Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,907 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:25 PM

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Plans To Remarry As Anita Reverts To Maiden Name-ThisDay - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Plans To Remarry As Anita Reverts To Maiden Name-ThisDay (56774 Views)

Prophet Samuel Kayode Abiara To Remarry At 75 / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome And Benny Hinn At Sea Of Galilee, Israel (Photos) / Anita Oyakhilome Remarries - Dawn-To-Dusk News (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Plans To Remarry As Anita Reverts To Maiden Name-ThisDay by okangisaiah(f): 1:28pm On Jul 04, 2016
All this funky pastors and their PASTORPRENEURSHIP business. Chris Okotie married 3 times yet it was not working out he still divorced all, I know he still some bed warmers. His name sake is equally warming up to be like him. If their marriages don't stand the test of time, how can they counsel /advise me when I run to them to help marriage.

BTW it is better to divorce , live and create your own happiness than to live in continuous regret all through your life. Though uneasy lies the head that wears the crown.
Na the woman wear shoe and she know where the shoe de bite her, so respect her wish
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Plans To Remarry As Anita Reverts To Maiden Name-ThisDay by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jul 04, 2016
His problem started with pride. He is totally lost now. When he dissociate from PFN and refuted corrections and then decided to become a one-man-island ministry...that was it. No one to reconcile them because all the people in his ministries are his stooge. If he had aligned himself with others, there would have been one or two that both he and his wife would respect and heed to. Pastor Adeboye does this a lot in the PFN circle. The leadership tussles in Foursquare, and some others were settled because of people like Adeboye.
There is a lesson here. In leadership, please dont be the oga patapata, please do have a mentor that you respect and that walk the talk. Crucial!
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Plans To Remarry As Anita Reverts To Maiden Name-ThisDay by aguking: 1:47pm On Jul 04, 2016
VictorRomanov:
King James Version
Mt 19:9:

.many are called but few are chosen.am sorry if i am judging but frm the assertion,by their fruits you shall knw them,chris oyakhilome is epitome of fake.i lost my respect for him after i watched him said,masturbation is a habit not a sin
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Plans To Remarry As Anita Reverts To Maiden Name-ThisDay by mario2k(m): 2:28pm On Jul 04, 2016
I have known this man right from inception,at some point he dropped the bible and started using Tab as a bible.He is one of those people spreading false messages leading people to Hell.No wonder the bible say By their fruit you shall know them.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Plans To Remarry As Anita Reverts To Maiden Name-ThisDay by mario2k(m): 2:30pm On Jul 04, 2016
I have known this man right from inception,at some point he dropped the bible and started using Tab as a bible that was when the devill took over him fully.He is one of those people spreading false messages leading people to Hell.No wonder the bible say 'By their fruit you shall know them". Hand join together the wicked shall never go unpunished.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Plans To Remarry As Anita Reverts To Maiden Name-ThisDay by Boldtrust(m): 2:51pm On Jul 04, 2016
You don't need prophet Elijah to tell you this is baseless and false. Desperate bloggers trying all means to get attention and traffic. Nonsense.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Plans To Remarry As Anita Reverts To Maiden Name-ThisDay by Emeka71(m): 2:51pm On Jul 04, 2016
martineverest:
na waoo...pastors sef

xpect high level of bleaching cream usage.

one of d reasons i dont give pastors special regards...i see dem as fellow humans,instead of semi'-god
Afterall; Anita gave him the ticket to re-marry.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Plans To Remarry As Anita Reverts To Maiden Name-ThisDay by florencepoko2: 3:14pm On Jul 04, 2016
I prefer that he divorce to remarry, that to kill his wife in order to remarry, it was seen pastors who have eliminated their wives physically able to remarry in accordance to the Bible, after all, this is only a human and if he continued to live without his wife by his side, he also commits the sin of adultery. The so Lord his guide. Perhaps Anita is not the bone of his bone, the flesh of his flesh ?? grin grin
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Plans To Remarry As Anita Reverts To Maiden Name-ThisDay by lupa74(f): 3:25pm On Jul 04, 2016
Touch not my anointed________________complete the rest.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Plans To Remarry As Anita Reverts To Maiden Name-ThisDay by bezimo(m): 3:27pm On Jul 04, 2016
VictorRomanov:
King James Version

I think there is another clause saying if the wife leaveth her husband, the husband is free to remarry.

I think Anita left Pst Chris Oyahkilome and refused to return to the marriage despite all attempts to get her back.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Plans To Remarry As Anita Reverts To Maiden Name-ThisDay by florencepoko2: 3:31pm On Jul 04, 2016
Black women with fair skin, albino, calm down, Chris is not going to marry an African or a black woman, he will marry a white woman because he thinks it's the white woman who deserves his. grin grin
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Plans To Remarry As Anita Reverts To Maiden Name-ThisDay by VictorRomanov: 3:48pm On Jul 04, 2016
bezimo:

I think there is another clause saying if the wife leaveth her husband, the husband is free to remarry.

