Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:43 AM

The Nairaland Ban - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Nairaland Ban (754 Views)

Two Nlanders Invites The Nairaland Family To Their Wedding. See Pre Wedding Pics / Leaked Pics From The Nairaland Broke Party! Enter Here!!!!!!! / See The Plans And Venue Of The Nairaland Beach Party (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Nairaland Ban by 0ubenji(m): 9:20am On Jul 04, 2016
I neva knew wat it was or in what form it comes...
The 1st time I experienced it..I tot it was a site glitch..checked in later nd all was normal..
All I eva get to see is "sorry u're unable to do bla bla..try again in few hours"..
I had to do an understudy of NL's rules/regulations b4 I cud guess dat was aw a NL ban manifests..
too bad I had to guess to knw what shud be an official notice
-----------------------------------------------
The one tin evri addicted NLander dreads the most; A BAN
The ban in itself is the most vital entity that maintains some level of social sanity on this site..it serves as the Executive arm of NL's gov't..
There are statutes nd rules(postulated by SEUN probably) that needs be followed or a user risks "THE BAN"..
In any structured system(formal or informal)..what is deemed illegal nd punishable is based on the premise of a constitution which must av been set prior to an eventuality..
The motive of the deterrent is only not to punish(in whatever way) the defaulter for erring, but to point out the the exact reason or instance wherein the law was defiled in d 1st place..
This is more important than the punishment coz its essence is to ensure a lesser likelihood of a repeated crime..hence the offender bcums enlightened..
This is why an accused must be "charged" wit his crime in a prosecution process, whereby the accused is officially notified of deeds considered antipodal to the premise of the law..
This policy applies to evri form of structured gov't, be it virtual or physical
Even on social media sites like facebook and the likes..u get an official notice of deeds contrary to their rules as soon as a deterrent measure is slammed on d user..
--------------------------------------------
E.G: You're no longer allowed to send friend requests at this time because u av **bla..bla..bla...**(this is an official notice that the user definitely checks out for next time, which is more important than the punishment in order achieve a user-base of law-abiding individuals)
However, I regrettably find dis feature wanting on NL..
MODs wud place a ban on a user without an official notice as to why dat is..
leaving the user(if law-abiding) confused as to what he/she must av done wrong..
**A sinner is only one when he knows the sin**(Not evri sinner knws the sin)
No wonder they say "IGNORANCE IS BLISS"
The ban serves no purpose for the banned user if he knws nt exactly wat he/she got banned for, in a case of bein oblivious of the crime..
that is if the said MOD did that within the confines of due process..
Coz I av witnessed countless cases on NL where users complained of bein unjustly banned by MODs gone on sentimental overdrive..that is definitely expected of humans and our tendency for monopoly of power if not "checked & balanced"
------------------------------------------
On a lighter note, if there were no "convincing statement" pre-requisites demanded of the police when an accused is bein presented..the rate of injustice in our society today wud av been way overboard(dis is some sort of check n balance, tho not foolproof obviously)
SEUN OSEWA(if u get to c dis)..u need to put ur mods in check..however, if thrz anoda reasonable mod(wit due respect to the odaz) as I sense lalasticlala to be..
Don't treat dis issue wit levity..
Somtin has to be done..
Not evri banned user wud knw wah he/she did wrong to avoid a 2nd case..
The features of dis site owes a banned user a "notice of breach"...
This way, an appeal, whenever necessary, can be made by the user(as is d case in evri structured system)
A user gets to argue out his rights being abused by whatever mod who might av erroneously placed an undeserving ban in such a case....THANKS
Re: The Nairaland Ban by Nobody: 9:23am On Jul 04, 2016
And you will get banned again for this thread..lolz
Re: The Nairaland Ban by 0ubenji(m): 9:27am On Jul 04, 2016
dollyjuke:
And you will get banned again for this thread..lolz
Fair enuf..that'd drive home my point wella sef
Re: The Nairaland Ban by iPopAlomo(m): 10:43am On Jul 04, 2016
Lol... the time I got banned for the most absurd reason ever was when I asked one xenophobic south African girl "if she was drunk...?" I even used question mark... but she reported me... and because she's a girl and the mod in romance section too nah girl... dem dash me ban... the thing pain me... not the ban... but that I got banned for asking a legit question...

