Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,762 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

Would You Date Someone On Antidepressants? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would You Date Someone On Antidepressants? (941 Views)

Name A Petty Reason You Can't Date Someone / Can You Date Your Boss Or Colleague?: Nigerians React / How Long Should You Wait After Ending A Relationship To Date Someone Else? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Date Someone On Antidepressants? by iamdurent(m): 8:07am On Jul 03, 2016
Just wanted to know.
I've heard people say some unpleasant stuffs about people on antidepressants.

Some people say people on antidep are mentally weak people who turn to drugs to handles their lows of life. Which aint true

*sighs
Re: Would You Date Someone On Antidepressants? by Nobody: 8:09am On Jul 03, 2016
Re: Would You Date Someone On Antidepressants? by goldbim(f): 8:11am On Jul 03, 2016
No way!!most of them rely on the drugs to survive..and the energy gained is always triple!what happens when he kills someone overnight due to some hallucinations that come as a result of the drugsits risky!.
Re: Would You Date Someone On Antidepressants? by foolinlove(f): 8:13am On Jul 03, 2016
iamdurent:
Just wanted to know.
I've heard people say some unpleasant stuffs about people on antidepressants.

Some people say people on antidep are mentally weak people who turn to drugs to handles their lows of life. Which aint true

*sighs

Quite right - it isn't true.

Nobody says to those who take medicine for heart problem "just grow stronger and get over it". There is a lot of negative stigma surrounding mental illness.

It's really sad.
Re: Would You Date Someone On Antidepressants? by Vendoor(f): 8:13am On Jul 03, 2016
goldbim:
No way!!most of them rely on the drugs to survive..and the energy gained is always triple!what happens when he kills someone overnight due to some hallucinations that come as a result of the drugsits risky!.

True....
Re: Would You Date Someone On Antidepressants? by foolinlove(f): 8:16am On Jul 03, 2016
goldbim:

Antidepressants do not cause hallucinations.

The most common side effects are nausea, headache, dry mouth, vomiting and dizziness.

Also, there are several different *types* and *dosages* of antidepressants - treatments are tailored ans titrated to each person's individual requirements.

1 Like

Re: Would You Date Someone On Antidepressants? by iamdurent(m): 8:17am On Jul 03, 2016
goldbim:
Madam, am on antidepressant to manage my mania depression (Bipolar II disorder)
I Dont rely on d drug to survive and my energy is not "tripled" get ur facts right.

1 Like

Re: Would You Date Someone On Antidepressants? by adewumiopeyemi(m): 8:17am On Jul 03, 2016
gud morning dear..
Vendoor:

True....
Re: Would You Date Someone On Antidepressants? by Synzu(m): 8:17am On Jul 03, 2016
I hope you know that weed, codeine, benylin and even sleep-tablets are all varieties of antidepressants? Not all of them are bad, some of them are medically prescribed to patients. So, saying you can't date them because they are on prescriptions is quite senseless.

1 Like

Re: Would You Date Someone On Antidepressants? by foolinlove(f): 8:17am On Jul 03, 2016
Vendoor:

True....

Incorrect. Read the above post.
Re: Would You Date Someone On Antidepressants? by goldbim(f): 8:24am On Jul 03, 2016
iamdurent:

I Dont rely on d drug to survive and my energy is not "tripled" get ur facts right.
last time I checked it was and still remains a personal opinion..besides,i said "SOME"..not all.niceweek!
Re: Would You Date Someone On Antidepressants? by foolinlove(f): 8:25am On Jul 03, 2016
goldbim:
last time I checked it was and still remains a personal opinion..besides,i said "SOME"..not all.niceweek!

Personal opinion does not equal fact.
Re: Would You Date Someone On Antidepressants? by goldbim(f): 8:27am On Jul 03, 2016
foolinlove:

Antidepressants do not cause hallucinations.

The most common side effects are nausea, headache, dry mouth, vomiting and dizziness.

Also, there are several different *types* and *dosages* of antidepressants - treatments are tailored ans titrated to each person's individual requirements.
I hope you are aware that body reaction to drugs differ?.all the same,enough said. lipsrsealed...
Re: Would You Date Someone On Antidepressants? by Vendoor(f): 8:31am On Jul 03, 2016
foolinlove:

Incorrect. Read the above post.

Which of the post are you talking about dear....

Cos for me... It all amount to mental instability and anything can happen.

I LOVE MY LIFE!

1 Like

Re: Would You Date Someone On Antidepressants? by foolinlove(f): 8:32am On Jul 03, 2016
goldbim:
I hope you are aware that body reaction to drugs differ?.all the same,enough said. lipsrsealed...

I'm well aware. Go and read the contraindications sheet inside a box of antidepressant tablets.
Re: Would You Date Someone On Antidepressants? by foolinlove(f): 8:33am On Jul 03, 2016
Vendoor:

Which of the post are you talking about dear....

Cos for me... It all amount to mental instability and anything can happen.

I LOVE MY LIFE!

You should be more afraid of mentally ill people who do *not* take drugs for their condition.

1 Like

Re: Would You Date Someone On Antidepressants? by Nobody: 8:35am On Jul 03, 2016
iamdurent:

No wonder you a fag_, you mentally ill...LMFAO.
Re: Would You Date Someone On Antidepressants? by goldbim(f): 8:37am On Jul 03, 2016
foolinlove:

I'm well aware. Go and read the contraindications sheet inside a box of antidepressant tablets.
..anyways,you have said yours,i've said mine..I wrote that based on personal experience with someone..i won't say more that that!i love my life!!#neveragain#.
Re: Would You Date Someone On Antidepressants? by iamdurent(m): 8:37am On Jul 03, 2016
Vanquay16:

No wonder you a fag_, you mentally ill...LMFAO.
Ur mama is d mentally illed mofo, dat dirty _harlot.

Look stop pestering me allover NL.

Thank u angry
Re: Would You Date Someone On Antidepressants? by foolinlove(f): 8:39am On Jul 03, 2016
goldbim:
..anyways,you have said yours,i've said mine..I wrote that based on personal experience with someone..i won't say more that that!i love my life!!#neveragain#.

Well, I guess your personal experience outweighs years of medical research. Smh.
Re: Would You Date Someone On Antidepressants? by Nobody: 8:39am On Jul 03, 2016
iamdurent:
Ur mama is d mentally illed mofo, dat dirty _harlot.

Look stop pestering me allover NL.

Thank u angry
When you Bipolar, you Claim to be mentally Ill nut you accuse someone's Mother of Bipolar.

When you Bipolar, you quote someone and Ask them to stop quoting you.

When you Bipolar, you A Fag_

LMFAOOOOO
Re: Would You Date Someone On Antidepressants? by GoldenJAT(m): 8:47am On Jul 03, 2016
different strokes... for different folks!!! anything that rocks ur boat
Re: Would You Date Someone On Antidepressants? by iamdurent(m): 8:54am On Jul 03, 2016
Vanquay16:

When you Bipolar, you Claim to be mentally Ill nut you accuse someone's Mother of Bipolar.

When you Bipolar, you quote someone and Ask them to stop quoting you.

When you Bipolar, you A Fag_

LMFAOOOOO
sad

(1) (Reply)

★ See Bathroom Signs At Rio Olympics / 6 Reasons Why Women Desire $ex More Often Than Men / 9 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Claiming You Are Virgins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.