Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,983 members, 7,810,742 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:17 PM

Flash: President Buhari Approves New Board Of Directors For NNPC(See The List) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Flash: President Buhari Approves New Board Of Directors For NNPC(See The List) (3310 Views)

Osinbajo Admits Approving N640 Billion Oil Contracts For NNPC / Breaking News: Buhari Finally Resumes, Meets AGF, GMD Nnpc...see Details / Buhari Nominates Non-Executive Directors For CBN, Sends Their Names To Senate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Flash: President Buhari Approves New Board Of Directors For NNPC(See The List) by Mztarstrechy(m): 5:39pm On Jul 04, 2016
President Muhammadu Buhari has approved the composition of the Board of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), as provided for under Section 1(2) of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation Act of 1997, as amended.
The new board is composed of the following:
A. Chairman-Dr Emmanuel Ibe Kachikwu, Honourable Minister of State for Petroleum;
B. Group Managing Director-Dr Maikanti Kacalla Baru;
C. The Permanent Secretary of the Federal Ministry of Finance; and
D. The following six persons:
1. Mallam Abba Kyari
2. Dr Thomas M.A John
3. Dr Pius O. Akinyelure
4. Dr Tajuddeen Umar
5. Mallam Mohammed Lawal, and
6. Mallam Yusuf Lawal.
President Buhari urges the new board to ensure the successful delivery of the mandate of the NNPC, " and serve the nation by upholding the public trust placed on them in managing this critical national asset."

Source: http://www.trezzyblog.com/2016/07/flash-president-buhari-approves-new.html
Re: Flash: President Buhari Approves New Board Of Directors For NNPC(See The List) by Mztarstrechy(m): 5:40pm On Jul 04, 2016
Error of Sidon dey look don pass

1 Like

Re: Flash: President Buhari Approves New Board Of Directors For NNPC(See The List) by ajasbaba(m): 5:43pm On Jul 04, 2016
Nah mallam full that list.

hmmmm i dey am watch for HD

6 Likes

Re: Flash: President Buhari Approves New Board Of Directors For NNPC(See The List) by macluvph1(m): 5:55pm On Jul 04, 2016
Same region(North).

Not surprise though just opened the thread to confirm the authenticity of my prediction.

Spits.....

Indeed there was a country.

5 Likes

Re: Flash: President Buhari Approves New Board Of Directors For NNPC(See The List) by RZArecta(m): 5:57pm On Jul 04, 2016
Buhari's nepotism on 7 speed automatic transmission running at 240kmph cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Flash: President Buhari Approves New Board Of Directors For NNPC(See The List) by rapistomenka: 6:04pm On Jul 04, 2016
Ibe Kachikwu has been removed and Baru made to replace him.

Report stories the way they really are please

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flash: President Buhari Approves New Board Of Directors For NNPC(See The List) by KINGwax007(m): 6:05pm On Jul 04, 2016
macluvph1:
Same region(North).

Not surprise though just opened the thread to confirm the authenticity of my prediction.

Spits.....

Indeed there was a country.
when u check ur daddy's name for new NNPC list but couldn't find it. you knw he's not qualified but he's a son of the soil
. u be like...

2 Likes

Re: Flash: President Buhari Approves New Board Of Directors For NNPC(See The List) by SeverusSnape(m): 6:10pm On Jul 04, 2016
Northernisation continues...

2 Likes

Re: Flash: President Buhari Approves New Board Of Directors For NNPC(See The List) by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jul 04, 2016
Lol.... 4 North, 1 yoloba, 1 ND and 0 omo Igbo....

Buhari sef.....no forget say you go leave that seat one day o...

1 Like

Re: Flash: President Buhari Approves New Board Of Directors For NNPC(See The List) by Nkem4040: 6:14pm On Jul 04, 2016
What is wrong with Buhari for God in Heaven? It's one thing to keep doing the same if people aren't warning you or expressing displeasure but another to keep repeating the same, same and the same thing despite the outcry of your northernization agenda, tells me there is something wrong with you. If he was smart even if you hate Igbos so much, you can cleverly appoint more yoruba, SS and North Central. Goodness me, does he have advisers?

