Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,069 members, 7,821,673 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:40 PM

Profile Of Maikanti Kacalla Baru, NNPC GMD - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Profile Of Maikanti Kacalla Baru, NNPC GMD (54568 Views)

Maikanti Baru Responds To Ibe Kachikwu's Corruption Allegations / Suspend Maikanti Baru, NNPC Boss - PDP Tells Buhari / Ibe Kachikwu Exposes Maikanti Baru Through His Letter To Buhari (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Profile Of Maikanti Kacalla Baru, NNPC GMD by Realdeals(m): 7:11pm On Jul 04, 2016
The presidency has appointed Dr. Maikanti Baru as Group Managing Director of Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC). Until his appointment, Dr. Maikanti Baru was the Group Executive Director, Exploration & Production of the corporation.

Dr. M. K. Baru attended Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, in Kaduna State of Nigeria; where he obtained Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical) with a first class honors. He also holds a Doctor of Philosophy in Mechanical engineering.

Before his Recent appointment Dr. Baru had worked in various capacities in both the Upstream and Downstream Sectors of NNPC. These includes Group General Manager of Greenfield Refinery Projects, Managing Director of Hyson, Executive Director of Nigerian Gas Company (NGC), General Manager – Gas Division of NAPIMS, Manager – Operations, Procurement Management Services and Manager – Engineering for National Engineering and Technical Company Limited (NETCO).

During his initial stint with NAPIMS which spanned from July 1993 to July 1999, Dr. Baruexecuted several Gas projects which are utilizing billions of standard cubic feet of gas per day.

Several other ongoing projects were also conceptualized under his care. He planned the projects that would ensure flare-out by 2008 and made huge savings while overseeing the Joint Venture Gas Projects.

He was also the NNPC’s Chief Technical Negotiator on the West African Gas Pipeline project from July 1999 to April 2004.

Dr. Baru has been the Chairman of NNPC Anti – Corruption Committee since September 2004 till date; and has relentlessly sensitized staff on obligations and laws that govern corruption and corrupt practices.

Dr. Baru is a fellow of the Nigerian Society of Engineers(FNSE) and a recipient of the Presidential Merit Award of theNigerian Society of Chemical Engineers. He is married with children.

The Former GGM, NAPIMS, Dr. M. K. Baru informed the media executives that the Nigerian Content Division is now domiciled in the Exploration and Production Directorate of NNPC just like NAPIMS.

The change in structure he informed was aimed at reducing the turn around time in contract processing. He stated the efforts of NAPIMS in realizing the Federal Government’s aspiration of increased reserves. He further explained that with the various projects such as Usan,Akpo, Bonga Northwest, Ofon 2 that were on stream, the PSC oil which currently stands at 650,000bopd is expected to increase to 1.2mbopd by the year 2011.

The Agbami field started production in July 2008 and is currently on a daily production of 150,000bopd while the Usanand Bonga South west will commence in 2012 and 2016 respectively. He further disclosed that NAPIMS has successfully bridged the contracting cycle time for bids to 6 months and aspires to further reduce it to between 3 – 4 months against the hitherto 18 – 24 months.

http://www.newsheadlines.com.ng/latest-nigerian-news/2016/07/04/profile-new-nnpc-gmd-dr-maikanti-baru/

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Profile Of Maikanti Kacalla Baru, NNPC GMD by queenstl(f): 7:13pm On Jul 04, 2016
seen

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Profile Of Maikanti Kacalla Baru, NNPC GMD by tit(f): 7:13pm On Jul 04, 2016
nice wan!
wan nuuuut!!!1

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Profile Of Maikanti Kacalla Baru, NNPC GMD by crestedaguiyi: 7:17pm On Jul 04, 2016
wait for the parcel from the avengers.

the dullard doesn't learn

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Profile Of Maikanti Kacalla Baru, NNPC GMD by ozoigbondu: 7:17pm On Jul 04, 2016
The northernization of Nigeria is in full force

Bubu kwantinu God is watching you

144 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Profile Of Maikanti Kacalla Baru, NNPC GMD by Sweetlemon(f): 7:18pm On Jul 04, 2016
His name sounds like a Christian Northern minority.
Don't know why people are shouting Hausa/Fulani up and down.
Nigerians really need to learn more about their own country. Not everyone from the north is Hausa or Fulani or even a Muslim. Even Borno state has a large chunck of indegenous Christians. The north has three different regions. Stop lumping them all together.

161 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Profile Of Maikanti Kacalla Baru, NNPC GMD by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jul 04, 2016
Will it make fuel cheaper? No. Then I'm not interested. If he likes, he can appoint his 3 year old grand daughter for the post. Doesn't change anything. *sips kunu and waits for Dangote to finish his refinery*

3 Likes

Re: Profile Of Maikanti Kacalla Baru, NNPC GMD by slimthugchimee(m): 7:25pm On Jul 04, 2016
i dont care as far as petrol can be affordable

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Profile Of Maikanti Kacalla Baru, NNPC GMD by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jul 04, 2016
He is one handsome man. I am sure Nigerians will smile like this if he is able to put an end to fuel scarcity.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Profile Of Maikanti Kacalla Baru, NNPC GMD by carreport(m): 7:35pm On Jul 04, 2016
Quite a CV

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Profile Of Maikanti Kacalla Baru, NNPC GMD by usmanktg2(m): 8:20pm On Jul 04, 2016
An ABU Student is ahead of you, Naturally.

