Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,606 members, 7,809,219 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:39 AM

What Must I, A Non Nigerian Do To Woo A Lagos Lady. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Must I, A Non Nigerian Do To Woo A Lagos Lady. (5179 Views)

10 Hilarious Cliches Nigerian Men Often Use To Woo A Lady- By Tosyne2much / The Way British, Americans And Nigerians Woo A Girl (photo) / Nigerian Guy Calls Out Lagos Lady That Dumped Him After A N45k Dinner Date (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Must I, A Non Nigerian Do To Woo A Lagos Lady. by Equipper: 7:18pm On Sep 07, 2009
Hi everybody! I Met this intelligent, educated, and beautiful lady from Lagos who was visiting Richmond, Virginia. Ten minutes spent with her after we were introduce made me want to see her again. I mean she made an impact upon me. We became close acquaintances over time. When she returned to Nigeria, we continued communicating with each other. Without any exaggeration I must confess that I am fallng in love with her. Yet I must tread cautiously because I do not want to mess up what appears to be a promising relationship by doing the wrong things which could offend her cultural sensitivities given the fact that I am a Liberian. What must I do as a non Yoruba, non Nigerian guy to secure and consolidate this relationship with her. I need your candid suggestions.

Thanks

Equipper
Re: What Must I, A Non Nigerian Do To Woo A Lagos Lady. by oyinda3(f): 10:51pm On Sep 07, 2009
most west african cultures are pretty similar in matters like this so i don't think you need any advice that you haven't heard before.
but that's a pretty long distance.

1 Like

Re: What Must I, A Non Nigerian Do To Woo A Lagos Lady. by KennyG6(m): 10:53pm On Sep 07, 2009
Equipper:

Hi everybody! I Met this intelligent, educated, and beautiful lady from Lagos who was visiting Richmond, Virginia. Ten minutes spent with her after we were introduce made me want to see her again. I mean she made an impact upon me. We became close acquaintances over time. When she returned to Nigeria, we continued communicating with each other. Without any exaggeration I must confess that I am fallng in love with her. Yet I must tread cautiously because I do not want to mess up what appears to be a promising relationship by doing the wrong things which could offend her cultural sensitivities given the fact that I am a Liberian. What must I do as a non Yoruba, non Nigerian guy to secure and consolidate this relationship with her. I need your candid suggestions.

Thanks

Equipper

To solidify the relationship, start sending $$$'s
Re: What Must I, A Non Nigerian Do To Woo A Lagos Lady. by AjaraEwuro: 10:59pm On Sep 07, 2009
Boy - to solidify the relationship - let her know the size of your pocket, start sending her gifts, gifts and gifts - but, are you sure she is single? If she is not single and you are falling in love and sending stuff to her, you will become what Lagos girls call Mugun or Maga- and you may be number 100 - so, find out very well if she is single or not, most times, the ladies are not single, Lagos gilrs are usually not without one, two or ten boyfriends. Oops - I mean, twenty boyfriends -

Look, dont waste time, because for all you care, another man is surely screwing her to submission while you are wasting time trying to pluck a flower to show her and all that bla bla bla - say it as u want it, ask her - can we be fu cking ourselves? Usually, she will like you as a bad boy and tell you in return, o yeah, I been dreaming of fu cking you until the cows come home.
Re: What Must I, A Non Nigerian Do To Woo A Lagos Lady. by Equipper: 11:26pm On Sep 07, 2009
AjaraEwuro said:
Boy - to solidify the relationship - let her know the size of your pocket, start sending her gifts, gifts and gifts - but, are you sure she is single? If she is not single and you are falling in love and sending stuff to her, you will become what Lagos girls call Mugun or Maga- and you may be number 100 - so, find out very well if she is single or not, most times, the ladies are not single, Lagos gilrs are usually not without one, two or ten boyfriends. Oops - I mean, twenty boyfriends -

Look, dont waste time, because for all you care, another man is surely screwing her to submission while you are wasting time trying to pluck a flower to show her and all that bla bla bla - say it as u want it, ask her - can we be fu cking ourselves? Usually, she will like you as a bad boy and tell you in return, o yeah, I been dreaming of fu cking you until the cows come home.

