Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,997 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:50 AM

Street Urchins Take Over Abuja Bus Stops. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Street Urchins Take Over Abuja Bus Stops. (675 Views)

Ben Bruce And El-Rufai Trade Words On Twitter Over Abuja-Kaduna Railway / Photos Of Air Force Helicopters Providing Cover Over Abuja-Kaduna Highway / "I Won’t Resign Over Abuja Airport Closure" - Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Street Urchins Take Over Abuja Bus Stops. by IamPatriotic(m): 11:49am On Jul 04, 2016
Is any one here who is an Abuja resident come to the city centre through the Lugbe/Airport road? In recent time the road has been taken over by street urchins popularly called "agboros" these guys are laws unto themselves, they harass and embarrass road users at will, they put illegal police sign posts indiscriminately on the road and once one stops where they are regardless why you stop, they pounce on you and "arrest" you immediately and say one should pay a fine ranging from 5k to 10k and then register register with their road transport association, and if one tries resist them, they quickly take the car key and remove the back seat. They usually operate in numbers and would easily over power their victim because no one is ready to confront or ask them questions, on Saturday I fell victim to their recklessness because my wife wanted to buy water for my son, I applied the brake at a popular bus stop called Car wash, before my wife could beckon on the water vendor, these dirty, indian hemp stinking and stern looking guy were at my door saying I was trying to pick their passengers, even when they saw my wife and my children in the car ( a set of twins of 10 months and their elder brother of three years at the back, they insisted I must pay a fine of 4k on the spot which I vehemently resisted, it took the intervention of an old man and my stubbornness to leave that place unharmed because the guy they arrested shortly after I was "freed" wasn't as lucky as me me because he was beaten up even in the presence of a police man who was looking on as if he wasn't a police officer.
Has anyone ever being "arrested" by these people in any part of the FCT, Abuja and please what was the experience like?
Re: Street Urchins Take Over Abuja Bus Stops. by suyamasta(m): 5:29pm On Jul 04, 2016
This is sad, the FCT minister so far is a failure in administration

1 Like

Re: Street Urchins Take Over Abuja Bus Stops. by tuniski: 6:07pm On Jul 04, 2016
suyamasta:
This is sad, the FCT minister so far is a failure in administration

U meant the entire FG is a failure abi?

1 Like

Re: Street Urchins Take Over Abuja Bus Stops. by suyamasta(m): 6:49pm On Jul 04, 2016
tuniski:

U meant the entire FG is a failure abi?
Not the entire FG but Government is failing majorly in Nigeria from Federal to States and State Government are the worse! So the minister of FCT (Abuja Governor)right now is a failure
Re: Street Urchins Take Over Abuja Bus Stops. by Scream(m): 11:32pm On Jul 04, 2016
Like the Lagos broom men have imported some masquerades and their 100 dressers.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

REVEALED: How FG Plans To Prosecute And Jail Saraki And Ekweremadu / Gov Wike:Nigerians Are Yearning For The Return Of PDP(photos) / Abaribe Suggested Buhari's Impeachment, Not Saraki: Anonymous Senators

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.