Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,744 members, 7,820,562 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:13 PM

Osaze Peter Odemwingie - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Osaze Peter Odemwingie (8279 Views)

Woman Defrauds Osaze Of £70000 / Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria / Wenger Bid £4m For Peter Odemwingie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osaze Peter Odemwingie by saworoide: 3:31pm On Sep 09, 2009
It is difficult to criticise Osaze on his effort, he's no Messi or Ronaldo, but he always gives his 100% whenever he plays for the country, just look at the determination that resulted in the 1st goal that was shortlived because of the lack of leadership on the pitch. Would you rather we played average players that would give us their best or egoistic "skillful" players like Mikel who believes they're doing us a favour playing for the country?,
Re: Osaze Peter Odemwingie by JoeAsh: 3:34pm On Sep 09, 2009
Good though. he is the best we have now as a player cheesy
Re: Osaze Peter Odemwingie by preselect(m): 3:37pm On Sep 09, 2009
has anybody suggested disbanding the team. see if we have no super eagles for the next ten yrs, i guess nigerians will have nothing to distract them and then we can focus on the lunatics in abuja called govt. perhaps that way we can achieve something in the next ten yrs, even if it is just a true election. and also save all that money spent on eagles and use it to tar one road somewhere. and also it will reduce all this desire to host one tournament or the other . . . an avenue to chop money by our theives in power
Re: Osaze Peter Odemwingie by lordmassac(m): 4:10pm On Sep 09, 2009
ya rite
Re: Osaze Peter Odemwingie by novaman: 4:28pm On Sep 09, 2009
Osaze is simply a discipline player, so committed and patriotic; he may not have the capacity of being seen as the best player in Africa or the world but he has the capacity of doing the job. Our players are not as committed as Osaze that is why we lost; if we give the players of Kano Pilllars the assurance that if they beat Tunisia, they will be the ones to wear the colours of Nigeria at the world cup; I can assure you that Tunisia will beaten by at least 3-0; our problem is committement; everyone on that team believe they will be called up anytime we qualify for the world cup, that is why they can afford not to concentrate on the task before them except their club. The reason to go to the world cup alone is enough moral boost for any player .
Re: Osaze Peter Odemwingie by galatico(m): 4:34pm On Sep 09, 2009
Osaze is a patrotic Nigerian I hail his courage, the defense was left flat footed, Where da hell was Mr. Hell Boy Taiye Taiwo when that pass was made? He left the Tunisia player, giving him so much time to pick a spot, clinical finish by the guy from Tunisia!!!
Re: Osaze Peter Odemwingie by akigbemaru: 4:35pm On Sep 09, 2009
Osaze anytime any day. I hope he plays in premiership too.
Re: Osaze Peter Odemwingie by Echidime(m): 4:47pm On Sep 09, 2009
When is EFCC arresting and puting all those players in PRISON?
Re: Osaze Peter Odemwingie by greateliso(m): 4:50pm On Sep 09, 2009
He is the 95% good.
Re: Osaze Peter Odemwingie by Vuitton(m): 5:04pm On Sep 09, 2009
Didnt watch the match but there has been nothing but praises for him (singularly) wherever i hear the gist.
Re: Osaze Peter Odemwingie by Builder: 5:14pm On Sep 09, 2009
Dr Kitaun, is your typical Yoruba man, anything good that isnt Yoruba must be put down.

osaze by far was the best man on tha field on saturday, the poor dude must be blaming himnself for not playing for the russian national team
Re: Osaze Peter Odemwingie by dani2fun(m): 5:24pm On Sep 09, 2009
The guy too good forget the oter people na them be chicken.
Re: Osaze Peter Odemwingie by dani2fun(m): 5:25pm On Sep 09, 2009
Even hearthland of owerri would have won the tunisians abeg that coach na wa oh,
Re: Osaze Peter Odemwingie by naylove(m): 5:34pm On Sep 09, 2009
am seriously pondering If Dr Kitaun watched that game live or he saw a replay on a discarded black and white television.(no offence intended).
lets not even consider previous contribution of the players in the recent eagles. coz we will just overwhelm Osaze with commendations. apart from his zeal to play for the eagles(i don knw think they shld be called chickens even if they payed like one against TuNISIA. u CAN also see his workrate and contribution to the team even if he gave the possesion away on some occasions, u still can take away that he was outstanding in the game.

