Stats: 3,151,287 members, 7,811,860 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:35 PM

Those Opposing Anti-Corruption War Will Suffer Consequences - Says Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Those Opposing Anti-Corruption War Will Suffer Consequences - Says Buhari (19060 Views)

Igbos Will Suffer If Elections Do Not Hold In Anambra - Gov. Obiano. / Igbos Will Suffer If They Eventually Get Biafra - Apc’s National Treasurer / If I Stop Talking, Nigerians Will Suffer – Fayose Boasts (2) (3) (4)

Those Opposing Anti-Corruption War Will Suffer Consequences - Says Buhari by Islie: 8:04am On Jul 05, 2016
Olalekan Adetayo, Abuja

President Muhammadu Buhari on Monday said he knew the appropriate ways to deal with those opposing his ongoing anti-corruption war.

He said anybody who attempted to deter his administration from fighting corruption would suffer the consequences.

Buhari, who spoke in English and Hausa languages handed down the warning during the breaking of Ramadan fast, Iftar, he organised for some categories of people inside the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

The President regretted that the elite were self-centred and were only thinking about themselves.

“Whoever deter us from fighting corruption will suffer the consequences. It is unfortunate that the elite are self-centred and they only think about themselves.

“Be assured that we care about you at all times. This government is concerned about your welfare and we will work hard to improve it,” Buhari told his guests that included the physically challenged, the Internally Displaced Persons, taxi drivers, commercial motorcycle riders, artisans such as butchers, hairdressers, barbers, tailors, members of the Buhari Support Organisation, President’s neighbours in Lobito Crescent, and junior workers in the headquarters of the All Progressives Congress.

The President said his government was conscious of the disadvantaged members of the public.

An IDP, Musbau Diti, who spoke on behalf of others, urged the President to do more to alleviate the sufferings of people in the different IDP camps across the country.

He also urged Buhari to set up a commission for persons with disabilities.

The dinner was preceded by a prayer session which Buhari attended with his guests before they broke their fast.

The President personally served some of the physically challenged persons before he returned to his seat to break his fast.

Buhari was joined at the dinner by Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo; Speaker of the House of Representatives, Yakubu Dogara; Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Babachir Lawal; the Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Muhammed Bello, and some presidential aides as well as top government officials among others.

Embattled President of the Senate, Bukola Saraki, was absent at the event.

Saraki is said to have travelled to Saudi Arabia for the lesser Hajj.

He was however represented by the Senate’s Deputy Chief Whip, Senator Alimikhena Francis.

http://punchng.com/ill-deal-opposing-anti-graft-war-says-buhari/

Re: Those Opposing Anti-Corruption War Will Suffer Consequences - Says Buhari by benedictnsi(m): 8:07am On Jul 05, 2016
Lol.... With your own personal power or wetin Most of them will deal with anything that concerns you before or by 2019...

talk na free but, Too much talk no d full basket

63 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Those Opposing Anti-Corruption War Will Suffer Consequences - Says Buhari by SamMilla1(m): 8:08am On Jul 05, 2016
Mr. President,
Stop using 'I will.'

Use 'FG will' or 'The Law will'.

You are no longer in the army.

179 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Those Opposing Anti-Corruption War Will Suffer Consequences - Says Buhari by ziccoit: 8:08am On Jul 05, 2016
Buhari, hit them hard may be that will reset their thinking process to factory default.

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: Those Opposing Anti-Corruption War Will Suffer Consequences - Says Buhari by PRYCE(m): 8:09am On Jul 05, 2016
We are waiting!

You CAN'T do shít dullardeen!

62 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Those Opposing Anti-Corruption War Will Suffer Consequences - Says Buhari by Nobody: 8:10am On Jul 05, 2016
The dictator who refused to probe the Sahara energy scandal that involves his kinsmen has spoken
BTW,does the constitution allows the president to be giving efcc order on whom to arrest?

63 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Those Opposing Anti-Corruption War Will Suffer Consequences - Says Buhari by ychris: 8:13am On Jul 05, 2016
sometimes, thz man behaves like a military Man that's why i dey lose my interest him smal small.he go give you fredom of speech buh freedom aftr speech nah wahala

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Those Opposing Anti-Corruption War Will Suffer Consequences - Says Buhari by Nobody: 8:14am On Jul 05, 2016
Senile old man, who dey fear am.

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Those Opposing Anti-Corruption War Will Suffer Consequences - Says Buhari by decatalyst(m): 8:14am On Jul 05, 2016
awaiting the hammer of justice on enemies of progress who are bent on milking this country dry for their family and supporters.

