Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,083 members, 7,818,240 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:01 AM

Has Dora Akunyili Lost Her Integrity? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Has Dora Akunyili Lost Her Integrity? (7334 Views)

Poll: Is Dora Akunyili still a woman of integrity?

Yes: 46% (41 votes)
No: 53% (48 votes)
This poll has ended

Saraki’s Wife Affirms Her Integrity / Saraki’s Wife, Barr @toyinsaraki Affirms Her Integrity / 8-Month Old Baby Who Lost Her Arm In A Boko Haram Attack Pictured (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Has Dora Akunyili Lost Her Integrity? by Gbawe: 7:46pm On Sep 09, 2009
qblaze:

@ First Poster,

Please don't EVER misspell her name again. It's Akunyili not Akunyuli.
OMG!!!

Dora is so hot, so sexy. It's a pity she's menopausal and married.

I'm in love with this woman.

cool cool cool cool

My friend, I did not write that. I originally titled  this thread "Dora Akunyili Is A Confused Pretender" . The mods decided to 'tidy' it up and give it their own title. Blame them for not spelling Akunyili's name properly.
Re: Has Dora Akunyili Lost Her Integrity? by bidemi12(m): 7:46pm On Sep 09, 2009
@GBAWE, sorry no be you i wan reply to. i beg forgive me cry
Re: Has Dora Akunyili Lost Her Integrity? by bidemi12(m): 7:49pm On Sep 09, 2009
@EKWERE. You need to understand what we are talking about here. There aret 2 issues. The first is as minister for information she has the responsibility to disseminate information currectly, which means all facts are checked and true and her pronounciations accurate. Lets assume someone from Tibet hears here when she called fawehinmi ''fayeni'' he will go back back to his country, put in their historical logs that Gani fayeni has died. Moreso he has every belief that the information is correct because it came from our information minister. fifty years down the line our children will take offence when people from Tibet refer to him as fayeni, or am i wrong? Issue 2. She sold out when she became information minister. Proves she never had integrity in the first place. From recent history in Nigeria all ministers in that capacity had always been dubious. There is no way you can maintain your integrity as information minister in a curropt Government. The government in Nigeria has always been lying to us and you expect the info minister to tell us the truth? You want make them sack am? She reprents them and all their two faced policies. SHIKENA
Re: Has Dora Akunyili Lost Her Integrity? by Gbawe: 7:55pm On Sep 09, 2009
bidemi12:

@Gwawe. You need to understand what we are talking about here. There aret 2 issues. The first is as minister for information she has the responsibility to disseminate information currectly, which means all facts are checked and true and her pronounciations accurate. Lets assume someone from Tibet hears here when she called fawehinmi ''fayeni'' he will go back back to his country, put in their historical logs that Gani fayeni has died. Moreso he has every belief that the information is correct because it came from our information minister. fifty years down the line our children will take offence when people from Tibet refer to him as fayeni, or am i wrong? Issue 2. She sold out when she became information minister. Proves she never had integrity in the first place. From recent history in Nigeria all ministers in that capacity had always been dubious. There is no way you can maintain your integrity as information minister in a curropt Government. The government in Nigeria has always been lying to us and you expect the info minister to tell us the truth? You want make them sack am? She reprents them and all their two faced policies. SHIKENA grin

You are totally correct with what you stated above. You actually make my point with how you point out that as Minister of Information she must be careful she is not guilty of misinformation. Referring to Gani Fawehinmi as Gani Fayemi , especially as part of a tribute to a dead man in his home,  is extremely poor, offensive and unproffessional of our Information Minister. Her apologist can continue to make excuses for her numerous gaffes but it is becoming obvious that Akunyili is not an effective information Minister.
Re: Has Dora Akunyili Lost Her Integrity? by GeorgeD1(m): 8:09pm On Sep 09, 2009
she's head over heels tying to please her master in her new office.
i'm sure she thinks this is the best way to go about it-always defending
the indefensible!
Re: Has Dora Akunyili Lost Her Integrity? by Gbawe: 8:32pm On Sep 09, 2009
George_D:

she's head over heels tying to please her master in her new office.
i'm sure she thinks this is the best way to go about it-always defending
the indefensible!

This is what I find most objectionable about Akunyili and her image as a woman of integrity. She has embraced her ignoble duties as a defender of a very bad and anti-people Government with so much gusto that one is left to conclude that she was born to do this similar to how political opportunists like David Mark will always 'follow the money' in doing the bidding of their most current paymasters and Godfathers. David Mark, as Communications Minister under IBB, felt compelled to defend his governments woeful anti-people stance by stating that "landline phone is not for ordinary Nigerians". Today this man who loathes the average Nigerian is our Senate President !!!!!