To think that u consider Adeleye as a brain in that game na wa o.He was just battling his sleeves. whether he felt they were more of oppositions than the tunisians. Thank God that the upright was an inch higher. I dont want to imagine that ball entering the net.
Osaze is still the most dedicated and committed eagles player around now.

TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT.
Re: Osaze Peter Odemwingie by koolchicco: 5:47pm On Sep 09, 2009
Osaze a.k.a Adamma,I hail thee!!
Re: Osaze Peter Odemwingie by DrKitaun(m): 6:03pm On Sep 09, 2009
naylove:

am seriously pondering If Dr Kitaun  watched that game live or he saw a replay on a discarded black and white television.(no offence intended).
lets not even consider previous contribution of the players in the recent eagles. coz we will just overwhelm Osaze with commendations. apart from his zeal to play for the eagles(i don knw  think they shld be called chickens even if they payed like one against TuNISIA. u CAN also see his workrate and contribution to the team even if he gave the possesion away on some occasions, u still can take away that he was outstanding in the game.

To think that u consider Adeleye as  a brain in that game na wa o.He was just battling his sleeves. whether he felt they were more of oppositions than the tunisians.  Thank God that the upright was an inch higher.  I dont  want to imagine that ball entering the net.
Osaze is still the most dedicated and committed eagles player around now.

TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT.

To hell with fools like u that feel Osaze is the next best thing after sliced bread !!!

its d 2nd best performance from him in the Suer Eagles and y'all are making it look like he is some Messi . .are u nuts ?

yes ! he played well but whats with crucifying all others whilst making others look the Devil's advocate ? there were times he didnt interprete the very few meaningful passes from the midfield and some of u here are yarning bunkumery!

oh I see . . .this thread is on the front page of NL no wonder we have so many irritants yarhing dust cos guy played better than the usual rubbsh . . .

COLLECTIVE AMNESIA dey too worry Nigerians . . .very soon some of u chaps will crucify him and probably want to go and burn down his family house at any woeful perfromance from him . . .

I remember quite vividly how he was lampooned here during the last Olympics  grin
Re: Osaze Peter Odemwingie by sley4life(m): 6:07pm On Sep 09, 2009
God bless osazie. He can be retained for 2014 world cup
Re: Osaze Peter Odemwingie by DrKitaun(m): 6:21pm On Sep 09, 2009
sley4life:

God bless osazie. He can be retained for 2014 world cup

yes . . .maybe then he would be made our technical adviser by virtue of his skin colour grin grin
Re: Osaze Peter Odemwingie by dipo2much(m): 6:26pm On Sep 09, 2009
Osaze is worthy of being vindicated. He always plays his best
Re: Osaze Peter Odemwingie by No2Atheism(m): 6:32pm On Sep 09, 2009
I think Osaze is performing because he seems to be one of the few that are actually using their true age . . . hence although he is 29 nevertheless he seems to be stronger and more capable than his elders claiming to be his junior, because in terms of biology, he has not yet lost his youth i.e. he still has his youth hence can still play . . . contrary to the other bros.

I think one solution to solving nigeria's football problem is to make MRI Scan mandatory for any player representing the country at any level so that the players age can be digitally monitor and databased, thus making it easy to actually detect those who actually have the natural ability in contrast to those who are only using age cheating to gain an advantage.
Re: Osaze Peter Odemwingie by preselect(m): 6:35pm On Sep 09, 2009
kanu nwankwo should be appraoching 45yrs now grin

some of those eagles are already 50yrs grin grin grin grin
Re: Osaze Peter Odemwingie by staloone(m): 7:04pm On Sep 09, 2009
Osaze was the man all over the pitch doing his thing his Nigerian way. i believe he deserves more comedation from us all Nigerians. he did perfectly well, IK was not himself, no flair, no power bolt in his legs for that sunday game. Obi!! only God knows when that boy will be a man for once.

