Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,064 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:41 AM

What To Do To Retrieve My Share Back After I Lost Share Certificate - Investment (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / What To Do To Retrieve My Share Back After I Lost Share Certificate (15777 Views)

I Lost 285k & $550 To Get Help World Wide Ghwx / Man Who Drank Insecticide Over MMM Crash Speaks: "I lost N750,000" / Help: I Bought Zenith Shares In 2004 But I Lost My Documents. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What To Do To Retrieve My Share Back After I Lost Share Certificate by ernie4life(m): 2:46pm On Jul 03, 2016
moscyt:

How do I monitor my shares and everything? my siblings and I have shares in like 5companies, we do get the dividends but it stopped since like 2009. How do I monitor, claim all the dividends or sell off the shares?

do you have a cscs account? if no go get one, de materialise your shares( put them in one portfolio) write a letter to the respective registrars to give your outstanding bonus and dividend through your stockbroker
Re: What To Do To Retrieve My Share Back After I Lost Share Certificate by Lighthouseman: 2:51pm On Jul 03, 2016
Write to the registrar of the company in question. But I guess u don't have details of ur certificate number et al
Re: What To Do To Retrieve My Share Back After I Lost Share Certificate by ikeno(m): 2:56pm On Jul 03, 2016
I never received any dividend on shares I purchased years back. what should I do? sky bank and daar communications.
Re: What To Do To Retrieve My Share Back After I Lost Share Certificate by kepsi123(m): 3:00pm On Jul 03, 2016
Thanks for this thread! I really need help. I bought zenith bank shares way back in the early 2000's. My share certificate messed up my name and gave me a wife and daughter in the process. I took the certificate to a stock broker who packed up and left to a location I cannot determine. Any idea how I can recover this shares. I have not claimed 10kobo since I bought it and it is annoying. I'd apreciate help!
Re: What To Do To Retrieve My Share Back After I Lost Share Certificate by tunene66: 3:01pm On Jul 03, 2016
microben4luv:
Thanks bro for you information, I just bought in public offer, don't have any stock broker, can I just meet any stock broker to help out, also how do they charge for that?

Go to the registrars I believe they can be of help
Re: What To Do To Retrieve My Share Back After I Lost Share Certificate by treasurevee9(f): 3:07pm On Jul 03, 2016
Write a letter addressed to the registrar for the collection of your share certificate. For transcorp it's african prudential but don't knw for dunlop. Take the letter to your stockbroker to take ro the registrar on ur behalf. Your broker will give u a full dematerialisation form to fill and sign with ur passport photograph attached to it. If u don't av a broker, look 4 any stockbroking firm and open an account wit dem. U will be needing a valid means of i.d (int'l passport /driver's license/voters' card/natnal id card) den a current utility bill. U also av 2 fill a k.y.c form 2 enable dem open a cscs account 4 u. D letter nd oda supporting docs will be taken to the registar nd ur cscs account will be credited wit d units of share av. In case d registar does not av ur signature specimen, dey will ask 4 a banker's confirmation addressed to dem or you fill and sign a transfer form which will be taken to cscs for your signature to be lodged. U will be needing ur transaction history for u 2 be able to fill the transfer form
Re: What To Do To Retrieve My Share Back After I Lost Share Certificate by MrTour: 3:07pm On Jul 03, 2016
itzdeejay:
I have a multi-million dollar idea that needs..#500,000 - #1,000,000 as capital....within 2months....the capital have been multiplied times 10 folds..... Contact me if you have capital for partnership.
Nigerians and 419 ideas are like this

Re: What To Do To Retrieve My Share Back After I Lost Share Certificate by brightgreat(m): 4:00pm On Jul 03, 2016
toideve:

Take your idea to Bank PHB. I am sure they would gladly help you out.

#Epic response, all dis scammers sef, scamming is now so cheap dat every dick and harry now gets involved

2 Likes

Re: What To Do To Retrieve My Share Back After I Lost Share Certificate by nnaemekanwachuk(m): 4:10pm On Jul 03, 2016
toideve:

Take your idea to Bank PHB. I am sure they would gladly help you out.
nice idea bro
Re: What To Do To Retrieve My Share Back After I Lost Share Certificate by shinechinedu(m): 4:20pm On Jul 03, 2016
osabuohein:
I'm planning on even buying shares but honestly I don't know how this stock market thing works. I want to invest like #1,000,000 on shares but I don't know to go about it and how much returns it would fetch me. I've always heard about the stock market but I really don't know how it works. Is there a stockbroker in the house pls?
boss I've been trying to contact you through nairaland email but I haven't been getting any reply, kindly msg me through neutrinosproject@gmail.com it's important, thanks
Re: What To Do To Retrieve My Share Back After I Lost Share Certificate by darelar(m): 5:08pm On Jul 03, 2016
osabuohein:
I'm planning on even buying shares but honestly I don't know how this stock market thing works. I want to invest like #1,000,000 on shares but I don't know to go about it and how much returns it would fetch me. I've always heard about the stock market but I really don't know how it works. Is there a stockbroker in the house pls?