Re: Those Opposing Anti-Corruption War Will Suffer Consequences - Says Buhari by decatalyst(m): 8:16am On Jul 05, 2016
awaiting the hammer of justice on enemies of progress who are bent on milking this country dry for their family and supporters

Re: Those Opposing Anti-Corruption War Will Suffer Consequences - Says Buhari by Nobody: 8:17am On Jul 05, 2016
Mr president, I think it's best you deal with the bad economy, youth unemployment, inadequate and bad infrastructure, inadequate power supply, nepotism, tyrannism, tribalism, sectionalism, fulani herds men terrorism etc because they are all in the same class as corruption.
corruption is what you think it is!
The last time I checked, Buratai., et al are still saints.

51 Likes

Re: Those Opposing Anti-Corruption War Will Suffer Consequences - Says Buhari by decatalyst(m): 8:20am On Jul 05, 2016
SamMilla1:
Dullard.
Stop. Using 'I' will.

Use 'FG' or 'The Law'.

SMH

wait till you are elected a local government chairman and see how rumors, and blatant bad reportage can ruin your intentions

29 Likes

Re: Those Opposing Anti-Corruption War Will Suffer Consequences - Says Buhari by Sealeddeal(m): 8:20am On Jul 05, 2016
This is a threat. President Buhari statements are antidemocratic.

20 Likes

Re: Those Opposing Anti-Corruption War Will Suffer Consequences - Says Buhari by emmasege: 8:29am On Jul 05, 2016
With statements like this which personalise Government's activities and successes as if they were an individual's affair, there's more hope of a failure than a success in the most senile, most wicked, most vindictive, most sectional & most clueless president Nigeria has ever had. If this government survives and is able to miraculously hold disintegrating parts of Nigeria till 2019, then I believe that democracy has come to stay in Nigeria.

16 Likes

Re: Those Opposing Anti-Corruption War Will Suffer Consequences - Says Buhari by ikaboy: 8:34am On Jul 05, 2016
Pls hit them hard, a good number of patriotic Nigerians are solidly behind you.

Re: Those Opposing Anti-Corruption War Will Suffer Consequences - Says Buhari by SamMilla1(m): 8:38am On Jul 05, 2016
decatalyst:

SMH

wait till you are elected a local government chairman and see how rumors, and blatant bad reportage can ruin your intentions

You are right.
The media turn things on its head to either generate applause or hatred for the subjects.

That's why I react based on what I read.

When they tell the truth, we react to it.
When they lie, we react to it.
Either way, they are deceiving everybody, including themselves.

Re: Those Opposing Anti-Corruption War Will Suffer Consequences - Says Buhari by drss(m): 8:47am On Jul 05, 2016
ones a dictator always a dictator. yet zombies keep saying efcc is independent. na independence be dis keep decieving urselves.

Re: Those Opposing Anti-Corruption War Will Suffer Consequences - Says Buhari by Nobody: 8:57am On Jul 05, 2016
Hmm
Re: Those Opposing Anti-Corruption War Will Suffer Consequences - Says Buhari by DaBullIT(m): 9:03am On Jul 05, 2016
SamMilla1:
Dullard.
Stop. Using 'I' will.

Use 'FG' or 'The Law'.

“[center]Be assured that we care about you at all times This government is concerned about your welfare and [size=18pt]we will work[/size] hard to improve it
[/center]

Was your blindness made in heaven or did you develop it as a side effect of hating Buhari ??

grin grin grin grin grin grin

HE PAIN AM

drss:
ones a dictator always a dictator. yet zombies keep saying efcc is independent. na independence be dis keep decieving urselves.
Go back to learn ABD from Primary 1 public school

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Those Opposing Anti-Corruption War Will Suffer Consequences - Says Buhari by Jesusloveyou: 9:35am On Jul 05, 2016
PRYCE:
We are waiting!

You CAN'T do shít dullardeen!
we cant do shit dullardeen, we wil only witch-hunt d witches and wizard of our economy, God bless d dullardeen buhari for hunting for d witches and wizard

Re: Those Opposing Anti-Corruption War Will Suffer Consequences - Says Buhari by Luckylife(m): 9:43am On Jul 05, 2016
Only a big fool will believe that Nigeria politicians are not fanatically corruption. A country where military men that killed innocent souls have ruled , a country where a prisoner was singled handedly given the president by born to rule evil men , a country where a president without certificate disrespect constitutions by destroying the economy via his insensitive and incompetent ability. Nigeria is doom !