I think Anita left Pst Chris Oyahkilome and refused to return to the marriage despite all attempts to get her back.

Pls be sure. Don't just think. Quote the scripture.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Plans To Remarry As Anita Reverts To Maiden Name-ThisDay by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jul 04, 2016
cheesy money is good oo.when u are rich and famous women will kill themselves over u grin.in between why is it only fair skinned chicks tht are fighting over him? wat of d darkskinned sistas? abi pastor chris dey discriminate? shocked
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Plans To Remarry As Anita Reverts To Maiden Name-ThisDay by Bobmaintain: 3:59pm On Jul 04, 2016
mario2k:
I have known this man right from inception,at some point he dropped the bible and started using Tab as a bible.He is one of those people spreading false messages leading people to Hell.No wonder the bible say By their fruit you shall know them.

My dear. The bible was originally written in scrolls and stones. Perhaps, one chapter to one scroll. So If using a Tab now is a sign that one has backsliden, then let us go back to carrying scrolls to church.
And I'm imagining how many huge scrolls you will be coming to church with, and how you will look carrying them to church after getting well dressed!

The world is evolving, get modified and adapt!

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Plans To Remarry As Anita Reverts To Maiden Name-ThisDay by oshaosha2014(m): 4:16pm On Jul 04, 2016
Wow! I guess u don't have humans in catholic, they are simply two-winged angel made with pure light who worship there. Read the news OK.
princeofpeace22:
New generation churches angry
Practicing Jesus PLC

I remain a Catholic till I die cool Amen
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Plans To Remarry As Anita Reverts To Maiden Name-ThisDay by orunto27: 4:26pm On Jul 04, 2016
Chris is not a eunuch, so it's in order. Anita too can remarry.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Plans To Remarry As Anita Reverts To Maiden Name-ThisDay by Ranchhoddas: 4:30pm On Jul 04, 2016
sambiyi:

This your post is a cook up news that doesn't exist. I am a pastor in this church and how come I didn't know about it.
See you better save your future and generation by lying, back bitting and criticism. You will not grow if you continue this act.
Thank you
This was how you all denied the divorce.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Plans To Remarry As Anita Reverts To Maiden Name-ThisDay by Topgainer: 4:38pm On Jul 04, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
This was how you all denied the divorce.
They are always predictable https://www.nairaland.com/3133613/anita-ebhodaghe-im-still-divorced/9#46135482

Re: Anita Ebhodaghe: I’m Still Divorced, Not A Part Of Christ Embassy by Topgainer: 8:52pm On May 30

RadicallyBlunt:

And help your ignorance. Mumu.
U think becus u quote scripture, u have knowledge? Any theologist can do that.
When they say pray against reproaches that would make ppl ask "where is ur God". This is what it means. Or how does a divorcee pastor qualify to preach abt heaven or heaven inspired sermons. Do divorcees make heaven? He probably doesn't even know what d heaven is about

Where have u ever heard that adeboye who preaches against divorce or kumuyi have divorce cases. Shd I say satan has robbed ur knowledge with religion?
You can't point the truth to a Love worlderian and they will take it. These guys are captives to a strong man. It is only God that can pull them out.
When the news that Chris is having issues with his wife first surfaced 7 years ago, it came then with Pastor Chris being found in an unbecoming position and too much friendliness to a particular occupant of the White House. They all said it was a rumour. That the marriage was by divine direction, ordained by God and an exemplary
Then the whole thing was made public following Pastor Chris refusal to send away particular occupants and then divorce came. Even then some online warriors like Gombs said no way, it is rumour spread by detractors
It is also instructive to know that within this period, He was churning out a lot of unscriptural statements, smoking, tattoos, mas.tur.ba tion, once saved saved forever. Some other preachers tried to correct him on some of these things. He insisted that he is always right on that his live program. At a particular instance, he claimed it was a case of inferior pastors criticizing their superior. Of course, he was a best seller, a crowd puller, a miracle worker, the only person whose interpretation to scriptures is absolute and indeed a superior authority to all Nigerian Pastors

