Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,997 members, 7,828,521 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:57 AM

Is Casual Dating For You??? How To Know Before Committing Yourself... - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Casual Dating For You??? How To Know Before Committing Yourself... (1397 Views)

Nairalander Set To Marry His Long Time Girlfriend After Dating For 10 Years Pics / After Dating For 7 Years, He Called Off Our Engagement. / After Dating For 7 Years, Couple Ties Each Other To Seal Their Love In Pre.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Casual Dating For You??? How To Know Before Committing Yourself... by beejaykumar(m): 11:37pm On Jul 09, 2016
‎Casual dating may seem like an ideal scenario. After all, what guy wouldn’t want the freedom to go out with any woman at any time? But while it may seem like a desirable situation, the fact is it’s not for everyone. Here are a few things to consider before deciding whether or not casual dating is right for you.

Serious vs. casual relationships
Before deciding on whether to seek serious or casual relationships take some time to think about what you truly want. If you could rub a magic lamp and get the any relationship you desired, what would it look like? Would you want the excitement of running from one woman to the next? Or would you want that one steady, reliable girl who’s devoted only to you? There’s no right answer here, the point is to get clear on exactly what it is you want. That way you can go out and get it.
While figuring out what kind of relationship you want it’s also important to figure out why you want that type of relationship. Do you want a serious girlfriend? Or do you tell yourself that’s what you want because it’s what society/your family/your friends tell you to have? Is casually hooking up with random women truly how you want to spend your time? Or do you just feel pressure to try and keep up with your buddies? These are important questions to answer before deciding what kind of relationship to pursue. In the end you want to make sure you’re doing what you want and not fulfilling the wishes of others.

How to know if casual dating is for you
The thing about casual dating is for it to work it must go both ways. You can’t give yourself complete freedom to date other women yet force the girl to be exclusive only to you. This creates an unbalanced and unhealthy relationship that’s more about control than anything else. It’s the type of arrangement that’s likely to create a lot of drama before it comes crashing down.
So before you start looking for casual relationships ask yourself, are you really okay with the women you date going out and potentially sleeping with other guys? If so, then go ahead and enjoy your casual relationships. If not, it’s a red flag that casual dating isn’t for you.

1.Make your intentions known
Once you know what kind of relationship you want, let your intentions be known. Within the first couple of dates – preferably date #1 – talk to the girl about what you’re each looking for in a relationship. You don’t have to go into much detail but it’s a good idea to ask something like “So are you more of the causal dating or serious relationship kind of girl?” To make sure she doesn’t feel any pressure when answering this question you may want to go first and let her know what it is you’re looking for.
You may lose a few girls rather quickly this way (don’t be surprised if some girls say they’re not looking for anything serious, yet mysteriously stop calling after this conversation), but that’s exactly the point. You’re filtering out women who aren’t compatible with what you want. This will save a lot of headache and frustration down the road. You won’t waste days, weeks, or even months trying to force a relationship that was doomed from the start. Instead, you’ll be free to find the girl (or girls) who fit your lifestyle.

2.Double check your status
Let’s say you told the girl on the first date you weren’t looking for anything serious. To your delight, she said that she wasn’t either. While it’s great that you started off on the same page, after a few weeks or months you’re going to want to revisit this topic. Why? To make sure she’s still okay with the arrangement.
On some occasions a woman will say she’s not looking for anything serious when deep down she is. But she’s willing to wait a few weeks for you to change your mind. Then there are times when a girl truly isn’t looking for anything serious, but as time goes on she begins to feel differently. She starts feeling more connected and becomes interested in something more. For these reasons it’s a good idea to revisit the topic of your relationship status after you’ve been seeing each other for a while. Make sure she knows nothing has changed from your perspective (unless they have) and give an out if she wants it. This will help you avoid a lot of unnecessary drama down the road.

