Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,852 members, 7,828,080 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:45 PM

This Long Distance Is Killing Me - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / This Long Distance Is Killing Me (1837 Views)

Overly Tall Guys How Do U Cope With Self Esteem Cuz Mine Is Killing Me!! / The Smell Of My Cousin's Private Part Is Killing Me - Lady Raises Alarm / 120-Year-Old Hindu Virgin Who Claims He’s Lived This Long Because Of Lack Of Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Long Distance Is Killing Me by BrezyBaby(f): 11:10pm On Jul 07, 2016
Anyone that has been involved in a long distance relationship can relate to how difficult and emotional it can be.. Especially when you are just starting to know each other.

My boyfriend and I have been together for 3 years and 8 months now. We first met when he came to visit a mutual friend of ours in the US. We fell in love and decided we wanted to give things a shot. He lives in Nigeria, I live in the US. He's Nigerian and I am Kenyan... Worlds apart.

He works as an engineer so it can be difficult to get time off from work so he often pays for me to come see him in Nigeria. Things were fine at first and I have met his family, friends and loved one.. Minus his parents.

3 plus years down the line.. All we do is argue, fuss and fight. It's almost as if we hate each other and the love is dwindling by the day. I made the mistake of snooping on his phone the last time he came to see me in Atlanta and saw some incredibly discouraging messages he exchanged with a woman... Things have not been the same since then.

We now lack communication and I'm left feeling lonely and confused.. But anytime I ask him, he tells me nothing has changed and he still loves me the same.... Where are we going wrong?

Please house.. What do I do? Do I move on or continue with this man? Please not that my parents know about him.. And his immediate family and friends know of me, even though I'm yet to meet his family.

We have both agreed that I will move to Nigeria when or if we get married and raise the kids in the US when they are older so I at least know that he plans his future with me In mind.

I'm sorry for the long story but I need advice!
Re: This Long Distance Is Killing Me by obiorathesubtle: 11:15pm On Jul 07, 2016
grin wait.. Lemme call my Bro..

STUPIDGOAT! Ogbeni come help this girl abeg.. cheesy
Re: This Long Distance Is Killing Me by StupidGoat(m): 11:18pm On Jul 07, 2016
obiorathesubtle:

angry No dy shawt my name lyk dat! angry

Madam! Don't b a stupid goat angry can see you have to move on? Smh.. People just dy behave lyk goatangry

1 Like

Re: This Long Distance Is Killing Me by jhasper(m): 11:21pm On Jul 07, 2016
keke no dae ur area
Re: This Long Distance Is Killing Me by Nobody: 11:22pm On Jul 07, 2016
this story is longing, i can finish reading now. making it will encouraging us to reading.
Re: This Long Distance Is Killing Me by obiorathesubtle: 11:24pm On Jul 07, 2016
StupidGoat:
angry No dy shawt my name lyk dat! angry

Madam! Don't b a stupid goat angry can see you have to move on? Smh.. People just dy behave lyk goatangry
grin Sorry Mr Goat.
Re: This Long Distance Is Killing Me by Lordbammy(m): 11:25pm On Jul 07, 2016
obiorathesubtle:

lollllssssss....bro u funny ooo... i tink say u dey yab am oo..neva knew it was someone's moniker cheesy (STUPIDGO.AT)

#ROTFL

1 Like

Re: This Long Distance Is Killing Me by mercichoco(f): 11:27pm On Jul 07, 2016
A Naija guy u said, sorry o
Re: This Long Distance Is Killing Me by seunny4lif(m): 11:29pm On Jul 07, 2016
grin grin
Solution is simple grin grin grin grin
Pack come Nigeria cool cool cool
Re: This Long Distance Is Killing Me by Denuga002(m): 11:29pm On Jul 07, 2016
I can relate with your predicament sis... Truth be told long distance relationship hardly work these days.... Except you REALLY trust each other.... I'm also in one though
Re: This Long Distance Is Killing Me by donmula: 11:29pm On Jul 07, 2016
You women will never learn. Always snitching on a man's phone and wrecking the relationship with unfriendly contents that you're bound to see. A man will always cheat and not when you're distance apart. You didn't expect him not to quench conji abi?