First of all no relationship should be built upon the foundation of $$$.  I will not send money over there, nor would I send gifts not because I do not want to be a Mugun or Maga (by way I would like for you to explain the difference between the two terms), but simply as a matter of principle.  Let me ask: Is this how you view all Lagos women?  Are you trying to tell me that there are no women of virtue in Lagos? Man I think we should give our sisters some credit; the bad ones notwithstanding.
Re: What Must I, A Non Nigerian Do To Woo A Lagos Lady. by KennyG6(m): 11:30pm On Sep 07, 2009
Equipper:

AjaraEwuro said:
First of all no relationship should be built upon the foundation of $$$. I will not send money over there, nor would I send gifts not because I do not want to be a Mugun or Maga (by way I would like to explain the difference between the two terms), but simply as a matter of principle. Let me ask: Is this how you view all Lagos women? Are you trying to tell me that there are no women of virtue who in Lagos? Man I think we should give our sisters some credits; the bad ones notwithstanding.
well said my guy, and by the way the $$$ was merely a joke, only you know how the gal truly feels about you, she may be the real deal or just another sucker,
Re: What Must I, A Non Nigerian Do To Woo A Lagos Lady. by Equipper: 11:54pm On Sep 07, 2009
well said my guy, and by the way the $$$ was merely a joke, only you know how the gal truly feels about you, she may be the real deal or just another sucker,

There is a Krio proverb which says: "The same rain wey wash bitter leaf wey make e bitter, na de same rain wey wash sugar cane wey make e sweet." Every human being has his or her native qualities peculiar to that person. It is only when you encounter that individual that you get to discover the true essence of character whether good or bad. I plan to spend the Christmas holidays in Lagos. They say "seeing is believing." In every society there are bad as well as good people. The notoriety of the bad ones does not in any way obviate the manifestation of the good.
Re: What Must I, A Non Nigerian Do To Woo A Lagos Lady. by Nobody: 12:00am On Sep 08, 2009
Gosh you men are ridiculous angry So why do men want women? is it not for the kitty kat? Acting like you are the innocent victims here angry
Re: What Must I, A Non Nigerian Do To Woo A Lagos Lady. by Equipper: 3:32am On Sep 08, 2009
Gosh you men are ridiculous  So why do men want women? is it not for the kitty kat? Acting like you are the innocent victims here.

Here we go again! Some people want a woman for who she is -- another human with whom a man can share loving, caring companionship.  The saying "Behind every successful man stands a woman" says something about the personhood of the woman and not just her gender.  It takes a wise, loving, caring, intelligent and of course virtuous woman to help steer her man to success.  I believe such a woman is precious.  So, guys who only focus on the "kitty kat" now end up missing such a woman.  There are such women all over Nigeria today, even right here on this forum.  Lagos here I come to find this precious woman
Re: What Must I, A Non Nigerian Do To Woo A Lagos Lady. by THEAMAKA(f): 5:19am On Sep 08, 2009
seriously, ajaro or whatever you call yourself.
stop bringing in WHAT IF's and start giving real advice.
what if this, and what if that.
stop stereotyping all lagos girls.

just give the man advice and stop playah hatin, hater!!
sheesh.
Re: What Must I, A Non Nigerian Do To Woo A Lagos Lady. by Magz(m): 5:20am On Sep 08, 2009
@ Equipper, you will get her. Just be honest with her, be honest with yourself, and follow your heart. First continue to get to know her. If you do fall in love with her, set your heart completely on making her yours. As Cassanova would do, make it so that she occupies your mind fully and don't give her time or reason to gravitate away from you. Make your love so powerful and true that your aura becomes irresistable to her.

