Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,139 members, 7,818,432 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:28 PM

Stella Nyanzi Teaches Daughter About Condom Usage (Photos) - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Stella Nyanzi Teaches Daughter About Condom Usage (Photos) (66316 Views)

Stormy Daniels: "Donald Trump Did Not Use A Condom When We Had Sex" / May Uganda Pres. Museveni Fate Go Like That Of Mugabe - Ugandan Activist Nyanzi / 11-Year Old Daughter Of Nyanzi Playing With Condom Her Mom Taught Her To Use (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stella Nyanzi Teaches Daughter About Condom Usage (Photos) by sademola: 4:40am On Jul 02, 2016
freecocoa:
Because you don't discuss sex with an 11 years old.

Y? And when is it right? I guess when she is already told falsehood by peers and got impregnated
Re: Stella Nyanzi Teaches Daughter About Condom Usage (Photos) by blacq2009(m): 4:41am On Jul 02, 2016
Young03:
but girls of nowadays prefers it raw

I don't know why
[s][/s]
Others still wants it cooked.
Re: Stella Nyanzi Teaches Daughter About Condom Usage (Photos) by blacq2009(m): 4:41am On Jul 02, 2016
Young03:
but girls of nowadays prefers it raw

I don't know why
[s][/s]
Others still wants it cooked.
Re: Stella Nyanzi Teaches Daughter About Condom Usage (Photos) by cole265(m): 4:43am On Jul 02, 2016
iykenathan162:
Is okay but must she post it online.

That is exactly where the craze dey
Re: Stella Nyanzi Teaches Daughter About Condom Usage (Photos) by mrwonlasewonie: 4:57am On Jul 02, 2016
Dreal11247:
Madness plus irresponsibility
there's nothing wrong in teaching your kids safe sex.you'll be shocked what this kids learn from themselves in school. Just teach them the core values of sex education before one hung hawk deceives them
Re: Stella Nyanzi Teaches Daughter About Condom Usage (Photos) by Drzak(m): 5:15am On Jul 02, 2016
#Dont use condom, Use Conduct to train the child.... Even in African society undecided I can't fit to believe it
Re: Stella Nyanzi Teaches Daughter About Condom Usage (Photos) by Olufemiolaolu(m): 5:45am On Jul 02, 2016
SANDOSKI:
shockedshockedshocked....

So condom big pass ballon....
shocked

Yes to fit any pussy. cheesy
Re: Stella Nyanzi Teaches Daughter About Condom Usage (Photos) by zinnywonders(f): 6:12am On Jul 02, 2016
I don't see anything wrong with that cos some children are learning faster these days and when u watch ur Children's approach towards the World out there,my dear the lesson starts immediately to put things right & straight.
U won't wait for someone to educate ur Child cos its ur sole responsibility as mother.
So I believe she's playing her motherly role.
Always be positive minded than always seeing faults in everything one does despite the person's past ..... Remember that no one is perfect and the last time I checked, we're still humans mbok.

2 Likes

Re: Stella Nyanzi Teaches Daughter About Condom Usage (Photos) by Mememan: 6:27am On Jul 02, 2016
SANDOSKI:
shockedshockedshocked....

So condom big pass ballon....
shocked

TThat's why e don dey give u big belle undecided

1 Like

Re: Stella Nyanzi Teaches Daughter About Condom Usage (Photos) by tonquendo4u(m): 6:31am On Jul 02, 2016
It's called sex education
Re: Stella Nyanzi Teaches Daughter About Condom Usage (Photos) by muller101(m): 7:05am On Jul 02, 2016
Dreal11247:
Madness plus irresponsibility
who told u.
Re: Stella Nyanzi Teaches Daughter About Condom Usage (Photos) by lovethchioma(f): 7:19am On Jul 02, 2016
See them... You all are hypocrites for calling this woman mad just because she is giving her daughter sex education. when is really the right time to discuss it?? mtcheew
The only thing that is wrong about all this is the fact she had to post it online.
Why is she telling us
Re: Stella Nyanzi Teaches Daughter About Condom Usage (Photos) by fiftynaira(m): 7:27am On Jul 02, 2016
DJHANDSOME:
This days; It's either uganda or kenya grin

Making NCAN domant
Re: Stella Nyanzi Teaches Daughter About Condom Usage (Photos) by Nobody: 7:54am On Jul 02, 2016
i will not comment on this.
Re: Stella Nyanzi Teaches Daughter About Condom Usage (Photos) by ALAYORMII: 7:58am On Jul 02, 2016
Afrok:
shocked as per what? Hospital ke cheesy wink

You said you asked the guy to give you his woman to test the condom now
Re: Stella Nyanzi Teaches Daughter About Condom Usage (Photos) by freecocoa(f): 8:05am On Jul 02, 2016
cococandy:
@bold, Some kids start puberty quite early.
Way before 13. Fact I know.
lepasharon:

Really? 11 yrs that are in puberty
Well, times have changed but still, you shouldn't tell children to have sex, abstinence is what you teach, not telling her how to use a condom, then again, what do I know.
Re: Stella Nyanzi Teaches Daughter About Condom Usage (Photos) by PaulAdeka(m): 8:12am On Jul 02, 2016
Re: Stella Nyanzi Teaches Daughter About Condom Usage (Photos) by PaulAdeka(m): 8:15am On Jul 02, 2016
This is not good at all, it will only encourage the kid (young lady) to have sex at a tender age! Not good...
Re: Stella Nyanzi Teaches Daughter About Condom Usage (Photos) by cococandy(f): 8:20am On Jul 02, 2016
freecocoa:
Well, times have changed but still, you shouldn't tell children to have sex, abstinence is what you teach, not telling her how to use a condom, then again, what do I know.

it's sort of a hit and miss I guess.

