Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,875 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:55 PM

Osaze Peter Odemwingie - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Osaze Peter Odemwingie (8280 Views)

Woman Defrauds Osaze Of £70000 / Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria / Wenger Bid £4m For Peter Odemwingie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osaze Peter Odemwingie by No2Atheism(m): 10:38pm On Sep 09, 2009
Please i want to correct an earlier post made by me:

Osaze is actually 28 yrs old and not 29 yrs old like I earlier said please take note.
Re: Osaze Peter Odemwingie by jude33084(m): 11:12pm On Sep 09, 2009
let me correct one thing about osaze; he was not born in nigeria, he was born in one of the former soviet country b4 his dad dr. odemwengie broght him to benin. Why am I saying this,, he is the only one in the squad of ''super keneri'' grin that is using his real age. if he were to be born in naija he'll be claiming 20-22yrs like Your current under 17 squad. tongue
tongue
Re: Osaze Peter Odemwingie by asunaobi(m): 11:34pm On Sep 09, 2009
Hey Guyz I know hw painful it is. I am still recovering from the shock I received. Before the kick off I prayed to God to just allow us to score only one goal first and that would be it and when Odemi the man scored from almost an impossible angle I almost went insane from celebration. I said to myself SA 2010 here we come. To my utmost disappointment in life before I could say Jack Johnson the Tunisians were jumping up celebrating for an equalizer.

I dont want to blame the boyz for that outcome but one thing is certain, that showed us how backward Nigeria is now in everything. The boyz tried there best. The same thing and the same attitude that stopped us from the last world cup repeated itself again. The problem is not whether the eagles are good or not. If we look at the way they played there was no motivation at all.

From the look on there faces we could see that those boyz who most of them reside abroad have seen how western leaders plan, think and develop their countries and most importantly respect and give credit to whoever deserves it, but back home all we have is still uncivilized politics of tribe, gender and destruction of dear mother land. Shame on all us! Gani the goodman, I know you are now resting  with the Lord! R I P.
Re: Osaze Peter Odemwingie by youngdee(m): 11:48pm On Sep 09, 2009
Osaze always play 100% whenever he is playing for super eagles, he is the one I love most outta the Eagles
Re: Osaze Peter Odemwingie by JNdupu: 12:24am On Sep 10, 2009
At the end of every friendly match in london, Osaze is usually the only player to go towards the fans and acknowledge them.

Can we begin to imagine how many flight connections he has to take to answer the national call-up each time? Can we begin to imagine his frustration at having to maintain his game while "coaching" the clueless mugus Amodu surrounds him with?

God knows why but the boy really loves his country. We should love him back.
Re: Osaze Peter Odemwingie by Tsodiya(m): 12:50am On Sep 10, 2009
Kitaun abi wetin u call ya self, even blind man wey no fit see no say na only Osaze give 100% for that game. Champions play with heart and i beg my broda the guy de play him heart out. Everybody on nairaland de praise the guy na only u. She the guy collect ya wife? na wa o.
Re: Osaze Peter Odemwingie by merge(f): 5:19am On Sep 10, 2009
Osaze is the best player SE has. smiley Keep it up !!!!
Re: Osaze Peter Odemwingie by rygem: 5:30am On Sep 10, 2009
Dumb ass eagles. Poorly crafted performance. Way too local. No difference from government's vision 2020, NEPA, sorry, try again in 2014.
Re: Osaze Peter Odemwingie by omobachi(m): 7:33am On Sep 10, 2009
smiley
Re: Osaze Peter Odemwingie by slimshay(m): 7:34am On Sep 10, 2009
Nigerians are so fickle, for a second imagine the equaliser had hit the side netting and we had gone on to win 2-1, the same nincompoops insulting the boys here will be rejoicing how well they played. F ya'll.
Re: Osaze Peter Odemwingie by FBS: 7:49am On Sep 10, 2009
Yes he was born in Uzbekistan (then under USSR) and not Nigeria, therefore he couldn't have lied about his age. . . he is 28 btw. 
He is a fairly consistent player and who can forget his 2 beautiful goals against SA in the 2004 AFC. That was when he came on the scene. 

Funny and strangely enough, He plays with more passion while playing for his country than for his club (maybe this is just my own view) and we need more players like him. He is dedicated and very much to the national team unlike some others.

He gave a very good performance on sunday (at least unlike before all his crosses na stand 38 them dey reach  grin - That one is for Crizzle.)

