Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,995 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:24 AM

New Video Shows Ukrainian Plane Struck By Two Iranian Missiles - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / New Video Shows Ukrainian Plane Struck By Two Iranian Missiles (66354 Views)

Jewish Man Dies After Being Struck By Pro-Palestinian Protester In Los Angeles / Helicopter Carrying Colombia's President Ivan Duque Struck By Bullets In Attack / Damage To US Air Base In Iraq Hit By Iranian Missiles (Satellite Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Video Shows Ukrainian Plane Struck By Two Iranian Missiles by Nobody: 9:01am On Jan 15, 2020
Security camera footage shows two missiles being fired 30 seconds apart causing the plane to crash killing 176 people.

A new video has surfaced showing the moment two missiles hit a Ukrainian passenger plane over Iran's capital, Tehran, killing all 176 passengers and crew on board.

The New York Times said it had verified the security camera footage, which showed two missiles being fired 30 seconds apart, neither of which brought the plane down immediately.

In the video, the aircraft is seen flying for several minutes, on fire, before crashing to the ground and exploding.

The newspaper said the first strike disabled the plane's transponder before it was hit by the second missile.

For days, Tehran repeatedly denied reports that the Boeing 737-800 plane had been shot down.

An earlier video released on Friday also showed that the plane was hit by a missile was also published.

The video, first reported by the New York Times newspaper and CNN, is consistent with statements made by Canadian, US and UK officials, who said intelligence indicated that an Iranian missile brought down the plane, a conclusion initially dismissed by Iran.

Then on Saturday, Revolutionary Guards aerospace commander Brigadier General Amir Ali Hajizadeh acknowledged a missile operator had mistaken the plane for a cruise missile and opened fire.

The second blurry footage shows the plane on fire and circling back to Tehran's airport, the Times said. Minutes later, it exploded and crashed.

The footage was shot from a rooftop in Bidkaneh, a village four miles from an Iranian military site, the Times said.

Angry protesters, most of them students, have taken to the streets in the wake of the tragedy, chanting slogans against Iran's leaders and demanding accountability.

Iran's judiciary on Tuesday announced the first arrests over the accidental shooting, without naming who or how many people had been detained.

Fars news agency has also been quoted as saying that the person who took the first video was also arrested by authorities.
Source: https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/01/video-shows-ukrainian-plane-struck-iranian-missiles-200115013703620.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNhkfd2hQgU

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: New Video Shows Ukrainian Plane Struck By Two Iranian Missiles by grandiose4ever: 9:48am On Jan 15, 2020
Can you imagine. The kind of trauma the passengers had to deal with cry
Flying over the mid east is an extreme sport. No wonder the CEO of PayPal enroute a 'must' journey to acquire an Isreali startup says he nearly had a heart attack when he saw his plane approaching a GPS signs of Iran, Palestine and Isreal - he blurted "I'm entering into a war zone".

161 Likes 4 Shares

Re: New Video Shows Ukrainian Plane Struck By Two Iranian Missiles by PapaNnamdi: 10:11am On Jan 15, 2020
I feel the CIA is involved. this seems like a well planned operation by the USA..
my opinion though

96 Likes 9 Shares

Re: New Video Shows Ukrainian Plane Struck By Two Iranian Missiles by tck2000(m): 11:27am On Jan 15, 2020
grandiose4ever:
Can you imagine. The kind of trauma the passengers had to deal with cry
Flying over the mid east is an extreme sport. No wonder the CEO of PayPal sails he nearly had a heart attack when he saw his plane approaching a GPS signs of Iran, Palestine and Iran.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Video Shows Ukrainian Plane Struck By Two Iranian Missiles by Seunaj05(m): 12:41pm On Jan 15, 2020
Soleimani killed Thousands of his people alive, Tens during funeral and Hundreds after funeral. That dude really sucks anything bloody
The majority of the people that were killed were Iranians and Iranians with Ukraine passports (Dual citizenship). The people who have invested in themselves home and abroad, those who could shape the future of Iran all dead because of a military blunder by their own government.

157 Likes 13 Shares

Re: New Video Shows Ukrainian Plane Struck By Two Iranian Missiles by Tessie01(f): 12:41pm On Jan 15, 2020
The thought of it is very disturbing. May God not allow us to meet our end this year and beyond

87 Likes 5 Shares

Re: New Video Shows Ukrainian Plane Struck By Two Iranian Missiles by OBAGADAFFI: 12:42pm On Jan 15, 2020
The date on the Camera is wrong.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: New Video Shows Ukrainian Plane Struck By Two Iranian Missiles by Perfecttouchade: 12:42pm On Jan 15, 2020
It's just a pity, innocent lives were wasted for just a war rumor...what will happen if the war finally happens

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Video Shows Ukrainian Plane Struck By Two Iranian Missiles by Offpoint: 12:42pm On Jan 15, 2020
R.I.P to the departed souls, they've paid ultimate price for peace.
Believe you me, something evil was looming in the corner. Their death averted the looming evil.

At such a tense period, Iran airspace should have been grounded, worse part is the flight took off at night.

I blame Trump and Iran for their death.

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: New Video Shows Ukrainian Plane Struck By Two Iranian Missiles by jantofubu(m): 12:42pm On Jan 15, 2020
Mistake of the decade AWARD goes to IRAN
They conceded 2 own goals all in the REVENGE
1. Dozens killed in burial stampede
2. Downing a plane which took off from your territory

Meanwhile they're giving US more opportunity to show the world why they are right in their strike against IRAN...

