Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,166 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

Ikpeazu Tax Clearance Is Not Fake! - Abia IRS Says - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ikpeazu Tax Clearance Is Not Fake! - Abia IRS Says (18129 Views)

Ikpeazu’s Tax Certificate Wasn’t Forged, Abia Internal Revenue Service Clarifies / High Court Sacks Okezie Ikpeazu From Office / Ikpeazu Welcomes Tambuwal With Made-In-Aba Shoe To Abia State (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ikpeazu Tax Clearance Is Not Fake! - Abia IRS Says by buksaylor001: 12:00pm On Jul 04, 2016
Okijajuju1:

Oga..

I have been working for over 5 years.. Tell me again how Tax Clearance that your Company deducts at sorce can be arranged?

Most especially Tax of a State or Federal Civil Servant..

Bros,I don't want to reveal-I dey do am!

I am not talking about P.I.T that you pay based on income declared o!! I am talking of your salary where tax is deducted at source.
Re: Ikpeazu Tax Clearance Is Not Fake! - Abia IRS Says by anonimi: 12:04pm On Jul 04, 2016
BTW, has anyone seen Buhari's TAX clearance certificate?
I guess that one is a loooooonnnnnngggggg thing since even CCB asset declaration he has refused to make public despite promising to do so before the elections.
What an utterly CORRUPT soul.

PhockPhockMan:
But Buhari, in the document titled, ‘I pledge to Nigeria’ had also said that all his political appointees would only earn salaries and allowances as prescribed by the Revenue and Mobilisation and Fiscal Allocation Commission.

He said, “I pledge to publicly declare my assets and liabilities, encourage all my appointees publicly declare their assets and liabilities as a pre-condition for appointment. All political appointees will only earn the salaries and allowances determined by the RMFAC. I pledge, as Commander-in-Chief, to lead from the front and not behind in the comfort and security of Aso Rock, to boost the morale of fighting forces and the generality of all Nigerians.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/buhari-vp-fail-to-declare-assets-publicly/

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2464828_iwilldeclaremyassetspubliclybuhari20150531084337_jpeg3bd039b61769cbf4f77ec6ba5a354a26

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2837264_tmp9455fbimg14417792614671224457852_jpeg6dab6ee28b2554beeaa4f34b3a1f7675

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ikpeazu Tax Clearance Is Not Fake! - Abia IRS Says by seunmsg(m): 12:07pm On Jul 04, 2016
TamedWolf90:

Is it that you have problem comprehending written English or you lack adequate thinking facilities??,
So the part where he stated that they were not subpoenaed or inviting by uche ogar or the court pending the case is oblivious to you??

One problem is that we always argue without thinking rationally... I don't side anybody but atleast no knowledge is a waste... #NdiMmadu Sef

The problem with people like you is that you dont understand how the court works and still, you openly display your ignorance to the entire world. Why should the court subpoena the state internal revenue service when neither the prosecuting nor the defence team listed them as a witness? When you have a case to prosecute or defend in court, you call as many witness as possible to help your case. It is not the duty of the court to help you come up with witnesses to defend your case, that is the duty of your legal team.
Re: Ikpeazu Tax Clearance Is Not Fake! - Abia IRS Says by kahal29: 12:08pm On Jul 04, 2016
nwadiuko1:
th same thing I was saying the other day and one boy that feeds through his anus was making noise....

wheredemdey abeg come and receive a lecture on ACC 312

Nwadiuko my brother the Gov has a bad case the earlier you realize this fact the better for you my brother. The legal team of the Governor messed up this case - what they should have done at the trial stage of this case they are just doing now. For argument sake let us even assume without conceding that the state Board of internal revenue was not invited to state it's own side of the story - What effort did they make to get them testify as to help their case or tender this statement that was just issued as evidence in court? Even if they tried and the court refused them why didn't they order the Board to release this statement since or at least before the judgment was given? Now they waited till this morning which to me is an after thought.

Like some said here and which I totally agree with - the court cannot help a party in suit to prosecute it's case, it will only give judgment based on the facts presented before it and the question I have for you Ikpeazu supporters is - WHAT FACTS DID THEY PRESENT IN COURT cos it seems to me the legal team of the Governor just woke up from sleep.

