Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,659 members, 7,820,313 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:57 PM

All About The Au Natural! - Fashion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / All About The Au Natural! (15690 Views)

Are You In Search For A Wholesaler Of Sublimation Leggings In USA, UK, AU? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All About The Au Natural! by Nobody: 10:01pm On Sep 29, 2009
hehe

its gamine fault

i wont be surprised if she brings up sumfin abt the benefits of pineapple spritz
Re: All About The Au Natural! by Gamine(f): 10:25pm On Sep 29, 2009
@Salsera embarassed embarassed cry cry cry cry cry tongue

eeeeeeeeh

ofcos there is a benefit to the pineapple! grin
It contains Bromelain, which is great for the hair
it enhances growth and helps in dandruff treatment!!
Re: All About The Au Natural! by africhika(f): 11:35pm On Sep 29, 2009
grin grin grin grin

hey salsera, you don't have to cut off sisterlocks. i know a couple of ladies who removed it with no problem. they just conditioned it like 6 days straight.
Re: All About The Au Natural! by Nobody: 10:46pm On Sep 30, 2009
@africhika
6 days!! 'faints'

@gamine

no be ur fault lol

i'm still tryin to get the vinegar rinse jare. what does it do and do you use
Its the same vinegar we typically use in the kitchen right?
Re: All About The Au Natural! by africhika(f): 1:06am On Oct 01, 2009
vinegar makes ur hair super shiny and cleans dandruff. i sometime mix it in with my shampoo if i feel my scalp is dry or flaky.
Re: All About The Au Natural! by Gamine(f): 2:01am On Oct 01, 2009
Exactly!
@salsera lol! Ur fainting for 6 days
its the same vinegar, i used to drink the thing when i was small sef
Re: All About The Au Natural! by africhika(f): 10:49pm On Oct 01, 2009
yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! finally after years of tiny bumps invading my once beautifully clear, bright face, it's all gone. thanks to jojoba oil and african black soap
c-e-l-e-b-r-a-t-e. so, i finally realized shea butter clogs my pores.
Re: All About The Au Natural! by africhika(f): 10:55pm On Oct 01, 2009
my au natural skin regime:
african black soap
jojoba oil

Re: All About The Au Natural! by Gamine(f): 5:44pm On Oct 02, 2009
hmmm! wink

gonna try it out
Re: All About The Au Natural! by throttler(f): 11:31am On Oct 06, 2009
me n my hair need a memoir someday cry. since 2004 when i relocated to jos, nigeria, my hair literally died. i have chopped it every year or rather it chops itself off, combined with 3 childbirths, and contraceptives. i am trying to choose a new contraceptive with less effects now, hey! i need contraceptives cos [s]i jump huby like there is no tomorrow, and will have a football team if i dont take contras[/s], i need to! tongue

anyway, i foolishly put a perm in my 1.2yr natural hair, thinking it will help stop the shedding, i get with natural hair. i have started using emami amla oil, and its helping, but i miss my natural hair cry, i will make a decision to transition again

i guess trudging longhaircareforum wasnt enough to sustain my will, but i learnt a lot about hair in that forum.

i do the apple cider vinegar thingy for weight loss, though i am not consistent, the tangy taste helps keep me away from biiiiggggggg foood grin.
Re: All About The Au Natural! by Gamine(f): 5:12pm On Oct 06, 2009
Apple vinegar for weight loss??!

Ok, question to the house

whats your natural regime if in colder regions/months
Re: All About The Au Natural! by africhika(f): 10:28pm On Oct 06, 2009
natural regime for colder months? like skincare?

apple cider vinegar is GREATTTTTTTTTTT for weight loss.
i ain't tryna lose weight (my family would kill me if i tried) but, i use it to keep my insides clean.
losing weight is all about cleaning those fat-clogged tubes cool
Re: All About The Au Natural! by africhika(f): 10:30pm On Oct 06, 2009
quote from throttler:

« #105 on: Today at 05:31:57 AM »

me n my hair need a memoir someday Cry. since 2004 when i relocated to jos, nigeria, my hair literally died. i have chopped it every year or rather it chops itself off, combined with 3 childbirths, and contraceptives. i am trying to choose a new contraceptive with less effects now, hey! i need contraceptives cos i jump huby like there is no tomorrow, and will have a football team if i dont take contras, i need to! Tongue

anyway, i foolishly put a perm in my 1.2yr natural hair, thinking it will help stop the shedding, i get with natural hair. i have started using emami amla oil, and its helping, but i miss my natural hair Cry, i will make a decision to transition again

i guess trudging longhaircareforum wasnt enough to sustain my will, but i learnt a lot about hair in that forum.

i do the apple cider vinegar thingy for weight loss, though i am not consistent, the tangy taste helps keep me away from biiiiggggggg foood Grin.

so ur concern is hair loss, right?
maybe the chemical relaxer ur using is too strong or maybe ur keeping it in too long.
Re: All About The Au Natural! by omonija1(f): 12:53am On Oct 07, 2009
ACV for weight loss?? ok, never heard of that. How does it work?

and BTW, I stopped using the tea tree oil. it's giving me bumps on my cheeks, I'm even tired of my face. I think its time to see a dermatologist. All these natural regimen ain't doing me any good.
Re: All About The Au Natural! by bluespice(f): 2:32am On Oct 07, 2009
omonaija here u go
im going to tescos tomao! embarassed cheesy
http://www.safeslimming.co.uk/AppleCiderVinegarAndWeightLoss.html
Re: All About The Au Natural! by africhika(f): 3:30pm On Oct 07, 2009
omonaija1, what are ur problems? redness, large pimples, small bumps, oily skin, dry skin?
i've also had problem skin. but what helps is sticking to a regime for a long time. if u keep changing products,
ur skin can never relax. u just started the tea tree a few weeks ago. maybe u need time?

derms is good, but cost $$$
Re: All About The Au Natural! by africhika(f): 3:32pm On Oct 07, 2009
ACV for weight loss-
drink  ACV a few days a wk. but drink only 1 tsp. anything more will damage your insides. ACV is strong.
it's like drinking bleach. it wipes out the crap.

i don't drink it for weight loss. i drink it for stomach ache. it also make my skin/hair shiny. and
and it keeps the white in your eye bright (if that matters)  cool
Re: All About The Au Natural! by iice(f): 3:36pm On Oct 07, 2009
I do the vinegar thing for sore throat undecided
Re: All About The Au Natural! by throttler(f): 4:13pm On Oct 07, 2009
[color=#770077][/color]
weightloss is just 1 of many purposes i use apple cider vinegar. i use it as a hair rinse with baking soda.

gamine,, i actualy use kids organics, but i think its a scalp problem, even after washing my hair, i still scratch fire out of my head grin,

this harmattan, i intend to use raw shea butter to keep the ashiness abay. i use castor oil for my hair conditioning under steam, and also for getting the kure-kure out of my stomach(laxative), when i am constipated, it works wonderfully both ways, i only have a problem with its tastelessness and smell-lessness lipsrsealed
i wish it were bitter or sweet, so i know when i am suffering tongue
Re: All About The Au Natural! by omonija1(f): 12:23am On Oct 08, 2009
africhika:

omonaija1, what are your problems? redness, large pimples, small bumps, oily skin, dry skin?
i've also had problem skin. but what helps is sticking to a regime for a long time. if u keep changing products,
your skin can never relax. u just started the tea tree a few weeks ago. maybe u need time?

derms is good, but cost $$$

I have comb skin, pimples, small bumps and those cyst kind. I use to expect those when it's almost the time of the month but now they just pop up anytime, it's so annoying. I'm guessing it hormonal bc I keep my face clean n use nothing else but witch hazel, Maybe it something I'm eating but I've been watching what I eat lately. I don't even know jare,

Yea it is but I need to make use of my insurance

I def gonna try the acv for cleansing
Re: All About The Au Natural! by africhika(f): 2:33am On Oct 08, 2009
^^ u can try water therapy too.
i did it for 1 wk and my skin was glowing.

u drink 10-12 cups (80-96 oz) of water a day! no less
right when u wake up, u drink 4 cups right away. this will flush
out the toxins ur body tried to get rid of while ur sleeping at night.

