Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,649 members, 7,820,257 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:14 PM

All About The Au Natural! - Fashion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / All About The Au Natural! (15689 Views)

Are You In Search For A Wholesaler Of Sublimation Leggings In USA, UK, AU? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All About The Au Natural! by JoyP: 6:28am On Feb 18, 2010
May God bless you all.

I live in Nigeria near Lagos and I have sisterlocks, which I maintain myself.

I would like to start a natural hair meet-up group so that we can come together and share ideas and techniques.

Anyone interested, please?
Re: All About The Au Natural! by madlady(f): 8:03am On Feb 18, 2010
^^Yes Very.

I am in the UK but still have problems controlling my frizz.
I cane row it myself but do get it cut now and again.

Looking for ideas that really work  for dry scalp without making my hair too greasy.
Re: All About The Au Natural! by madlady(f): 8:45am On Feb 18, 2010
Oh I also mirco braid my Mothers hair, I have been told by my Nigerian Sister-in Law that it's called "secrets" . I would like to find out how she can avoid dry scalp, the sprays for braiding do not seem to help her.
smiley
Re: All About The Au Natural! by bluespice(f): 9:17pm On Feb 18, 2010
honey and water spray works for dry scalp

i found this site that gives DIY ideas for hair maintenance
quite low cost i must say

http://www.longlocks.com/hair-care-recipes-cookbook.htm
Re: All About The Au Natural! by madlady(f): 10:10pm On Feb 18, 2010
^^Would that be before you rinse or do you leave in undecided
Re: All About The Au Natural! by africhika(f): 3:47pm On Feb 20, 2010
Joy P on: February 17, 2010, 11:28 PM:
May God bless you all.
I live in Nigeria near Lagos and I have sisterlocks, which I maintain myself.

i have slocks too!
u have a photo?
Re: All About The Au Natural! by JoyP: 4:55pm On Feb 20, 2010
I will post one this week.

Do you have any photos? Are you in Nigeria right now?

Can you connect me with some naturals here?

It is well with your soul.
Re: All About The Au Natural! by goldilocks(f): 9:17am On Mar 19, 2010
cantu shear butter for detangling, braiding damaged hair. am transitioning now and this stuff is miracle and good for my hair
Re: All About The Au Natural! by Gamine(f): 12:14am On Sep 08, 2010
Wow what happened to everyone. shocked
I do feel lost on this land now

Anyways I'm chopping off all my hair. I feel I need to start from the roots.
Re: All About The Au Natural! by oyinda3(f): 1:07am On Sep 08, 2010
why are you chopping it all off  shocked

i guess being natural is not something novel for me anymore. it's just like having 10 toes and a pair of lips. something i don't take notice of much to post on NL about it.
but now that you've brought it to my attention.  tongue I'm here. you shall not feel lost anymore.
so why are u cutting ur hair? what happened?
Re: All About The Au Natural! by Gamine(f): 1:40am On Sep 08, 2010
Lol.

Well, Posting could help others you know.

Anyways, I have always felt this way since I transitioned.
plus my hair growth is uneven. I have like 10ins now at the top of my head
and still have like 5in on the left side at the back.

I don't see how its gonna match up if i don't cut it.
and yeah, being natural is so natural now grin
Re: All About The Au Natural! by SAGoddess: 8:56am On Sep 08, 2010
Love this thread, I see you are talking about natural stuff, I am particularly interested in natural hair. . . .will read thread properly later!

Nice one ladies!
Re: All About The Au Natural! by naijadiva2(f): 4:29pm On Sep 08, 2010
I finished reading through the post and i am impressed. I too am natural. Transitioned from july 08-july09, chopped and now its been over a year since being fully natural and I am loving it. And i do not plan on going back to relaxers, ever!! We should def keep this thread going.

Also for those who are interested in going natural or general hair care, check out longhaircareforum.com, naturally curly, curly nikki (its hair blog), and Youtube. Youtube is the best. you'll find everything from styling hair to product review.
Re: All About The Au Natural! by Gamine(f): 4:43pm On Sep 08, 2010
Don't forget BlackGirlLongHair (bglh.com) and the sister site too! smiley
Re: All About The Au Natural! by naijadiva2(f): 4:46pm On Sep 08, 2010
^^^ i almost forget, there's just so many. But i believe its bglhonline.com but im sure with google they could find it and what's its sister site?
Re: All About The Au Natural! by Gamine(f): 4:55pm On Sep 08, 2010
oh yeh yeh, bglhonline.com

i just put Bglh on my system and it comes out.

http://blackloveposter.tumblr.com/ is the sister site, It just tugs at my heart embarassed
Re: All About The Au Natural! by naijadiva2(f): 5:01pm On Sep 08, 2010
ok cool. thanks. i've never heard of it. I'll check it out after work
Re: All About The Au Natural! by jovi: 8:36pm On Sep 08, 2010
@joyp, count me in!!!!, Tired of relaxing!!!, my hair though is still at the stage where it's short so can only do braids now,