Akunyili is no different to Mark with how she will say or do whatever it takes to support her paymasters and benefactors even if she is severely compromising the interest of ordinary Nigerians .

Yar Adua's Government is extremely woeful. Even Akunyili's strongest supporters cannot deny that. They should tell us why their heroine , if she is full of integrity , has chosen to become the mouthpiece of this cruel regime rather than fight for its dismissal.
Re: Has Dora Akunyili Lost Her Integrity? by bidemi12(m): 8:56pm On Sep 09, 2009
I think we need a Ghana type revolution in Nigeria. These guys have and are taking us for granted and it has gone on for far too long
Re: Has Dora Akunyili Lost Her Integrity? by dbaptist1(m): 10:01pm On Sep 09, 2009
WELL LETS LEAVE DAT FOR her and HER MAKER
Re: Has Dora Akunyili Lost Her Integrity? by vanni(f): 5:03am On Sep 10, 2009
ye pls lets not judge,
Re: Has Dora Akunyili Lost Her Integrity? by rygem: 5:17am On Sep 10, 2009
When would  good people in Nigeria learn how to resign from a corrupt government position that tend to diminish their integrity? When? When? When? Dora swallowed the same old hook they have been using for decades to fish the good people. Once it is swallowed, you message changes to trash and absurdity. They endlessly dangled this hook at Gani Fawehinmi to no avail. People of integrity should be smarter than their schemes. It is better to have international respect than to be part of a dumb government.
Re: Has Dora Akunyili Lost Her Integrity? by kayodeO1: 9:46am On Sep 10, 2009
Sir kay,
I BELIEVE DORA,HAS INDEED LOST HER ITEGRITY EVERSINCE SHE BECOME THE MINSTER OF INFORMATION,SHE RESIGN HER APPIONTMENT,BEFORE SHE IS SHAME OUT OF OFFICE.
Re: Has Dora Akunyili Lost Her Integrity? by kayodeO1: 9:48am On Sep 10, 2009
Sir kay,
I BELIEVE DORA,HAS INDEED LOST HER ITEGRITY EVERSINCE SHE BECOME THE MINSTER OF INFORMATION,SHE SHOULD RESIGN HER APPIONTMENT,BEFORE SHE IS SHAME OUT OF OFFICE.
Re: Has Dora Akunyili Lost Her Integrity? by succexx: 9:50am On Sep 10, 2009
Please leave Dora alone. She has done remarkably well and has contributed greatly to making nigeria a better place. she almost sacrificed her life for this country. is this how we are to pay her back? as Minister, she has tried so hard to stay out of controversies, and still working with passion and energy for the niigerian people. she is a great woman. lets not vilify our own.
Re: Has Dora Akunyili Lost Her Integrity? by Gbawe: 10:07am On Sep 10, 2009
succexx:

Please leave Dora alone. She has done remarkably well and has contributed greatly to making nigeria a better place. she almost sacrificed her life for this country. is this how we are to pay her back? as Minister, she has tried so hard to stay out of controversies, and still working with passion and energy for the niigerian people. she is a great woman. lets not vilify our own.

So what do you think about Dora's ignoble role in the Ekiti shame witnessed by the entire world? Will you be like Akunyili's many supporters who fail to talk about her bullying role in the saga that saw the people of Ekiti denied their mandate? You must not have witnessed Madam Rebrand shameless attempt to cast aspersion on the character of Mrs Ayoka Adebayo (Ekiti's regional electoral commisioner - REC) merely because she refused to announce a PDP win despite it being crystal clear to the entire world that the PDP lost in Ekiti.

We are not going anywhere as a nation with so many Nigerians still willing to back and support election riggers like Dora Akunyili. Nothing , I repeat nothing , is greater in a democracy than allowing the electorate to choose its leaders. This is the underpinning block of democracy. Mess with that and misrule and national regression , as we see in Nigeria currently , is the outcome.
Re: Has Dora Akunyili Lost Her Integrity? by wiseguy(m): 11:58am On Sep 10, 2009
succexx:

, still working with passion and energy for the nigerian people.

No way! She is working with passion and energy for PDP and the corrupt nigerian govt. And the last time i checked shining your eyes on national television does not equate to passion.