seriously, all my sis (who ALL have much better skin than i) thot i was wearing makeup
becuz my face was glowing. it was just water therapy. drinking it 1st thing in the morn. and
thru out the day.

and i like to add other good stuff in the water. lemon juice. or red pepper. ACV. turmeric. all
good 4 skin
Re: All About The Au Natural! by Nobody: 11:18pm On Oct 09, 2009
hannington sooooo needs to leave
Re: All About The Au Natural! by Radiant(f): 11:39pm On Oct 09, 2009
Food - Fruits and veggies, chicken breast, whole wheat bread, cereals. No oil. Eat cooked food with oil once in a while

Skin- very natural indeed. . no cream or lotion  cheesy I use Botanics body soap made from plant extracts  cheesy

Hair- Palmers Olive Oil Formula (Organic) shampoo and conditioner. It's permed tho' cause I'm not into all that "Afro" business  cheesy No weaves and waves too  grin

No fizzy drinks or even "juice" except natural juice. Loads and loads of water

Face- Botanics organic products like cleansers, facial scrubs and mask.
Re: All About The Au Natural! by africhika(f): 5:30pm On Oct 11, 2009
radiant,

your my kind of people cool
Re: All About The Au Natural! by oyinda3(f): 10:47pm On Oct 11, 2009
i'm not completely natural but i try to be. i always check the ingredients of the products i buy and try to get ones that have the most natural (recognizable) names. i love my skin too much for all these chemicals in products nowadays.

Radiant:

Skin- very natural indeed. . no cream or lotion  cheesy I use Botanics body soap made from plant extracts  cheesy

even in this dry weather? tongue
Re: All About The Au Natural! by Nobody: 5:50pm On Oct 12, 2009
Hair trivia

I just took out my braids what do u suggest I do next in terms of treatment.

e.g protein treatment, the vinegar rinse etcetera

@Gamine africhika oyinda
what do YOU do to ur natural hair when u take out ur braids.
Re: All About The Au Natural! by oyinda3(f): 12:03am On Oct 13, 2009
^wash and moisture deep condition
Re: All About The Au Natural! by Gamine(f): 12:36pm On Oct 13, 2009
^ Exactly,

My scalp is all itchy.now, and my braids havent been in long, i may take them down by the end of the month
I use Vinegar to keep the itch down a bit,

Also, im trying to get on back to my 'water therapy'
Its not easy hurling water bottles around, to be honest.
but i so so need it, my skin is drying out n stuff.

i tried to look for Botanics soap,. didnt see
so im making do with Palmers olive oil soap.

So far, my veg diet is regular, i take vegetables every single day
that helps out a lot.
Re: All About The Au Natural! by africhika(f): 5:41pm On Oct 13, 2009
^ i forced myself to do that water therapy. couldn't last for more long.
my body has never been able to handle too much water. it sucks becuz it made my skin glow.

taking braids out, yeah deep condition with one of those hair mayonnaise conditioners.
Re: All About The Au Natural! by Nobody: 6:37pm On Oct 13, 2009
would conditioning with hair mayonaise be the same as protein treatment - never tried protein treatment, just heard of it

@topic

Gamine how do you get to eat vegetables everyday.
what vegetables ?
Re: All About The Au Natural! by Gamine(f): 1:58pm On Oct 14, 2009
Vegetables >>>

Carrots, potatoes (sweet n irish), peas, beans, lettuce
gimger, leeks, onions, cucumber e.t.c
Re: All About The Au Natural! by iice(f): 2:36pm On Oct 14, 2009
Olive oil and egg for deep conditioning if you can stand the smell.
I do coconut oil or mayonnaise.

I try the water therapy but i'm not constant or dedicated. i prolly drink about a liter and a half a day.  Which is very small compared to some members of my family. 

Gamine, i just carry a one liter bottle around.  If it's finished, i just have it refilled.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Natural Mixtress--Natural Remedies And Solutions / Smart Collection Perfumes Available / Here Are The 8 Things That Defined You As A Fashionista In The 90s

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.