Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,197 members, 7,829,288 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:06 AM

Churches In China Forced To Surrender Tithes And Offerings To Government - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Churches In China Forced To Surrender Tithes And Offerings To Government (1563 Views)

Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) / Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" / Givers Embassy: Abuja Church Where Tithes And Offerings Are Not Allowed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Churches In China Forced To Surrender Tithes And Offerings To Government by turboG: 6:50am On Jul 08, 2016
Churches in China Forced to Surrender Tithes and Offerings to Government

Some churches in China are being forced to hand over their tithes and offerings to government authorities as China continues cracking down on Christianity.

According to Chinaaid.org., the government in China’s province of Zheijiang has enacted a new law which forces churches to surrender all their tithes and offerings to authorities.

“The government officials will interfere with church affairs, managing our donations and some large-scale projects. We have to obtain their (the government’s) permission if we would like to buy equipment or decorate the church. We will have to ask for permission for any expenses more than a few thousand yuan,” a source told China Aid.

China has been increasing its persecution of Christians and crackdown against Christianity in the last few years.

In 2014, China’s president Xi Jinping began a “Beautification” campaign called the “Three Rectifications and One Demolition” campaign. Authorities have used this campaign as an excuse to demolish hundreds of churches and crosses. A number of Christians pastors and human rights lawyers have also been arrested for refusing to comply with the authorities’ demands.

Chinaaid.org notes that this year’s annual report by the U.S. Commission on International Religious Freedom ranked China among the “countries of particular concern” where “the governments either engaged in or tolerated ‘particularly severe’ violations of religious freedom.”

http://www.divdel.com/blogs/2016/07/churches-in-china-forced-to-surrender-tithes-and-offerings-to-government/

2 Likes

Re: Churches In China Forced To Surrender Tithes And Offerings To Government by Mememan: 6:51am On Jul 08, 2016
Nonsense!
Isit der money undecided
Re: Churches In China Forced To Surrender Tithes And Offerings To Government by Arthurwinner(m): 6:52am On Jul 08, 2016
let them ask pharaoh of egypt

1 Like

Re: Churches In China Forced To Surrender Tithes And Offerings To Government by Tolexander: 6:57am On Jul 08, 2016
That is very good!

Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God [granted by His permission and sanction], and those which exist have been put in place by God. Roman 13:1 (AMP)
Since all governing authority is granted by His permission and sanction and Offerings and Tithes belong to God. Logically Offerings and Tithes are meant to be given to the governing authority, Government!
Re: Churches In China Forced To Surrender Tithes And Offerings To Government by Tolexander: 6:57am On Jul 08, 2016
Arthurwinner:
wetin do Pharaoh of Egypt?
Re: Churches In China Forced To Surrender Tithes And Offerings To Government by chachanga: 7:01am On Jul 08, 2016
Very soon, they will collect from agencies and NGO's, abi, merciless sadists!
Re: Churches In China Forced To Surrender Tithes And Offerings To Government by divinehand2003(m): 7:03am On Jul 08, 2016
Unimaginable things happening to the church in Arabic, Asain and Indian countries.
Re: Churches In China Forced To Surrender Tithes And Offerings To Government by CAPSLOCKED: 7:09am On Jul 08, 2016

LET THEM BRING THIS SYSTEM DOWN TO NIGERIA, SOME NIGERIAN CHURCHES ARE RICHER THAN NIGERIA AS A COUNTRY!
angry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Churches In China Forced To Surrender Tithes And Offerings To Government by Montaque(m): 7:21am On Jul 08, 2016
For those saying they should be subject to govt authorities, when they submit their tithes and donations to the chinese govt, what will remain in the coffers of the church for whom the tithe was meant for?
Let's not judge this based on how we view nigerian pastors n churches. This is outright persecution.

1 Like

Re: Churches In China Forced To Surrender Tithes And Offerings To Government by rottennaija(m): 7:26am On Jul 08, 2016
If you ask me, it's good. Churches that actually asked their members to pay tax but they themselves do not pay tax, but will choose to fight in the court not to pay tax.

Did Jesus not pay tax?

1 Like

Re: Churches In China Forced To Surrender Tithes And Offerings To Government by Nobody: 7:26am On Jul 08, 2016
This is another victory for non believers - i hope this feat can be replicated by nigerian government

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Churches In China Forced To Surrender Tithes And Offerings To Government by excellencyabia1: 7:33am On Jul 08, 2016
Why christians everywhere? I hope the so called christians are ready because rapture is at hand.
Re: Churches In China Forced To Surrender Tithes And Offerings To Government by mayorkyzo: 7:43am On Jul 08, 2016
This is a really testing time for churches from persecution in Iraq to Iran and other places cry...God help your children...
Re: Churches In China Forced To Surrender Tithes And Offerings To Government by kevoh(m): 9:35am On Jul 08, 2016
Nice one, now as a pastorpreneur you have to seek permission with cogent reasons from the government before you are allowed to purchase unnecessary luxuries like a private jet. When will this be implemented in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Churches In China Forced To Surrender Tithes And Offerings To Government by otemanuduno: 9:39am On Jul 08, 2016
turboG:

Some churches in China are being forced to hand over their tithes and offerings to government authorities as China continues cracking down on Christianity.

