Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,498 members, 7,812,542 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:04 PM

Abuja Transformer Explodes, Kills Pregnant Woman, Five Others - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abuja Transformer Explodes, Kills Pregnant Woman, Five Others (19020 Views)

Governor Yahaya Bello Commissions A Transformer As His First Project in Kogi.PIC / Soldiers Sack Agatu Villages, Kill Pregnant Woman, Five Others- The Punch / BREAKING: Boko Haram IED Explodes, Kills Four People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abuja Transformer Explodes, Kills Pregnant Woman, Five Others by glossy6(f): 8:05am On Jul 06, 2016
ibe9ja:
Useless country. Light una no gry give. Na to kill people una sabi. May the spirit of the dead hunt PDP and APC.

Amen

1 Like

Re: Abuja Transformer Explodes, Kills Pregnant Woman, Five Others by hopyroll(m): 8:05am On Jul 06, 2016
I begin to wonder if na CHAIN dem dey chant or na CHANGE.......anyway its part of change......
RIP to the dead
Re: Abuja Transformer Explodes, Kills Pregnant Woman, Five Others by Samzack(m): 8:07am On Jul 06, 2016
D current make house dey vibrate Chai! Naija una own no dey ever finish. R.I.P 2 d dead so sad dey didn't deserve it
Re: Abuja Transformer Explodes, Kills Pregnant Woman, Five Others by c4life: 8:23am On Jul 06, 2016
But bro. Please can you enlight me on the possibility of fan's switch shocked or electrocuted someone. Does it mean the plastic cover of the switch melted? Pls enlight me! Thanks in advance

Proffdada:
So sad.
RIP to the dead cry
This is the product of amateur jumping of fuse terminals on the transformer otherwise the circuit would've been broken before it got to any house
Re: Abuja Transformer Explodes, Kills Pregnant Woman, Five Others by c4life: 8:26am On Jul 06, 2016
My dear i am surprised to hear it o o. May God protect His children. Amen.

Obago1000:
Now that's scary. So electric transformers can explode at anytime and affect people in their homes??
Re: Abuja Transformer Explodes, Kills Pregnant Woman, Five Others by cruz419(m): 8:33am On Jul 06, 2016
Blood of Jesus,, I hate electric shock pass hell fire Dat thing bad!!
Re: Abuja Transformer Explodes, Kills Pregnant Woman, Five Others by Afritop(m): 8:47am On Jul 06, 2016

He said, “As I made to step out, the door shocked me and threw me against the wall. I shouted and made for the door again and the next thing was that I was flung outside where I hit my face on the ground. I later opened my eyes to find myself in the hospital.”
He should have stay put after the first attempt
Re: Abuja Transformer Explodes, Kills Pregnant Woman, Five Others by ijustdey: 8:51am On Jul 06, 2016
this is sad

why can't the power holding companies carry out proper checks and maintenance of their installation when people called them that it's faulty

1 Like

Re: Abuja Transformer Explodes, Kills Pregnant Woman, Five Others by RobinHez(m): 8:51am On Jul 06, 2016
This is some scary shii right here... embarassed

And to find out this was all due to wrong connection by the guys in charge? Damn....
Re: Abuja Transformer Explodes, Kills Pregnant Woman, Five Others by Delightbaby(f): 8:55am On Jul 06, 2016
R.I.P to the dead and quick recovery to the injured. Inside your apartment again not that they are at the transformer. Different stories everyday in this country. God please protect and shield us with your wing.
Re: Abuja Transformer Explodes, Kills Pregnant Woman, Five Others by Kunberg: 8:58am On Jul 06, 2016
RIP to the dead
Re: Abuja Transformer Explodes, Kills Pregnant Woman, Five Others by Kunberg: 8:58am On Jul 06, 2016
That's sad
Re: Abuja Transformer Explodes, Kills Pregnant Woman, Five Others by Armstrong34(m): 9:23am On Jul 06, 2016
dis has to do wif d primary side of d transformer..... d voltage responsible for dis is as high as 33kv wich is equivalent to d 3 lines of d high tension.....RIP though
Re: Abuja Transformer Explodes, Kills Pregnant Woman, Five Others by Armstrong34(m): 9:26am On Jul 06, 2016
Proffdada:
So sad.
RIP to the dead cry
This is the product of amateur jumping of fuse terminals on the transformer otherwise the circuit would've been broken before it got to any house
.....I also fink EARTHING was not properly carried out wen installing DAT transformer....
Re: Abuja Transformer Explodes, Kills Pregnant Woman, Five Others by Proffdada: 9:31am On Jul 06, 2016
c4life:
But bro. Please can you enlight me on the possibility of fan's switch shocked or electrocuted someone. Does it mean the plastic cover of the switch melted? Pls enlight me! Thanks in advance

