Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,841 members, 7,813,834 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:31 PM

17 Struggles You’ll Recognize About Doing The Dishes In A Nigerian Home - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 17 Struggles You’ll Recognize About Doing The Dishes In A Nigerian Home (1243 Views)

Who Is To Wash The Dishes In This Scenario? / 13 Things You Will Recognize From Falling Sick In A Nigerian Home / 17 Struggles You’ll Recognize About Doing The Dishes In A Nigerian Home! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

17 Struggles You’ll Recognize About Doing The Dishes In A Nigerian Home by ichommy(m): 10:56pm On Jul 08, 2016
1. When you leave small food in the pot so you don’t have to wash it.

No time, abeg.

1 Like

Re: 17 Struggles You’ll Recognize About Doing The Dishes In A Nigerian Home by ichommy(m): 11:00pm On Jul 08, 2016
2. When your mum shouts at you for not doing the dishes, and you go to the sink and see:

Are you kidding me?

CC: Lalasticlala

Re: 17 Struggles You’ll Recognize About Doing The Dishes In A Nigerian Home by mariamadenle(m): 11:00pm On Jul 08, 2016
Booked in case
Re: 17 Struggles You’ll Recognize About Doing The Dishes In A Nigerian Home by ichommy(m): 11:01pm On Jul 08, 2016
3. When your mother uses all the pots in the kitchen to cook one meal.

It’s because you’re not the one washing, abi?

3 Likes

Re: 17 Struggles You’ll Recognize About Doing The Dishes In A Nigerian Home by ichommy(m): 11:01pm On Jul 08, 2016
4. Your parents, when you go to sleep with dishes still in the sink:

You people should chill small na.

2 Likes

Re: 17 Struggles You’ll Recognize About Doing The Dishes In A Nigerian Home by ichommy(m): 11:02pm On Jul 08, 2016
5. When you’re already standing by the sink with a sponge and your mum says “remember to wash those plates.”

Do you think I want to eat the sponge?

3 Likes

Re: 17 Struggles You’ll Recognize About Doing The Dishes In A Nigerian Home by ichommy(m): 11:03pm On Jul 08, 2016
6. When you’re doing the dishes and your mother starts complaining that you’re wasting water.

Should I use my saliva?
grin

4 Likes

Re: 17 Struggles You’ll Recognize About Doing The Dishes In A Nigerian Home by ichommy(m): 11:04pm On Jul 08, 2016
7. The STRUGGLE of washing stew out of this: grin grin

The absolute worst. grin

5 Likes

Re: 17 Struggles You’ll Recognize About Doing The Dishes In A Nigerian Home by ichommy(m): 11:05pm On Jul 08, 2016
8. You, after washing plates with dried eba stains on them: cheesy cheesy grin

The struggle is too real. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: 17 Struggles You’ll Recognize About Doing The Dishes In A Nigerian Home by ichommy(m): 11:06pm On Jul 08, 2016
9. How the sink looks when you’re not around: grin grin Nah Die o.

Be waiting for me oh!

1 Like

Re: 17 Struggles You’ll Recognize About Doing The Dishes In A Nigerian Home by ichommy(m): 11:07pm On Jul 08, 2016
10. When your parents make you do the dishes at someone else’s house.
grin

So, I’m now house-help for rent? angry

1 Like

Re: 17 Struggles You’ll Recognize About Doing The Dishes In A Nigerian Home by ichommy(m): 11:07pm On Jul 08, 2016
11. When you tell your mother that dish-washing liquid has finished and she just pours water inside.

If you can wash well with diluted morning fresh, you can do anything.

1 Like

Re: 17 Struggles You’ll Recognize About Doing The Dishes In A Nigerian Home by BeeBeeOoh(m): 11:08pm On Jul 08, 2016
That number 7 sef, d STRUGGLE no be here..
Re: 17 Struggles You’ll Recognize About Doing The Dishes In A Nigerian Home by ichommy(m): 11:10pm On Jul 08, 2016
12. When you break a plate while doing the dishes.

It’s all over.

Re: 17 Struggles You’ll Recognize About Doing The Dishes In A Nigerian Home by BeeBeeOoh(m): 11:10pm On Jul 08, 2016
That number 9 na to Come & Kill Yourself & Die Remain nah..
Re: 17 Struggles You’ll Recognize About Doing The Dishes In A Nigerian Home by ichommy(m): 11:11pm On Jul 08, 2016
13. When you’re almost done and someone drops another plate in the sink

Are you not wicked?