3.Set Boundaries
If you want to keep a relationship casual then you’ve got to set up some boundaries. You don’t want to find yourself “casually dating” a girl yet behaving as you would if you were in a serious, committed relationship. Doing so would get things real complicated, real quick.
So if you’re casually dating a girl be sure to avoid “boyfriend” type behavior. Don’t call or text her nearly every day. Don’t have her meet the family, or regularly invite her to be your date for special events. Actions like these can blur the lines of your relationship and send mixed signals, planting the thought in her mind that the relationship is becoming more serious. If you don’t want her thinking that way and are not interested in having her as a serious girlfriend, then avoid giving her a taste of that role.

read more here - http://nigeriannewsdaily..com/2016/07/is-casual-dating-for-you-how-to-know.html?m=1

Thank you.. Please fill in the remaining space............
Re: Is Casual Dating For You??? How To Know Before Committing Yourself... by halfricanadian(f): 11:38pm On Jul 09, 2016
grin grin very soon love will go into extinction like dinosaurs e remain shekini small
Re: Is Casual Dating For You??? How To Know Before Committing Yourself... by Nobody: 11:42pm On Jul 09, 2016
This is one hell of a lullaby...

Thanks op i think i just found a remedy to my insomia. Nyt nyt
Re: Is Casual Dating For You??? How To Know Before Committing Yourself... by Bluezy13(m): 11:43pm On Jul 09, 2016
I have been in and out of many relationships but I have never used the word dating to describe any.
I can't figure out where that word fits into any relationship.

Well, maybe it doesn't exist.
Re: Is Casual Dating For You??? How To Know Before Committing Yourself... by Taiyescott(m): 11:43pm On Jul 09, 2016
k
Re: Is Casual Dating For You??? How To Know Before Committing Yourself... by olatunjithomas(m): 11:45pm On Jul 09, 2016
OPPPPPPO...... with all the sh1t, you still want us to go somewhere and read more. did you study lovelyology in school?

haba, you wan kill person? we don't need encyclopedia to love in the right way oo jeee.... love is love.

rosieluv .........come and go and read how to love ooooooooo

1 Like

Re: Is Casual Dating For You??? How To Know Before Committing Yourself... by beejaykumar(m): 11:48pm On Jul 09, 2016
olatunjithomas:
OPPPPPPO...... with all the sh1t, you still want us to go somewhere and read more. did you study lovelyology in school?
haba, you wan kill person? we don't need encyclopedia to love in the right way oo jeee.... love is love.
olatunjithomas:

Hahaha, you get mouth!!! Cheers!!
Re: Is Casual Dating For You??? How To Know Before Committing Yourself... by barackodam: 1:51am On Jul 10, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Op, truth is that 70% of guys want the serious relationship, but still be able to roll with females without restrictions

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Casual Dating For You??? How To Know Before Committing Yourself... by halfricanadian(f): 1:55am On Jul 10, 2016
barackodam:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Op, truth is that 70% of guys want the serious relationship, but still be able to roll with females without restrictions

U cant eat ur cake nd av it dats vomit
Re: Is Casual Dating For You??? How To Know Before Committing Yourself... by barackodam: 2:02am On Jul 10, 2016
halfricanadian:

U cant eat ur cake nd av it dats vomit

They always say that.

I've told my mom I'd prove her wrong in that regards one day smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Casual Dating For You??? How To Know Before Committing Yourself... by halfricanadian(f): 2:03am On Jul 10, 2016
barackodam:

They always say that.

I've told my mom I'd prove her wrong in that regards one day smiley

One day is never a day
Re: Is Casual Dating For You??? How To Know Before Committing Yourself... by barackodam: 2:05am On Jul 10, 2016
halfricanadian:

One day is never a day

Time would definitely tell cheesy
Re: Is Casual Dating For You??? How To Know Before Committing Yourself... by halfricanadian(f): 2:06am On Jul 10, 2016
barackodam:

Time would definitely tell cheesy

Time waits for no one
Time cant talk
Re: Is Casual Dating For You??? How To Know Before Committing Yourself... by barackodam: 2:10am On Jul 10, 2016
halfricanadian:

Time waits for no one
Time cant talk

Haha, unarguably. I'll add you to it.

I guess I'd make it faster instead

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Casual Dating For You??? How To Know Before Committing Yourself... by halfricanadian(f): 2:13am On Jul 10, 2016
barackodam:

Haha, unarguably. I'll add you to it.