There are metallic parts even in the plastic covering (metallic finish of the brand logo) and also there's a great affinity for the electricity to travel to the ground in that case of high voltage(this can be observed in electrostatic generators e.g van de graaff and tesla coils) therefore she provided a conduit for the voltage

1 Like

Re: Abuja Transformer Explodes, Kills Pregnant Woman, Five Others by givemetoto(m): 9:42am On Jul 06, 2016
Re: Abuja Transformer Explodes, Kills Pregnant Woman, Five Others by Horus(m): 9:48am On Jul 06, 2016
The electrical transformer was too close to the house. The Government should consider banning new
building at a short distance from electrical transformers

1 Like

Re: Abuja Transformer Explodes, Kills Pregnant Woman, Five Others by bigass123(m): 10:01am On Jul 06, 2016
Quite unfortunate
.........................R I P to the dead.....................

May God grant the families of the bereaved fortitude to bear their loss...
And may God protect us all from such unforeseen dangers.
Re: Abuja Transformer Explodes, Kills Pregnant Woman, Five Others by ambrosedmax(m): 10:35am On Jul 06, 2016
kennygee:
Explains why there hasn't been light for days now.
exactly !! Very close to my neighbourhood ....residents around there are still in shock!
Re: Abuja Transformer Explodes, Kills Pregnant Woman, Five Others by c4life: 11:02am On Jul 06, 2016
Thanks dear.

Proffdada:

There are metallic parts even in the plastic covering (metallic finish of the brand logo) and also there's a great affinity for the electricity to travel to the ground in that case of high voltage(this can be observed in electrostatic generators e.g van de graaff and tesla coils) therefore she provided a conduit for the voltage
Re: Abuja Transformer Explodes, Kills Pregnant Woman, Five Others by sham2007: 11:31am On Jul 06, 2016
Lugbe a satellite town in the FCT has always been bedeviled by lack of power supply. It is unfortunate that it came to this, because the most irresponsible PHCN staff are stationed there. All they are interested in is to cut off light. This is a town that can never boast of 10 days power supply in a month. I pray someone does something about this because since Saturday there has not been a blink of light and PHCN claims its because of this incident that happened at Tudun Wada Village while the whole estate remains in darkness. So sad So unfortunate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abuja Transformer Explodes, Kills Pregnant Woman, Five Others by Proffdada: 12:20pm On Jul 06, 2016
c4life:
Thanks dear.

you're welcome

1 Like

Re: Abuja Transformer Explodes, Kills Pregnant Woman, Five Others by donbenie(m): 1:52pm On Jul 06, 2016
No light..the few wey we get na for citizens electrocution...
Re: Abuja Transformer Explodes, Kills Pregnant Woman, Five Others by fr3do(m): 2:37pm On Jul 06, 2016
God have mercy! the transformer shorted letting High voltage [11000 volts] to appear at people's premise instead of the expected maximum 415 volts.
Re: Abuja Transformer Explodes, Kills Pregnant Woman, Five Others by brojoshua: 4:04pm On Jul 06, 2016
Let electricity distribution company be immediately charged to court and let them be prosecuted and if found guilty, let her adequately compensate the families of all who died in the incident and those who were injured, for her carelessness, negligence, endangering and killing people she supposed to provide light for.
Re: Abuja Transformer Explodes, Kills Pregnant Woman, Five Others by blackprowler: 6:39pm On Jul 06, 2016
Proffdada:
So sad.
RIP to the dead cry

My brother, see me see trouble o. I see it everywhere in all transformers. They just place a thick wire where I know a fuse is supposed to be. It is Nigerian standard, and then God is expected not to let bad things happen as we're a prayerful nation. Nigeria is a joke. I'm frustrated to the bone, it seems I'm losing my mind. If you see how many degrees and certificates people acquire in order to occupy positions that ultimately bring this kind of ruin to fellow Nigerians, you'll be amazed. This country is a tragedy!
Re: Abuja Transformer Explodes, Kills Pregnant Woman, Five Others by ijababa: 7:29pm On Aug 11, 2016
Hello Sham, When am I going to get the fish oil I paid you for You have failed on your promise to send the product twice. Please redeem yourself and prove you are not a fraudster.
sham2007:
Lugbe a satellite town in the FCT has always been bedeviled by lack of power supply. It is unfortunate that it came to this, because the most irresponsible PHCN staff are stationed there. All they are interested in is to cut off light. This is a town that can never boast of 10 days power supply in a month. I pray someone does something about this because since Saturday there has not been a blink of light and PHCN claims its because of this incident that happened at Tudun Wada Village while the whole estate remains in darkness. So sad So unfortunate.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Court Summons Police Over Melaye's Detention. Senator Dino Melaye Shares Videos / Atiku, 40% Of My Cabinet Will Be Women And Youths / Why The APC Is Failing In Kwara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.