He was the best player on the pitch that day. Good boy Osaze.  wink grin
Re: Osaze Peter Odemwingie by rasputinn(m): 8:02am On Sep 10, 2009
[size=14pt]Unfortunately,he won't ever star in the world cup,as I know we WONT be in SA 2010 and I'm almost certain,we'll miss out of Brasil 2014[/size]
Re: Osaze Peter Odemwingie by pek(m): 9:25am On Sep 10, 2009
osaze is the most dedicated super eagles player as of now. his contribution, dedication and play is second to none. if 4 other player played the way he did on sunday, i am sure will have been celebrating victory today.
Re: Osaze Peter Odemwingie by saworoide: 9:48am On Sep 10, 2009
I heard on Channels news yesterday that Ghana FF says they would not play the scheduled friendly with Nigeria if we fail to qualify for the world cup. See the shame and insults our SE are bringing upon the country. SUPER EAGLES OF SUPER NIGERIA,
Re: Osaze Peter Odemwingie by BATHGUYS: 9:52am On Sep 10, 2009
4 all of u guys beefing dis young man we understand dat u all r jus player hattin n nothing more ,cos d dude gat game n u all dont
Re: Osaze Peter Odemwingie by Nobody: 10:00am On Sep 10, 2009
Pity Osaze wouldn't be at the world cup!, he has always been a fine player, not exceptional, but committed, at 28 (or is he 29?) he may not be around by 2014, Siasia, should take over after his sojourn in Egypt!
Re: Osaze Peter Odemwingie by dustydee: 11:30am On Sep 10, 2009
he is very committed.I want him to go to the world cup,it's unfortunate that his team mates will not allow that to happen, very sad. God bless Osaze.
Re: Osaze Peter Odemwingie by adeshsam(m): 11:33am On Sep 10, 2009
Osaze is a skillful player, he played all our matches minded. I believe he shld be included in superCHICKEN squad.

Bless Us
Re: Osaze Peter Odemwingie by wales7479(m): 12:46pm On Sep 10, 2009
Osaze isthe only player that distinguished himself out as a top performer for CLUB and COUNTRY. He can use both legs correctly and very versatile. Others are normal player,
Re: Osaze Peter Odemwingie by fuke(m): 1:22pm On Sep 10, 2009
I have the highest regards for medics but this doctor is somrhing else. Osaze may be 
                      a bit above average but he plays with his heart. He comes to camp on time and he  listens
                       to his coaches. Not for him, the arrogance of some eagles who would want the prsident to
                     beg  them before they play.

Having said that, where was this doc when Osaze scored a braagainst South Africa on his
                     debut I think. I beg, if you envy the boy because he fine, know and we will address that, but
                        to say the guy does not give his all, its fa fa foul
Re: Osaze Peter Odemwingie by fuke(m): 1:23pm On Sep 10, 2009
fuke:

I have the highest regards for medics but this doctor is somrhing else. Osaze may be 
                      a bit above average but he plays with his heart. He comes to camp on time and he  listens
                       to his coaches. Not for him, the arrogance of some eagles who would want the prsident to
                     beg  them before they play.

Having said that, where was this doc when Osaze scored a brace against South Africa on his
                     debut I think. I beg, if you envy the boy because he fine, know and we will address that, but
                        to say the guy does not give his all, its fa fa foul
Re: Osaze Peter Odemwingie by Nobody: 1:56pm On Sep 10, 2009
When Nigeria defeated Kenya 3 - 0, you guys were shouting " Uche"
Now it is Osaze. The guy really did well, but football is a team work
where the players share praise and blames.

As for me I hail our goal-keeper
Re: Osaze Peter Odemwingie by Nobody: 1:57pm On Sep 10, 2009
Osaze played his heart and mind out on sunday. I feel sad for him, reminds me of martins in 2005
Re: Osaze Peter Odemwingie by morpheus24: 2:07pm On Sep 10, 2009
The posts are overwhelming in favor for Osaze so DR Kitaun I rest my case.
Re: Osaze Peter Odemwingie by mailmalc(m): 4:10pm On Sep 10, 2009
Sincerely, i don't blame Dr Kitaun nd the rest of those hatin .    .   .   u see, this is wat happen wen u skip your medications. It's beta not saying anyfin at all than trying to state a fact which even you know its not true. For a long while now, Osazee remains the most dedicated player in the super eagles nd not forgetin a very skillful one at that. He plays his heart out for the team nd if other 3 or 4 of the other bunch of lazy players follow his trend then the eagle will certainly soar high.