Again, if you have been following this thread, no one has vilified her role at Nafdac. Almost everyone has agreed she did a tremendous work at Nafdac including my humble self and its on that basis that we are constructively criticizing her role now as information minister. We cannot because she did well in Nafdac turn away from what we are seeing now. That will be a great disservice to this country and its people.
In Zimbabwe and in Africa, Robert Mugabe used to be a hero but when he derailed, well meaning people of that country had to fight against his tyranny. Our focus is on what Auntie Dora is doing now and not what she did before.
Re: Has Dora Akunyili Lost Her Integrity? by MrCrackles(m): 12:00pm On Sep 10, 2009
Now that i have my glasses on, i can see better. . . .
I thought the thread title was "has Dora Akinyuli lost her virginity" shocked
Hehehe. . . .
Re: Has Dora Akunyili Lost Her Integrity? by chidichris(m): 12:01pm On Sep 10, 2009
if this topic is still a question, the is a very big YES
Re: Has Dora Akunyili Lost Her Integrity? by wiseguy(m): 12:09pm On Sep 10, 2009
MrCrackles:

I thought the thread title was "has Dora Akinyuli lost her virginity" shocked
Hehehe. . . .

lol. you ain't serious at all.
Re: Has Dora Akunyili Lost Her Integrity? by yeswecan(m): 1:25pm On Sep 10, 2009
I am a supporter of Dora Akunyili, but she has failed
Re: Has Dora Akunyili Lost Her Integrity? by GeorgeD1(m): 3:43pm On Sep 10, 2009
Gbawe:

This is what I find most objectionable about Akunyili and her image as a woman of integrity. She has embraced her ignoble duties as a defender of a very bad and anti-people Government with so much gusto that one is left to conclude that she was born to do this similar to how political opportunists like David Mark will always 'follow the money' in doing the bidding of their most current paymasters and Godfathers. David Mark, as Communications Minister under IBB, felt compelled to defend his governments woeful anti-people stance by stating that "landline phone is not for ordinary Nigerians". Today this man who loathes the average Nigerian is our Senate President !!!!!

Akunyili is no different to Mark with how she will say or do whatever it takes to support her paymasters and benefactors even if she is severely compromising the interest of ordinary Nigerians .

Yar Adua's Government is extremely woeful. Even Akunyili's strongest supporters cannot deny that. They should tell us why their heroine , if she is full of integrity , has chosen to become the mouthpiece of this cruel regime rather than fight for its dismissal.

exactly! and this is what i find most appalling about the third world in general. there is
a dearth of truely principled people in government. in the USA and other advanced
conuntries, people resign their appointment when they can no longer agree with the
policies of the government which appointed them in the first place. here in the third world,
political appointees see it as a rule to defend such government to their death!
david mark, chukwumerijie, frank nweke jr, etc name them. this problem seems especially
more prevalent with so-called communication ministers.
Re: Has Dora Akunyili Lost Her Integrity? by krimi(f): 3:46pm On Sep 10, 2009
@GBAWE

AM SURE U WER PART OF D PIPS SHE BOUNCED DURN HER STAY AT NAFDAC.

U SOUND BITTER LIKE SHE DESTROYD UR BUSINESS,ABEG EASY ON D SHEETS,COOL DOWN U HEAR wink
Re: Has Dora Akunyili Lost Her Integrity? by mployer(m): 3:46pm On Sep 10, 2009
@poster

You are stupid.  If I tell you my Igbo name, can you pronounce it?

Why blame an Igbo woman for not being able to pronounce a yourba name?
Re: Has Dora Akunyili Lost Her Integrity? by mployer(m): 3:51pm On Sep 10, 2009
I thought the thread title was "has Dora Akinyuli lost her virginity"
Hehehe. . . .

that's a very expensive joke sad
Re: Has Dora Akunyili Lost Her Integrity? by GeorgeD1(m): 4:24pm On Sep 10, 2009
don't be coarse. a woman nearing 50 and married with children could not have
been a virgin anymore.
Re: Has Dora Akunyili Lost Her Integrity? by tushbobo(m): 4:33pm On Sep 10, 2009
It's very easy to criticize but one certain fact is that all those saying negative things about dora would have perfomed worse if they were in her shoes both at nafdac and ministry of information and communications.nobody is perfect and the little mistakes she has made does not diminish her good works
Re: Has Dora Akunyili Lost Her Integrity? by GeorgeD1(m): 4:39pm On Sep 10, 2009
get it right. nobody criticised her when she was at nafdac. the general opinion
then was that she was doing a great job. what we are saying is that going by what we
thought she represented at nafdac-a no nonsense woman always standing on the part
of right, we're surprised to see a sudden departure from that stance by all what has been
happening ever since she took up this ministerial post.
Re: Has Dora Akunyili Lost Her Integrity? by Gbawe: 4:47pm On Sep 10, 2009
m-ployer:

@poster

You are stupid.  If I tell you my Igbo name, can you pronounce it?
Why blame an Igbo woman for not being able to pronounce a yourba name?

