Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,943 members, 7,814,191 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:47 AM

Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please (34566 Views)

I Want To Rename My Street To Immortalize My Dad. / Fake Marriages Taking Place In Nigeria, Says Immigration Boss / Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by massinola(m): 7:51pm On Nov 18, 2021
I will be as brief as possible.
I recently opened a barbing salon shop. Within the area I opened this shop, there's this couple living there. The man does nothing for a living. He's a drunkard. The woman on the other hand sells black market fuel and oil to make ends meet.

They gave birth to 6 children (yes, you heard right). Since I entered that street, I noticed a serious domestic violence going on in that family. The man after drinking, uses his wife and children as punching bags. This is not occasionally. On a daily. I'm seriously disturbed. A little arguement and the man goes straight to the woman's fuel and oil and pours everything away.

Even when he's the one provoking the woman, he goes to the woman's properties and starts damaging everything.

The worst is that no body in the street says anything. They all say they are used to them.
I'm seriously disturbed because the man always threatens to pour fuel on the woman and set her ablaze always.

On many occasions, he carries huge sticks to kill the woman like a snake.
People around always say he can't do it. On my side, I'm really disturbed, because I have seen where domestic violence caused a disaster. I fear that one day, the man might carry out his threats.

Today a serious fight broke out between the man and the wife. The man was beating the last born of the house that's just a year plus like a mad man. The wife couldn't bear it anymore and faced the man. He was beating all of them like animals. Looking for cutlass and 2by2 to use on them. People were passing and didn't even care. I couldn't bear it anymore. He was trying to smash the woman's phone on the main road. One small girl went to rescue the woman and the phone. The way this man flung the lady eeh, that was when I stepped in, collected the phone and told the man that if he tried touching the woman and the children again, I would bury him alive. I was very mad. I asked the woman what he's still doing with the man. Or is she waiting for people to carry her corpse before she flees for her life? The phone is still with me. I'm confused on what to do.

This man needs to be stopped before a disaster strikes. It's just a matter of time. I fear for the woman's life seriously.
What can I do to help the situation guys. I'm really disturbed.

303 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by massinola(m): 7:51pm On Nov 18, 2021
Serious advice needed please

Thank you all for the advice so far and ones still to come.
I understand some of your worries about my safety. Heart of a man is seriously wicked, that I know, but let's imagine what will happen the day this waiting time bomb will explode. I have seen some good advice here. I will try as much as possible to make a video of the incidence anytime it happens again. Take it to the local government, and report to the appropriate authority. I don't think my conscience will ever allow me continue my business that some people here are asking me to mind if I didn't do anything and something bad happens to this woman.
I'm not doing this for either the woman or her kids. I'm doing it because its the right thing to do, and for posterity. The woman out of ignorance may not appreciate my efforts, but God does. So, minding my business is out of the question

Update

Some women are the reason for whatever harsh treatment some men met out on them. Some of them have lost their dignity as a living being. I made inquiry further and found out the woman was strictly adviced by her people not to marry the said man. But out of lust (not love) the woman went on, packed her things and followed the man. Now she can't muster the courage to go back to her people to complain. She's resigned to her fate. Quite pathetic. The funniest part is that, they are already doing love nwa ntiti this night.
I called their little daughter this afternoon and handed over the phone to her and asked her to hand it to her mother.
The man came to me and was apologizing for yesterday. I told him I don't have anything against him and his family. But he should control his excessive consumption of alcohol, as it is doing more harm than good to him.

The truth is that the woman is the architect of her woes. But I won't turn a blind eye. Anytime, any day they start again, will just take their videos and report to the appropriate authority anonymously. Let them come and carry the both of them and reset their brains

175 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by TundeWX: 7:55pm On Nov 18, 2021
cry
The sad truth is there's nothing you can do,there's no child welfare programs in naija unlike other more developed countries.the only thing you can do is to find an NGO around and report the case.but bear in mind that the victim(wife) and people around will blame you(maybe even accusing you of sleeping with d wife sef) for interfering in a "family matter" if the man is locked up,its sad but thats the way things work in Nigeria.seen it happen many many times,it never ends well.
Like I said earlier...there's nothing you can do.

101 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by Nackzy: 7:55pm On Nov 18, 2021
Go to human right and make the report or womens welfare they will respond

87 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by Maxymilliano(m): 8:13pm On Nov 18, 2021
Advise the lady to contact the nearest police station and make official report ... It's very necessary should there be eventualities ...