But because the divorce had taken place, I already knew and was expecting his thugs to come up with the following
1. Divorce does not matter, it is not a criteria for heaven and God's approval.
a twisted message on divorce in their various business outposts
2. Anita is the devil she wants to pull our man of God down, and other mind games to frustrate the woman, perhaps match her into guilt, depression and suicide.
3. All sorts of sermon, unverifiable, as they could be to defend divorce. e.g. Paul was divorced because he could not have been a Pharisee without a wife. They will not factor in the fact that celibacy could have been the case in Paul's
4. The scripture that says that a man that can't rule his household is not fit to prescribe(a Bishop, to Shepherd) over a Church will be wished away. Never to be read in their gatherings
5. I will also expect them to arrange a new wife for their man of God because it is not good for a man to be alone. There will also be handy scriptures twisted to favour the new position as was in the case of Pastor Chris Okotie
6. They will be ready to defend every new controversies Pastor Chris will be involved in. Although, his good friend Prophet TB Joshua has since decided to minimize areas in his life and ministry that brings up a lot questions, Chris does not appear to be someone who will be humble enough to tow the part of seeking peace

thinking it is possible for the Holy Ghost and the Spirit of filthiness to co-exist in the same person. In fact, to them it is all normal to be speaking in tongues while mastu.r bating, divorcing, harbouring skimpy dressed ladies, smoking weeds and herbs, breeding thugs, extorting people, tattoos, relaxer hair for men and bleaching skin
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Plans To Remarry As Anita Reverts To Maiden Name-ThisDay by Omonigeriarere: 4:41pm On Jul 04, 2016
[s]
princeofpeace22:
Practicing Jesus PLC

[/s]

Mtchewwwwwwwwwwwwww...

As if Jesus belongs to any denomination.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Plans To Remarry As Anita Reverts To Maiden Name-ThisDay by annice2014: 5:13pm On Jul 04, 2016
Toks2008:

Sometimes I smh when I read some comments.

It takes two to tango. If you like be superfilled with the holy spirit..if the other party is filled with evill spirit no matter how hard you try u just can't make such stay.
Then that's why u must pray for God to intervene, divorce is not an option for a child of God. If d other partner still refuse to stay, then u'l have to stay unmarried cos remarrying when ur partner is still alive is a sin. This is only applicable to God's children
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Plans To Remarry As Anita Reverts To Maiden Name-ThisDay by symbianDON(m): 5:13pm On Jul 04, 2016
Enrichlee:
by categorically saying masturbation is not a sin and by divorcing and planning to remarry.
you are quoting him out of context, I assure you. in the forum where he answered a phone in question regarding masturbation (I watched it live on tv), there was no time he said masturbation wasn't a sin! and as for the divorce thing, I will like you to shed more light on exactly how he encouraged it seeing that he wasn't the one who filed for the divorce suit in the first instance and considering, also, that he made concerted efforts at reconciliation. forget about the said plans to remarry until you hear him say.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Plans To Remarry As Anita Reverts To Maiden Name-ThisDay by ucee64(m): 5:14pm On Jul 04, 2016
princeofpeace22:
New generation churches angry Practicing Jesus PLC
yes bro proudly Catholic.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Plans To Remarry As Anita Reverts To Maiden Name-ThisDay by tehagy: 5:15pm On Jul 04, 2016

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Plans To Remarry As Anita Reverts To Maiden Name-ThisDay by Had1zasaf: 5:17pm On Jul 04, 2016
princeofpeace22:
Practicing Jesus PLC

We are all Catholics
How be it we ain't roman catholics

When u want to start talking go read church history brother.
Your so called first pope spoke in tongues, healed the sick and was a master evangelist,is that what your own denomination is doing today?
If theres no real there can be a fake,do ur own and stop condemning others bruv
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Plans To Remarry As Anita Reverts To Maiden Name-ThisDay by holocron: 5:18pm On Jul 04, 2016
VictorRomanov:
King James Version

According to your quote, pastor chris has done no wrong. He did not put away his wife. She was the one who left on her own. So he is blameless.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Plans To Remarry As Anita Reverts To Maiden Name-ThisDay by VictorRomanov: 5:22pm On Jul 04, 2016
holocron:

According to your quote, pastor chris has done no wrong. He did not put away his wife. She was the one who left on her own. So he is blameless.

Mind reader! Did i say he did wrong?

However since u want to rationalize on the scriptures, let's do it.

Point 1: in the Jesus' day it was the custom for men to divorce women and rarely vice versa. Now let's say Jesus was alive on earth today when any partner, male or female, could get a divorce, u honestly feel he would reason the way u re doing now?

Point 2: notice that he who marries a woman who was put away commits adultery. What would happen to a woman who marries a man who was put away by his wife?

I leave u to ruminate on both questions.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Plans To Remarry As Anita Reverts To Maiden Name-ThisDay by Topgainer: 5:25pm On Jul 04, 2016
holocron:

Yes, he does no wrong because he is god and told you so. A blameless man indeed while Anita is a shedevil
let me help you with a quotation much like you guys are good at forcing the scriptures to fit your fancy
"He cannot sin because the seed of God is in him and all his sins can never be considered sin before his god"
The Damage the Hybrid Pastors and Prophets have done to Christianity cannot be quantified. Anyway, these things were spoken of concerning the last days
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Plans To Remarry As Anita Reverts To Maiden Name-ThisDay by Toks2008(m): 6:11pm On Jul 04, 2016
annice2014:

Then that's why u must pray for God to intervene, divorce is not an option for a child of God. If d other partner still refuse to stay, then u'l have to stay unmarried cos remarrying when ur partner is still alive is a sin. This is only applicable to God's children

If an unbelieving spouse leaves and ends the marriage, the other is released and is free to remarry.

