Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,652 members, 7,955,364 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:38 AM

High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? - Fashion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? (15742 Views)

What Perfume Do U Use And How Much Does It Cost? / Dudu Oshun. Does It Tone? / G-string Fever:how Does It Feel To Wear It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? by samnaija: 8:30pm On Sep 09, 2009
i think high maintenance chics know want they want, and thats to attract certain kin of guys(loaded) n babes(their kind).even durin my school dayz chics wey wear heavy make up no dey, flow with su chics, grin cool
Re: High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? by mccloud224(m): 8:45pm On Sep 09, 2009
@africhika

that's a new way to look at it.
look at genevieve nnaji.
even beyonce leads a very quiet life outside of all the glamor

You're sure about that?Then why didn't Beyounce settle for one of her dancers?Why did she marry one of the richest rappers/producer/business mogul in hip hop biz?Why did she sing the song "My ego" is she's so "laid back".

@Topic
Like attracts like.It's as simple as that.
Re: High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? by blonde4ril: 12:01am On Sep 10, 2009
@ posakosa. in my opinion, high maintenance are those dat wether they are living above their means, within their means, sleeping with rich guys(prostituting) just to kip up appearances, they do thins that are not actually normal to the ordinary person( doin nails twice a week, wearin stilletos everyday! u know, undergoing the stress and pain of dryers and braids to get a hairdo weekly!). i mean they go out of their way to impress because they feel without that lifestyle they are inferior and would be looked down upon. what i'm tryin to say they do it so peeps would admire and look up to dem

lookin good is GOOD and fun and a must for all ladies.
in gettin dates remember guys are attracted to the physical first- but the serious ones know wat they want.

do not just overplay it to an irritatin level.
Re: High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? by africhika(f): 2:33am On Sep 10, 2009
@ mccloud, i didn't say beyonce was laid back. i said she leads a quiet life-style outside of the glamour. in pics when she's on vacation, u always see her with her cousin, sis, or mom. u don't hear about her getting filthy drunk @ parties, strung on on drugs in hotel rooms, involved in hit n run accidents, or driving nude like u hear about those crazy white girl celebs. i have no idea if bey is HM becuz i don't personally know her.   

there are some celebs who look good, wear expensive clothes and are still low maintenance. meaning, they aren't obsessed. u can't really know if some1 is HM by just looking @ them. u have to get to know them, learn about their habits.
Re: High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? by oyinda3(f): 3:00am On Sep 10, 2009
^OF COURSE beyonce is the definition of high maintenance. duh lol
just because she doesn't wear high heels to go swimming on vacation doesn't make her laid back. and no she's not getting drunk because she has an image to protect. not all high maintenance ppl get drunk and wasted. a lot of them are classy too

there are some celebs who look good, wear expensive clothes and are still low maintenance. meaning, they aren't obsessed.

high maintenance doesn't mean obsessed. it means that you require lots of money and time to keep your appearance. and beyonce definitely falls into that category.
Re: High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? by africhika(f): 3:24am On Sep 10, 2009
^^ honestly,  none of us REALLY  know if bey is HM. she looks great, but looking great doesn't mean your HM.
we don't know her habits. we just speculate that she is HM. u have to KNOW some1 to know if they're HM. being a celebrity doesn't automatically mean your high maintenance.    

i was responding to a comment some1 made about some HM people actually being lonely, isolated pple. but that's another topic.

and yes, HM means obsessed, excessive, going toooo far
Re: High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? by oyinda3(f): 3:59am On Sep 10, 2009
africhika:

^^ honestly,  none of us REALLY  know if bey is HM. she looks great, but looking great doesn't mean your HM.
we don't know her habits. we just speculate that she is HM. u have to KNOW some1 to know if they're HM. being a celebrity doesn't automatically mean your high maintenance.    

i was responding to a comment some1 made about some HM people actually being lonely, isolated pple. but that's another topic.

and yes, HM means obsessed, excessive, going toooo far

your definition is different then. most HM people are not lonely and isolated! they usually hang out among their social group (tend to be snobby ppl)and tend to have many friends. the only scenario i would imagine them being lonely and isolated is if they were placed among a group of people outside of their social group. imagine beyonce having to share rooms with a group of poor low maintenance girls. they would hate her and/or feel intimidated.

high maintenance

having expensive taste and multiple costly needs frequently.

ex. The teenage girl had to have the expensive, name-brand shoes instead of the cheaper ones that were just as good.

1. Requiring much time and many products to keep their appearance at the current level.

ex I know I'm high maintenance, said the beauty queen.
Re: High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? by chic2pimp(m): 5:54am On Sep 10, 2009
oyinda.:

^OF COURSE beyonce is the definition of high maintenance. duh lol
just because she doesn't wear high heels to go swimming on vacation doesn't make her laid back
. and no she's not getting drunk because she has an image to protect. not all high maintenance ppl get drunk and wasted. a lot of them are classy too
oyinda.:

high maintenance

having expensive taste and multiple costly needs frequently.

ex. The teenage girl had to have the expensive, name-brand shoes instead of the cheaper ones that were just as good.

