Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,757 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:43 PM

I Suspect My Mom Is Cheating, Help Me!! - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Suspect My Mom Is Cheating, Help Me!! (34800 Views)

I Suspect My Wife Is Having Affair With Her Step Brother / My Sister Is Cheating On Her Husband For Not Supporting Her Financially / I Am Suspecting My Wife Is Cheating On Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Suspect My Mom Is Cheating, Help Me!! by johnson232: 7:08pm On Jul 09, 2016
TheArchangel:
Why is your Dad involving you as if your Mom is into polyandrous union with both of you?

Let your Dad and Mum handle their issue and leave you out of it. You are to you for this burden abeg.
is op not part of the family?
if sth bad should happen, don't u know op will be the one to bear the burden?
& u call yourself the archangel? lol
Re: I Suspect My Mom Is Cheating, Help Me!! by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jul 09, 2016
Richy4:
I am happy your dad knows about it....

There's nothing u can do because ur dad i guess is active and still the head of the home....however, u can still tell ur mum not to break a home she and ur dad has build with great effort.

Tell her that when next she wants to SMS or answer the phone of that man,
<<<< she should remember how the society view an unfaithful woman...

<<<<<<that she should remember that ur dad will not keep calm about the truth.That he might let everyone know the reason...

<<<<<<<that when the storm comes, that man (lover) might not want to have anything to do with her..... because that's fact about cases of randy men.Their fantasies is to go with ladies that are hooked up or married.they loved the fact that they are stealing without being caught..But when the whole thing blew open.. the Fantasy dies a natural death...they began to tell her they were married, etc.. and they proceed to another girl...

<<<<<<< Finally tell her that if she loses ur dad due to that promiscuous life style, she will not see u again...

Do not listen to any one that says it does not concern u. u are a product of that union....You are 20....Pychologically it will concern u and your siblings in future if anything should happen ....if there's anything u can do to remedy
the situation, please do it.....

I guess people were advising u based on boyfriend and girlfriend relationship....This case is not it.

The thought of facing my mom and telling her she is cheating is really somehow. Even at this moment, she is still outside and communicating with That man even after my dad told her to stop.
I think I have to close my eyes to all her doings till i go back to school.
Re: I Suspect My Mom Is Cheating, Help Me!! by Richy4(m): 10:32pm On Jul 09, 2016
Jackpal:

The thought of facing my mom and telling her she is cheating is really somehow. Even at this moment, she still outside and communicating with That man even after my dad told her to stop.
I think I have to close my eyes to all her doings till i go back to school.

Maybe u can use yourself as an example..
Tell her how u will feel if a girl u truly love does what she was doing right now to your dad... see what her reaction would be...She might ask what was she doing? then u tell her she knows...
running to school will not solve it...
Re: I Suspect My Mom Is Cheating, Help Me!! by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jul 09, 2016
@ jackpal ... it seems you're more close to your mother and have little or no relationship with your father hence he decided to make you a witness to the impending trouble.... order wise why should he involve you in such a delicate matter.

a 20yrs old child is still under the guardians of their parents in most cases not to talk of involving you into their sexual life ..

I strongly believe you have no role to play in this case... your father should have looked for an elder who is close to your mummy instead.
Re: I Suspect My Mom Is Cheating, Help Me!! by Richy4(m): 10:56pm On Jul 09, 2016
carmag:
@ jackpal ... it seems you're more close to your mother and have little or no relationship with your father hence he decided to make you a witness to the impending trouble.... order wise why should he involve you in such a delicate matter.

a 20yrs old child is still under the guardians of their parents in most cases not to talk of involving you into their sexual life ..

I strongly believe you have no role to play in this case... your father should have looked for an elder who is close to your mummy instead.

he is 20 and he would have been out of his parent's house 2 yrs ago and become independent in real world...

They move out at 18yrs....It's just that situation in nigeria made it look like a 20year old got nothing to say...or offer to the society....

He is not a child...at 20 he can be admitted in an adult prison...He can caste a vote etc.
Re: I Suspect My Mom Is Cheating, Help Me!! by Nobody: 12:44am On Jul 10, 2016
Richy4:

he is 20 and he would have been out of his parent's house 2 yrs ago and become independent in real world...

They move out at 18yrs....It's just that situation in nigeria made it look like a 20year old got nothing to say...or offer to the society....

He is not a child...at 20 he can be admitted in an adult prison...He can caste a vote etc.

of course, he is matured @ 18, but he is not psychologically matured to mediate in his parents sexual life

that role, his father aught to have contacted an elder closed to his wife whom she respects instead of their child who is still under their care.

it seems this guy always take sides with the mother hence his father wants to prove him a point

if it was an easy task for him he would've wade into the matter without seeking for advice on nl.. get my point

1 Like

Re: I Suspect My Mom Is Cheating, Help Me!! by cococandy(f): 7:13am On Jul 10, 2016
TheArchangel:
Why is your Dad involving you as if your Mom is into polyandrous union with both of you?

