Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,053 members, 7,814,624 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:24 PM

Gaming On Intel HD Graphics - Gaming (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Gaming On Intel HD Graphics (51364 Views)

How To Improve Image Quality And Boost Gaming On Your Android Phone / Gaming On The Asus R9 290 DCUII OC Edition / Gaming On The MSI Geforce GTX 970 Gaming 4G (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gaming On Intel HD Graphics by AKBliv010(m): 1:47pm On Aug 13, 2016
KazukiIto:
Akbliv010 concerning my vram and bios, I've other versions and it's not still working. You mentioned something about flashing the BIOS...
I've lost track on where we got to. I remember saying something about flashing the BIOS. So what have you done? Did you install the latest version, then go back to the previous, then back to the latest version?
Remind me of your systems make & model.
Re: Gaming On Intel HD Graphics by KazukiIto(m): 2:08pm On Aug 13, 2016
AKBliv010:

I've lost track on where we got to. I remember saying something about flashing the BIOS. So what have you done? Did you install the latest version, then go back to the previous, then back to the latest version?
Remind me of your systems make & model.
Installed previous version, upgrade version, nada.

Acer Aspire E1-571
Intel core i3
Intel HD 4000 1760MB Vram 128 formerly, now 32MB
Re: Gaming On Intel HD Graphics by AKBliv010(m): 3:27pm On Aug 13, 2016
KazukiIto:

Installed previous version, upgrade version, nada.
Acer Aspire E1-571
Intel core i3
Intel HD 4000 1760MB Vram 128 formerly, now 32MB
If you haven't got access to change the VRAM size in BIOS by both BIOS versions, then I think that feature is locked by default. Shared VRAM is usually dynamic and will use more than 32MB when it's required. I won't worry about it tbh.

I think Windows has automatically adjusted that value and will request for more if the program demands more vram.
Re: Gaming On Intel HD Graphics by rawdpiper(m): 3:42pm On Aug 13, 2016
AKBliv010:
With an i5-4th gen & R7 mobile dGPU, you shouldn't have any issues running most games on med-high settings with some small tweaks to the image quality and still get decent framerate. It will ultimately be much better gaming with intel's integrated hd graphics.

What R7 graphic card is it M260,M265,M270?

So Intel's integrated HD graphics is better?
Re: Gaming On Intel HD Graphics by Nobody: 3:48pm On Aug 13, 2016
rawdpiper:

grin

What is raw about the piping
Re: Gaming On Intel HD Graphics by AKBliv010(m): 3:55pm On Aug 13, 2016
rawdpiper:

lol sorry thats meant to be 'better than'..corrected
Re: Gaming On Intel HD Graphics by rawdpiper(m): 4:07pm On Aug 13, 2016
AKBliv010:
lol sorry thats meant to be 'better than'..corrected

Tnx for d correction. so it's better than?
Re: Gaming On Intel HD Graphics by KazukiIto(m): 1:18am On Aug 14, 2016
AKBliv010:

If you haven't got access to change the VRAM size in BIOS by both BIOS versions, then I think that feature is locked by default. Shared VRAM is usually dynamic and will use more than 32MB when it's required. I won't worry about it tbh.

I think Windows has automatically adjusted that value and will request for more if the program demands more vram.
I'm worried because PES takes that sh1t seriously. I don't want any hassles with PES 2017
Re: Gaming On Intel HD Graphics by Mckandre(m): 9:37am On Aug 14, 2016
I just downloaded and installed MGSV ground zero on my Intel HD laptop and surprisingly it played smoothly,at first I vbin dodging the game silently together with phantom pain considering they re both high spec games; too intimidating for my laptop to bare but unfortunately for me my kid bro downloaded it with just 2.9gb; I can't imagine the game of that caliber could be that small,the installation was fast but the anticipation was short lived when it refused to play,I later downloaded the windows 10 patch. Right now I done finish rescuing chico and paz which I think are the only main missions in the game. Right now na to download phantom pain sharp remain grin

system preference:

lenovo G40-70
Intel celeron 1.4ghz 64bits
4gb ram(planning on upgrading cos of GTAV)
1Tb HDD
intel HD 128mb dedicated vram