Many parents teach abstinence. Yet their kids go out and get pregnant or STDs. So they teach both.
I do think 11 is early to learn condom use. I don't think it's early for sex eduction though.

3 Likes

Re: Stella Nyanzi Teaches Daughter About Condom Usage (Photos) by freecocoa(f): 8:32am On Jul 02, 2016
cococandy:
it's sort of a hot and miss I guess.

Many parents teach abstinence. Yet their kids go out and get pregnant or STDs. So they teach both.
I do think 11 is early to learn condom use. I don't think it's early for sex eduction though.
I have no issues with sex education, I guess talking to a child like you are an adult about sex is what I have issues with.

Sex education is not something that is done once, I remember getting it till I left for uni, even when I felt I knew all there was to know at the time. Constant reminders and introducing new info as time goes is a better method as far as I'm concerned.

1 Like

Re: Stella Nyanzi Teaches Daughter About Condom Usage (Photos) by rupeelicious(f): 8:39am On Jul 02, 2016
She may be right in dishing d information to the poor girl this early. Never bn to Uganda myself, but I hear sex/girls r too cheap there. So, starting early may be good. Thw day's lesson may hv bn on cindoms, mbut we dont kno oda good thingsnshe must hv taught her.
Re: Stella Nyanzi Teaches Daughter About Condom Usage (Photos) by ifenes(m): 8:50am On Jul 02, 2016
lepasharon:

Really? 11 yrs that are in puberty

That's the best time to discuss it with them.
Re: Stella Nyanzi Teaches Daughter About Condom Usage (Photos) by Afrok(m): 8:53am On Jul 02, 2016
ALAYORMII:

You said you asked the guy to give you his woman to test the condom now
cheesy... there are some things u'll say with humour and the devil himself won't get angry wink cheesy
Re: Stella Nyanzi Teaches Daughter About Condom Usage (Photos) by cococandy(f): 8:56am On Jul 02, 2016
I agree with that. @ bolded.
freecocoa:
I have no issues with sex education, I guess talking to a child like you are an adult about sex is what I have issues with.

Sex education is not something that is done once, I remember getting it till I left for uni, even when I felt I knew all there was to know at the time. Constant reminders and introducing new info as time goes is a better method as far as I'm concerned.

Re: Stella Nyanzi Teaches Daughter About Condom Usage (Photos) by montezz(f): 9:19am On Jul 02, 2016
freecocoa:

Sex education comes with different stages. Sex education should begin as soon as the child is 3. Letting him/her know his/her genitals for what it called{not junior,secretariat etc.} They become conscious of the fact no one should touch them there else they report to mummy{as with child molestation}. As they grow up,u release more info you think they can be able to understand. Things have changed...its better they learn from home. Not just that,it brings them close to parents. Makes dem confide in you. Peers,society talks abt sex,there lot of people who started having sex from primary schl. I knw of a guy who started having sex in primary 3. Sex education should go with the developmental stages. When they are moving close to the teen age,body changes...puberty and a more comprehensive sex talk should be discussed. Abstinence and its benefits too. But to avoid funny stories,teach dem how to use condoms.

1 Like

Re: Stella Nyanzi Teaches Daughter About Condom Usage (Photos) by freecocoa(f): 9:21am On Jul 02, 2016
montezz:

Sex education comes with different stages. Sex education should begin as soon as the child is 3. Letting him/her know his/her genitals for what it called{not junior,secretariat etc.} They become conscious of the fact no one should touch them there else they report to mummy{as with child molestation}. As they grow up,u release more info you think they can be able to understand. Things have changed...its better they learn from home. Not just that,it brings them close to parents. Makes dem confide in you. Peers,society talks abt sex,there lot of people who started having sex from primary schl. I knw of a guy who started having sex in primary 3. Sex education should go with the developmental stages. When they are moving close to the teen age,body changes...puberty and a more comprehensive sex talk should be discussed. Abstinence and its benefits too. But to avoid funny stories,teach dem how to use condoms.
And you quoted me to say this because?
Re: Stella Nyanzi Teaches Daughter About Condom Usage (Photos) by Ladycloud(f): 9:26am On Jul 02, 2016
sinaj:
There's nothing wrong in exposing ur 11yr old to comprehensive sex education, coz these technology kids know more than you think.

It's better they learn frm their parents than learning d wrong thing frm their peers.

I hpe she doesn't skip d abstinence part tho.
my mum started educating me on sex when I was sick, told me the implications, what could happen if I wasn't careful.. Nd it really helped...