Let your Dad and Mum handle their issue and leave you out of it. You are to you for this burden abeg.
seconded
Re: I Suspect My Mom Is Cheating, Help Me!! by Nobody: 8:24am On Jul 10, 2016
Thanks all for your different advice.

Dad has asked mom to leave the house by 12pm today or he would call everybody to let them know what has happened.
On the other hand, i told mom to call the man she was speaking to and let him come and beg my dad. Because, she said she just met the man and he is trying to ask her out and he kept calling and sending messages according to her.
Re: I Suspect My Mom Is Cheating, Help Me!! by SWITANN(f): 9:41am On Jul 10, 2016
BiafraBushBoy:
cry....

I wish i can advise you, But your dad should handle the situation na.... sad

All you need do is PRAY... That God will touch your mama and give your Dad the self will not to reason Divorce..

cry

All is Well

true talk bro. already emailed u.
Re: I Suspect My Mom Is Cheating, Help Me!! by SWITANN(f): 9:44am On Jul 10, 2016
Jackpal:
Thanks all for your different advice.

Dad has asked mom to leave the house by 12pm today or he would call everybody to let them know what has happened.
On the other hand, i told mom to call the man she was speaking to and let him come and beg my dad. Because, she said she just met the man and he is trying to ask her out and he kept calling and sending messages according to her.

are there no elders in ur family or something or family members that can help in d matter. cos dis matter is too much for u to handle, just invite an elderly figure in ur family dat ur dad would listen to.
Re: I Suspect My Mom Is Cheating, Help Me!! by tempex88(m): 5:59pm On Jul 10, 2016
Ur dad is a nice and great man. Sit ur mom down and talk to her.
Re: I Suspect My Mom Is Cheating, Help Me!! by visijo(m): 5:59pm On Jul 10, 2016
cheat am back na..
Re: I Suspect My Mom Is Cheating, Help Me!! by chibexin(m): 6:00pm On Jul 10, 2016
put it into prayer...the devil is at work and no matter what she does always know she's your mother
Re: I Suspect My Mom Is Cheating, Help Me!! by AntiWailer: 6:01pm On Jul 10, 2016
Wat is ur conzign?
Re: I Suspect My Mom Is Cheating, Help Me!! by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jul 10, 2016
Jackpal:
This is a fact based on what is happening in my family presently.

Around last week Fridays afternoon i saw my mom hiding her phone from me at first, i didn't even bother but when I discovered she was sending messages to a unknown number i started putting notice to it. This happened till late in the night like around 2 am, i was awake and I went to the sitting room only to see her washing clothes in the laundry and simultaneously chatting with someone and this is very unusual of her but my father didn't notice notice anyways.

On Saturday Last week the following morning i heard her making calls that she will be there by afternoon i felt like confronting her but i felt that she might just be going to her place of work. Afternoon came and she said she was going to another town for a naming ceremony we didn't mind. I left the house and i came back around 9pm and discovered that she wasn't back yet so i called her and she told me she won't be coming back that night then i knew she was up to something. I listened to the background very much and I noticed it isn't a party stuff or anything.

On Sunday she came back and I was mad but i just kept mute as i thought that I was not in a position to confront her.

Fast forward to today's early morning around 4 am. I heard my dad's angry voice he was very angry with my mum at first I thought she broke something in the room but i later heard my mum pleading that he didn't have sex with the man. After much contemplating, i went out of my room to the sitting room where they were and i saw my mom holding her phone i sensed that, her act has been exposed. My father left us there and went to his room. I confronted my mom and told her that i knew she didn't go for a naming ceremony the previous week and she was kind of surprised and she asked me how i got to know but I didn't reply her.
My dad came out of his room and asked her to come inside. Like after about two hours, my mom came to call me and I went to their room and dad sat me down and told me that he saw a text message on my mom phone the sender said they were to meet the day before but she my mom didn't meet him. My mom said the man is just a boss at his office and nothing more. So dad told me that I am his witness that if such happens again that he is going to divorce my mom. Well, my mom insisted that she didn't have sex with the man

I have 3 siblings and but they are still small am the first born am about clocking 20 years of age.

What should I do please?

Well, I think that you should have been long gone from the home at this age angry
Re: I Suspect My Mom Is Cheating, Help Me!! by Trapnews: 6:01pm On Jul 10, 2016
Hoes everywhere.... they still exhibit the trait after 20 years. Women!!!

4 Likes

Re: I Suspect My Mom Is Cheating, Help Me!! by missKiffy(f): 6:03pm On Jul 10, 2016
TheArchangel:

Why can't he involve him, afterall he's not a kid anymore, and like he said his dad needed a witness so that if he end up divorcing her, his reasons would be known.
Re: I Suspect My Mom Is Cheating, Help Me!! by iswallker(m): 6:03pm On Jul 10, 2016
BiafraBushBoy:
cry....

