Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,281 members, 7,954,112 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:32 PM

High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? (15739 Views)

What Perfume Do U Use And How Much Does It Cost? / Dudu Oshun. Does It Tone? / G-string Fever:how Does It Feel To Wear It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? by banom(m): 6:48pm On Sep 08, 2009
africhika:

i know a LOT of high maintenance ladies and gals. ladies who get their nails done twice a week. their hair done every week. guys who can't go 2 hours without spraying moisturizer on their hair. who always have to wear the latest sneakers. i went to a university that is known all around the state for its flashy, over-dressed female students. i always wondered if its worth it: wearing stilettos to lectures everyday, changing your weave every 2 days.

do high maintainence folks get more dates over those who are more, shall i say simple? are they more attractive? me, i can't stand high-maintainence, "metro-sexual" guys who look in the mirror more than i do.
what do ya'll think?
cool

@ Poster,
There is always a paradox in such social situation,
the more beautiful,handsome sophisticated or so called high class a person is , the  more he is likely to be isolated,
this happens for several reasons,
Sophisticated people normally appear pompous ,and pomposity in a social settings a times can elicit envy and ill will,
secondly, most people will be threatened by the sophisticated exterior and will prefer to admire it from afar,  

I talk from personal experience, when i was in  the university, a times i used to be frustrated inside me, on how people used to admire me then, a girl will admire me but was just too scared to make a bold step towards that, me i will just be confused, even when i try to go close and signal my own interest, she will still be scared, they wouldn't know i was admiring them also,
The truth is that appearing  too sophisticated in a social environment makes other  people around you look inferior and it reduces their confidence of self worth.
Being flamboyant a times brings the opposite of what many people expect. .
Re: High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? by kaytues(m): 6:49pm On Sep 08, 2009
sorry, i miss road
Re: High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? by finemocha(f): 6:52pm On Sep 08, 2009
i think it honestly depends on y u are high maintenance. im high maintenance but i dont do it for guys, i do it for myself. i enjoy changing hair styles and clothes as often as i can. But i do know people who do it for the opposite sex, and if they get more dates, iwouldnt know. ive never thougth to ask them.
Re: High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? by Nobody: 6:53pm On Sep 08, 2009
high maintenance girls get more dates because they take more time to look good. they also attract the best dates.

Face it guys, we only complain of high maintenance chics when the pocket is dry, when you're loaded they are the ones you want to shoot for.
Re: High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? by spikedcylinder: 6:57pm On Sep 08, 2009
davidylan:

when you're loaded they are the ones you want to shoot for.

Exactly.
I can't imagine some major top shot having an average Jane, plain looking girl for a girlfriend. . . .except if two of them had been together before any of them became top shot. Same thing for girls. . . . you role with your league, or something like that.
Re: High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? by C2H5OH(f): 7:01pm On Sep 08, 2009
Yea yea yea it's usually like that, but there are exceptions to the rule.

There have been celebrities (high maintenance for the most part, as we all know) who randomly walk into restaurants and end up dating average/par girls they met at the restaurants.
Some celebs even find love on twitter.
Re: High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? by Nobody: 7:01pm On Sep 08, 2009
Is that so? E be like say I'll start wearing heels to school. Abi who no want attract better people? grin
Re: High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? by chic2pimp(m): 7:03pm On Sep 08, 2009
davidylan:

high maintenance girls get more dates because they take more time to look good. they also attract the best dates.

Face it guys, we only complain of high maintenance chics when the pocket is dry, when you're loaded they are the ones you want to shoot for.
*shior* Nonsense and Ingredient. Crazy post tongue. There is difference between being high maintenance and just wanting to look good.
Re: High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? by banom(m): 7:08pm On Sep 08, 2009
@ StillWater,

I feel your hot legs in your profile picture.

do you mind if ?
Re: High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? by deji2009(m): 7:08pm On Sep 08, 2009

I can't imagine some major top shot having an average Jane, plain looking girl for a girlfriend. . . .except if two of them had been together before any of them became top shot. Same thing for girls. . . . you role with your league, or something like that.

you"re right. like the saying goes, bird of the same feather flock together. we all have our own standards
Re: High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? by deji2009(m): 7:09pm On Sep 08, 2009

I feel your hot legs in your profile picture.

do you mind if ?

same here bro

lol
Re: High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? by GeorgeD1(m): 7:12pm On Sep 08, 2009
i'd say yes. they get more 'patronage' from bot bellied politicians and their cronies! grin
Re: High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? by Nobody: 7:12pm On Sep 08, 2009
err my people . . . stillwater is not single.  grin
Re: High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? by banom(m): 7:16pm On Sep 08, 2009
davidylan:

err my people . . . stillwater is not single.  grin

Are you her husband ?
Re: High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? by oyinda3(f): 7:20pm On Sep 08, 2009
davidylan:

this is true especially if the rich guy is the flashy type. like attracts like.
there are some guys that are really rich and you wouldn't know from looking at them 'cause they're so laid back. lol then when they start talking abt their parents, vacation homes then u are like   shocked WHAT and you have holes in ur sweater? hahah
there are some guys too that are not so rich (but usually they are) and they are always dressed sharply. ralph lauren polo shirts, clean shoes etc those are the flashy types that attract high maintenance girls.
Re: High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? by finemocha(f): 7:23pm On Sep 08, 2009
from experience dating a guy that is high maintenance is very very hard.
Re: High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? by GeorgeD1(m): 7:27pm On Sep 08, 2009
i thought we're talking about babes here? wink
Re: High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? by africhika(f): 7:37pm On Sep 08, 2009
   quote from Davidylan: 
« #35 on: Today at 06:53:24 PM »

sad sad sad  oh, well.
Re: High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? by oyinda3(f): 7:38pm On Sep 08, 2009
africhika:

sad sad sad  oh, well.