According to Chinaaid.org., the government in China’s province of Zheijiang has enacted a new law which forces churches to surrender all their tithes and offerings to authorities.

“The government officials will interfere with church affairs, managing our donations and some large-scale projects. We have to obtain their (the government’s) permission if we would like to buy equipment or decorate the church. We will have to ask for permission for any expenses more than a few thousand yuan,” a source told China Aid.

China has been increasing its persecution of Christians and crackdown against Christianity in the last few years.

In 2014, China’s president Xi Jinping began a “Beautification” campaign called the “Three Rectifications and One Demolition” campaign. Authorities have used this campaign as an excuse to demolish hundreds of churches and crosses. A number of Christians pastors and human rights lawyers have also been arrested for refusing to comply with the authorities’ demands.

Chinaaid.org notes that this year’s annual report by the U.S. Commission on International Religious Freedom ranked China among the “countries of particular concern” where “the governments either engaged in or tolerated ‘particularly severe’ violations of religious freedom.”

http://www.divdel.com/blogs/2016/07/churches-in-china-forced-to-surrender-tithes-and-offerings-to-government/

I keep on saying IT, WHEN THE DOCTRINE OF USING THE BRAIN SHALL BEGIN, CHRISTIANITY, ISLAM AND ALL NOISE POLLUTING RELIGION SHALL BE SUPPRESSED AND MUAFRIKA2, GODDYS AND ALL RELIGOUS PEOPLE SHALL KNOW THAT THEIR RELIGION IS BASED ON A FALSE FOUNDATION.

I AM OTEM, THE REVEALER OF ALL MYSTERIES IN THE HIDDEN SCROLLS!!!

1 Like

Re: Churches In China Forced To Surrender Tithes And Offerings To Government by otemanuduno: 9:41am On Jul 08, 2016
BeastAmbition:
This is another victory for non believers - i hope this feat can be replicated by nigerian government
it shall be by the grace of NATURE. All religious gods have been conquered already and the world shall begin to use their brains instead of thinking from some books. Check out my prophesy about the near-extinction of churches in my country in the nearest future.

https://www.nairaland.com/3153956/prophecy-churches-turned-hospitals

1 Like

Re: Churches In China Forced To Surrender Tithes And Offerings To Government by Nobody: 9:47am On Jul 08, 2016
otemanuduno:

I keep on saying IT, WHEN THE DOCTRINE OF USING THE BRAIN SHALL BEGIN, CHRISTIANITY, ISLAM AND ALL NOISE POLLUTING RELIGION SHALL BE SUPPRESSED AND MUAFRIKA2, GODDYS AND ALL RELIGOUS PEOPLE SHALL KNOW THAT THEIR RELIGION IS BASED ON A FALSE FOUNDATION.

I AM OTEM, THE REVEALER OF ALL MYSTERIES IN THE HIDDEN SCROLLS!!!
THEY JUST WANT Offering? No problem.

Have you ever wondered why everybody(Including your gods) is trying to silence Christianity? People are threatened because they know we're getting rid of all evil shortly. And of course, we're taking the Kingdom smiley
Re: Churches In China Forced To Surrender Tithes And Offerings To Government by Nobody: 9:51am On Jul 08, 2016
otemanuduno:

it shall be by the grace of NATURE. All religious gods have been conquered already and the world shall begin to use their brains instead of thinking from some books. Check out my prophesy about the near-extinction of churches in my country in the nearest future.

You've been trying to conquer Christianity for the last 2,000 years, while we've been taking over continents and growing bigger. I see only a bright future for Christianity. I hope alienss are found on other planets so we can go and take over their planets too smiley
Re: Churches In China Forced To Surrender Tithes And Offerings To Government by Nobody: 9:51am On Jul 08, 2016
otemanuduno:

I see no reason why peoples, especially babies minds should be chained to something they knew nothing about - it's really agonizing while watching it happening is highly tormenting

I just hope one day we can live in a world where religion no longer exist - a world that encourage freethinking. Our live should be our own.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Churches In China Forced To Surrender Tithes And Offerings To Government by otemanuduno: 10:21am On Jul 08, 2016
Muafrika2:

You've been trying to conquer Christianity for the last 2,000 years, while we've been taking over continents and growing bigger. I see only a bright future for Christianity. I hope alienss are found on other planets so we can go and take over their planets too smiley

Another big lie. I am just a young man, how come you are saying that I have been trying to conquer Christianity? Anyway, I am here to declare to you that Christianity shall be reduced to a microscopic quantity the more illiteracy gets eliminated. JUST WATCH AND SEE.
EVEN YOU WILL BE FREE FROM THE BONDAGE OF RELIGION AND REASON FROM YOUR BRAIN AND NOT FROM THE BOOK. BY THEN YOU WILL SAY, WHERE IS OTEM, BUT YOU MAY NOT FIND ME.