Here we go again. I am not Nigeria's information Minister for Christ sake !!! If I was I would employ the services of an Igbo person to teach me how to pronounce your name - especially if I will be using it in Public .

Furthermore your illogical and tribalistically biased excuse for Akunyili makes no sense because , by your reasoning, you suggest it is okay for Nigerians not to Know how to pronounce Obama because it is a Kenyan name despite how we have all heard it pronounced a million times !!!! Ridiculous !!! Which American , wether they are from Arkansas or Texas, will pronounce Obama as Abimu?

You are all just revealing your bigoted nature by saying an Igbo Information Minister should not be able to pronounce the name of one of Nigeria's greatest Icon. By your logic she should be Information Minister of Igboland instead of the Information Minister of Nigeria since she will make no effort to pronounce correctly names not from her region !!!

You guys should get real and stop seeing every issue from an angle of ethnicity.  Akunyili is messing up as a Nigerian . I am a Nigerian too and that permits me to speak against the misbehaviour of our leaders. Period.
Re: Has Dora Akunyili Lost Her Integrity? by Gbawe: 5:10pm On Sep 10, 2009
George_D:

get it right. nobody criticised her when she was at nafdac. the general opinion
then was that she was doing a great job. what we are saying is that going by what we
thought she represented at nafdac-a no nonsense woman always standing on the part
of right, we're surprised to see a sudden departure from that stance by all what has been
happening ever since she took up this ministerial post.

Precisely !!! We cannot declare a perpetual moratorium against the criticism of Akunyili because of her work at NAFDAC when , by her recent actions , she has shown she is no better than all those who have impeded our development.

It is obvious we deserve the misrule being perpetrated against us because not one of Akunyili's apologists has tackled the issue of her open and undisguised endorsement of election rigging.

For how badly Yar Adua has led Nigeria there will still be many Northerners willing to defend him to the grave because he is their 'brother'. Nigeria has no future if we are all only able to see it with ethnic goggles.
Re: Has Dora Akunyili Lost Her Integrity? by kunlenki(m): 5:35pm On Sep 10, 2009
Dora has actually failed her family and Nigerians. Her integrity is now questionable. Though she did well in NAFDAC but she has contracted the syndrom that is bedevling Nigeria politicians. All her show down are messy and she should be lampooned to see if she could turn a new leaf but if she remains adamant i am sure she will be in the bad record of Nigerians.Let us give her chance and wait and see if she will be remorseful of her actions before we castigate her. I still remain her fan
Re: Has Dora Akunyili Lost Her Integrity? by akbaba1: 6:08pm On Sep 10, 2009
Really she has failed her family and Nigerians. As her fan,i am perturb about her insecerity and her condescending to the level of a goon and puppet in the hands of the PDP cohorts. I suppose she is a technocrat who is suppose to be impartial but she has contracted the syndrom bedevling nigeria politicians whose conscence and integrity have been thrown into the lagoon such that injustice has become their venture. Well i will say that Dora should be given second chance to turn a new leaf and if she remains adamant we will have to jettison and decant her like a piece of broken glass
Re: Has Dora Akunyili Lost Her Integrity? by oge4real(f): 6:42pm On Sep 10, 2009
From the day she took that appointment, I have quietly been waiting for a day like ds when her intergrity will be put to question. I think he should take the high road like Ngozi Iweala did, maybe she will be able to salvage the "remains" of her reputation.
Re: Has Dora Akunyili Lost Her Integrity? by lawrence83: 7:08pm On Sep 10, 2009
Dora? i used to tell my pals back then that the woman was acting a script, and definitely was a phoney.

my cynical thoughts were clarified when she took up the post of minister of information. i asked? what correlation does health has with information collation and

dissemination? nothing i guess.

to answer your question, she never had one.she was just acting so has to creep into ur hearts and then explode.

madam rebranding! good strategy. its paid off for u at the end.enjoy it while its last cos the end is not far angry angry angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Biafran Protester Killed Just Now --- Graphic Photos / These Are The "10" US Based Nigerians "Donald Trump" Can "Never" Deport (Photos) / Building Young Aspirants For Political Candidacy, Epl Summit Unveils Strategies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.