I need ideas, thats where a meet-up will be perfect!!
We could plan for a place when we have a good number of people,
Re: All About The Au Natural! by InkedNerd(f): 6:40am On Sep 09, 2010
Omg, a natural hair thread shocked. This is wonderful. I'm about to do my second BC in a couple of days. I'm so excited. Can't wait to BC again. Are there any natural haired women in this thread who are in New York?
Re: All About The Au Natural! by Gamine(f): 10:58am On Sep 09, 2010
Why are you doing a second BC, I'm excited going for my first! grin
Re: All About The Au Natural! by InkedNerd(f): 11:25am On Sep 09, 2010
Gamine:

Why are you doing a second BC, I'm excited going for my first! grin

Well, over the past couple of months I haven't exactly been nice to my hair. While I was in London last year, I decided to cut my hair but my family freaked out and talked me out of it [lol] so because of them nearly having a heart attack, I postponed it. Now, I'm ready to do it again. Its grown quite a bit over the past couple of months and I want some change. Your gonna love it when you do the BC, trust me wink.
Re: All About The Au Natural! by africhika(f): 3:03am On May 23, 2011
it's time to revive this thread. :

Re: All About The Au Natural! by Nobody: 5:02am On Jun 18, 2011
Hair related; How do i get a short black fro?

short black fro, i hope that's the name? short dread locks like hair like what okocha is sporting bellow.
i've grown my hair but i'm tired of just combing it and keeping it in a bop. i want it to have some attitude/swag.
what do i need to do, hair cream, conditioner etc. Please guys that keep dreads/braids do offer me a tip or two or point me in the right direction for online tips.
Peace!

Re: All About The Au Natural! by james85: 11:48am On Jun 22, 2011
Curly hair with white faces,That is so natural.

jewish models
Re: All About The Au Natural! by sadiyalucky: 5:12pm On Mar 03, 2013
did you do your sisterlocks in nigeria?if yes,where and how much was it for installment. smiley. if no,do you know anywhere in nigeria especially lagos that installs sisterlocks
Re: All About The Au Natural! by flakkylegend(f): 5:56pm On Oct 02, 2013
I have been using shea butter for my body for almost 3 years now and I have seen a remarkable change in my skin. I have a very oily face so i dont use it for my face. recently i tried the banana mask it really helped my face dat after using just 3 times i had to stop cos my face was getting too dry once in 2wks shd be okay. I mix my shea butter wt pears baby oil and it gives it a very nice smell smtimes i add sm other oils like olive oil I also add a tube of Funbact A cream and dats it. very economical I tried to take a cup of fresh juice everyday dat might not be possible in naija but here you can get fresh juice frm street vendors at abt N50 so its easy. I also try as much as possible to detox my system by going all fruit for a day or 2. It really helps less sugar also 1kg of sugar lasts me up to 3months or more.
Re: All About The Au Natural! by biafranqueen: 3:04am On Oct 03, 2013
Gamine: yay i love to see this!

i dont wanna do locks, but maybe i should. .hm m m
Check these out
Re: All About The Au Natural! by Nobody: 2:00pm On Oct 04, 2013
Hello.Yippee!I'm so excited about this thread.I just decided to go natural with my hair about 3months ago.I now use natural products and I've stopped using relaxers on my hair. I'm still trying to figure out where I can buy a good conditioner for my hair and what type I can buy.Does any one have suggestions?
Re: All About The Au Natural! by NappilyNigerian(f): 2:29pm On Oct 08, 2013
berra: Hello.Yippee!I'm so excited about this thread.I just decided to go natural with my hair about 3months ago.I now use natural products and I've stopped using relaxers on my hair. I'm still trying to figure out where I can buy a good conditioner for my hair and what type I can buy.Does any one have suggestions?

I'm a long term natural and good conditioners for natural hair that you can easily purchase in dept stores in Nigeria are
- Herbal Essence Totally twisted
- VO5 conditioners. I'm in with the Strawberry and cream variant
- Organics Root Stimulator Olive Oil replenishing conditioners
- Tresemme Naturals Conditioner

Hope this helps.

www.nappilynigeriangirl..com
Re: All About The Au Natural! by MzBlaque: 10:26pm On Nov 25, 2013
Hello everyone. I just stumbled on this thread while looking for where to get sisterlocks installed in Lagos. I transitioned a bit last year before my BC in November. I thought after a year I would show off beautiful hair. Imagine my disappointment sad.
So I've decided to lock (SL, to be precise) my hair to avoid further harm.

Does anyone know where I can do that?
Re: All About The Au Natural! by maureenkell: 1:17pm On Nov 26, 2013
Pls im fair in color will sheabutter be nice to me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Natural Mixtress--Natural Remedies And Solutions / Smart Collection Perfumes Available / Here Are The 8 Things That Defined You As A Fashionista In The 90s

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.