little advice, look for a genuine landed property and invest the 1 million on it. You can make up to half of that money in less than a year or more, if it's in area that's fast developing. In 2004, I bought 20k shares with prudent bank now skybank, 6k with ABC transport and 4k with Ecobank. I only got the share certificate of prudent bank and couldn't get the other two due to similar issue with OP. The highest amount gross I have gotten so far is 2k. Sometimes is 1k plus. In 2007, I bought a piece of land half plot at the rate of 100k in Yenagoa. in 2008 I bought another one to make it a plot and some feet at less than 100k because the place is still thick bush. I sold half plot in 2010 for 200k, gave one of my worker quatre from the said land. The person I sold to later sold his half plot at 340k, that's about 2 years later. I still have about 50by 65 left that someone offer 600k around 2014 but am not ready to sell.

Presently now, I can sell that land around 800k and am very sure it won't last a week before they pay for it. Everything I spent on that land is just around 200k, the first sales is 200k wch have covered everything. The quatre I gave out could have fetch me around 100k then. The remaining part will fetch not less than 800k and in total, I will be talking about a million naira as profits from 200k business from 07 to 2016.

my brother, am very sure that you can't make up to that amount, if the said amount is invested on share. That's just my experience and advice. But if you are to invest it in land, make sure you buy it from reliable family and you secure it very well with every means.
Re: What To Do To Retrieve My Share Back After I Lost Share Certificate by YOUNGKAHUNA: 6:42pm On Jul 03, 2016
dunkem21:

Yeah. However, you need an "Estate account" to be able to claim them. Approach the court for a 'letter of administration' to determine the signatories of the account amongst your kith and kin i.e if there's no will.

Take heart and all the best.
I am having similar issue, my dad is late, we already have the letter of administration, my mum happens to be the next of kin, is that all we need to claim the shares?
Re: What To Do To Retrieve My Share Back After I Lost Share Certificate by dunkem21(m): 8:00pm On Jul 03, 2016
YOUNGKAHUNA:
I am having similar issue, my dad is late, we already have the letter of administration, my mum happens to be the next of kin, is that all we need to claim the shares?

Yeah. Let her open an account with the letter of administration and Lodge in the dividend warrant if it's not stale.

If it's stale, then you need to write to the registrar of the organisation to revalidate the dividend warrant with a new date.

All the best.

NB: You may still need to talk to a stockbroker if you want CSCS number or need to trade on the shares.
Re: What To Do To Retrieve My Share Back After I Lost Share Certificate by YOUNGKAHUNA: 8:39pm On Jul 03, 2016
dunkem21:

Yeah. Let her open an account with the letter of administration and Lodge in the dividend warrant if it's not stale.

If it's stale, then you need to write to the registrar of the organisation to revalidate the dividend warrant with a new date.

All the best.

NB: You may still need to talk to a stockbroker if you want CSCS number or need to trade on the shares.
Thanks I appreciate
Re: What To Do To Retrieve My Share Back After I Lost Share Certificate by RuggedArab: 8:40pm On Jul 03, 2016
lizfolay:
Please help me too. My stockbroker has disappeared with all my shares certificates for some years now. How can I retrieve them? I hope he has not sold them. CSCS account he opened for me is not opening again, I can't access it.

You cannot access your CSCS account. Only registered Stockbroking firms can do that.

One thing people should do is; when ever you purchase shares, there are documents they do give you. Keep those documents because they are important.

If you know the shares you bought you can look for the registrars and visit there office. They can help you from there.

Always look for registered Stockbroking firm to help you buy shares. Even if tomorrow they close, the new company that bought them will still have your record.
Re: What To Do To Retrieve My Share Back After I Lost Share Certificate by RuggedArab: 8:48pm On Jul 03, 2016
macuwon:
I have a similar problem, my mom bought shares in my name about 8years ago, I receive monthly mails of dividend or so, but it doesn't come every month. I don't really know how to follow it up, I once went to their office, they said i should come with my mom and stuff, but she is a bit too old to be jumping around now and she can't remember all the details of the transaction

You went to their office. Which office? The broker or the registrars?

If she bought it with your name that's fine. Visit the Stockbroking firm and confirm your records with them. If possible, do KYC so as to get mails on statements. They will advise you what to do with the stale dividends.