Look, you women should never snoop on a man's phone except you're ready to let go of the relationship. Men generally can't stick to one woman, the earlier you accept it the better for you 'pokenosers'.
Re: This Long Distance Is Killing Me by Nobody: 11:30pm On Jul 07, 2016
We have derailing this thread. i pray it doesn't reach FP cos if it does, i will be banned again sad.
Re: This Long Distance Is Killing Me by Cutehector(m): 11:31pm On Jul 07, 2016
If he can act this way befor u two are married, den how much more worse he will act on issues when u both get married, dats if it eventually happens.

Now dats that

P.s : I like the way ladies at ur age feel lonely in times like this. I can tell if u were much younger, u wouldn't even give a hoot if he stops communicating, u would probably hook up with the next dude sharpaly.

1 Like

Re: This Long Distance Is Killing Me by obiorathesubtle: 11:33pm On Jul 07, 2016
Lordbammy:

lollllssssss....bro u funny ooo... i tink say u dey yab am oo..neva knew it was someone's moniker cheesy (STUPIDGO.AT)

#ROTFL
grin Bro.. The guy moniker juss taya me...

1 Like

Re: This Long Distance Is Killing Me by imohrol(m): 11:37pm On Jul 07, 2016
hello dear, at time like diz u need to b wise. my advice is make finding wat his up to through his friends or family members u kno. yr is not waiting for u remember. gudluck.
Re: This Long Distance Is Killing Me by mhisbliss(f): 11:37pm On Jul 07, 2016
BrezyBaby:
Anyone that has been involved in a long distance relationship can relate to how difficult and emotional it can be.. Especially when you are just starting to know each other.

My boyfriend and I have been together for 3 years and 8 months now. We first met when he came to visit a mutual friend of ours in the US. We fell in love and decided we wanted to give things a shot. He lives in Nigeria, I live in the US. He's Nigerian and I am Kenyan... Worlds apart.

He works as an engineer so it can be difficult to get time off from work so he often pays for me to come see him in Nigeria. Things were fine at first and I have met his family, friends and loved one.. Minus his parents.

3 plus years down the line.. All we do is argue, fuss and fight. It's almost as if we hate each other and the love is dwindling by the day. I made the mistake of snooping on his phone the last time he came to see me in Atlanta and saw some incredibly discouraging messages he exchanged with a woman... Things have not been the same since then.

We now lack communication and I'm left feeling lonely and confused.. But anytime I ask him, he tells me nothing has changed and he still loves me the same.... Where are we going wrong?

Please house.. What do I do? Do I move on or continue with this man? Please not that my parents know about him.. And his immediate family and friends know of me, even though I'm yet to meet his family.

We have both agreed that I will move to Nigeria when or if we get married and raise the kids in the US when they are older so I at least know that he plans his future with me In mind.

I'm sorry for the long story but I need advice!
you both need closure so as to reach a consensus on the way forward otherwise you're in for a long ride, he's gonna keep you in a loop until something better comes along or he gets fed up, the long distance and the fact that you're not with him will make his feelings for you die gradually its only a matter of time.
Re: This Long Distance Is Killing Me by Greatzeus(m): 11:51pm On Jul 07, 2016
Romance section and cooked up stories are like Chinese and tea

2 Likes

Re: This Long Distance Is Killing Me by nuggarito: 11:56pm On Jul 07, 2016
What a waste of time
Re: This Long Distance Is Killing Me by larabae13(f): 12:40am On Jul 08, 2016
Hmmn...itz beta u come to nigeria nd look for ways to patch tinx up with ur guy dat is if u syill av feelings for him...or u can jst forget abt him.. undecided
Re: This Long Distance Is Killing Me by ogorwyne(f): 12:42am On Jul 08, 2016
obiorathesubtle:

Brotherly!!! Kai.

1 Like

Re: This Long Distance Is Killing Me by barackodam: 1:46am On Jul 08, 2016
The truth of the matter is, if you say he claims nothing has changed.......it's very possible. LDR isn't easy, we both know this. The only thing you rely on is trust. Now, snooping on his phone trying to cement your trust has shambled your trust unfortunately.

Guys would be guys. USA - 9JA Haba, even just Edo - Kaduna, guys be knacking without care.