1 Like

Re: Ikpeazu Tax Clearance Is Not Fake! - Abia IRS Says by kahal29: 12:10pm On Jul 04, 2016
seunmsg:

The problem with people like you is that you dont understand how the court works and still, you openly display your ignorance to the entire world. Why should the court subpoena the state internal revenue service when neither the prosecuting nor the defence team listed them as a witness? When you have a case to prosecute or defend in court, you call as many witness as possible to help your case. It is not the duty of the court to help you come up with witnesses to defend your case, that is the duty of your legal team.

Seriously I don't know what is wrong with my brothers they argue so blindly
Re: Ikpeazu Tax Clearance Is Not Fake! - Abia IRS Says by Johnrake69: 12:13pm On Jul 04, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:
Medicine After Death....You can only convince the overly sentimental IPOB Vandals with this afterthought....

You don't have to be like this all the time... Now, how was it possible to invalidate the said document without confirming with the issuer of the said document? Don't you think it's fishy.
Re: Ikpeazu Tax Clearance Is Not Fake! - Abia IRS Says by kahal29: 12:14pm On Jul 04, 2016
bestestgirl:
I wonder O!! if the court forgot to subpoena the revenue service, what happened to Ikpeazu's lawyers?? are they that daft??

Help me ask them oh
Re: Ikpeazu Tax Clearance Is Not Fake! - Abia IRS Says by kahal29: 12:18pm On Jul 04, 2016
Johnrake69:

You don't have to be like this all the time... Now, how was it possible to invalidate the said document without confirming with the issuer of the said document? Don't you think it's fishy.

Now whose duty is it to push for the validation of the said document - The judge or the Governors legal team? Why do we always like blaming others for our failure? Why did the Gov employ the services of his lawyers and why is he paying them?
Re: Ikpeazu Tax Clearance Is Not Fake! - Abia IRS Says by bababuff(m): 12:19pm On Jul 04, 2016
medicine after death tongue
Re: Ikpeazu Tax Clearance Is Not Fake! - Abia IRS Says by ejilife: 12:22pm On Jul 04, 2016
Justice Okon Abang is obviously doing the bidding of APC. The worst of it all, is that he now does it so openly. Justice Abang needs to be seriously investigated. Ditto for the unstable and somersulting Justice John Tosho (Both of Abuja Federal High Court). Brown envelop Justices!.
Re: Ikpeazu Tax Clearance Is Not Fake! - Abia IRS Says by TamedWolf90: 12:27pm On Jul 04, 2016
seunmsg:

Mr subpoena
Mr I understand how the court works
Your biased and dejectory lack of knowledge is alarming...
How can you say the prosecuting or the defence team didn't list the state revenue service as a witness when you had no atom of this case until it was brought to limelight by that justice obong whose cases are all under scrutiny Before the prosecuting team went to court, they should have gotten their facts right cause this is an insult on the state revenue board.....
I can see you have joined the APC gang...
Qoute me anywhere, One person can cook for a village and they will finish it but that one person can't finish what the village cooks for him....
This was how Buhari was supported till we got where we are today... I go slap you o..Lol

1 Like

Re: Ikpeazu Tax Clearance Is Not Fake! - Abia IRS Says by nwadiuko1(m): 12:30pm On Jul 04, 2016
kahal29:

Nwadiuko my brother the Gov has a bad case the earlier you realize this fact the better for you my brother. The legal team of the Governor messed up this case - what they should have done at the trial stage of this case they are just doing now. For argument sake let us even assume without conceding that the state Board of internal revenue was not invited to state it's own side of the story - What effort did they make to get them testify as to help their case or tender this statement that was just issued as evidence in court? Even if they tried and the court refused them why didn't they order the Board to release this statement since or at least before the judgment was given? Now they waited till this morning which to me is an after thought.

Like some said here and which I totally agree with - the court cannot help a party in suit to prosecute it's case, it will only give judgment based on the facts presented before it and the question I have for you Ikpeazu supporters is - WHAT FACTS DID THEY PRESENT IN COURT cos it seems to me the legal team of the Governor just woke up from sleep.
let's wait for the appeal court judgement my brother
Re: Ikpeazu Tax Clearance Is Not Fake! - Abia IRS Says by pedrilo: 12:32pm On Jul 04, 2016
seunmsg:
Nonsense, they should have presented this evidence in court before the judgement was given.
wat stopped the court from approaching abia state board of internal revenue for verification of the tax clearance before passing judgment?

