Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:04 AM

3 Reasons Why “Twitter Bombed” Niger Delta Avengers- The Cable - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 3 Reasons Why “Twitter Bombed” Niger Delta Avengers- The Cable (19454 Views)

Rivers Rerun: APC Leading PDP After Results In 11 Seats~The Cable / Three Times The FBI Arrested ‘Corrupt’ Judges In US Just Like The DSS-The Cable / Breaking: Niger Delta Avengers, The Real Issue Is Buhari – Says Asari Dokubo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Reasons Why “Twitter Bombed” Niger Delta Avengers- The Cable by BeeBeeOoh(m): 11:40am On Jul 05, 2016
On Monday, twitter took down the handle of militant group, Niger Delta Avengers (NDA), and while it did not specifically give reasons for the action, some of the organisation’s policies directly conflict with the ideals of NDA.

The group has engaged in at least three policies which twitter says it will delete accounts.

Here are three policies of twitter that the group flouted:

[size=15pt]VIOLENT THREATS[/size]

You may not make threats of violence or promote violence, including threatening or promoting terrorism. NDA has threatened to resort to violence if the government, oil companies and their service firms repair pipeline they have blown up.

[size=15pt]HARASSMENT[/size]

You may not incite or engage in the targeted abuse or harassment of others. One of the factors that Twitter considers when evaluating abusive behaviour is inflammatory content which is likely to evoke a strong negative reaction or cause harm. NDA had, via its handle, threatened to blow up pipelines so as to cause economic sabotage and announced blowing up pipeline.

[size=15pt]TERRORISM[/size]

Organisations or individuals associated with promoting hate, criminal, or terrorist-related content. While the NDA has claimed to be fighting a just cause and agitating for better conditions for the region, its activities, including blowing up pipelines are criminal according to Nigerian laws.

http://www.thecable.ng/3-reasons-twitter-bombed-niger-delta-avengers

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Reasons Why “Twitter Bombed” Niger Delta Avengers- The Cable by Destined2win: 11:42am On Jul 05, 2016
I think twitter even delayed in taking that handle down. After 2 tweets, the management of twitter should be able to know whether a handle should be taken down or not

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Reasons Why “Twitter Bombed” Niger Delta Avengers- The Cable by fiizznation: 11:47am On Jul 05, 2016
They should keep blowing up their lands just to spite whoever they wanna spite, who cares?

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Reasons Why “Twitter Bombed” Niger Delta Avengers- The Cable by midolian(m): 11:49am On Jul 05, 2016
fiizznation:
They should keep blowing up their lands just to spite whoever they wanna spite, who cares?
lol.. To even think there are elders in support of them from that region baffles me.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Reasons Why “Twitter Bombed” Niger Delta Avengers- The Cable by Almajiri1: 11:50am On Jul 05, 2016
telegram or even what's app group sef comes handy. it's all about a modicum for their voices to be heard.

They can even take to an obscure platform and make it popular.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Reasons Why “Twitter Bombed” Niger Delta Avengers- The Cable by BeeBeeOoh(m): 11:51am On Jul 05, 2016
fiizznation:
When did you turn to a “Land Solicitor?

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 3 Reasons Why “Twitter Bombed” Niger Delta Avengers- The Cable by fiizznation: 11:54am On Jul 05, 2016
midolian:
lol.. To even think there are elders in support of them from that region baffles me.
After blowing up all the pipelines in their region; believe you me, they will come for the 'elders'

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 3 Reasons Why “Twitter Bombed” Niger Delta Avengers- The Cable by TippyTop(m): 11:54am On Jul 05, 2016
NDA

1 Like

Re: 3 Reasons Why “Twitter Bombed” Niger Delta Avengers- The Cable by TippyTop(m): 11:56am On Jul 05, 2016
[s]
fiizznation:
[/s]
NDA blows up infrastructures rather than human beings, can you say the same thing for Boko Haram?
Shey you be Hausa man?