It's not that he doesn't love you, he just want to quench his desire. An average lady can easily abstain from sex, but the average guy wouldn't. So it means he has future plans for you, but while you're away, he's playing friendly matches. Speaking from experience.

The only thing I can't put up is the fact that you always quarrel. That doesn't fit into my theory yet.......

Keep hoping one of those his flings wounldnt steal him from you
Re: This Long Distance Is Killing Me by Julietcutie(f): 4:03am On Jul 08, 2016
op I don't know what to tell you honestly although have been in a LDR before.... but r u sure he ain't cheating this one u guys lack communication and d whole excitement? am just guessing

mods come push dis to Fp so she can get mature response
Re: This Long Distance Is Killing Me by Nobody: 4:50am On Jul 08, 2016
donmula:
You women will never learn. Always snitching on a man's phone and wrecking the relationship with unfriendly contents that you're bound to see. A man will always cheat and not when you're distance apart. You didn't expect him not to quench conji abi?

Look, you women should never snoop on a man's phone except you're ready to let go of the relationship. Men generally can't stick to one woman, the earlier you accept it the better for you 'pokenosers'.

Re: This Long Distance Is Killing Me by Nobody: 4:52am On Jul 08, 2016
barackodam:
The truth of the matter is, if you say he claims nothing has changed.......it's very possible. LDR isn't easy, we both know this. The only thing you rely on is trust. Now, snooping on his phone trying to cement your trust has shambled your trust unfortunately.

Guys would be guys. USA - 9JA Haba, even just Edo - Kaduna, guys be knacking without care.

It's not that he doesn't love you, he just want to quench his desire. An average lady can easily abstain from sex, but the average guy wouldn't. So it means he has future plans for you, but while you're away, he's playing friendly matches. Speaking from experience.

The only thing I can't put up is the fact that you always quarrel. That doesn't fit into my theory yet.......

Keep hoping one of those his flings wounldnt steal him from you

U nailed it..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Long Distance Is Killing Me by SMARTKOSSY: 5:42am On Jul 08, 2016
Eyah kpele
Re: This Long Distance Is Killing Me by Nobody: 5:45am On Jul 08, 2016
Cutehector:
If he can act this way befor u two are married, den how much more worse he will act on issues when u both get married, dats if it eventually happens.

Now dats that

P.s : I like the way ladies at ur age feel lonely in times like this. I can tell if u were much younger, u wouldn't even give a hoot if he stops communicating, u would probably hook up with the next dude sharpaly.

Abi oh !
Re: This Long Distance Is Killing Me by Nobody: 7:53am On Jul 08, 2016
This long distance is killing me--Brandy.
Re: This Long Distance Is Killing Me by bitchcrafts: 7:59am On Jul 08, 2016
obiorathesubtle:

Wey u find this stupidgoat . the guy Na classically funny ediot personified. I like him it! (No homo) grin Na buy I wan buy am wink . How much?
Re: This Long Distance Is Killing Me by obiorathesubtle: 8:24am On Jul 08, 2016
bitchcrafts:
Wey u find this stupidgoat . the guy Na classically funny ediot personified. I like him it! (No homo) grin Na buy I wan buy am wink . How much?
grin If the guy catch you.. My hand no dy ooo...
Re: This Long Distance Is Killing Me by bitchcrafts: 8:32am On Jul 08, 2016
obiorathesubtle:
grin If the guy catch you.. My hand no dy ooo...
You dey fear goat? No fall my hand nah... abi hin horn reach cow own ni!? For that, I go prostrate grin
Re: This Long Distance Is Killing Me by joceey(m): 8:36am On Jul 08, 2016
mercichoco:
A Naija guy u said, sorry o

Weytin happen to the naija guy grin
Re: This Long Distance Is Killing Me by obiorathesubtle: 8:38am On Jul 08, 2016
bitchcrafts:
You dey fear goat? No fall my hand nah... abi hin horn reach cow own ni!? For that, I go prostrate grin
grin I no ready for the guy madness abeg.. I still dy ground since I dobale for the guy o.. Na ground I from dy type this thing so..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nose Ring(guys Get In). ...(pic) / The 7 Weirdest Things That Turn Women On According Science / The Day You Hear This From Him, Kindly Quit The Relationship! - Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.