BRAIN-USAGE IS TAKING OVER.

1 Like

Re: Churches In China Forced To Surrender Tithes And Offerings To Government by otemanuduno: 10:23am On Jul 08, 2016
Muafrika2:

Have you ever wondered why everybody(Including your gods) is trying to silence Christianity? People are threatened because they know we're getting rid of all evil shortly. And of course, we're taking the Kingdom smiley

Evil and religion are synonymous. Your life gets better and more sincerely lived without religion. Ask Albert Einstein and Steve Jobs and and thank me later.

1 Like

Re: Churches In China Forced To Surrender Tithes And Offerings To Government by jcross19: 10:48am On Jul 08, 2016
turboG:

I check all these your lies from the same site which is not as what you posted please if you care to read the genuine news check even in the news it stated one province not even china as a whole you come here sauce your poo and the fools will be reading your poo and try to make poo comment.www.chinaaid.org/2016/07/government-demands-church-donations.html?m=1 that's the link if every care to ready not from jobless and brainless blogger.
Re: Churches In China Forced To Surrender Tithes And Offerings To Government by CAPSLOCKED: 10:52am On Jul 08, 2016
otemanuduno:

Another big lie. I am just a young man, how come you are saying that I have been trying to conquer Christianity? Anyway, I am here to declare to you that Christianity shall be reduced to a microscopic quantity the more illiteracy gets eliminated. JUST WATCH AND SEE.
EVEN YOU WILL BE FREE FROM THE BONDAGE OF RELIGION AND REASON FROM YOUR BRAIN AND NOT FROM THE BOOK. BY THEN YOU WILL SAY, WHERE IS OTEM, BUT YOU MAY NOT FIND ME.

100% BRAIN-USAGE IS TAKING OVER.cool

1 Like

Re: Churches In China Forced To Surrender Tithes And Offerings To Government by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jul 08, 2016
otemanuduno:

Evil and religion are synonymous. Your life gets better and more sincerely lived without religion. Ask Albert Einstein and Steve Jobs and and thank me later.
You don't have the liberty to talk about life without religion with your UFO doctrine
Re: Churches In China Forced To Surrender Tithes And Offerings To Government by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jul 08, 2016
otemanuduno:

BRAIN-USAGE IS TAKING OVER.

Dream on anti-Christ

1 Like

Re: Churches In China Forced To Surrender Tithes And Offerings To Government by Freiburger(m): 12:34pm On Jul 08, 2016
lol... chinko nor dey carry last. Bring the tithe by force grin grin
Re: Churches In China Forced To Surrender Tithes And Offerings To Government by turboG: 5:43pm On Jul 08, 2016
Pharaoh Perished in the RED Sea.

Arthurwinner:
Re: Churches In China Forced To Surrender Tithes And Offerings To Government by Niflheim(m): 4:05pm On Jul 09, 2016
After a *million years* of empty boasting, e.g. "Greater is he who is in me, than he who is in the world", we can now see that the hand of the Chinese Government is treating christianity like the 'syphilis infected houseboy' it has always been!!!

1 Like

Re: Churches In China Forced To Surrender Tithes And Offerings To Government by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jul 09, 2016
Muafrika2:

Amen bro... Amen... and we are prepared.. the Lord has told us this.... what can separate us from the Love of christ??
The Devil will keep fighting and whining coz he has but a short time...

1 Like

Re: Churches In China Forced To Surrender Tithes And Offerings To Government by Amberon11: 9:44pm On Jul 09, 2016
oo
Re: Churches In China Forced To Surrender Tithes And Offerings To Government by petra1(m): 9:55pm On Jul 09, 2016
Tolexander:
That is very good!

Since all governing authority is granted by His permission and sanction and Offerings and Tithes belong to God. Logically Offerings and Tithes are meant to be given to the governing authority, Government!

Not when the so called government is contrary to God .
Re: Churches In China Forced To Surrender Tithes And Offerings To Government by petra1(m): 10:00pm On Jul 09, 2016
Tolexander:
That is very good!

Not when the so called government is contrary to God .

Acts 4:18-20
And they called them, and commanded them not to speak at all nor teach in the name of Jesus. But Peter and John answered and said unto them, Whether it be right in the sight of God to hearken unto you more than unto God, judge ye. For we cannot but speak the things which we have seen and heard.

(1) (2) (Reply)

BREAKING: Christian Convert, 7 Others Killed For Alleged Blasphemy In Zamfara / The Theist/Atheist Dilemma / The Relationship Between Muhammad And Satan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.