference Between An Igbo Party And A Yoruba Party? by Ihuomadinihu: 4:00pm On Jul 01, 2016
Basically,Igbos are self sufficient and sensitive people who believe in showcasing achievements and greatness to the world,consequently same traits are also applied in ceremonies and events. The average Igbo man attending a party does act like a glutton because he believes his own food is sufficient for him and he knows that swallowing every food available at the party is a dent on his honour and prestige.
Actually,igbos are not hungry people looking for where to eat download food. On the contrary,we believe in blessing the celebrants with enamorous Gifts and Cash. Ceremony in Igboland is an opportunity to gather your friends and have them show solidarity for you.
The cash and gifts symbolize that you have people who have achieved enough not to be stingy with their wealth.
The cash and money realized at the end of the day will be used to offset expenses,which will go a long way in preventing abject poverty.
It's unfortunate that some people that i would'lt mention see it as showoff and boring . It's our lifestyle and we are proud of it.
Only guttons go to party to eat everything on the menu!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This The Difference Between An Igbo Party And A Yoruba Party? by IamOpemipo(m): 4:08pm On Jul 01, 2016
prettyslimme:
am inviting u to my wedding,13th of.aug.am yoruba and my boo is too.ull not be disappointed wt all uve heard.

Omo see as u set like the sun @ 5pm, u guy lucky gan an..wen and wia Is ya weddin, i'd like to attend grin
Re: Is This The Difference Between An Igbo Party And A Yoruba Party? by Twistaray(m): 4:09pm On Jul 01, 2016
Ihuomadinihu:
Basically,Igbos are self sufficient and sensitive people who believe in showcasing achievements and greatness to the world,consequently same traits are also applied in ceremonies and events. The average Igbo man attending a party does act like a glutton because he believes his own food is sufficient for him and he knows that swallowing every food available at the party is a dent on his honour and prestige.
Actually,igbos are not hungry people looking for where to eat download food. On the contrary,we believe in blessing the celebrants with enamorous Gifts and Cash. Ceremony in Igboland is an opportunity to gather your friends and have them show solidarity for you.
The cash and gifts symbolize that you have people who have achieved enough not to be stingy with their wealth.
The cash and money realized at the end of the day will be used to offset expenses,which will go a long way in preventing abject poverty.
It's unfortunate that some people that i would'lt mention see it as showoff and boring . It's our lifestyle and we are proud of it.
Only guttons go to party to eat everything on the menu!

Do you have issue with inferiority complex?

What's with all these this sermons abeg

Every tribe has it uniqueness,strength an weakness, and with great personalities and wealth. So spare us the chest beating sermon.

At OP.
Still on the matter. Proudly yoloba boi grin
Winks#

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This The Difference Between An Igbo Party And A Yoruba Party? by showlex2: 4:18pm On Jul 01, 2016
Money spraying
Stuntkid172:
op Igbo boys said it all. (money spying machine)
Re: Is This The Difference Between An Igbo Party And A Yoruba Party? by UIA04(f): 4:19pm On Jul 01, 2016
omoharry:
I have attended several Igbo parties and that of the Yoruba..To be honest..Abeg i prefer the yoruba party..food, meat and drinks are readily available..food is usually not sufficient in Igbo party like that becos they must have invested that money on other things to show of at the party such as expensive wines and alcohols.so you will drink enough sha.but food is usally not in abudance.as for meat..just know that you are eating your rice with either a small meat or a largh chunk that looks like meat but is filled up with bones....abeg i prefer the yoruba owambe..i always come back happy and satisfied whenever i embark on any owambe than the other one..i am not a yoruba person so i know what i am talking about..

general secretary in charge of party goers association I hail oooooooo
Re: Is This The Difference Between An Igbo Party And A Yoruba Party? by Thobiy(m): 4:21pm On Jul 01, 2016
Nzeokafor:
[size=40pt]I.DIOT[/size]
E pain am. FOOL

3 Likes

Re: Is This The Difference Between An Igbo Party And A Yoruba Party? by Wesely01(m): 4:26pm On Jul 01, 2016
Okijajuju1:
Trueeeee

Honestly the Yorubas are the king of partying..

Even their introduction sef na party.