If you can't find the brokers, check the shares and find out their registrars. Go with the stale dividends for revalidation. You will also need to do bankers confirmation too.

If you don't have a broker you need to get one so they can open a CSCS account for you. If you need a broker I can recommend a good one for you.

2 Likes

Re: What To Do To Retrieve My Share Back After I Lost Share Certificate by RuggedArab: 8:52pm On Jul 03, 2016
deeway200:
Please my dad is dead and he has a lot of unclaimed shares. Please can it be reclaimed?

Yes, it can be claimed. If you know his brokers that would make things a bit easier. Visit their office and they will guide you on what to do. You will need estate of the decease.

If you have the shares certificate, look for a stockbroking firm so they can help you dematerialise it and open a CSCS account.
Re: What To Do To Retrieve My Share Back After I Lost Share Certificate by RuggedArab: 9:01pm On Jul 03, 2016
microben4luv:
please nairalanders how to get my share back? I bought Dunlop and transcorp share in year 2016, and lost my share certificate due to movement from a place to another, since then I have been looking for how to retrieve my share, please help me with necessary information on what to do to get those shares back. your info will help me or you have been in this situation before please share your experience how you go about it. thanks

You can't find your shares certificate? Alright.

Since it is a public offer, you will need to find the registrars of Dunlop and Transcorp. When you get there, you explain to them that you can't find your shares certificate; they have your details and they will tell you the quantity of shares you have.

They will tell you what to do. You have to go with valid means of identification and any document(s) to show proof of purchase of the stocks.

After that is done, you will need to get a good stockbroking firm to dematerialise the shares certificate and open a CSCS account.

I can recommend good one if you want.

2 Likes

Re: What To Do To Retrieve My Share Back After I Lost Share Certificate by richywhales(m): 3:13am On Jul 04, 2016
dunkem21:

Yeah. However, you need an "Estate account" to be able to claim them. Approach the court for a 'letter of administration' to determine the signatories of the account amongst your kith and kin i.e if there's no will.

Take heart and all the best.
I have a similar problem, my dad has shares with Flour mills of Nigeria b4 he's death and I know he opened a Cscs account with a stockbroker but we don't know the broker, we haven't received a message for once on his phone. Pls how do we go about it. Although we have the letter of administration. Thanks
Re: What To Do To Retrieve My Share Back After I Lost Share Certificate by Cleoo(f): 8:01am On Jul 04, 2016
RuggedArab:

You can't find your shares certificate? Alright.

Since it is a public offer, you will need to find the registrars of Dunlop and Transcorp. When you get there, you explain to them that you can't find your shares certificate; they have your details and they will tell you the quantity of shares you have.

They will tell you what to do. You have to go with valid means of identification and any document(s) to show proof of purchase of the stocks.

After that is done, you will need to get a good stockbroking firm to dematerialise the shares certificate and open a CSCS account.

I can recommend good one if you want.
please I will need your help too, your recommendation is highly needed...
Re: What To Do To Retrieve My Share Back After I Lost Share Certificate by RuggedArab: 8:35am On Jul 04, 2016
Cleoo:
please I will need your help too, your recommendation is highly needed...

How can I help you?
Re: What To Do To Retrieve My Share Back After I Lost Share Certificate by erumena(m): 9:30am On Jul 04, 2016
microben4luv:
please nairalanders how to get my share back? I bought Dunlop and transcorp share in year 2016, and lost my share certificate due to movement from a place to another, since then I have been looking for how to retrieve my share, please help me with necessary information on what to do to get those shares back. your info will help me or you have been in this situation before please share your experience how you go about it. thanks

You don't have to register with a Stockbroker to get your certificate replaced.

Go to the Registrar of the Companies involved, you'll be issued an indemnity form which you'll have to complete by going to any of your Banker or Insurance Company and get it signed and stamped.

Return the form to the Registrar so that they can print a replacement certificate for you.

Some Registrar will require affidavit.

Note: it pays to get registered with a Stockbroker and get a CSCS account so as to lodge all your Certificates into your CSCS account electronically.
Re: What To Do To Retrieve My Share Back After I Lost Share Certificate by peteregwu(m): 4:19pm On Dec 31, 2016
Please nairlanders, is it possible for one to transfer his shares to his son?
Re: What To Do To Retrieve My Share Back After I Lost Share Certificate by dezhi(m): 2:07pm On Feb 28, 2017
Visit ur registrar!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Are Banks Legally Supposed To Charge Parallel Rate For Online Transactions? / Investors Lose N1.6trn In First 100 Days Of Buhari Tenure / Get A Reliable USD Virtual Prepaid Debit Cards For Your Account Verification

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.