A. Chairman-Dr Emmanuel Ibe Kachikwu, Honourable Minister of State for Petroleum;
B. Group Managing Director-Dr Maikanti Kacalla Baru; Northerner
C. The Permanent Secretary of the Federal Ministry of Finance; Northerner...also there at finance to spy on Kemi like the Northerner permanent secretary at Ministry of Petroleum who is there to spy on Kachukwu
D. The following six persons:
1. Mallam Abba Kyari Northerner
2. Dr Thomas M.A John
3. Dr Pius O. Akinyelure
4. Dr Tajuddeen Umar Northerner
5. Mallam Mohammed Lawal Northerner
6. Mallam Yusuf Lawal Northerner

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flash: President Buhari Approves New Board Of Directors For NNPC(See The List) by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jul 04, 2016
where does the permanent secretary of the ministry of finance hail from?
Re: Flash: President Buhari Approves New Board Of Directors For NNPC(See The List) by agabusta: 6:23pm On Jul 04, 2016
I like Buhari, very unpredictable.

2 Likes

Re: Flash: President Buhari Approves New Board Of Directors For NNPC(See The List) by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jul 04, 2016
Competence?
Re: Flash: President Buhari Approves New Board Of Directors For NNPC(See The List) by Josegun(m): 6:34pm On Jul 04, 2016
President Buhari is getting too much, this is Nigeria, not just North. We have some sincere people in South and the Christiandom too.
Re: Flash: President Buhari Approves New Board Of Directors For NNPC(See The List) by jlinkd78(m): 6:35pm On Jul 04, 2016
f
Re: Flash: President Buhari Approves New Board Of Directors For NNPC(See The List) by Pavarottii(m): 6:38pm On Jul 04, 2016
We d southern people are not surprised..
The SW shouldn't complain either cos they brought it demselves.
Re: Flash: President Buhari Approves New Board Of Directors For NNPC(See The List) by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:40pm On Jul 04, 2016
The new NNPC GMD is Maikanti Kacalla Baru,
Just as I thought.
Meanwhile, the oil sector is now fully in the hands of the north.

Congrat Buhari

1 Like

Re: Flash: President Buhari Approves New Board Of Directors For NNPC(See The List) by Goddex: 6:40pm On Jul 04, 2016
ee
Re: Flash: President Buhari Approves New Board Of Directors For NNPC(See The List) by makzeze: 6:48pm On Jul 04, 2016

Re: Flash: President Buhari Approves New Board Of Directors For NNPC(See The List) by Onenka: 6:50pm On Jul 04, 2016
The oil industry is now firmly in the hands of the north same as the military/security apparatus in this country.

2 Likes

Re: Flash: President Buhari Approves New Board Of Directors For NNPC(See The List) by modath(f): 6:53pm On Jul 04, 2016
Ibe lost me when i heard something through the grapevine , he also advocated negotiating with destroyers and capped it by dragging Amaechi in Public.. That was in bad faith..... cool

Wish Bubu had gone for SSner though, but wished aren't horses..
Re: Flash: President Buhari Approves New Board Of Directors For NNPC(See The List) by Goddex: 6:53pm On Jul 04, 2016
[size=13pt]This Buhari is a disgrace to Nigeria, I swear[/size]

1 Like

Re: Flash: President Buhari Approves New Board Of Directors For NNPC(See The List) by vedaxcool(m): 6:53pm On Jul 04, 2016
[s]
SeverusSnape:
Northernisation continues...
[/s]

Tribalization of nairaland continues unregulated. ... Oh well you must be seeking desperately an end to your electoral loss...
Re: Flash: President Buhari Approves New Board Of Directors For NNPC(See The List) by dre11(m): 6:54pm On Jul 04, 2016
I don't like the composition of the board members.....