I wish i can advise you, But your dad should handle the situation na.... sad

All you need do is PRAY... That God will touch your mama and give your Dad the self will not to reason Divorce..

cry

All is Well

The bolded though....
Re: I Suspect My Mom Is Cheating, Help Me!! by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jul 10, 2016
carmag:

Even though you used the word mostly, but you're cuddling bad behaviour. A 20 year old turned into an adult two years earlier.

Two of my Daughter entered college at 18 and live on campus, I came to the USA when I turned 18, I have two family members who entered the US Marines at 18.

You lot need to start being matured already.

1 Like

Re: I Suspect My Mom Is Cheating, Help Me!! by Certifiedboss: 6:05pm On Jul 10, 2016
TheArchangel:

He's an adult . The dad already knew he's aware of what's going on so no need covering it. If the dad was the mischievous person the mom won't have handled it that way . Instead she would have used it as an opportunity to turn the kids against their dad
Re: I Suspect My Mom Is Cheating, Help Me!! by feldspar90(m): 6:05pm On Jul 10, 2016
Are you cheating as well?
Re: I Suspect My Mom Is Cheating, Help Me!! by Afroconnect: 6:06pm On Jul 10, 2016
Too bad ur dad made a LovePeddler a house-wife,whores can't change.

3 Likes

Re: I Suspect My Mom Is Cheating, Help Me!! by Dindondin(m): 6:07pm On Jul 10, 2016
TheArchangel:

He's not too young. He ll be a husband one day. The only thing that may be wrong is for him to be rebuking his mum rudely.
As for the mum, she's like someone that's tired of her marriage. If not, she won't walk in the valley of adultery.
Re: I Suspect My Mom Is Cheating, Help Me!! by herkeem99(m): 6:08pm On Jul 10, 2016
Try to talk some real sense and reality into her. Man it up bro. I believe you can do this, you're not a kid
Re: I Suspect My Mom Is Cheating, Help Me!! by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jul 10, 2016
Women Shaaa!

God save us from these cheating women, wey t.oto dey over scratch!!

1 Like

Re: I Suspect My Mom Is Cheating, Help Me!! by Chiderad(m): 6:10pm On Jul 10, 2016
Ejemehn:
For the sake of your younger siblings and the sake of the unity of the whole family you have to forget your age in this issue and handle it like the man you'll one day be proud of.

There's a reason why God has let you in on all this.

On a wonderful night while everyone is asleep, call your mum to the sitting room and talk to her. Let her know the imminent danger she's putting you, your dad, your siblings and the family at large. See, there's no good in infidelity. The Bible says there's a way that seemeth right unto man but the end thereof is destruction, and one of such ways is infidelity. Let her know she'll only tear the family apart with her current ways. Whether she's had sex with the man or not she erred big time. Going to a place and lying. Not to mention she went their without informing your father.

On another night. Call your dad and also talk to him too. Tell him to work on himself. Probably there are things he might need to work on.

After sometime, on another night call the two of them and sit them down and talk to them pointing out reasons why the family must stay together.

I tell you the truth. Your parents will never see you like a 20 year old again.

A broken home is not the best. Do your best to mend this crack.

God shall strengthen you. Go to him for wisdom.

Wish you the best of luck

God bless you for this wise counsel of yours. May your oil never run dry in Jesus name.

2 Likes

Re: I Suspect My Mom Is Cheating, Help Me!! by JoseRaji(m): 6:12pm On Jul 10, 2016
TheArchangel:

this is a very common parenting error... to think that an 19 year old is too young.
he should man up. look for a suitable time (maybe late at night) to talk sense into his mum. then talk to dad too... they'll respect him in he long run.
Re: I Suspect My Mom Is Cheating, Help Me!! by yankison(m): 6:13pm On Jul 10, 2016
ASHAWO
Re: I Suspect My Mom Is Cheating, Help Me!! by Dolazee(f): 6:14pm On Jul 10, 2016
Oga ooo
Re: I Suspect My Mom Is Cheating, Help Me!! by Dolazee(f): 6:15pm On Jul 10, 2016
austinosita:
Women Shaaa!

God save us from these cheating women, wey t.oto dey over scratch!!

shocked angry
Re: I Suspect My Mom Is Cheating, Help Me!! by zeusdgrt(m): 6:15pm On Jul 10, 2016
elektra:
I am not in a position to give you tangible advice but I have questions that are kind of off topic.
Any reason why your mum was doing the laundry at 2 a.m? Did you assist her in doing the laundry when you saw her?
I just find it interesting that someone with a grown kid is doing chores past midnight.

Seriously you talking out of the topic.Advice the kid or do not comment if u gat no advice to give

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian Lady Celebrates Her Divorce, Calls Out Those Responsible For It / Nigerian Woman Recreates Her Mother's Photo With Her Own Daughter / Oyo-ita Gives Parents Of Quintuplets’ House, Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.