70 Likes

Re: 3 Reasons Why “Twitter Bombed” Niger Delta Avengers- The Cable by fiizznation: 11:57am On Jul 05, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
When did you turn to a “Land Solicitor?
lol. What do you want me to say? Of course the land they are basically destroying is their land, not mine.

8 Likes

Re: 3 Reasons Why “Twitter Bombed” Niger Delta Avengers- The Cable by TippyTop(m): 11:59am On Jul 05, 2016
[s]
fiizznation:
lol. What do you want me to say? Of course the land they are basically destroying is their land, not mine.
[/s]

If it's not your land why are you lot the first people on any Niger Delta thread?

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 3 Reasons Why “Twitter Bombed” Niger Delta Avengers- The Cable by BeeBeeOoh(m): 12:01pm On Jul 05, 2016
fiizznation:
Then leave it for the people from Niger Delta Region to worry about that not people from ogbomosho

#peace

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 3 Reasons Why “Twitter Bombed” Niger Delta Avengers- The Cable by BlackSeptember: 12:01pm On Jul 05, 2016
fiizznation:
very soon those northerners employed by Mr Daft for NNPC will oversee groundnut oil from the north

27 Likes

Re: 3 Reasons Why “Twitter Bombed” Niger Delta Avengers- The Cable by fiizznation: 12:02pm On Jul 05, 2016
TippyTop:
[s][/s]
NDA blows up infrastructure rather than human beings, can you say the same thing for your region's Boko Haram?
Boko haram have been degraded, defeated, dismantled, etc. Boko haram is almost becoming a thing of the past. The new boys on the block are niger-delta militants. And we all know were they carry their operations. Don't worry very soon they will kidnap you. Lol

12 Likes

Re: 3 Reasons Why “Twitter Bombed” Niger Delta Avengers- The Cable by BlackSeptember: 12:06pm On Jul 05, 2016
fiizznation:
Worry about Borno and Yobe that no foreign investor will ever step foot in

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 3 Reasons Why “Twitter Bombed” Niger Delta Avengers- The Cable by Wenebadu(f): 12:06pm On Jul 05, 2016
Jeez
Re: 3 Reasons Why “Twitter Bombed” Niger Delta Avengers- The Cable by fiizznation: 12:07pm On Jul 05, 2016
BlackSeptember:
very soon those northerners employed by Mr Daft for NNPC will oversee groundnut oil from the north
And you will oversee what? A broken shattered republic that will be controlled by different warlords that called themselves militants. Protect the bloody militants all you want, sing their praises and call them your 'freedom fighters', tomorrow I tell you isn't very far.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Reasons Why “Twitter Bombed” Niger Delta Avengers- The Cable by olatunjithomas(m): 12:10pm On Jul 05, 2016
TippyTop:
[s][/s]
NDA blows up infrastructures rather than human beings, can you say the same thing for Boko Haram?
Shey you be Hausa man?

by the time they have blown up all the pipeline in their region,you will know which one is actually better.

5 Likes

Re: 3 Reasons Why “Twitter Bombed” Niger Delta Avengers- The Cable by Emancipation: 12:11pm On Jul 05, 2016
But how does suspending Twitter account going to stop them? They can still post directly on their website. If anything, this will make them more determined to make a point.
Re: 3 Reasons Why “Twitter Bombed” Niger Delta Avengers- The Cable by fiizznation: 12:11pm On Jul 05, 2016
BlackSeptember:
Borno and yobe states are gradually healing from their past wounds, their tears are drying up; but guess what, one particular region is currently going up in flames even before our very eyes.