not much of a thing but it handles must of my games relatively well

2 Likes

Re: Gaming On Intel HD Graphics by David4473: 11:37am On Aug 15, 2016
Mckandre:
I just downloaded and installed MGSV ground zero on my Intel HD laptop and surprisingly it played smoothly,at first I vbin dodging the game silently together with phantom pain considering they re both high spec games; too intimidating for my laptop to bare but unfortunately for me my kid bro downloaded it with just 2.9gb; I can't imagine the game of that caliber could be that small,the installation was fast but the anticipation was short lived when it refused to play,I later downloaded the windows 10 patch. Right now I done finish rescuing chico and paz which I think are the only main missions in the game. Right now na to download phantom pain sharp remain grin

system preference:

lenovo G40-70
1Tb HDD

are you effing kidding me!? you played MGSV with those specs *jaw drops
Re: Gaming On Intel HD Graphics by AKBliv010(m): 1:41pm On Aug 15, 2016
Mckandre:

system preference:

lenovo G40-70
1Tb HDD

Will have to test this on mine having a Core i3 with similar specs. What kind of setting's have you used? Low? Med? Resolution?
Re: Gaming On Intel HD Graphics by swisscarter(m): 5:19pm On Aug 15, 2016
Mckandre:

system preference:

lenovo G40-70
1Tb HDD

2.9gb? Oya...drop link baba
Re: Gaming On Intel HD Graphics by Mckandre(m): 9:00pm On Aug 15, 2016
David4473:

are you effing kidding me!? you played MGSV with those specs *jaw drops
honestly bro,I still can't believe it
Re: Gaming On Intel HD Graphics by Mckandre(m): 9:17pm On Aug 15, 2016
AKBliv010:

Will have to test this on mine having a Core i3 with similar specs. What kind of setting's have you used? Low? Med? Resolution?
I ve seen core i3 flop in some decent games like black ops 1 and modern warfare,to me I think it boils down to how recent the pc was manufactured,mine was manufactured on 14/09/18 well that's how it written under the laptop which is 2014.
this game just surprised me bro, to me I think its running on 21-27fps cos its playable enough and I make judgement and assumptions based on how most of my prevs ps2 games flows.
below is my screenshot

1 Like

Re: Gaming On Intel HD Graphics by Mckandre(m): 9:37pm On Aug 15, 2016
swisscarter:
2.9gb? Oya...drop link baba
http://oceanoffgames.com/metal-gear-solid-v-ground-zeroes-free-download/
2.9gb is decent for a test drive atleast before u try out the big deal (phantom pain)
this game is unbelievable bro.
Re: Gaming On Intel HD Graphics by KazukiIto(m): 10:40pm On Aug 15, 2016
Mckandre:
2.9gb is decent for a test drive atleast before u try out the big deal (phantom pain)
Wow! WOWWW! Infact WHOA!!!! glo N500 loading...
Re: Gaming On Intel HD Graphics by rawdpiper(m): 11:09pm On Aug 15, 2016
Intel core i5 4th/5th gen @ 2.4-2.6 GHz
4GB RAM
AMD R7 series GPU
OR
4GB RAM
Intel HD Graphics 4000/5000 series

Which is better for gaming? And how much could each one cost? Anticipating u guys reply!
Re: Gaming On Intel HD Graphics by Mckandre(m): 11:28pm On Aug 15, 2016
KazukiIto:

Wow! WOWWW! Infact WHOA!!!! glo N500 loading...
try airtel,N100 should give u 3gb of data
Re: Gaming On Intel HD Graphics by KazukiIto(m): 11:34pm On Aug 15, 2016
Mckandre:
try airtel,N100 should give u 3gb of data
How?
Re: Gaming On Intel HD Graphics by bhybhar(m): 5:23am On Aug 16, 2016
Setting a game's priority to "high" to reduce lag . Does this have any effect on the pc?
Re: Gaming On Intel HD Graphics by AKBliv010(m): 7:17am On Aug 16, 2016
Mckandre:
I'm going to be on the look out for recent titles with low file sizes if I find any I'll load and test. Post results online.

Thanks for sharing this...great community spirit.
Re: Gaming On Intel HD Graphics by AKBliv010(m): 7:23am On Aug 16, 2016
rawdpiper:
4GB RAM
AMD R7 series GPU
OR
4GB RAM
Intel HD Graphics 4000/5000 series

Which is better for gaming? And how much could each one cost? Anticipating u guys reply!