Re: Those Opposing Anti-Corruption War Will Suffer Consequences - Says Buhari by Jesusloveyou: 9:44am On Jul 05, 2016
ychris:
sometimes, thz man behaves like a military Man that's why i dey lose my interest him smal small.he go give you fredom of speech buh freedom aftr speech nah wahala
this is d reason i love him, i wish he could suspend d constitution or d national asembly, and deal with all dis criminals like he did in 1984

Re: Those Opposing Anti-Corruption War Will Suffer Consequences - Says Buhari by Almajiri1: 9:47am On Jul 05, 2016
All hail the only self acclaimed saint in Nigeria.

26 Likes

Re: Those Opposing Anti-Corruption War Will Suffer Consequences - Says Buhari by Almajiri1: 9:49am On Jul 05, 2016
Jesusloveyou:
this is d reason i love him, i wish he could suspend d constitution or d national asembly, and deal with all dis criminals like he did in 1984
He should also be man enough to embrace the consequences like in 1984.

Re: Those Opposing Anti-Corruption War Will Suffer Consequences - Says Buhari by Nobody: 9:50am On Jul 05, 2016
Jesusloveyou:
we cant do shit dullardeen, we wil only witch-hunt d witches and wizard of our economy, God bless d dullardeen buhari for hunting for d witches and wizard
Witches like Aishahaliburton and Diezani....
Wizards like Tifnubu, Saraki, FFK, Obasanjo etc

Re: Those Opposing Anti-Corruption War Will Suffer Consequences - Says Buhari by Jesusloveyou: 9:59am On Jul 05, 2016
BiafranNigerian:
Senile old man, who dey fear am.
d corrupt are afraid of d senile old man, ask omisore and fayose, ask metuh and ffk, why is diezani fell sick, why is every thief afraid to spend their ill-gotten wealth, why are u afraid to steal, if u wil not enter ur 6ft. God bless d senile old man for keeping to d campaign promise of dealing with every corrupt witches and wizard of our economy.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Those Opposing Anti-Corruption War Will Suffer Consequences - Says Buhari by Jesusloveyou: 10:08am On Jul 05, 2016
rotimileke:
Mr president, I think it's best you deal with the bad economy, youth unemployment, inadequate and bad infrastructure, inadequate power supply, nepotism, tyrannism, tribalism, sectionalism, fulani herds men terrorism etc because they are all in the same class as corruption.
u are right, corruption is d bedrock of all d problem in nigeria even in africa, we must deal with corruption first.

Re: Those Opposing Anti-Corruption War Will Suffer Consequences - Says Buhari by tomakint: 10:18am On Jul 05, 2016
benedictnsi:
Lol.... With your own personal power or wetin Most of them will deal with anything that concerns you before or by 2019...

talk na free but, Too much talk no d full basket
You don't know how powerful the President of the Federal Republic is, do you?

**modified** Buhari has my support on this one 100%!

Re: Those Opposing Anti-Corruption War Will Suffer Consequences - Says Buhari by Jesusloveyou: 10:19am On Jul 05, 2016
Sealeddeal:
This is a threat. President Buhari statements are antidemocratic.
and their corrupt practice is not anti-democratic, in fact their corruption is practice democratically by sharing d corruption around. God bless pmb for d anti-democratic statement.

Re: Those Opposing Anti-Corruption War Will Suffer Consequences - Says Buhari by simplyhonest(m): 10:24am On Jul 05, 2016
pls deal with them including those in your cabinet...#SimplyHonest

Re: Those Opposing Anti-Corruption War Will Suffer Consequences - Says Buhari by OrlandoOwoh(m): 10:33am On Jul 05, 2016
I campaigned for Buhari because of his promise to fight corruption. I support him on this.

Re: Those Opposing Anti-Corruption War Will Suffer Consequences - Says Buhari by afla: 10:57am On Jul 05, 2016
Then he should block the loopholes in the system and stop making noise. Instead of this medicine after death approach. What is expected in a sincere anti corruption fight is for him to study how the thievery took place in the first place and stop it from happening again. For example I don't understand why Saint buhari still maintains security votes. If not total abolishment, he should at least make it auditable and accountable. But he has refused to entertain the issue as evidenced by his Aljazeera interview. Also he should implement the cashless policy to the latter by mandating that transactions over 500000 be done via bank transfer and also setting a 500000 limit on daily cash withdrawals from all accounts etc etc. Has he done any of this? No! Instead he is putting all his effort on jailing a few people. Spending taxpayers money to pay SAN to prosecute people who will go and be fed by government in prison and who might not even refund any money to government.

Oba Rilwan Akiolu: "No Vacancy For Lagos Governorship Position In 2019" / Buhari Supporters In Bauchi Celebrate His Tribunal Victory / Osinbajo: Police Violations Of Young People's Rights Unacceptable, Annoying