1. Requiring much time and many products to keep their appearance at the current level.

ex I know I'm high maintenance, said the beauty queen.
GBAM. Excellent,well written and factual post. Thats why I loff you kiss cheesy grin. I am ready to cook your meal. What would u like to eat? undecided . Pounded yam,jollof rice or fried rice.
Re: High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? by africhika(f): 3:09pm On Sep 10, 2009
oyinda, i didn't say HM pple were lonely and isolated. some1 else said this and i just commented on it.

quote from banom: « #32 on: September 08, 2009, 06:48 PM » 

@ Poster,
There is always a paradox in such social situation,
the more beautiful,handsome sophisticated or so called high class a person is , the  more he is likely to be isolated,
this happens for several reasons,

Sophisticated people normally appear pompous ,and pomposity in a social settings a times can elicit envy and ill will,
secondly, most people will be threatened by the sophisticated exterior and will prefer to admire it from afar, 

I talk from personal experience, when i was in  the university, a times i used to be frustrated inside me, on how people used to admire me then, a girl will admire me but was just too scared to make a bold step towards that, me i will just be confused, even when i try to go close and signal my own interest, she will still be scared, they wouldn't know i was admiring them also,
The truth is that appearing  too sophisticated in a social environment makes other  people around you look inferior and it reduces their confidence of self worth.
Being flamboyant a times brings the opposite of what many people expect.  .

HM is not just about wearing expensive clothes. i think u can be HM and still wear cheap clothes. it's about your daily, weekly, monthly beauty routine. how LONG does it take u to get dressed every morning? 1 hr or 4 hrs? how often do you look at urself in a mirror? how often do you get a chemical peel? HM is about your habits, your beauty regimen. lots of girl wear expensive clothes, but aren't HM.

you have 2 young ladies. in 1 week, u see ashley in beautiful expensive clothes. she wears cornrows throughout the whole week and costly french manicure. she carries the same  $300 purse most of the time.  u see laura. every day of the week, laura has a new weave. she changes her nails evry 2 days.  after every class, she's in the restroom looking at her face in the mirror for 15 min,. whenever she's in a car, she's looking adjusting her hair and makeup.

ashley has expensive taste. laura is HM.
Re: High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? by GeorgeD1(m): 4:31pm On Sep 10, 2009
yes, lots of girls wear expensive clothing that are borrowed from friends. grin
Re: High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? by posakosa(m): 5:37pm On Sep 10, 2009
George_D:

yes, lots of girls wear expensive clothing that are borrowed from friends. grin

like in the movie Jenifa.
Re: High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? by GeorgeD1(m): 8:17pm On Sep 10, 2009
ha, ha, ha! grin
Re: High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? by Amigoz(f): 10:01pm On Sep 10, 2009
Do HM babes take out HM Insurance, just in case their men cant maintain cheesy
Or Gawd forbid they are mostly INDEPENDENT BABES shocked shocked cheesy cheesy
Re: High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? by oyinda3(f): 3:33am On Sep 11, 2009
africhika:

oyinda, i didn't say HM pple were lonely and isolated. some1 else said this and i just commented on it.

HM is not just about wearing expensive clothes. i think u can be HM and still wear cheap clothes. it's about your daily, weekly, monthly beauty routine. how LONG does it take u to get dressed every morning? 1 hr or 4 hrs? how often do you look at urself in a mirror? how often do you get a chemical peel? HM is about your habits, your beauty regimen. lots of girl wear expensive clothes, but aren't HM.

you have 2 young ladies. in 1 week, u see ashley in beautiful expensive clothes. she wears cornrows throughout the whole week and costly french manicure. she carries the same  $300 purse most of the time.  u see laura. every day of the week, laura has a new weave. she changes her nails evry 2 days.  after every class, she's in the restroom looking at her face in the mirror for 15 min,. whenever she's in a car, she's looking adjusting her hair and makeup.

ashley has expensive taste. laura is HM.

it's about time AND money. not just time.
both girls are high maintenance to me. the ashley girl seem to be more classy while the laura girl seem more trashy. but both need to invest time and money to maintain their looks.
Re: High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? by Nobody: 3:34am On Sep 11, 2009
una still dey on this topic?
Re: High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? by oyinda3(f): 3:36am On Sep 11, 2009
yes o. papa david
Re: High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? by chic2pimp(m): 3:40am On Sep 11, 2009
davidylan:

una still dey on this topic?
I wonder too ooo
oyinda.:

yes o. papa david
E yi la ma ri e si.
Re: High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? by GeorgeD1(m): 12:58pm On Sep 11, 2009
na high babes dey rock for here o, bros! grin
Re: High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? by Guru4Life: 1:00pm On Sep 11, 2009
I tot the topic was about getting dates or not getting dates

Like someone must have said before, I think like attracts like (most times) and some guys prefer these 'high maintenance' babes (and vice versa).
Re: High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? by GeorgeD1(m): 1:34pm On Sep 11, 2009
dates and dates, what diffrence does it make? grin
Re: High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? by misayada: 6:42pm On Aug 08, 2015
Writing about this too on my blog (allavosiyatalk..com) high maintenance chics. Its not that much of a big deal, or we are just looking at it the wrong way.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Awesome Beauty Products Reviews From I Look Dope With Chris Konor / Ladies, Can You Leave Home Without Wearing Makeup? / Where Can I Get A Tattoo In Lagos?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.