1 Like

Re: Stella Nyanzi Teaches Daughter About Condom Usage (Photos) by Jok3r(m): 10:17am On Jul 02, 2016
Kolababe:
Hope you all remember that Ugandan university lecturer who removed all her clothes along the corridors of a University, after a major disagreement with the institution’s don. See it here» https://www.nairaland.com/3056099/ugandan-lecturer-nyanzi-strips-unclad

Well, she is at it again! This time, the Makerere University lecturer, Dr. Stella Nyanzi, is becoming even more controversial. Known for her controversial activism, she is one of “The People’s President” Kizza Besigye’s staunch supporters.

Just the other day, she took to social media to rant after allegedly being denied a visa by British immigration officials.

You can read all the details below;

Now, Dr. Nyanzi has once again taken to social media to explain the “vital” lessons she has been giving her 11-year-old daughter. She is now teaching her to efficiently use condoms!! Yes, you heard me right. An 11-year-old girl is being taught how to use a condom by a university lecturer with a Doctorate, who happens to be her mother!

This is what she posted on her Facebook page:

[b]“I had the ‘condom talk’ with my eleven-year-old daughter. I explained the dangers of unprotected sex, without blinking. Feeling like a Ninja-Warrior, I pulled out a packet of black condoms. She asked about the colour. I told her I preferred condoms that look like the real thing. Luckily, she did not ask for details about the colours of things.

So I talked about the tip of the condom and how it is important to squeeze out the air before rolling it up the waiting specimen. We practiced squeezing gently in order not to tear the tip. She asked about how women with long varnished finger-nails squeeze out the air without tearing the condom. I referred her to her auntie with long varnished finger-nails. God bless their next meeting!

And then I talked about disposing of the condom after using it. I was careful not to leave out any age-appropriate detail of condom-use for my darling daughter. And then I asked if she had any question.

“Yes, Mama Stella,” she said enthusiastically. “I have a question.”

“What do you want to know?” I asked with a sense of foreboding.

“So, how big does the condom become if I blow it Mama?” She asked.

“Oh, big, I guess,” I replied cautiously.

“Please, please, please Mama Stella, can I blow it and see?” she asked.

“Sure. Here,” I said as I held out a condom.

“Eeeooww,” she made a face at the oily lube on the condom.

“For smooth entry and travel,” I explained.

And then my daughter blew and blew and blew the condom. It got much bigger than the balloons we usually blow to decorate our party-rooms. She put it onto her belly-button and it nearly touched the floor. We laughed at the joke. And then, just as the child she is, my daughter began to play catch with the blown condom. She threw it up into the air and reached up to get it. Our condom talk was over!”[/b]

So, is this woman normal or she is slowly going bonkers?

http://www.newseveryhour.com/2016/07/the-ugandan-professor-who-stripped.html

what a lecture
Re: Stella Nyanzi Teaches Daughter About Condom Usage (Photos) by 1miccza: 10:34am On Jul 02, 2016
sinaj:
There's nothing wrong in exposing ur 11yr old to comprehensive sex education, coz these technology kids know more than you think.

It's better they learn frm their parents than learning d wrong thing frm their peers.

I hpe she doesn't skip d abstinence part tho.

I concur there's absolutely nothing wrong with it
Re: Stella Nyanzi Teaches Daughter About Condom Usage (Photos) by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jul 02, 2016
cococandy:
it's sort of a hit and miss I guess.

Let us have a look at raw numbers and then decide who has a better approach to sex education:

Key facts

About 16 million girls aged 15 to 19 and some 1 million girls under 15 give birth every year—most in low- and middle-income countries.
Complications during pregnancy and childbirth are the second cause of death for 15-19 year-old girls globally.
Every year, some 3 million girls aged 15 to 19 undergo unsafe abortions.
Babies born to adolescent mothers face a substantially higher risk of dying than those born to women aged 20 to 24.

Birth rates

There has been a marked, although uneven, decrease in the birth rates among adolescent girls since 1990, but some 11% of all births worldwide are still to girls aged 15 to 19 years old. The vast majority of these births (95%) occur in low- and middle-income countries.

The 2014 World Health Statistics indicate that the average global birth rate among 15 to 19 year olds is 49 per 1000 girls.
Country rates range from 1 to 299 births per 1000 girls, with the highest rates in sub-Saharan Africa.

http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs364/en/

1 Like

Re: Stella Nyanzi Teaches Daughter About Condom Usage (Photos) by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jul 02, 2016
Often the same parents who do not know how to talk to their kids about s.ex and who think that not talking about it or lying to them will protect them will, give their primary school kids smartphones with access to the internet and we all know what their kids will discover there.

1 Like

Re: Stella Nyanzi Teaches Daughter About Condom Usage (Photos) by PaulAdeka(m): 2:16pm On Jul 02, 2016
tonquendo4u:
It's called sex education
Yes but Must she post it on the internet?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Al Jazeera, AP Building In Gaza Destroyed By Israeli Airstrike (video) / New Video Shows Ukrainian Plane Struck By Two Iranian Missiles / Robert Trump Is Dead! US President’s Younger Brother Dies At 71

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.