I hope this helps, brother, and I hope that you get your woman. I will be praying for you two!
Re: What Must I, A Non Nigerian Do To Woo A Lagos Lady. by THEAMAKA(f): 5:20am On Sep 08, 2009
@ equipper dont mind these nigerians. see how some of them on this forum are.
thats how they are, sucks dont it?

awww Magz that was so cute, hahaha i bet you know how to "woo" the ladies, huh?
Re: What Must I, A Non Nigerian Do To Woo A Lagos Lady. by Nobody: 5:23am On Sep 08, 2009
equipper, there is no special rule for a lagos woman. Just go visit her, spend time with her friends, family - would give you a decent idea of who she truly is. Whether you're from the moon or Ghana . . . a woman is always a woman.
Re: What Must I, A Non Nigerian Do To Woo A Lagos Lady. by chic2pimp(m): 5:29am On Sep 08, 2009
Forget the opatas guys and ladies are yarning on this thread. As long as u get money u are definitely in.
Re: What Must I, A Non Nigerian Do To Woo A Lagos Lady. by Magz(m): 5:31am On Sep 08, 2009
chic2pimp does have a point though
Re: What Must I, A Non Nigerian Do To Woo A Lagos Lady. by THEAMAKA(f): 5:32am On Sep 08, 2009
chic2pimp i havent seen anyone like you.
stop assuming everything is about money money money. he is trying to FALL IN LOVE with the girl and get the girl to appreciate him for him.
like he said, he isnt spending any money on her and if he really falls in love with her and she does the same, then maybe he can buy her nice things.

im starting to think many guys on this forum are playah hatin, i mean come on.

chic2pimp if thats how you think, you will have no real wife or woman that cares about you or really gives a rat's ass about you. dont mind it when she is banging the guy next door and hell say "It wasnt me"

*hiss*
Re: What Must I, A Non Nigerian Do To Woo A Lagos Lady. by THEAMAKA(f): 5:32am On Sep 08, 2009
Magz dont mind him.
i hope you really dont believe that.
Re: What Must I, A Non Nigerian Do To Woo A Lagos Lady. by chic2pimp(m): 5:32am On Sep 08, 2009
Magz:

chic2pimp does have a point though
Thank u jare. If the bobo get cash then anything and everything dey possible.
Re: What Must I, A Non Nigerian Do To Woo A Lagos Lady. by Nobody: 5:34am On Sep 08, 2009
"I like money. Money is life.
I'm a gold digga. No finance no romance."

I hope that relaxed ya mind.
Re: What Must I, A Non Nigerian Do To Woo A Lagos Lady. by Equipper: 5:39am On Sep 08, 2009
You guys don't get it? If you get her attention on the basis of cash flow, remember there are other guys out there who have more cash to offer her. What happens to you when another guy starts throwing money at her? By the way what ever happened to companionship?
Re: What Must I, A Non Nigerian Do To Woo A Lagos Lady. by THEAMAKA(f): 5:40am On Sep 08, 2009
Equipper:

You guys don't get it? If you get her attention on the basis of cash flow, remember there are other guys out there who have more cash to offer her. What happens to you when another guy starts throwing money at her? By the way what ever happened to companionship?

dont mind them, i really wonder about some people sometimes.
money doesnt equal love, shell be fuking the next door neighbor before you know it.
money should not be the basis of love, that should be something to worry about if you are planning to settle down.
the money should be enough to be able to provide and things like that.
Re: What Must I, A Non Nigerian Do To Woo A Lagos Lady. by Nobody: 5:41am On Sep 08, 2009
Amaka what do you know about love?
Re: What Must I, A Non Nigerian Do To Woo A Lagos Lady. by chic2pimp(m): 5:42am On Sep 08, 2009
FL Gators:

"I like money. Money is life.
I'm a gold digga. No finance no romance
."