2 Likes

Re: 17 Struggles You’ll Recognize About Doing The Dishes In A Nigerian Home by ichommy(m): 11:12pm On Jul 08, 2016
14. When your mother is doing the dishes and you try to add your own.

Sorry ma. grin

3 Likes

Re: 17 Struggles You’ll Recognize About Doing The Dishes In A Nigerian Home by ichommy(m): 11:13pm On Jul 08, 2016
15. You, acting like you didn’t see that dirty pot on the cooker.

I’ve tried, abeg.

1 Like

Re: 17 Struggles You’ll Recognize About Doing The Dishes In A Nigerian Home by carik(m): 11:13pm On Jul 08, 2016
True!
Keep em coming

Reminds me of how i was compelled to wash the dishes on new year celebration with many visitors hosted at home.

My other brothers run off and I'm made to act like the girl cos I'm the middle boy.

#nostalgia
Re: 17 Struggles You’ll Recognize About Doing The Dishes In A Nigerian Home by ichommy(m): 11:14pm On Jul 08, 2016
16. Mother: “Why didn’t you wash the pot?”

The ultimate excuse. grin grin grin wink

2 Likes

Re: 17 Struggles You’ll Recognize About Doing The Dishes In A Nigerian Home by ichommy(m): 11:15pm On Jul 08, 2016
17. When you finish and your mother comes to complain that you didn’t dry the sink well.

Hay Gawd! grin grin grin grin

Source http://zikoko.com/list/doing-dishes-nigerian-home/

Re: 17 Struggles You’ll Recognize About Doing The Dishes In A Nigerian Home by ddaammyy(f): 11:22pm On Jul 08, 2016
I remember then when we will stand on "apkoti" so that our hands can reach the sink lolxx grin
Re: 17 Struggles You’ll Recognize About Doing The Dishes In A Nigerian Home by ddaammyy(f): 11:24pm On Jul 08, 2016
ichommy:
7. The STRUGGLE of washing stew out of this: grin grin

The absolute worst. grin

. Or ogbono soup. Damn it!!!!
Re: 17 Struggles You’ll Recognize About Doing The Dishes In A Nigerian Home by Kakamorufu(m): 11:35pm On Jul 08, 2016
ichommy:
3. When your mother uses all the pots in the kitchen to cook one meal.

It’s because you’re not the one washing, abi?
this is so me
Re: 17 Struggles You’ll Recognize About Doing The Dishes In A Nigerian Home by amokeme(f): 11:38pm On Jul 08, 2016
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
It's acceptable to slap anyone who tries number 13! So annoying
No. 16...... my ultimate excuse!!!!
My mum and NO. 17 are like 5 and 6 grin

1 Like

Re: 17 Struggles You’ll Recognize About Doing The Dishes In A Nigerian Home by Chicent(m): 1:10am On Jul 09, 2016
ichommy:

the ultimate excuse oooo.... Expecially wen the pot was used to make wheat. Lols

ichommy:

Be waiting for me oh!

i can relate to this.... Expecially wen it for u to wash dishes.... Chai
ichommy:
ichommy:

Be waiting for me oh!

i can relate to this.... Expecially wen it for u to wash dishes.... Chai
Re: 17 Struggles You’ll Recognize About Doing The Dishes In A Nigerian Home by DucheSsMerezz(f): 2:32am On Jul 09, 2016
Nice.
Re: 17 Struggles You’ll Recognize About Doing The Dishes In A Nigerian Home by DebbyChris(f): 6:57am On Jul 09, 2016
If you try that number 13 with me ehn!! chai!!!
Re: 17 Struggles You’ll Recognize About Doing The Dishes In A Nigerian Home by Abodunrin07(m): 7:08am On Jul 09, 2016
DebbyChris:
If you try that number 13 with me ehn!! chai!!!

U wee just start cry baa..... Lols
Re: 17 Struggles You’ll Recognize About Doing The Dishes In A Nigerian Home by Abodunrin07(m): 7:11am On Jul 09, 2016
Dat No 17 though.....
When u are the last in the house and its on u to do. U do by all means possible Mehn!
Re: 17 Struggles You’ll Recognize About Doing The Dishes In A Nigerian Home by littlemistress: 7:35am On Jul 09, 2016
hahahahaha...lol

(1) (2) (Reply)

Four Generations, One Picture (dads Feeding Their Babies) / What Someone Posted On Facebook About Abortion / Indian Woman Breastfeeding Baby Deer Goes Viral, Described As “great Mother”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.