1 Like

Re: Ikpeazu Tax Clearance Is Not Fake! - Abia IRS Says by pode(m): 12:33pm On Jul 04, 2016
Why all this bruhah for christ sake, if I may ask, where were this so called Abia State Internal Revenue Service when all this nonsense was going, what take them this long before they speak out, for Mr. Uche Ogeh whose interest is he fighting for, he's pocket or for the party, or the good people of Abians? Enough of this nonsense Governor Ikpeazu and Mr. Uche Ogah
Re: Ikpeazu Tax Clearance Is Not Fake! - Abia IRS Says by StreetMedia: 12:35pm On Jul 04, 2016
This is what I call "MAKE UP"...It fades.
All is Shit.
All killing themselves here, remember 2day is holiday cos of OJo. Who OJO eep?.
#AnyWhichWay
Re: Ikpeazu Tax Clearance Is Not Fake! - Abia IRS Says by nwadiuko1(m): 12:35pm On Jul 04, 2016
kahal29:

and my comment there is not really about the case.......its about my submission on the process of tax documentation which one "wheredemdey" was doubting and calling me all sort of names
Re: Ikpeazu Tax Clearance Is Not Fake! - Abia IRS Says by TamedWolf90: 12:36pm On Jul 04, 2016
kahal29:

Friend, don't you think something is just not adding up?
Before Inec said they received no notice of appeal so they rushed to Issue a certificate of return... When the defense team presented evidence, inec changed tone... I don't think they have been sleeping, I think they are being meditating.. Nonetheless na dem sabi. Whichever way the pendulum swings, I only want justice served
Re: Ikpeazu Tax Clearance Is Not Fake! - Abia IRS Says by shaibu123: 12:41pm On Jul 04, 2016
Let him okezie and his legal team submit it to the court of appeal. First,he most obey court order and step down and wait for the appeal court decision.
Re: Ikpeazu Tax Clearance Is Not Fake! - Abia IRS Says by seunmsg(m): 12:46pm On Jul 04, 2016
pedrilo:
wat stopped the court from approaching abia state board of internal revenue for verification of the tax clearance before passing judgment?

Read my earlier submissions on this thread. The court cannot go out of its way to look for witness for parties in a case, that is the duty of the legal teams of the parties. The court will then decide the case based on the evidence of the witnesses called by the contending parties. What is there that you people dont understand?
Re: Ikpeazu Tax Clearance Is Not Fake! - Abia IRS Says by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jul 04, 2016
Blind Zombieism is when you think Buhari who presented fake waec certificate is still the president while Ikpeasu should leave his seat because of tax certificate

In Nigeria, employers are responsible for remitting his taxes not him.

1 Like

Re: Ikpeazu Tax Clearance Is Not Fake! - Abia IRS Says by kahal29: 12:48pm On Jul 04, 2016
nwadiuko1:
let's wait for the appeal court judgement my brother

Nwanne this case na ewute mu so much
Re: Ikpeazu Tax Clearance Is Not Fake! - Abia IRS Says by kahal29: 12:57pm On Jul 04, 2016
seunmsg:

Read my earlier submissions on this thread. The court cannot go out of its way to look for witness for parties in a case, that is the duty of the legal teams of the parties. The court will then decide the case based on the evidence of the witnesses called by the contending parties. What is there that you people dont understand?

Thank you my brother. In fact it is to the advantage of the prosecution team that you as a defendant fail in your defense by not doing what you are supposed to do so as help him the prosecutor win the case vice versa.

1 Like

Re: Ikpeazu Tax Clearance Is Not Fake! - Abia IRS Says by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jul 04, 2016
seunmsg:
Nonsense, they should have presented this evidence in court before the judgement was given.
did read the article at all? Can't see where the said that the judge and the petitioner did not invite them to testify?

Our judiciary is in total mess!
Re: Ikpeazu Tax Clearance Is Not Fake! - Abia IRS Says by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jul 04, 2016
seunmsg:

from what ikpeazu lawyer said on channel TV,his team recommended that Ibia tax agency to come and testify but,the judge denied them the opportunity.

You should now ask,why did the judge do so.