The R7 will do better. Cost? It'll depend if they are available locally. Do you have anywhere in mind to source for them? What's your budget?
Re: Gaming On Intel HD Graphics by rawdpiper(m): 7:29am On Aug 16, 2016
AKBliv010:

The R7 will do better. Cost? It'll depend if they are available locally. Do you have anywhere in mind to source for them? What's your budget?

#100,000 to #150,000. I'm also looking for where I could get laptops on installment plant either Nigeria or abroad. So with the R7 GPU could I play GTA V at medium or high settings and their popular games like metal gear, COD, Battlefield, far cry, PES 16, FIFA 16 etc.
Re: Gaming On Intel HD Graphics by AKBliv010(m): 7:37am On Aug 16, 2016
rawdpiper:

#100,000 to #150,000. I'm also looking for where I could get laptops on installment plant either Nigeria or abroad. So with the R7 GPU could I play GTA V at medium or high settings and their popular games like metal gear, COD, Battlefield, far cry, PES 16, FIFA 16 etc.

Jumia sell an Asus Laptop with the GTX 920M for #150k. Checkout purplekayc's thread there a video link to see 920M performance. It performs similar to the R7 mobile series.
Re: Gaming On Intel HD Graphics by Androidking: 8:43am On Aug 16, 2016
Mckandre:
I ve seen core i3 flop in some decent games like black ops 1 and modern warfare,to me I think it boils down to how recent the pc was manufactured,mine was manufactured on 14/09/18 well that's how it written under the laptop which is 2014.
this game just surprised me bro, to me I think its running on 21-27fps cos its playable enough and I make judgement and assumptions based on how most of my prevs ps2 games flows.
below is my screenshot

Pls what's d name of the game
Re: Gaming On Intel HD Graphics by Mckandre(m): 10:30am On Aug 16, 2016
KazukiIto:

How?
enter smartrybe by *312# then press 1. To sub for N50 1.5gb use the same command prompt and press 3.
u can sub multiple times @same nyt after exhausting each
Re: Gaming On Intel HD Graphics by Mckandre(m): 10:57am On Aug 16, 2016
bhybhar:
Setting a game's priority to "high" to reduce lag . Does this have any effect on the pc?
it does especially when u put it on realtime priority, this effect works mostly on download and play games. I tried it on SM web of shadows which gave out 57fps but I experienced sound stuttering alot,I decided to do same on medal of honor warfighters which had no effect just sound stuttering but after the long run, it gave a huge blow on my pc that made it get stuck at boot screen,feared my HDD has crashed but twas later an OS fault that resulted in having all my files lost after OS recovery was made.
if m to advice u bro,runaway from anything that deals with increasing system priority,it damages processor.
Re: Gaming On Intel HD Graphics by Mckandre(m): 11:14am On Aug 16, 2016
AKBliv010:

I'm going to be on the look out for recent titles with low file sizes if I find any I'll load and test. Post results online.

Thanks for sharing this...great community spirit.
don't mention bro,I like giving out reviews to those debating of games compatibility on their PCs which m also a victim of. I ve installed Phantom pain,the installation is out of this world. it takes ages to install it got to some extent I started thinking if the file is corrupt. review loading
Re: Gaming On Intel HD Graphics by sacredheart: 3:42pm On Aug 17, 2016
Mckandre:
enter smartrybe by *312# then press 1. To sub for N50 1.5gb use the same command prompt and press 3.
u can sub multiple times @same nyt after exhausting each
hi ,please does it work for all airtel sims or only the new ones.
Re: Gaming On Intel HD Graphics by youngkhid(m): 11:10pm On Aug 17, 2016
Peeps please help wen ever I try to check my lappy's graphic card it onli show Intel HD Graphics Family
Re: Gaming On Intel HD Graphics by Nosainwe(m): 8:21pm On Aug 18, 2016
Pls guys i am trying to install gta san andreas on my pc but when extracting it comes up with runtime error ,pls wat is wrong
Re: Gaming On Intel HD Graphics by AKBliv010(m): 10:31pm On Aug 18, 2016
Nosainwe:
Pls guys i am trying to install gta san andreas on my pc but when extracting it comes up with runtime error ,pls wat is wrong
What extractin software do you use?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

Help Needed To Convert NTSC LCD TV from the USA To PAL / The Real Super Mario Dies Aged 84 Years / PES 15 Fan Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.