rotfl. it's not too late girl
Re: High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? by africhika(f): 7:40pm On Sep 08, 2009
  quote by spikedcylinder: « #36 on: Today at 06:57:50 PM »

Exactly.

so if a lady isn't holding a $300 purse, rocking a lace front, getting her nails done every week, then she's a plain Jane?
are all men really looking for High Class DIVAS?? maybe, i'm naive, but i hope not! what happened to simplicity?
Re: High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? by africhika(f): 7:43pm On Sep 08, 2009
  quote by Banom: « #32 on: Today at 06:48:56 PM »

@ Poster,
There is always a paradox in such social situation,
the more beautiful,handsome sophisticated or so called high class a person is , the  more he is likely to be isolated,
this happens for several reasons,

Sophisticated people normally appear pompous ,and pomposity in a social settings a times can elicit envy and ill will,
secondly, most people will be threatened by the sophisticated exterior and will prefer to admire it from afar, 

I talk from personal experience, when i was in  the university, a times i used to be frustrated inside me, on how people used to admire me then, a girl will admire me but was just too scared to make a bold step towards that, me i will just be confused, even when i try to go close and signal my own interest, she will still be scared, they wouldn't know i was admiring them also,
The truth is that appearing  too sophisticated in a social environment makes other  people around you look inferior and it reduces their confidence of self worth.
Being flamboyant a times brings the opposite of what many people expect.  .

that's a new way to look at it.
look at genevieve nnaji.
even beyonce leads a very quiet life outside of all the glamor.
Re: High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? by 4Play(m): 7:47pm On Sep 08, 2009
If a girl is high maintenance, we have to assume that she has some appealing physical features. It's hard to imagine an obscenely wowo girl being high maintenance. If the premise that a high maintenance girl is by implication ''sexy'' holds, then she will get more dates, not because she's high maintenance, but because men find her attractive.

Attractive women get more dates, high maintenance girls get more  dates because they are often attractive.
Re: High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? by africhika(f): 7:50pm On Sep 08, 2009
^^ but are they, these high class divas, more attractive than more simple types? i thought people go for simplicity. the less is more thing, you know.
Re: High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? by deji2009(m): 7:50pm On Sep 08, 2009
Any female I"ll be alright. if it comes my way then I"ll grab it, but for me to be stressing up and n down is not in my blood and not my style. look at your fingers now they aint equal. are they ?
Re: High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? by deji2009(m): 7:52pm On Sep 08, 2009
@4 Play good game we had last bro arsenal vs manunited
Re: High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? by africhika(f): 7:53pm On Sep 08, 2009
^^ i second that. you won't find me sitting in a hair salon every single weekend. but my hair still always looks nice.
Re: High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? by 4Play(m): 7:56pm On Sep 08, 2009
africhika:

^^ but are they, these high class divas,  more attractive than more simple types? i thought people go for simplicity. the less is more thing, you know.

I would think that for a girl to live a life of high maintenance, she must have something going for her. It's hard to tell but it's probably fair to say they are more attractive, how else can they get men to accede to their financial demands?
Re: High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? by 4Play(m): 7:58pm On Sep 08, 2009
deji2009:

@4 Play good game we had last bro arsenal vs manunited

They think football is about making ineffective passes in the middle of the pitch.
Re: High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? by posakosa(m): 8:00pm On Sep 08, 2009
Whats the difference between High Maintenance and a Rich Girl ? There are many RICH GIRLS that are NOT high maintenance.

Anyways sha!
Re: High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? by GeorgeD1(m): 8:01pm On Sep 08, 2009
are you playing high class babes here? grin
Re: High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? by Nobody: 8:05pm On Sep 08, 2009
africhika:

^^ but are they, these high class divas,  more attractive than more simple types? i thought people go for simplicity. the less is more thing, you know.

depends on what you define as "simplicity". Being sloppy is not the same as simplicity . . . you dont have to be expensive to look good but pls look good! It doesnt take much to have your nails fixed weekly, hair styled neatly and wear nice matching attire.
Re: High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? by GeorgeD1(m): 8:08pm On Sep 08, 2009
aye. you can be simple without neccesarily being sloppy! grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Awesome Beauty Products Reviews From I Look Dope With Chris Konor / Ladies, Can You Leave Home Without Wearing Makeup? / Where Can I Get A Tattoo In Lagos?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.