95 Likes 2 Shares

Re: New Video Shows Ukrainian Plane Struck By Two Iranian Missiles by OBAGADAFFI: 12:42pm On Jan 15, 2020
PapaNnamdi:
I feel the CIA is involved.
this seems like a well planned operation by the USA..

my opinion though

Please stop this.

185 Likes 8 Shares

Re: New Video Shows Ukrainian Plane Struck By Two Iranian Missiles by JunctionBox: 12:43pm On Jan 15, 2020
Ok
Re: New Video Shows Ukrainian Plane Struck By Two Iranian Missiles by ThierryJay: 12:43pm On Jan 15, 2020
All the goodwill gained by Iran over the US attack on Suleiman have been wiped out. Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face.

This is gross level of incompetence from Iran. It is beyond stupidity, on a global scale. How do you shoot down a plane that took off from your own nearby airport under the pretext that it was a hostile aircraft?

It is as if Mr Bean was handling their missile weaponry. Yes that is exactly what they are, Jokers!

Trump will just be sitting down and smiling

That being said, I don't trust that the US did not use some technology interceptory intelligence to befuddle the Iranian defence system

The coincidence is just too co-incidental!

And one of the key rules in warfare/ intelligence they teach is that; "There's no such thing as a coincidence"

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: New Video Shows Ukrainian Plane Struck By Two Iranian Missiles by SenecaTheYonger: 12:43pm On Jan 15, 2020
PapaNnamdi:

my opinion though

Yeah, the CIA are that good.

14 Likes

Re: New Video Shows Ukrainian Plane Struck By Two Iranian Missiles by gurunlocker: 12:43pm On Jan 15, 2020
Iranian devil doing herself.... shocked

4 Likes

Re: New Video Shows Ukrainian Plane Struck By Two Iranian Missiles by palmshots: 12:43pm On Jan 15, 2020
I can only imagine the way they wud fire those missiles very hard with Joy... Thinking they finally got the enemy

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Video Shows Ukrainian Plane Struck By Two Iranian Missiles by incogni2o: 12:43pm On Jan 15, 2020
Some People said they shut it down, it was dismissed not until there was evidence.

Some also said it was intentional, maybe its also true
Re: New Video Shows Ukrainian Plane Struck By Two Iranian Missiles by noblealuu: 12:44pm On Jan 15, 2020
176 lives wasted for gunning down a Ukrainian plane. About 36 Iranian lives snuffed out in a stampede during the burial procession of Gen. Sulaimani.

In 1988, the US warship brought down an Iranian airliner destroying about 298 persons onboard the plane for similar mistakes.

If men were God, the world would have been non existent by now.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Video Shows Ukrainian Plane Struck By Two Iranian Missiles by kajsa08: 12:44pm On Jan 15, 2020
Ok
Re: New Video Shows Ukrainian Plane Struck By Two Iranian Missiles by madridsta007(m): 12:44pm On Jan 15, 2020
PapaNnamdi:

my opinion though

You are not far from the truth. Of course this is a possibility.
In some decades time, some files will be declassified and you will hear that the CIA probably allowed Iranian Intelligence to intercept a fake CIA message saying, "we are sending a B52 bomber to Tehran in 3 minutes..."
The CIA are masters at that.
I read a declassified CIA report (which was in a book) about what they did to DR Congo and Angola. It was worse than shooting down a plane.

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: New Video Shows Ukrainian Plane Struck By Two Iranian Missiles by samuelshosanya(m): 12:44pm On Jan 15, 2020
This is bad.
Re: New Video Shows Ukrainian Plane Struck By Two Iranian Missiles by mactoni91(m): 12:44pm On Jan 15, 2020
USA

1 Like

Re: New Video Shows Ukrainian Plane Struck By Two Iranian Missiles by sleemoon(m): 12:44pm On Jan 15, 2020
.. Devastating news...RIP to dead ...
Re: New Video Shows Ukrainian Plane Struck By Two Iranian Missiles by Cation250: 12:45pm On Jan 15, 2020
lipsrsealed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: New Video Shows Ukrainian Plane Struck By Two Iranian Missiles by MorataFC: 12:45pm On Jan 15, 2020
God have mercy
Re: New Video Shows Ukrainian Plane Struck By Two Iranian Missiles by Hoodgod(m): 12:45pm On Jan 15, 2020
PapaNnamdi:

my opinion though
i believe you have enough evidence to back up your claim..

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Video Shows Ukrainian Plane Struck By Two Iranian Missiles by superior1: 12:45pm On Jan 15, 2020
Trump got them so jumpy, they fired and killed themselves.

Trump goes about his rallies, ayatollah yansh remains on fire.

Trump is the worst nightmare to hit ayatollah

20 Likes

Re: New Video Shows Ukrainian Plane Struck By Two Iranian Missiles by Boyooosa(m): 12:45pm On Jan 15, 2020
Hmmm

1 Like

Re: New Video Shows Ukrainian Plane Struck By Two Iranian Missiles by sportark(m): 12:46pm On Jan 15, 2020
IRANu omo IRANkiran.....mtweeech

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Video Shows Ukrainian Plane Struck By Two Iranian Missiles by AstralBody: 12:46pm On Jan 15, 2020
Muslims are devil's,we have a lot of the in Nigeria!

16 Likes

Re: New Video Shows Ukrainian Plane Struck By Two Iranian Missiles by adabaraabdul: 12:46pm On Jan 15, 2020
PapaNnamdi:

my opinion though
how do you pull this through.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Robert Trump Is Dead! US President’s Younger Brother Dies At 71 / Mugabe's Humiliation In Nigeria Tops Zimbabwean Newspaper Headlines (pics) / Photo Of A Zambian Policewoman In A Tight Skirt That Got People Talking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.