Though he made the assist for one of the goals, he's a national and international disgrace.

I think Osaze should be voted the best player of the year in the forth coming Daar communications awards, he deservs it.

All hail O.P.O!!
Re: Osaze Peter Odemwingie by Nobody: 7:11pm On Sep 09, 2009
Kudos!
Re: Osaze Peter Odemwingie by sunnela: 7:40pm On Sep 09, 2009
FOE THE SAKE OF EMPHASIS, OSAZE (29 YR OLD REAL AND FOOTBALL AGE) COVERED THE COMBINED DISTANCE OF (MIKEL (22 FOOTBALL AGE) AND UCHE IKE (24 FOOTBALL AGE) THAT DAY AND HE'S SUPPOSE TO BE OLDER , AND SOME PEOPLE THINK IT ISN'T COMMENDABLE. HIS INDIVIDUAL BRILLIANCE GAVE US THE FIRST GOAL TOO
Re: Osaze Peter Odemwingie by morpheus24: 7:46pm On Sep 09, 2009
DR Kituan

Make you no chop slap for here.

Odemwnegie is the only Naja player with Heart. Full stop!

Stop insulting that boy!
Re: Osaze Peter Odemwingie by smile4kenn(m): 7:50pm On Sep 09, 2009
Na me hail pass!
Re: Osaze Peter Odemwingie by DrKitaun(m): 7:53pm On Sep 09, 2009
morpheus24:

DR Kituan

Make you una chop slap for here.

Odemwnegie is the only Naja player with Heart. Full stop!

Stop insulting that boy!

yes sir !

na here we go dey when e go happen . . .

Osaze go play rubbish and y'all will yap him and I will accordingly bring up this thread . . .
Re: Osaze Peter Odemwingie by Gekko(m): 8:06pm On Sep 09, 2009
Dr Kitaun:

yes sir !

Osaze go play rubbish and y'all will yap him and I will accordingly bring up this thread . . .

The main reason I started this thread was because I was highly impressed by his attitude on the pitch. To me, the result we received on Sunday summarizes the state of affairs in Nigeria. Sometimes its not how good you are, its how good you want to be. He may not have the been the most skillful player on the pitch but in my eyes he played with the most determination and if the other players adopted the same attitude we would have easily claimed victory.
Re: Osaze Peter Odemwingie by jalether(m): 8:24pm On Sep 09, 2009
Dr kitaun beyond every reasonable doubt, you must be suffering from turberculosis of the brain grin if you seriously

think Osaze hasn't been the best SE player in the qualifiers so far
Re: Osaze Peter Odemwingie by stanloski(m): 8:34pm On Sep 09, 2009
My take is that we are wasting the boy playing him wide. He belongs in the creative midfield role or just behind the two strikers. My reasons are as follows:

Remember our final qualifying match for Tunisia 2004 Nations Cup against angola? Osaz ran the show from the midfield, scored one goal and created a second to seal our qualification.

Remember Nigeria vs Rwanda in Kigali 2006 WCQ the Nigerian Team collapsed and all seemed lost, trailing 1-0 until Osaze moved to central midfield and turned the game around with superb ball distribution capped with a sweet long range through pass for obafemi Martins to score the equalizer. Yeah he looks erratic simply because he is played in the wrong position by a silly coach without ideas. He is our brightest and most consistent player throughout the qualifiers so far. Part of the reason is because he is a regular in his club!
Re: Osaze Peter Odemwingie by baslone: 9:17pm On Sep 09, 2009
Dr Kitaun:

yes sir !

I thot the thread is all about the Tunisia match, you have been going off point since you are finding it hard to accept the fact. No beefs but I dont think we watched the same match.
Re: Osaze Peter Odemwingie by concrete: 10:36pm On Sep 09, 2009
well done, osaze grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Don't Pay For Any 49ja Tricks, Run! / London Olympics: 3 Female Athletes Fail Drug Test / PHOTOS: 10 Craziest Flexible People Stretching in Public

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.