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by FlipModeSquade(m): 8:24pm On Nov 18, 2021
T
Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by Generalissimo75(m): 9:07pm On Nov 18, 2021
You have done all you can possibly do. Confronting the man and advising the woman. A word is enough for the wise.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by Born2Breed(f): 9:47pm On Nov 18, 2021
You have done your best. Retreat before it's too late.

The stupid woman opened her leg for a drunkard to impregnate her 6x. Just watch as the 7th child comes in next year.

172 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by massinola(m): 10:00pm On Nov 18, 2021
Born2Breed:
You have done your best. Retreat before it's too late.

The stupid woman opened leg for a drunkard to impregnate her 6x. Just watch as the 7th child comes in next year.
Seriously. I was just imagining how the woman could be so stupid. I'm just worried for her life

33 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by Nobody: 10:17pm On Nov 18, 2021
Op you have a nice heart but don't carry cross wey go wound you o.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by spinna: 10:27pm On Nov 18, 2021
Simply call police for the man ... And be ready for insults from your neighbours

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by bendike: 10:29pm On Nov 18, 2021
Maxymilliano:
Advise the last to contact the nearest police station and make official report ... It's very necessary should there be eventualities ...
Lolz, he will pay to incident or make police report. He will also pay for police to come investigate and arrest the man, possibly his wife too.
This barbing saloon owner will then have to pay to bail the woman. She will then have to pay to bail the husband of which she will blame the op for her woes. grin

90 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by Lordswazz(m): 11:08pm On Nov 18, 2021
Sometimes I wonder what will make an adult so stupid as to tolerate being wantonly abused and trampled upon. It’s not like he provides anything for her and the kids; he’s evidently useless to himself and society. So what’s the foolish woman’s reason for staying with an animal that’s working overtime to make her life and the lives of their children a living hell?

Even if she has no relatives that care about her or they’ve given up on her, does she have no sense of self-worth or purpose? Na wah o!

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by jaoh: 12:31am On Nov 19, 2021
Organize soldiers to threaten the man if you can. That if he tries it again, they'll treat his f up.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by ogbiwa: 3:30am On Nov 19, 2021
In as much as I'm seeing comments here asking you to mind your business, I will ask you OP to ask yourself, if that woman was your sister and those kids were your nephews, would you turn a blind eye? Now the fact she's not your family doesn't mean there isn't someone out there who is her family. Since you have the woman's phone, see if you can make contact with anyone who she calls family, and warn them to come and carry their sister. I tell you OP I lie not, that woman remaining in that house and under that situation is a timebomb waiting to tick off, and when it happens, I'm sure your conscience will tell you that this could've been prevented if you had done more. Do More! The woman has been abused so much that she has lost all self worth and respect, that's why she's still with that man. So basically she can't help herself

137 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by Boogyman557: 3:59am On Nov 19, 2021
Holly Gram cool amabobi if u get KALA blast like 3 BULLET for air, Every AMA go TWAMER. D place go calm DOWN.. WTF MAN

2 Likes

Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by Richy4(m): 5:17am On Nov 19, 2021
You are simply the kind of people that the world needs at the moment.. Some one who cares for another's safety and wellbeing...Thank You so much buddy.

When the woman comes for her phone, could u kindly talk to her in a cool manner devoid of judgemental tone to find out why she was still in an abusive relationship?

If it was for her kids, she's already taking care of the Homefront, therefore she can survive on her own.. She can rent a house and start all-over.. instead of her to end up in a body bag.. once again, thank you my brother

102 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by Gee64: 6:26am On Nov 19, 2021
Thanks for being so concerned. My step-daughter is in my house now because of a similar case of domestic violence. GET soldiers to instil fear in him.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by correctyourself(m): 6:32am On Nov 19, 2021
Please see how you can contact her family member, or when the woman come for the phone please encourage her to report the matter to her own family by herself in your presence, this would save you from issues that will come later when the family takes action, it would now be is the woman that reported the matter to her family, ok

2 Likes

Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by thuxzwda1: 7:03am On Nov 19, 2021
grin

