Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,381 members, 7,819,389 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:24 PM

This Girl Has No Face But Is Capable Of Love (photos) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / This Girl Has No Face But Is Capable Of Love (photos) (1817 Views)

This Girl Is Missing / Missing Girl In Kaduna : Pls Have You Seen This Girl? / Help! This Girl Wants To Destroy Our Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Girl Has No Face But Is Capable Of Love (photos) by DifferentBoy1(m): 12:40pm On Jul 07, 2016
[/b]How is this girl different? She has no face[b]

This Indian girl named Khadija was born with a unique problem – she has no face

Now the girl has turned 21 years of age. The young woman has no friends and social connections outside her family. She has to learn to cope with the condition and survival all at the same time.

Her full name is Khadija Khatoon Khadija, and she comes from a city in the East of India called Kolkata. She was born with this rare condition having no face. She has a small opening on the left side of her head, and it works as her mouth.

Doctors do not have a clear idea of why the child was born like that. They suppose the disease can be caused by neurofibromatosis. People with this condition grow large size tumors on their nerves. This extra skin on the girl’s face keeps on growing uncontrollably.
Here is what her mother says:

“She was born at home, but she did not open her eyes. She was born with thick heavy eyelids, and she looked different from my other kids at birth. But we did not think anything of it until we realized she could no longer open her eyes properly.”

The girl is mortified by the possibility of doing surgery, so she got reconciled with her disability and lived on with it. Here is what she says:

“I do no have any real friends, but I have my family. My family is my only friend, and I love them dearly. My parents are my world. I don’t talk to strangers. This is who I am, and this is the life I live, and I fill my days sitting and thinking, talking to my mother about life and going for walks nearby home. I like drinking tea. I am a happy person.”

Source : https://www.naij.com/883426-meet-girl-india-no-face.html

Pictures below :

Re: This Girl Has No Face But Is Capable Of Love (photos) by amtaken(f): 12:43pm On Jul 07, 2016
Lord have mercy!
Re: This Girl Has No Face But Is Capable Of Love (photos) by quivah(f): 12:48pm On Jul 07, 2016
wow! this is so sad and unfortunate..
as hard as it may be, euthanasia is a valid option when she was still a kid..and even very much valid now.
Menh this is very sad..

1 Like

Re: This Girl Has No Face But Is Capable Of Love (photos) by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jul 07, 2016
Very sad
quivah:
wow! this is so sad and unfortunate..
as hard as it may be, euthanasia is a valid option when she was still a kid..and even very much valid now.
Menh this is very sad..
Re: This Girl Has No Face But Is Capable Of Love (photos) by njiasi30(f): 3:49pm On Jul 07, 2016
OMG!!! Ve seen Di's b4, am just speechless. Op, abeg put graphic.... cry
Re: This Girl Has No Face But Is Capable Of Love (photos) by fortuneobi(m): 12:30am On Jul 08, 2016
I feel these indians are cursed.....d moment I read the topic even without opening the thread,I knew it's gonna be in india.....curse Nation.

If dem come naija,dem go dae form jagaban
Re: This Girl Has No Face But Is Capable Of Love (photos) by MEGGATRON(m): 6:20am On Jul 08, 2016
embarassed
Re: This Girl Has No Face But Is Capable Of Love (photos) by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jul 08, 2016
It's very touching

(1) (Reply)

Should she forgive him after doing 'this' to her? / Should I Make This My Business / Is Foreign Child Adoption Possible For Africans?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.