Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,365 members, 7,826,434 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:16 PM

High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? - Fashion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? (15503 Views)

What Perfume Do U Use And How Much Does It Cost? / Dudu Oshun. Does It Tone? / G-string Fever:how Does It Feel To Wear It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? by 4Play(m): 8:10pm On Sep 08, 2009
davidylan:

depends on what you define as "simplicity". Being sloppy is not the same as simplicity . . . you dont have to be expensive to look good but pls look good! It doesnt take much to have your nails fixed weekly, hair styled neatly and wear nice matching attire.

Matching attire and nails fixed weekly for this credit crunch? This one na ''high demanding'' husband. grin
Re: High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? by Nobody: 8:11pm On Sep 08, 2009
4 Play:

Matching attire and nails fixed weekly for this credit crunch? This one na ''high demanding'' husband. grin

those are non-negotiable . . . grin credit crunch or not. 4 week-old braids is not a funny sight.
Re: High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? by tk22ng: 8:12pm On Sep 08, 2009
the definately get more dates.
@jaylinaa, i like ur pic
Re: High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? by hotteju(f): 8:15pm On Sep 08, 2009
davidylan:

high maintenance girls get more dates because they take more time to look good. they also attract the best dates.

Face it guys, we only complain of high maintenance chics when the pocket is dry, when you're loaded they are the ones you want to shoot for.

Right on point!!!!
Re: High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? by koolchicco: 8:18pm On Sep 08, 2009
tk22ng:

@jaylinaa, i like your pic

Are u sure she's d one in da pic?

Na so Una go follow cripple one day! cheesy
Re: High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? by posakosa(m): 8:19pm On Sep 08, 2009
There are High Maintenance people who don't need to suck anyone's pocket dry.    embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? by Nobody: 8:20pm On Sep 08, 2009
4 Play:

If a girl is high maintenance, we have to assume that she has some appealing physical features. It's hard to imagine an obscenely wowo girl being high maintenance. If the premise that a high maintenance girl is by implication ''sexy'' holds, then she will get more dates, not because she's high maintenance, but because men find her attractive.

Attractive women get more dates, high maintenance girls get more  dates because they are often attractive.
Lol very true
Re: High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? by Nobody: 8:21pm On Sep 08, 2009
Guys, make we talk true, it is easier to razzle a so called high maintenance girl if your pocket is padded.
Re: High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? by posakosa(m): 8:23pm On Sep 08, 2009
OMO IBO:

Guys, make we talk true, it is easier to razzle a so called high maintenance girl if your pocket is padded.

If she's desperate for marriage, she's will even find a homeless boy sexy,
Re: High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? by Sauron1: 8:24pm On Sep 08, 2009
finemocha:

from experience dating a guy that is high maintenance is very very hard.

Yes!!!
Ma dates tell me that.
Re: High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? by Nobody: 8:25pm On Sep 08, 2009
OMO IBO:

even if your pockets are not padded . . . you just need a good dose of confidence. At the end of the day, guys shld not settle for less . . .
Re: High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? by Nobody: 8:27pm On Sep 08, 2009
posakosa:

If she's desperate for marriage, she's will even find a homeless boy sexy,

you are prolly referring to a gold digger and an opportunist.

A fair few high maintenance girls are not poor but they just want to keep up an appearance.
Re: High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? by oyinda3(f): 8:28pm On Sep 08, 2009
It's hard to imagine an obscenely wowo girl being high maintenance.

i will name donatella versace from the top of my head. but that's an extreme example lol
and i personally know a girl that the first time i met her,  she was dressed regularly and i didn't find her attractive at all. now i see her as one of the prettiest girls because she's so glamorous and classy the way she dresses etc.
the high maintenance part takes care of the wowoness usually. like they say, money makes ppl look good.

davidylan:

even if your pockets are not padded . . . you just need a good dose of confidence. At the end of the day, guys shld not settle for less . . .

nah. the high maintenance usually extends beyond the physical appearance. most high maintenance girls live the lifestyle as well so if your not ready to be going to expensive restaurants, parties, travelling, etc then you two will not be compatible.
a lot of rich guys date regular girls because they prefer the more laid back lifestyle. so it depends on the guy's personality too not just the pocket padding. lol
Re: High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? by Nobody: 8:31pm On Sep 08, 2009
davidylan:

Agreed. But you can't dispel the power of a padded pocket.

With a padded pocket, 50% of a man's worries regarding the opposite sex is as good as DONE.
Re: High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? by Sauron1: 8:32pm On Sep 08, 2009
OMO IBO:

Agreed. But you can't dispel the power of a padded pocket.