3 Likes

Re: Ikpeazu Tax Clearance Is Not Fake! - Abia IRS Says by Shuen: 1:17pm On Jul 04, 2016
Hmmmmm, i thought today is public holiday in Abia state. How come a government agency is releasing a statement today? shocked shocked shocked
Just thinking aloud
Re: Ikpeazu Tax Clearance Is Not Fake! - Abia IRS Says by Eluwilussit(m): 1:21pm On Jul 04, 2016
MadamExcellency:
No matter on whose side you are in support, if the last paragraph is true then something is wrong somewhere.

Is it possible to declare a document fake without inviting the issuing authority?

Thank God for people like you. There's hope. God bless you. grin
Re: Ikpeazu Tax Clearance Is Not Fake! - Abia IRS Says by pedrilo: 1:28pm On Jul 04, 2016
seunmsg:

haba, u r the one failing to understand the politics behind this judgment,
the main case brought before this judge is that Ikpeazu submitted fake tax clearance prior to his elections.
Any hard working judge with a sound mind will request a forensic investigation be carried out to ascertain if they r fake or not, and also request for Ikpeazu's original tax clearance from ASBIR to validate the ones submitted by the accused b4 his elections.
But bn a very lazy, corrupt and incompetent judge, he prefers to deliver a judgement that contradicts simple logic and COMMON SENSE.
If this judgment is appealed, and a sound and hardworking appellate judge overrules it and goes ahead to do the right thing by requesting ASBIR to present Ikpeazu's original tax clearance, this lazy and corrupt judge deserves to be De-barred.
Re: Ikpeazu Tax Clearance Is Not Fake! - Abia IRS Says by KissCODE(m): 1:29pm On Jul 04, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:
Medicine After Death....You can only convince the overly sentimental IPOB Vandals with this afterthought....
you disgust me so much.

Why didnt the court or Ogar invite them at least as second or third defendant okay maybe as just a witness?

How did the court or Ogar know that the tax return Ikpezu filed is fake or falso when the “supposedly“ issuer was not invite to authenticate or orderwise the receipt?

My challenge with ZOMBIES is that you people think we all are like you that dont use your heads.

Tufia too bad.

2 Likes

Re: Ikpeazu Tax Clearance Is Not Fake! - Abia IRS Says by aguone(m): 1:30pm On Jul 04, 2016
Yes, "IF there is any irregularity with the tax certificate, the issuing authority will be the ones to explain" when they are invited to do so. So why did Ikpeazu legal team fail to invite the tax authority to appear as defence witness?
Re: Ikpeazu Tax Clearance Is Not Fake! - Abia IRS Says by NgeneUkwenu(f): 1:37pm On Jul 04, 2016
KissCODE:
you disgust me so much.

Why didnt the court or Ogar invite them at least as second or third defendant okay maybe as just a witness?

How did the court or Ogar know that the tax return Ikpezu filed is fake or falso when the “supposedly“ issuer was not invite to authenticate or orderwise the receipt?

You are just an illiterate.....Dont quote me next time..
My challenge with ZOMBIES is that you people think we all are like you that dont use your heads.

Tufia too bad.

Is It the duty of the court to invite a witness or that of the defendant? You are a just an illiterate..

1 Like

Re: Ikpeazu Tax Clearance Is Not Fake! - Abia IRS Says by nwadiuko1(m): 1:41pm On Jul 04, 2016
aguone:
Yes, "IF there is any irregularity with the tax certificate, the issuing authority will be the ones to explain" when they are invited to do so. So why did Ikpeazu legal team fail to invite the tax authority to appear as defence witness?
you cannot just walk into a courtroom and start talking as a witness, according to ikpeazu's legal team, they asked that the issuing authority be called as a witness, the judge overruled them.............

1 Like

Re: Ikpeazu Tax Clearance Is Not Fake! - Abia IRS Says by seunmsg(m): 1:47pm On Jul 04, 2016
frankline5:
from what ikpeazu lawyer said on channel TV,his team recommended that Ibia tax agency to come and testify but,the judge denied them the opportunity.

You should now did the judge do so.

Still goes to show that the governors legal team is incompetent. If the evidence of the state internal revenue is key to the governors defence, his legal team should have appealed the refusal of the trial judge to admit the testimony of the state IRS. If their appeal was successful, the judge would have allowed them to testify.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Calm Returns To Maiduguri As Soldiers, Civilian-JTF Foil Boko Haram Attack / Osinbajo Sends Onnoghen’s Name To Senate For Confirmation As CJN / Ireti Kingibe: MKO Abiola Abandoned My Husband - Kingibe’s Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.