23 Likes

Re: Profile Of Maikanti Kacalla Baru, NNPC GMD by modath(f): 8:23pm On Jul 04, 2016
CV tight!!! Say what you want, he is qualified. cool

The only thing is these people who keep calling me to lament, complain or mock anytime Bubu makes appointments like I'm an adviser!! God help me.. smiley

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Profile Of Maikanti Kacalla Baru, NNPC GMD by babyfaceafrica: 8:25pm On Jul 04, 2016
Nice..wailers over to you

1 Like

Re: Profile Of Maikanti Kacalla Baru, NNPC GMD by molydonhenry(m): 8:27pm On Jul 04, 2016
But he has certificate

2 Likes

Re: Profile Of Maikanti Kacalla Baru, NNPC GMD by molydonhenry(m): 8:30pm On Jul 04, 2016
modath:

CV tight!!! Say what you want, he is qualified. cool

The only thing is these people who keep calling me to lament, complain or mock anytime Bubu makes appointments like I'm an adviser!! God help me.. smiley
Because they care about you, they don't want you to die being a zombie

47 Likes

Re: Profile Of Maikanti Kacalla Baru, NNPC GMD by haconjy(m): 8:30pm On Jul 04, 2016
govt of the north...

6 Likes

Re: Profile Of Maikanti Kacalla Baru, NNPC GMD by DICKtator: 8:31pm On Jul 04, 2016

Hmmmmmmmm........

grin grin grin grin
Re: Profile Of Maikanti Kacalla Baru, NNPC GMD by ngmgeek(m): 8:32pm On Jul 04, 2016
Buhari, continue to sack some people and appoint some people.
And then plead with Niger Delta Avengers for a cease fire.

This old man is really a dullard cheesy

24 Likes

Re: Profile Of Maikanti Kacalla Baru, NNPC GMD by vickylincon(m): 8:32pm On Jul 04, 2016
But y... Some people will wail over this now not minding if he's qualified or not
Re: Profile Of Maikanti Kacalla Baru, NNPC GMD by damton(m): 8:33pm On Jul 04, 2016
If that's the President's choice, who are we to dissent.

My concern is the good of all

3 Likes

Re: Profile Of Maikanti Kacalla Baru, NNPC GMD by haconjy(m): 8:33pm On Jul 04, 2016
bejeiodus:
He is one handsome man. I am sure Nigerians will smile like this if he is able to put an end to fuel scarcity.

Story...
tell me who, bubu, has chosen and has favour Nigeria. all are thieves like bubu himself

5 Likes

Re: Profile Of Maikanti Kacalla Baru, NNPC GMD by kristisking(m): 8:33pm On Jul 04, 2016
ozoigbondu:
The northernization of Nigeria is in full force

Bubu kwantinu God is watching you
Gullible zoombies won't understand.

6 Likes

Re: Profile Of Maikanti Kacalla Baru, NNPC GMD by Taiyescott(m): 8:34pm On Jul 04, 2016
nt only kacalla, he shud b called Kasala!! Mtcheew.

3 Likes

Re: Profile Of Maikanti Kacalla Baru, NNPC GMD by kristisking(m): 8:35pm On Jul 04, 2016
usmanktg2:
An ABU Student is ahead of you, Naturally.
Ahead my foot. Pls where ABU located?

11 Likes

Re: Profile Of Maikanti Kacalla Baru, NNPC GMD by goodlifehyd(m): 8:35pm On Jul 04, 2016
Hmmmm
Re: Profile Of Maikanti Kacalla Baru, NNPC GMD by wowmenow: 8:36pm On Jul 04, 2016
Southerners are not qualified
Only northerners that are qualified
Useless president who don't understand what is going on

18 Likes

Re: Profile Of Maikanti Kacalla Baru, NNPC GMD by modath(f): 8:38pm On Jul 04, 2016
molydonhenry:
Because they care about you, they don't want you to die being a zombie

Many are mad , few are in the market roaming unclad!! cool

Baru is a Fulani from Bauchi, now look for rope & end it all.. Wailing mourning error!!

9 Likes

Re: Profile Of Maikanti Kacalla Baru, NNPC GMD by misscall247: 8:39pm On Jul 04, 2016
APC is corrupt

2 Likes

Re: Profile Of Maikanti Kacalla Baru, NNPC GMD by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jul 04, 2016
I belong to everybody and I belong to nobody.
Which figure of speech is this?

6 Likes

Re: Profile Of Maikanti Kacalla Baru, NNPC GMD by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jul 04, 2016
haconjy:

Story...
tell me who, bubu, has chosen and has favour Nigeria. all are thieves like bubu himself
Read my comment again. There is a reason why I used the conjunction "if". It is an expression of a possibility not a fact.
Re: Profile Of Maikanti Kacalla Baru, NNPC GMD by valdetino(m): 8:40pm On Jul 04, 2016
Baba's Govt is still blurry to me.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

APC Floors PDP, NNPP, LP At Shettima’s Polling Unit / See How Niger Deltans Celebrated Buhari: Photo / "Pot Belly Of Wickedness" - Okorocha & His Aide's Photo Got People Talking Onlin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.