U don't expect a single tree to make a forest. I'm not even judging by his last performance which obviously made him the best Nigerian footballer on that pitch. I don't care if he starts messing up 2moro cos to me he hs done his best for the team. If you don't see reasons with me then u ought to take dat your old-whacked glasses off nd get a new one  tschwwwwwwwwww!
Re: Osaze Peter Odemwingie by ochukoccna: 5:20pm On Sep 10, 2009
[size=18pt]OSAZE IS THE BOMB
4 THOSE DISSING
GO DROWN IN THE LAGOON
HE'S NO MESSI SKILLWISE
BUT ONCE HE WEARS THE JERSEY
HE'S A GANI FAWEHINMI PATRIOTISM WISE
I BELIEVE U GET THE PICTURE
LIKE THE ONE BELOW
AND IF YOU DON'T
SWALLOW 9milli SLUGS
SPITTING FROM 3GGA'S
LIKE THAT OF [/size]
  mailmalc's ABOVE grin cool shocked grin

Re: Osaze Peter Odemwingie by mykali(m): 6:02pm On Sep 10, 2009
i cant stand my national team sitting out on two consecutive WCs.
somebody needs to KILL somebody at the Glass House
Re: Osaze Peter Odemwingie by lawrence83: 6:14pm On Sep 10, 2009
No2Atheism:

Please i want to correct an earlier post made by me:

Osaze is actually 28 yrs old and not 29 yrs old like I earlier said please take note.
ehn ehn, then am 12
Re: Osaze Peter Odemwingie by lawrence83: 6:20pm On Sep 10, 2009
rasputinn:

[size=14pt]Unfortunately,he won't ever star in the world cup,as I know we WONT be in SA 2010 and I'm almost certain,we'll miss out of Brasil 2014[/size]
guy how u know, u are so correct about this, u should be a soothsayer

but who cares if he stars at the world cup, i just wanna enjoy my self, i dont need high blood pressure from to guys atleast for the next 50 years lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Osaze Peter Odemwingie by ochukoccna: 6:35pm On Sep 10, 2009
mykali:

i cant stand my national team sitting out on two consecutive WCs.
somebody needs to KILL somebody at the Glass House

TRUTH IS FALLEN IN 9JA AND WE ALL KEEP LOOKING AND PRAYING GOD IT WILL CHANGE. IN OTHER WORDS LIKE FELA TALK, SHUFFERING AND SMILING grin YET WHAT IS FAITH WITHOUT WORKS ? THE DECAY IN OUR NATIONAL LIFE HAS TOUCHED EVERY THING. LOOK AROUND YOU AND CONFIRM. SORRY MATE, UNTIL WE ARE ALL COLLECTIVELY WITHOUT [TRIBAL MARKS] READY TO ASK QUESTIONS FROM THE BUFFOONS WE CALL LEADERS. THINGS WILL NEVER CHANGE FOR THAT'S THE WAY IT IS AND THE WAY IT WILL BE UNTIL WE GET OFF OUR BIG BEHINDS IN2 THEIR FACES.

lawrence83:

ehn ehn, then am 12

Y R NIGERIANS SO SKEPTICAL?
iF OSAZE WAS BORN IN 9JA, YOUR POST WOULD MAKE MEANING FOR WE KEEP NO RECORDS UNLIKE EUROPE OR OTHER CIVILIZED CLIMES. HE'S NOT LIKE AGHAHOWA WHO JOINED& PLAYED WITH POLICE MACHINES FOR TWO YEARS AGED 11 shocked, LEFT THEM TO JOIN BENDEL INSURANCE [PREIMER LEAGUE FOOTBALL] AGED 13 undecided & LEFT THEM TO JOIN ESPERANCE OF TUNIS AGED 17 . NO WONDER HE'S RETIRED FROM THE NATIONAL TEAM AGED 27. grin
Re: Osaze Peter Odemwingie by mailmalc(m): 7:45pm On Sep 10, 2009
HE'S NOT LIKE AGHAHOWA WHO JOINED& PLAYED WITH POLICE MACHINES FOR TWO YEARS AGED 11 Shocked, LEFT THEM TO JOIN BENDEL INSURANCE [PREMIER LEAGUE FOOTBALL] AGED 13 Undecided & LEFT THEM TO JOIN ESPERANCE OF TUNIS AGED 17 Huh. NO WONDER HE'S RETIRED FROM THE NATIONAL TEAM AGED 27.
lwkmd! grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Osaze Peter Odemwingie by sheriffman(m): 8:22pm On Sep 10, 2009
Hey for whoever is reading this piece,Osaze has always remained the most committed Eagle anytime he is playing.?femi is good,likewise Adeleye and some very few others who still have the passion for the game in the National team colors.But I think the blame should go to the coaching crew who assembled them in the first place without getting his Tactics right.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Don't Pay For Any 49ja Tricks, Run! / London Olympics: 3 Female Athletes Fail Drug Test / PHOTOS: 10 Craziest Flexible People Stretching in Public

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.