then there's no yardstick to measure the of a ban... I've seen someone banned to 2024... as in... shay he kill person nii...? I don't even know...
Re: The Nairaland Ban by schumastic(m): 10:58am On Jul 04, 2016
op i agree with you...there was this time i got banned for nothing like and i had to call on seun before they canceled it. if any of the mod is going to ban someone, let them give notice to the person and let him know the rule he broke.
another case i would like to point out is this.take for instance two persons A and B get into a huge argument, both of them start insulting each other, B calls out the mod that he has been insulted by A (NOTE: both of them insulted each other).. A gets banned why B still remains, have justice been served? NO

if the mods are going to ban anyone they should allow him defend himself first or get to the root of what started it before banning someone..to me is more or less like jungle justice , where one can't defend him or her self..SEUN pls address this thanks.
Re: The Nairaland Ban by hardbody: 6:35pm On Jul 05, 2016
iPopAlomo:
Lol... the time I got banned for the most absurd reason ever was when I asked one xenophobic south African girl "if she was drunk...?" I even used question mark... but she reported me... and because she's a girl and the mod in romance section too nah girl... dem dash me ban... the thing pain me... not the ban... but that I got banned for asking a legit question...

then there's no yardstick to measure the of a ban... I've seen someone banned to 2024... as in... shay he kill person nii...? I don't even know...

Ban till 2024? How is the mode sure that both the banner and banee will be alive then?

2 Likes

Re: The Nairaland Ban by hardbody: 6:40pm On Jul 05, 2016
schumastic:
op i agree with you...there was this time i got banned for nothing like and i had to call on seun before they canceled it. if any of the mod is going to ban someone, let them give notice to the person and let him know the rule he broke.
another case i would like to point out is this.take for instance two persons A and B get into a huge argument, both of them start insulting each other, B calls out the mod that he has been insulted by A (NOTE: both of them insulted each other).. A gets banned why B still remains, have justice been served? NO

if the mods are going to ban anyone they should allow him defend himself first or get to the root of what started it before banning someone..to me is more or less like jungle justice , where one can't defend him or her self..SEUN pls address this thanks.

I perfectly agree with you. One lady insulted me and I gave it back to her in full measure, well shaken and pressed down she could not take it up the chin, she reported me and I got banned.

I am waiting to catch the mode that banned me in real life. We go follow go igbobi but i don't know the mode ooo

2 Likes

Re: The Nairaland Ban by LuveU2(f): 6:45pm On Jul 05, 2016
hardbody:

I perfectly agree with you. One lady insulted me and I gave it back to her in full measure, well shaken and pressed down she could not take it up the chin, she reported me and I got banned.

I am waiting to catch the mode that banned me in real life. We go follow go igbobi but i don't know the mode ooo
Lmao grin
Dearie pls take it easy. Somethings are not really worth it.

Now to cool your mind, how about you supporting my candidate Falconey for mr nairaland smiley how u see am

1 Like

Re: The Nairaland Ban by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jul 05, 2016
Just STFU and create a new account

1 Like

Re: The Nairaland Ban by 0ubenji(m): 7:32pm On Jul 05, 2016
Vanquay16:
Just STFU and create a new account
Lolz..sori bro..not evri1 is a nairaland desperado mehn...
A yoruba adage wud say decapitation ain't the cure for headache...#peace
Re: The Nairaland Ban by 0ubenji(m): 7:34pm On Jul 05, 2016
hardbody:

Haha..I can imagine the WRATH...
Re: The Nairaland Ban by schumastic(m): 9:15pm On Jul 05, 2016
hardbody:

I would prefer they have an appeal mode were one can appeal for his or her ban and if the mode sees need for the ban to be reverse, then he can do that n serve a warning to the person appealing by asking him or her to take down her post..if they see it as a stressfull work, I won't mind to be the appeal mode. recently I got banned for no reason, without breaking any of the rule..
Re: The Nairaland Ban by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jul 05, 2016
Ban sounds fun..
Re: The Nairaland Ban by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jul 05, 2016
Bunch of jobless idiots
Re: The Nairaland Ban by 0ubenji(m): 9:10am On Jul 07, 2016
schumastic:

I would prefer they have an appeal mode were one can appeal for his or her ban and if the mode sees need for the ban to be reverse, then he can do that n serve a warning to the person appealing by asking him or her to take down her post..if they see it as a stressfull work, I won't mind to be the appeal mode. recently I got banned for no reason, without breaking any of the rule..
Now that is a major shortcoming of NL which I addressed earlier...
some sort of civilized barbarism to me..
How wud a MOD feel when a police officer arrests him/her without being charged wit a crime...
These are the non-existent 'check & balances' that leaves room for possible practices of aristocracy amongst these MODs

(1) (Reply)

Bizzare:wife Discovers Husband To Be A Woman After Refusal Of Sex After Marriage / The Guys' Rules, Ladies Please Take Note / My Boobs Are Very Precious To Me – Nollywood Actress

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.