1st Corinthians 7:15
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Plans To Remarry As Anita Reverts To Maiden Name-ThisDay by holocron: 6:47pm On Jul 04, 2016
VictorRomanov:

Mind reader! Did i say he did wrong?

However since u want to rationalize on the scriptures, let's do it

Point 1: in the Jesus' day it was the custom for men to divorce women and rarely vice versa. Now let's say Jesus was alive on earth today when any partner, male or female, could get a divorce, u honestly feel he would reason the way u re doing now?

Put yourself in pastor chris shoes. What could you really do, if a woman is bent on leaving you despite all your efforts at a rapprochement? And she has gone to the courts and annulled the marriage and published same in the press?

Point 2: notice that he who marries a woman who was put away commits adultery. What would happen to a woman who marries a man who was put away by his wife?

What you are now saying is that, as the divorce has become an accomplished fact despite his efforts against it, he must stay without a patner? Let's not add or subtract words from the scriptures. As to what happens to a man who was put away by his wife, the scriptures did not specify-perhaps it was irrelevant; so your guess is as good as mine. Mine? Nothing happens to the man.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Plans To Remarry As Anita Reverts To Maiden Name-ThisDay by VictorRomanov: 7:04pm On Jul 04, 2016
holocron:

Put yourself in pastor chris shoes. What could you really do, if a woman is bent on leaving you despite all your efforts at a rapprochement? And she has gone to the courts and annulled the marriage and published same in the press?

Asking what he should do is very irrelevant! I didnt write the bible. The day one becomes a christian, he vows to follow Jesus and his commands whether it be easy or not. He has an option of either stop being a christian and do whatever he wants with his life or continue being a christian and stick to what the bible says.

What you are now saying is that, as the divorce has become an accomplished fact despite his efforts against it, he must stay without a patner? Let's not add or subtract words from the scriptures. As to what happens to a man who was put away by his wife, the scriptures did not specify-perhaps it was irrelevant; so your guess is as good as mine. Mine? Nothing happens to the man.

Like i mention before, it wasn't the custom back then for women to put away their husbands, so Jesus addressed the issue in his day. Saying nothing happens to the man if his wife divorces him would mean that what the bible says does not hold for both sexies. It's more lenient for the man than it is for the woman. In other words, if it was pastor Chris that divorced his wife, anyone marrying her would commit adultery but if she divorces pastor Chris, anyone marrying him is free from adultery. Right?
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Plans To Remarry As Anita Reverts To Maiden Name-ThisDay by aalangel(f): 9:20pm On Jul 04, 2016
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Plans To Remarry As Anita Reverts To Maiden Name-ThisDay by Ken4Christ: 9:34pm On Jul 04, 2016
Pastor Chris Oyakhilome still have good number of followers, so he is not moved by the divorce. Sometimes, members help their Pastors to stay on a wrong decision. Well, I did not support Pastor Anita for filing for divorce. Perhaps, she should have spent more time seeking the face of God for the way forward. Maybe, she should also have surrounded herself with male workers living with her and see how Pastor Chris would react. I guess, she took the case to court thinking, he might take her demand more serious but that wasn't the case.

On the part of Pastor Chris, what effort did he make to save his marriage when he heard the wife had asked for divorce? Please, insiders, tell us. What she was asking for was not outrageous demands. From the little we heard, she wanted the ladies in the white house to leave. Why was it difficult for Pastor Chris to meet this demand and save his marriage? Again, she complained he does not spend time with his family. Every woman wants attention not just money or position. That also means, they don't have sex as they should. Who wants to marry a man that she will hardly see by her bedside talk more of making love?

There is absolutely no need to seek for a new wife since ministry will always keep them apart. If you can't give attention to your wife, then don't marry. Unless, this time around, he will change the rules. Right now most of the Senior Pastors hardly see their wives. It shouldn't be. I believe in loyalty but not foolish loyalty.

God will judge anyone who mistreats others without apology. Pastor Anita was hurting and all she got was leave if you want to. Can members really convince me she was never hurt? If she was, has she been appeased? She was even settled with peanuts to move on with her life after all her investment in the ministry.

Pastor Chris already has put himself in danger of hell fire. If he doesn't do what is right, he may not be spared. God is no respecter of persons.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I’m Facing Hard Times – TB Joshua / "Pastor Adeboye Won't Make Heaven" - Daddy Freeze Gives 5 Reasons / Bible Scholars Should Explain Psalms 23:5 For Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.