With a padded pocket, 50% of a man's worries regarding the opposite sex is as good as DONE.

Make that 90%.
Re: High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? by Nobody: 8:33pm On Sep 08, 2009
~Sauron~:

Make that 90%.
Nah, 50% please cheesy
Re: High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? by chic2pimp(m): 8:34pm On Sep 08, 2009
hotteju:

Right on point!!!!
Does the same logic apply to high maintenance males?
OMO IBO:

Na true jare. There is a crazy saying that goes like this 'Money Is The Root Of All Evil'. That saying na wayo jare. I bet the person wey create dat saying be poor man himself. Him suppose say 'Not Having Money Is The Root Of All Evil'
Re: High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? by Sauron1: 8:34pm On Sep 08, 2009
ibkaye:

Nah, 50% please cheesy

Cash Rules, Ibkaye!!!!
Gimme the cash and i will be bedding Beyonce Knowles. cheesy
Re: High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? by Nobody: 8:36pm On Sep 08, 2009
~Sauron~:

Cash Rules, Ibkaye!!!!
Sheesh, is that how you see the majority of women? cheesy
Ok, I'll shift it up to about 65% yeah? cheesy
Re: High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? by Nobody: 8:37pm On Sep 08, 2009
chic2pimp:

Does the same logic apply to high maintenance males?Na true jare. There is a crazy saying that goes like this 'Money Is The Root Of All Evil'. That saying na wayo jare. I bet the person wey create dat saying be poor man himself. Him suppose say 'Not Having Money Is The Root Of All Evil'

I WAN LAUGH DIE.
Besides, sebi na for bible that quote dey?
Re: High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? by 4Play(m): 8:37pm On Sep 08, 2009
oyinda.:

i will name donatella versace from the top of my head. but that's an extreme example lol

You are right, to an extent, a lot of high achieving women are wowo and high maintenance at the same time.
Re: High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? by chibaby5(f): 8:38pm On Sep 08, 2009
LMAO @'High Maintenance'. . . sowieeee but it jus soundz funny grin grin cool
Re: High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? by Nobody: 8:38pm On Sep 08, 2009
~Sauron~:

Cash Rules, Ibkaye!!!!
TOO RIGHT
TOO RIGHT
Re: High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? by Sauron1: 8:39pm On Sep 08, 2009
ibkaye:

Sheesh, is that how you see the majority of women? cheesy
Ok, I'll shift it up to about 65% yeah? cheesy

Cash is essential. . . . . . .
When u don't have enough to spare. . . . .women think you are stingy.
When u have enough to throw around, then you are the bestest boyfriend they can ever have.
Re: High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? by Nobody: 8:40pm On Sep 08, 2009
~Sauron~:

When u have enough to throw around, then you are the bestest boyfriend they can ever have.
I guess I'm not part of those group of women tongue
Re: High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? by Secretz(f): 8:41pm On Sep 08, 2009
Not only more dates, better quality of course. . . . . .  I mean why waste money doing this and that on a regz only to attract rubbish?  Only the person paying for it all can really determine whether they feel the guy/gal is high maintenance. . . . . tongue grin
Re: High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? by chic2pimp(m): 8:42pm On Sep 08, 2009
OMO IBO:

I WAN LAUGH DIE.
Besides, sebi na for bible that quote dey?
Bible ke? shocked shocked When bible start dey give wayo quotings? undecided
ibkaye:

Keep deceiving ya selfs tongue cool
Re: High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? by Sauron1: 8:42pm On Sep 08, 2009
ibkaye:

Soon you will understand. grin
Re: High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? by Nobody: 8:43pm On Sep 08, 2009
chic2pimp:

Keep deceiving ya selfs tongue cool
sad
~Sauron~:

Soon you will understand. grin
If you say so cheesy
Re: High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? by chic2pimp(m): 8:46pm On Sep 08, 2009
ibkaye:

sad

Berra don't be sad ooo. I speak the truth wink cool
Re: High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? by Nobody: 8:47pm On Sep 08, 2009
chic2pimp:

Berra don't be sad ooo. I speak the truth wink cool
But you don't smiley
Re: High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? by tubabie(f): 8:47pm On Sep 08, 2009
~Sauron~:

Sometimes true, but am not in support of this school of thought, cash isn't everything. Make it 50%

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Where Can I Get A Tattoo In Lagos? / Awesome Beauty Products Reviews From I Look Dope With Chris Konor / How To Revive Your Old Wig. (synthetic/human Hair)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.