It's favour the north more than the oil producing states

This is just unfair by the president
Re: Flash: President Buhari Approves New Board Of Directors For NNPC(See The List) by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jul 04, 2016
I can forsee a tribal war brewing here. Until we give preference to Merit over ethnicity, Nigeria won't grow. The current Governor of the Bank of England is a Canadian despite the presence of world class institutions.

But the Ibos shouldn't cry foul, they had a fair share during GEJ's tenure and Nigeria did burn.

GEJ's Tenure
President - South South Bayelsa
SGF - South East Ebonyi
Deputy Speaker- South East Imo
Deputy Senate President - South East Enugu
Minister of Finance- South South Delta
Minister of Petroleum - South South Bayelsa
Minister of Aviation - South East Anambra later Osita Chidoka
Minister of Health- South East Ebonyi
Minister of Works - Onolememen
Minister of Power - Nnaji later Nebo
Minister of Labour - Emeka Wogu - Abia

All these happened under the hero and the South Westerners never shouted as you all are now. I guess you now know how it feels when you're left out of your entitlement.
Re: Flash: President Buhari Approves New Board Of Directors For NNPC(See The List) by DIKEnaWAR: 6:55pm On Jul 04, 2016
Ok
Re: Flash: President Buhari Approves New Board Of Directors For NNPC(See The List) by vedaxcool(m): 6:55pm On Jul 04, 2016
[s]
TonyeBarcanista:

Just as I thought.

Congrat Buhari
[/s]

Tribalism failed Jonathan it denied hima second term so also will it deny you any grace or respect on nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Flash: President Buhari Approves New Board Of Directors For NNPC(See The List) by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jul 04, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Just as I thought.

Congrat Buhari

Your one time amiable General.

We warned you all that this guy's up to no good.

While we are at liberty to make our choices, we aren't at the same liberty to choose the consequences that those choices bring.

4 Likes

Re: Flash: President Buhari Approves New Board Of Directors For NNPC(See The List) by vedaxcool(m): 6:58pm On Jul 04, 2016
dre11:

I don't like the composition of the board members.....

It's favour the north more than the oil producing states

This is just unfair by the president

I doubt the new GMD is planning to pay his salary to northerners nor is Ibe ever considering giving you a ride talk more of any portion of his salary. ...the point is southerners or northerners the issue remains good governance.

1 Like

Re: Flash: President Buhari Approves New Board Of Directors For NNPC(See The List) by Akious2k2(m): 7:00pm On Jul 04, 2016
Josegun:
President Buhari is getting too much, this is Nigeria, not just North. We have some sincere people in South and the Christiandom too.
No b dem boku 4 last administration wey we com dey c all d money wey dem kolobi? Oga, abeg make we try dis 1s dem
vedaxcool:

I doubt the new GMD is planning to pay his salary to northerners nor is Ibe ever considering giving you a ride talk more of any portion of his salary. ...the point is southerners or northerners the issue remains good governance.
U said my mind... In fact, ur head dey dere... Oya shop knuckle
Pavarottii:
We d southern people are not surprised..
The SW shouldn't complain either cos they brought it demselves.
Bros, Buhari is fully in order... No "shakement"

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flash: President Buhari Approves New Board Of Directors For NNPC(See The List) by malton: 7:02pm On Jul 04, 2016
lipsrsealed
Re: Flash: President Buhari Approves New Board Of Directors For NNPC(See The List) by modath(f): 7:14pm On Jul 04, 2016
dearpreye:

Your one time amiable General.

We warned you all that this guy's up to no good.

While we are at liberty to make our choices, we aren't at the same liberty to choose the consequences that those choices bring.

Let's see what will come out of this, it may be a temporary thing... *I'm assuming*

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Checkout PUNCH Newspaper Front Page Today 30/09/2017 - Pic / The Implications Of General Ty Danjumas' Commments: The Destruction Of Nigeria / History pictures and Facts about Nigerian Civil war

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.