I guess I'd make it faster instead

D faster u go d more disorganised u become
Re: Is Casual Dating For You??? How To Know Before Committing Yourself... by barackodam: 2:15am On Jul 10, 2016
halfricanadian:

D faster u go d more disorganised u become

Not necessarily, it depends on a host of factors. If favourable, one has nothing to be bothered with

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Casual Dating For You??? How To Know Before Committing Yourself... by halfricanadian(f): 2:17am On Jul 10, 2016
barackodam:

Not necessarily, it depends on a host of factors. If favourable, one has nothing to be bothered with

The only constant thing u cant do without in life is external factors so dont over look them
Re: Is Casual Dating For You??? How To Know Before Committing Yourself... by barackodam: 2:20am On Jul 10, 2016
halfricanadian:

The only constant thing u cant do without in life is external factors so dont over look them

Proper planning suffices for that

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Casual Dating For You??? How To Know Before Committing Yourself... by halfricanadian(f): 2:20am On Jul 10, 2016
barackodam:

Proper planning suffices for that

Planning is nt it

Efficiency of d planning is wat is ok
Re: Is Casual Dating For You??? How To Know Before Committing Yourself... by barackodam: 2:23am On Jul 10, 2016
halfricanadian:

Planning is nt it

Efficiency of d planning is wat is ok

Lol, efficiency of planning matters

With hardwork, God would provide a miracle grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Casual Dating For You??? How To Know Before Committing Yourself... by halfricanadian(f): 2:23am On Jul 10, 2016
barackodam:

Lol, efficiency of planning matters

With hardwork, God would provide a miracle grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Heaven helps those who help themselves bt in a good way
Re: Is Casual Dating For You??? How To Know Before Committing Yourself... by barackodam: 2:25am On Jul 10, 2016
halfricanadian:

Heaven helps those who help themselves bt in a good way

Exactly what I said, with hardwork. God would perform a miracle

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Casual Dating For You??? How To Know Before Committing Yourself... by halfricanadian(f): 2:26am On Jul 10, 2016
barackodam:

Exactly what I said, with hardwork. God would perform a miracle

Hard work is as a result of peseverance
Re: Is Casual Dating For You??? How To Know Before Committing Yourself... by barackodam: 2:28am On Jul 10, 2016
halfricanadian:

Hard work is as a result of peseverance

Chai bae, we have derailed this thread o.....

grin grin grin grin grin grin

I give up, you won.
But still have the challenge in mind

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Casual Dating For You??? How To Know Before Committing Yourself... by halfricanadian(f): 2:29am On Jul 10, 2016
barackodam:

Chai bae, we have derailed this thread o.....

grin grin grin grin grin grin

I give up, you won.
But still have the challenge in mind

tongue tongue i love to win
Winning is my protocol
Re: Is Casual Dating For You??? How To Know Before Committing Yourself... by barackodam: 2:31am On Jul 10, 2016
halfricanadian:

tongue tongue i love to win
Winning is my protocol

Ehen before I disappear, are you interested in Mr Nairaland, you have a candidate, uncertain, or I should just swerve?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Casual Dating For You??? How To Know Before Committing Yourself... by halfricanadian(f): 2:32am On Jul 10, 2016
barackodam:

Ehen before I disappear, are you interested in Mr Nairaland, you have a candidate, uncertain, or I should just swerve?

Take ur whole sef nd swerve hard tongue tongue

After u av swerve come nd play
Re: Is Casual Dating For You??? How To Know Before Committing Yourself... by barackodam: 2:33am On Jul 10, 2016
halfricanadian:

Take ur whole sef nd swerve hard tongue tongue

After u av swerve come nd play

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

We'd be sure to mention you come tomorrow.

Iamkingzlee is the guy. I'm sure you know smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Casual Dating For You??? How To Know Before Committing Yourself... by halfricanadian(f): 2:34am On Jul 10, 2016
barackodam:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

We'd be sure to mention you come tomorrow.

Iamkingzlee is the guy. I'm sure you know smiley
Wats my own na?

Im i a nl mod sad
Re: Is Casual Dating For You??? How To Know Before Committing Yourself... by barackodam: 2:35am On Jul 10, 2016
halfricanadian:
Wats my own na?

Im i a nl mod sad

Fynestboiy is contesting too

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Casual Dating For You??? How To Know Before Committing Yourself... by halfricanadian(f): 2:36am On Jul 10, 2016
barackodam:

Fynestboiy is contesting too

Ow am i concerned in dis na?
Re: Is Casual Dating For You??? How To Know Before Committing Yourself... by barackodam: 2:38am On Jul 10, 2016
halfricanadian:

Ow am i concerned in dis na?

You don't wantu vote.......and I'm imploring you to

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Must Read: 7 Ways To Get Your Ex To Fall In Love With You Again / All hail miss twaci! / Omg!!!!!!!!!11 Kenya Girls Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.