1 Like

Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by Nobody: 7:17am On Nov 19, 2021
massinola:
I recently opened a barbing salon shop. Within the area I opened this shop, there's this couple living there. The man does nothing for a living. He's a drunkard. The woman on the other hand sells black market fuel and oil to make ends meet.
They gave birth to 6 children (yes, you heard right). Since I entered that street, I noticed a serious domestic violence going on in that family. The man after drinking, uses his wife and children as punching bags. This is not occasionally. On a daily. I'm seriously disturbed. A little arguement and the man goes straight to the woman's fuel and oil and pours everything away.
Even when he's the one provoking the woman, he goes to the woman's properties and starts damaging everything.
The worst is that no body in the street says anything. They all say they are used to them.
I'm seriously disturbed because the man always threatens to pour fuel on the woman and set her ablaze always.
People around always say he can't do it. On my side, I'm really disturbed, because I have seen where domestic violence caused a disaster. I fear that one day, the man might carry out his threats.
Today a serious fight broke out between the man and the wife. The man was beating the last born of the house that's just a year plus like a mad man. The wife couldn't bear it anymore and faced the man. He was beating all of them like animals. Looking for cutlass and 2by2 to use on them. People were passing and didn't even care. I couldn't bear it anymore. He was trying to smash the woman's phone on the main road. One small girl went to rescue the woman and the phone. The way this man flung the lady eeh, that was when I stepped in, collected the phone and told the man that if he tried touching the woman and the children again, I would bury him alive. I was very mad. I asked the woman what he's still doing with the man. Or is she waiting for people to carry her corpse before she flees for her life? The phone is still with me. I'm confused on what to do.
This man needs to be stopped before a disaster strikes. It's just a matter of time. I fear for the woman's life seriously.

@Lalasticlala help move this to the front page please

Honestly Bro, I am proud of you to have stepped in.

People always want to"mind their business" in things like this. I don't know how to. Especially when there is a weaker person like the woman. I really do feel pity for her. Being married to someone as useless as her husband is.

OP try advising the woman to see divorce. That is really important. Because that stupid might do something that he'll put the blame on the devil some day.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by dawnomike(m): 8:09am On Nov 19, 2021
massinola:

@Lalasticlala help move this to the front page please
Report him to human right activists...
Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by Valkrie: 8:30am On Nov 19, 2021
Oga...gather like minds in the area and arrange, tie the man and flog him very well with threat that any day they see him making trouble with the family they would come for him again...make sure his back peel so he can feel the pain for sometime for remembrance...!! Welfare and human right office is also a good place to look..!!

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by Doubleoh7: 8:42am On Nov 19, 2021
In my opinion, the best way you can help that woman and her kids is to report the case to an NGO or Lagos state's agency in charge of domestic violence. Do not be confrontational with the man otherwise he will turn you to a threat and you'll be shocked to realise he may have lots of allies who might align with him to deal with you or even go after your business. Good thing you helped curb his violent outburst,now let the system deservingly deal with him

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by muheeb01(m): 9:12am On Nov 19, 2021
You've tried....and no matter what the woman would still go back to him,if her life never go for it they won't listen,the only other things you can do is to report to any strong NGO or human rights group to intervene on the woman matter,and let her see reason to leave man

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by muheeb01(m): 9:14am On Nov 19, 2021
Valkrie:
Oga...gather like minds in the area and arrange, tie the man and flog him very well with threat that any day they see him making trouble with the family they would come for him again...make sure his back peel so he can feel the pain for sometime for remembrance...!! Welfare and human right office is also a good place to look..!!
I love this too,if they torture him like 48hours without food and drink and better beating with punishment and warning,his brain fit reset through factory reset blows from hefty able bodied men
Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by MJBOLT: 9:47am On Nov 19, 2021
you are worried for her life undecided
If the woman was worried for her own life,she would have dumped that man long ago, better focus on your business.

massinola:

Seriously. I was just imagining how the woman could be so stupid. I'm just worried for her life

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by Nicklaus619(m): 10:14am On Nov 19, 2021
I feel so sorry for that woman, why don't you report this case to the human right commission so that they will step in. U fit use vex hit the man now him go faint, or die, that woman u are fighting for nah she go first go report say u don kill her husband say she no send you. Just be diplomatic in handling issues like this

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by emmanuelbrown26: 11:00am On Nov 19, 2021
Baba leave the woman jare, she dey enjoy the panel beating, if not tell me why a woman would be enduring the beating up till this stage, also for people to be passing without saying anything shows that the woman is really enjoying it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by 27Pushing30: 12:17pm On Nov 19, 2021
massinola:
Serious advice needed please

you should have located a human rights group within your area and anonymously reported these incidents.

7 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

I Gave My Wife Money For Abortion / Ifeoma Nwaka Gives Birth To Quintuplets In Awka, Anambra (Photos) / What To Do If Your Partner Is Avoiding You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.