Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,136 members, 7,818,422 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:06 PM

Alamieyeseigha’s London Properties For Sale - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alamieyeseigha’s London Properties For Sale (2781 Views)

Patience Jonathan’s Look At Alamieyeseigha's Service Of Song (Pictured) / Shocking!former Bayelsa Governor,diepreye Alamieyeseigha Still Alive?(see TWEETS / Update On Diepreye Alamieyeseigha’s Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alamieyeseigha’s London Properties For Sale by bilymuse: 7:23am On Sep 07, 2009
[size=15pt]Alamieyeseigha’s London properties for sale [/size]
By Musikilu Mojeed

August 31, 2009 10:45PMT

The Federal Government has hired a British law firm to help it dispose of four multi-million naira properties fraudulently acquired by the disgraced former Governor of Bayelsa State, Diepreye Alamieyeseigha.

The firm, Edwards Angell Palmer & Dodge, contracted by the Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Michael Aondoakaa, (SAN), on April 9, 2009, is to help sell the properties recovered through a legal proceeding brought against the former governor at the High Court of England and Wales.

Mr Alamieyeseigha’s wife, Margaret and two of his companies: Santolina Investment Corporation, (a company he incorporated in the Seychelles), Solomon and Peters Limited (a company he incorporated in the British Virgin Islands), were also joined in the suit.

The properties, according to the power of attorney given to Edwards Angell Palmer & Dodge by the Attorney-General, are located on 247 The Water Gardens, Burwood Place, London, 14 Mapesbury Road, London, 68 and 70 Regents Park Road, London and Flat 202, Jubilee Heights, Shoot-up-Hill, London.

The actual description and value of the properties were not provided in the document; but a source said the properties were “prime ones whose total value could be in the region of N2 billion”.

Mr Alamieyeseigha bought The Water Gardens property for £1, 750,000.00 and paid for it in cash on July 18, 2003. It served as his London residence as well as the registered office of Solomon and Peters Incorporated.

The law firm, acting through two of its attorneys, James John Maton and Collin Stuart Joseph, is to “issue and prosecute proceedings to obtain vacant possession, to market and sell the properties and to execute deed of conveyance and other documents to facilitate the transfer of title both from the existing title holder and to the subsequent purchaser.” The firm is also to render “proper and detailed” accounts of the proceeds of the sale of the properties and maintain a Federal government of Nigeria Client Designated Account into which the proceeds from the sales would be paid.

A source at the Ministry of Justice said Edwards Angell Palmer & Dodge was close to finalizing the sale of the Mapesbury Road property.

“What is delaying it is the need for a letter from Nigeria’s High Commissioner to the United Kingdom to the UK Land registry confirming approval to the sale. This is a requirement of the relevant office of the Land Registry when processing sales by foreign states,” the source said.

Waiting for a letter NEXT learnt that the UK law firm wrote to Mr. Aondoakaa on August 7, 2009, requesting him to direct the High Commissioner to the UK, Dalhatu Tafida, to issue the letter. It is not however clear whether the Attorney-General has issued the directive to Mr. Tafida.

The firm sent the letter after the Attorney-General claimed that he did not receive an earlier letter forwarded to his office on the matter.

After the former governor was impeached, prosecuted and jailed in Nigeria for corruption and his assets, valued at about £17.7 million confiscated, the Federal Government went ahead to institute proceedings against him, his wife, Margaret, and two of his companies in a bid to seize his assets in the United Kingdom.

Mr. Alamieyeseigha was impeached by the Bayelsa State House of Assembly in December 2005, following his arrest by the London Metropolitan Police over allegations of corruption and money laundering.

Afterwards, he was arrested and prosecuted by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission on money laundering and corruption offences. On July 30, 2007, M.L. Shuaibu, a judge of the Federal High Court sitting in Lagos, sentenced him to two years in prison after he pleaded guilty to the charges.