I hope that relaxed ya mind.
@ poster This might sound like a joke but trust me it ain't no joke. She is on the money.
THE AMAKA:

chic2pimp i havent seen anyone like you.
stop assuming everything is about money money money. he is trying to FALL IN LOVE with the girl and get the girl to appreciate him for him.
like he said, he isnt spending any money on her and if he really falls in love with her and she does the same, then maybe he can buy her nice things.

im starting to think many guys on this forum are playah hatin, i mean come on.

chic2pimp if thats how you think, you will have no real wife or woman that cares about you or really gives a rat's ass about you. dont mind it when she is banging the guy next door and hell say "It wasnt me"

*hiss*
All dis wey u yarn na pure opata. As long as the bobo get money he is in.
@ poster In naija na the rich dey enjoy pass. A word is enough for the wise.
davidylan:

Amaka what do you know about love?
I tire ooo.
Re: What Must I, A Non Nigerian Do To Woo A Lagos Lady. by Magz(m): 5:43am On Sep 08, 2009
Well, I'm just saying that if you love someone, do what it takes to be with them. Of course it isn't just all about money money money, but it will certainly help. Without it though, you will just have to be really creative in your effort of pursuing the one you love,

Bottom line, you have to be persistent and be willing to go to great lengths to get your woman.

Regardless of what, I am still routing for the poster. wink
Re: What Must I, A Non Nigerian Do To Woo A Lagos Lady. by THEAMAKA(f): 5:44am On Sep 08, 2009
you dont have to have been in "love" or fake love or whatever to have a say on this thread.
some of you people and youre thinking is SOOO OFF.
yes money does matter but it shouldnt be ALL that matters.
thats why he is really trying to get to know her to see if she is fake or not or if she keeps demanding for gifts and to send her money and things like that.
if she does that then you know its a RED FLAG!!

shocked
Re: What Must I, A Non Nigerian Do To Woo A Lagos Lady. by Nobody: 5:45am On Sep 08, 2009
@chimp

I tire for you. Stop it this moment
Re: What Must I, A Non Nigerian Do To Woo A Lagos Lady. by THEAMAKA(f): 5:45am On Sep 08, 2009
FL Gators:

@chimp

DITTO!! angry angry angry

Magz:

Well, I'm just saying that if you love someone, do what it takes to be with them. Of course it isn't just all about money money money, but it will certainly help. Without it though, you will just have to be really creative in your effort of pursuing the one you love,

Bottom line, you have to be persistent and be willing to go to great lengths to get your woman.

Regardless of what, I am still routing for the poster. wink
Magz come and get me NOW!! grin grin grin
Re: What Must I, A Non Nigerian Do To Woo A Lagos Lady. by chic2pimp(m): 5:48am On Sep 08, 2009
FL Gators:

@chimp

Me too I tire for u jare.
THE AMAKA:

DITTO!! angry angry angry
Gbe enu da ke jare.
Re: What Must I, A Non Nigerian Do To Woo A Lagos Lady. by THEAMAKA(f): 5:49am On Sep 08, 2009
BLAH BLAH, WOMP WOMP!
just say something i dont understand, it aint biting me. tongue
but seriously, SHUT UP!
Re: What Must I, A Non Nigerian Do To Woo A Lagos Lady. by Magz(m): 5:52am On Sep 08, 2009
@ Chic2pimp

Translation plz? cool cheesy
Re: What Must I, A Non Nigerian Do To Woo A Lagos Lady. by chic2pimp(m): 5:54am On Sep 08, 2009
THE AMAKA:

BLAH BLAH, WOMP WOMP!
just say something i dont understand, it aint biting me. tongue
but seriously, SHUT UP!
. U like wahala too much seriously.
Re: What Must I, A Non Nigerian Do To Woo A Lagos Lady. by THEAMAKA(f): 5:57am On Sep 08, 2009
wahala? you are the one looking and trying to snap onto something every minute.

Magz, didnt i say come and get me?!?! undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

See What Man Sent To His Daughter After She Asked Him For Money On Whatsapp(pic / Most Annoying Nairalander / Nigerian/black Men, Please Stop Disgracing Us (disgraceful Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.