8 Likes

Re: 3 Reasons Why “Twitter Bombed” Niger Delta Avengers- The Cable by Horus(m): 12:11pm On Jul 05, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DyAoewdrpg

[size=14pt]Nigerian Army To Take Insurgency War To Cyber Space[/size]

Report online material promoting terrorism or blowing up pipelines

Articles, images, speeches or videos that promote the blowing up of pipelines or terrorism or encourage it

Content encouraging people to commit acts of terrorism or blowing up pipelines

Websites made by terrorist or extremist organisations

Report Nairalanders who promote the blowing up of pipelines or terrorism or encourage it

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 3 Reasons Why “Twitter Bombed” Niger Delta Avengers- The Cable by geraldmezi(m): 12:18pm On Jul 05, 2016
but we need info from dem na
Re: 3 Reasons Why “Twitter Bombed” Niger Delta Avengers- The Cable by AngelAhnie(f): 12:28pm On Jul 05, 2016
BlackSeptember:
Blacky, good morning
Re: 3 Reasons Why “Twitter Bombed” Niger Delta Avengers- The Cable by BlackSeptember: 12:30pm On Jul 05, 2016
fiizznation:
Borno and yobe states are gradually healing from their past wounds, their tears are drying up; but guess what, one particular region is currently going up in flames even before our very eyes.
no matter how much is pumped in it will never be a quarter of Any niger delta state. Borno and Yobe ll always be the Africa Yemen and Afghanistan where islamic terroe are on tge rampage

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Reasons Why “Twitter Bombed” Niger Delta Avengers- The Cable by BlackSeptember: 12:32pm On Jul 05, 2016
AngelAhnie:
Blacky, good morning
Nne hw u dey? Don't mind our Haboki wey like Niger delta pass Niger Deltans
Re: 3 Reasons Why “Twitter Bombed” Niger Delta Avengers- The Cable by AngelAhnie(f): 12:33pm On Jul 05, 2016
BlackSeptember:
Nne hw u dey? Don't mind our Haboki wey like Niger delta pass Niger Deltans
I dey like dele, how you dey na?
Re: 3 Reasons Why “Twitter Bombed” Niger Delta Avengers- The Cable by AngelAhnie(f): 12:35pm On Jul 05, 2016
fiizznation:
After blowing up all the pipelines in their region; believe you me, they will come for the 'elders'
Stop crying more than the bereaved my friend!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Reasons Why “Twitter Bombed” Niger Delta Avengers- The Cable by dhuthraki: 12:51pm On Jul 05, 2016
The good thing about bombing pipelines is that we all will suffer it to an extent, though some more than others. For those supporting the terrorism act, don't dare complain of lack of steady electricity, because you can't eat your cake and have it.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 3 Reasons Why “Twitter Bombed” Niger Delta Avengers- The Cable by BlackSeptember: 12:52pm On Jul 05, 2016
AngelAhnie:
I dey like dele, how you dey na?
grin grin no derail this Haboki thread
Re: 3 Reasons Why “Twitter Bombed” Niger Delta Avengers- The Cable by vedaxcool(m): 12:58pm On Jul 05, 2016
Destined2win:
I think twitter even delayed in taking that handle down. After 2 tweets, the management of twitter should be able to know whether a handle should be taken down or not

As long as it doesn't involves white people they are slow to act.
Re: 3 Reasons Why “Twitter Bombed” Niger Delta Avengers- The Cable by cktheluckyman: 1:05pm On Jul 05, 2016
Horus:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DyAoewdrpg

[size=14pt]Nigerian Army To Take Insurgency War To Cyber Space[/size]

Report online material promoting terrorism or blowing up pipelines

Articles, images, speeches or videos that promote the blowing up of pipelines or terrorism or encourage it

Content encouraging people to commit acts of terrorism or blowing up pipelines

Websites made by terrorist or extremist organisations

Report Nairalanders who promote the blowing up of pipelines or terrorism or encourage it

lolz

1 Like

Re: 3 Reasons Why “Twitter Bombed” Niger Delta Avengers- The Cable by Godisking2(m): 1:29pm On Jul 05, 2016
oakay

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerians Criticise Senate For Asking CBN To Give Dollars At N200 For Pilgrimage / Buhari Disappears In London / Transformation Of Nigeria’s Corruption From Outrage To Comedy - Farooq Kperogi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.