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/National/5451341-146/story.csp
Re: Alamieyeseigha’s London Properties For Sale by 9ijaprince(m): 7:31am On Sep 07, 2009
Hope the monies will be returned to bayelsa state.
Re: Alamieyeseigha’s London Properties For Sale by Goldmind1(m): 7:34am On Sep 07, 2009
Good step, I love dat. But let them also confisticate OBJ and Bode George and the likes of them.
Re: Alamieyeseigha’s London Properties For Sale by Beaf: 7:46am On Sep 07, 2009
9ijaprince:

Hope the monies will be returned to bayelsa state.

If only.
Wait and see oyibo in action, that money won't touch 9ja for the next 10 years; by which time they would have invested and re-invested it, even then they will only release it a pound at a time.
Re: Alamieyeseigha’s London Properties For Sale by candylips(m): 11:29am On Sep 07, 2009
wow
Re: Alamieyeseigha’s London Properties For Sale by salinco(m): 3:36pm On Sep 07, 2009
Gold-mind:

Good step, I love dat. But let them also confisticate OBJ and Bode George and the likes of them.

I support you my guy
Re: Alamieyeseigha’s London Properties For Sale by MrCrackles(m): 3:42pm On Sep 07, 2009
Infact i can confirm that i have forwarded a bid to Edwards Angell Palmer & Dodge. . . .
I will let you guys know if i am successful or not. . .
But i am confident! cool
Re: Alamieyeseigha’s London Properties For Sale by jaybee3(m): 3:44pm On Sep 07, 2009
bilymuse:

[size=15pt]Alamieyeseigha’s London properties for sale [/size]
By Musikilu Mojeed

August 31, 2009 10:45PMT

The properties, according to the power of attorney given to Edwards Angell Palmer & Dodge by the Attorney-General, are located on 247 The Water Gardens, Burwood Place, London, 14 Mapesbury Road, London, 68 and 70 Regents Park Road, London and Flat 202, Jubilee Heights, Shoot-up-Hill, London.

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/National/5451341-146/story.csp

shooters hill
Re: Alamieyeseigha’s London Properties For Sale by candylips(m): 3:57pm On Sep 07, 2009
not there is a place called shoot-up-Hill, in kilburn north london
Re: Alamieyeseigha’s London Properties For Sale by MrCrackles(m): 4:36pm On Sep 07, 2009
candylips:

Hehehe. . . grin
It is Shooter's Hill!
Re: Alamieyeseigha’s London Properties For Sale by candylips(m): 4:39pm On Sep 07, 2009
really cheesy
Re: Alamieyeseigha’s London Properties For Sale by jaybee3(m): 5:02pm On Sep 07, 2009
candylips:

shoot-up ko shoot-down ni. lol cool
brashy is north london's finest so he should know
Re: Alamieyeseigha’s London Properties For Sale by MrCrackles(m): 5:50pm On Sep 07, 2009
jay bee:

wink
Re: Alamieyeseigha’s London Properties For Sale by wiszy2kool: 5:57pm On Sep 07, 2009
thank you
Re: Alamieyeseigha’s London Properties For Sale by candylips(m): 10:06am On Sep 08, 2009
jay bee:

yea very funny name. even shooters hill is funny too cheesy shooters hill ko hangers hill ni
Re: Alamieyeseigha’s London Properties For Sale by utotomixxx(m): 12:12pm On Sep 08, 2009
the money will still go into the pockets of other corrupt officials. And so the never-ending cycle continues
Re: Alamieyeseigha’s London Properties For Sale by Oluschenco(m): 12:27pm On Sep 08, 2009
That's no news, where is the proceeds from Abacha's loot
Re: Alamieyeseigha’s London Properties For Sale by oge4real(f): 12:27pm On Sep 08, 2009
Good step. Get the money first, we will worry about the sharing formula later.
Re: Alamieyeseigha’s London Properties For Sale by DisGuy: 12:33pm On Sep 08, 2009
Shooter's Hill is in South london
shoot-up hill is in north london
Re: Alamieyeseigha’s London Properties For Sale by r231(m): 2:04pm On Sep 08, 2009
Dis Guy:

you are right NW2
Re: Alamieyeseigha’s London Properties For Sale by rickie4us(m): 2:52pm On Sep 08, 2009
oge4real:

Good step. Get the money first, we will worry about the sharing formula later.

yeah , right
Re: Alamieyeseigha’s London Properties For Sale by dinggle: 3:07pm On Sep 08, 2009
The FG is dumb, this is not the right time to sale properties, the value they place on those properties could be doubled 2yrs from when the recession is completely over and the world begins another round of economic boom. What the FG should do now is to place those properties on rent until such time that a higher value can be achieved.
Re: Alamieyeseigha’s London Properties For Sale by posakosa(m): 3:15pm On Sep 08, 2009
Who will steal the money NEXT > undecided undecided undecided
Re: Alamieyeseigha’s London Properties For Sale by Nobody: 3:20pm On Sep 08, 2009
dinggle:

The FG is dumb, this is not the right time to sale properties, the value they place on those properties could be doubled 2yrs from when the recession is completely over and the world begins another round of economic boom. What the FG should do now is to place those properties on rent until such time that a higher value can be achieved.
The Govt of any country including Nigeria is not in the business of selling houses.
The Govt has other things to worry about. . . . . .making profit on a E2M house is one the list.

my suggestion to anyone interested in buying the house(s) is to make enquiries.
There's a big chance the houses will be sold for cheap.
Re: Alamieyeseigha’s London Properties For Sale by bawomolo(m): 3:25pm On Sep 08, 2009
Dis Guy:

na wa oh. did london run out names ni cheesy
Re: Alamieyeseigha’s London Properties For Sale by jamace(m): 3:34pm On Sep 08, 2009
Can we now say, without mincing words, that war against corruption has taken- off in earnest in Naija, and that it will not spare any body irrespective of political connections? If yes, then the glory of Naija is near!
Re: Alamieyeseigha’s London Properties For Sale by bebe4u(f): 3:50pm On Sep 08, 2009
I know who the buyer will be, one of them in this categories

1.member in the senate or house of reps,
2.present or past ministers
3. Governor of a state ( any state, they are all the same bunch)
4 Local govt chairman or council chairman
5 Bank CEO ( at least the ones that have escaped Sanusi's axe)
4. Church general overseer ( nothing compares to their quest for earthly possession this days)
5. EFCC offcial

Any body outside this shoulnt bother to place a bid, dem don share the property amongst themselves already
Re: Alamieyeseigha’s London Properties For Sale by Nezan(m): 4:00pm On Sep 08, 2009
At long last?
Re: Alamieyeseigha’s London Properties For Sale by jamace(m): 5:46pm On Sep 08, 2009
I know who the buyer will be, one of them in this categories

1.member in the senate or house of reps,
2.present or past ministers
3. Governor of a state ( any state, they are all the same bunch)
4 Local govt chairman or council chairman
5 Bank CEO ( at least the ones that have escaped Sanusi's axe)
4. Church general overseer ( nothing compares to their quest for earthly possession this days)
5. EFCC offcial

Any body outside this shoulnt bother to place a bid, dem don share the property amongst themselves already

Oh my God! See what loss of confidence in a leadership can cause. grin grin grin
Re: Alamieyeseigha’s London Properties For Sale by GeorgeD1(m): 7:29pm On Sep 08, 2009
the bitter end, aye? wink
Re: Alamieyeseigha’s London Properties For Sale by lawrence83: 7:30pm On Sep 08, 2009
utotomixxx:

the money will still go into the pockets of other corrupt officials. And so the never-ending cycle continues
i love this! that's just it

hope to see myself in the cycle someday no blame me na the way for my 9ja
Re: Alamieyeseigha’s London Properties For Sale by GeorgeD1(m): 7:41pm On Sep 08, 2009
a lesson that corruption though sweet for a while will eventually bite the dust! grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Son Must Not Die -yar'adua's Mother *tells Turai To Release Her Son / Are Southerners Weak Minded? / U.S Threatens Sanctions Against Nigeria Over Pardon For Ex-convict Alamieyeseigh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.