Lolz, also family meeting too Na party you go chop and pray make family members no go their houses again.
Re: Is This The Difference Between An Igbo Party And A Yoruba Party? by Ihuomadinihu: 4:31pm On Jul 01, 2016
Twistaray:

Do you have issue with inferiority complex?

What's with all these this sermons abeg

Every tribe has it uniqueness,strength an weakness, and with great personalities and wealth. So spare us the chest beating sermon.

At OP.
Still on the matter. Proudly yoloba boi grin
Winks#
If you consider it a sermon then what's the essence of responding to it? Nairaland is an open forum,
i saw an interesting post and decided to post my opinion which is insightful and not intended to cause division or elicit unintelligent replies from folks like you!
There is no inferiority complex in explaining why Igbos take to spraying money at parties as against Yoruba's love for food. They are two different lifestyles which shouldn't be pitted against each other.
Take your childish remarks elsewhere! Some of you respond foolishly to people's comments!

2 Likes

Re: Is This The Difference Between An Igbo Party And A Yoruba Party? by elisra(m): 4:36pm On Jul 01, 2016
KnightRod:
Lol.. I'm Igbo, but I don't attend Igbo parties/functions anymore.. It ain't fun.. They do too much talking, the food is scarce, the meat is petty, and don't even let me talk about the drinks..

Igbo men have this hungry ego.. They always want to feel above their peers. My dad once changed 100k to dollars, just to spray his friend's daughter at her wedding.. Why?? Just because Others were spraying naira and he wanted to show them they don't call him 'Chief' for nothing

But some folks have not even taken as little as a bottle of coke at the wedding, and they were watching people spray dollars and naira on their empty stomachs.

But a yoruba party is always dah bomb!! You must eat to your satisfaction! Assorted food.. Assorted drinks.. Even ordinary naming ceremony.. They don't joke with the food.. They make sure it's available for everyone!!

Then the colourful attires.. Lol.. Really nice.
there is no need wasting money on food in an igbo party since we have this attitude of "didnt you eat at home?"
truth is that the most important things are drinks and gifts and brown envelopes because children and some destitutes around will be the ones to eat the food most times.

1 Like

Re: Is This The Difference Between An Igbo Party And A Yoruba Party? by kstix(m): 4:40pm On Jul 01, 2016
saintdennis:

Thank you sir... when is the award ceremony?

And it's not spelt fooly it's spelt folly.
Proves u fit into the 'make it @ any cost category. Run along
lol. Na una two be olodo. He actually meant foolery. To depict a fool according to context

1 Like

Re: Is This The Difference Between An Igbo Party And A Yoruba Party? by shumax: 4:45pm On Jul 01, 2016
I am a northerner but Lagos Born and bred so I am going to try my best to be unbiased the Igbos traditionally honour events and people by giving and thats why infact it is often said an Igbo man recovers almost everything he spends in an event by the end of the event, I agree Igbos arent really good at mixing up at their parties every click sticks with their own, Yoruba's on the other hand honour events by a show of solidarity,the host of this events reciprocate by being good host making show their guest are taken good care of, In most cases Igbos dont go to events to be entertained or fed they to go to give and show effizy while yoruba's go to event to celebrate and in turn be taken care of. In General I feel safer with the Yorubas.

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Is This The Difference Between An Igbo Party And A Yoruba Party? by omoharry(f): 4:46pm On Jul 01, 2016
UIA04:

general secretary in charge of party goers association I hail oooooooo
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cool
Re: Is This The Difference Between An Igbo Party And A Yoruba Party? by dobys(f): 4:46pm On Jul 01, 2016
omoharry:

hmmmmm for you to eat enugh n take home u must knw eider d groom or d bride personally. being to yoruba wedding came home with only toothpick in my mouth. igbo weddings u may not eat n have take away or be soo full dat u cant move buh u wee sha eat weda u knw d bride or groom or not. yesssoooooo igbos we lyk 2 show off idk if u have a problem with dat. dey work hard n spend hard smiley smiley smiley simple

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Why The Delta Bride Ran From The Wedding Reception - Close Friend / Helen Ukpabio Buries Her Father With A Pawpaw Shaped Coffin In Akwa Ibom(photos) / Lady's Cleave-Baring Outfit To Ehi Ogbebor's Wedding Trends Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.