Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,124 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

Sir Alexander Fleming - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Sir Alexander Fleming (443 Views)

Hereafter (A Journey To The Otherside) By Alexander Busybrain / The Outcast By Alexander Busybrain / [gift Ideas]™ Happy Teachers Day 2016 Best Gift Ideas For Sir, Surprise Present (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sir Alexander Fleming by Nobody: 11:25am On Jul 10, 2016
He was a poor scottish farmer. While at work he heard a cry for help coming from a nearby permanently wet ground. He ran to the ground to see a terrified boy,screaming and struggling to free himself in a situation that can be described as a slow and terrifying death.
He decided to save the boy and went back to his work.
The following day,an elegantly dressed nobleman met the poor Scottish farmer introducing himself as the father of the boy he had saved. "I want to repay you," said the nobleman."You saved my son's life. No,I can't accept payment for what I did, the scottish farmer replied,waving off the offer. At that moment,the farmer's own son came to the door of the family hovel. "Is that your son? The nobleman asked. Yes,the farmer replied proudly. "I will make you a deal. Let me take him and give him a good education. And that he did. In time,the farmer's son graduated from St.Mary's Hospital Medical School in London,and went on to become known throughout the world as the noted Sir Alexander Fleming,the discoverer of Penicillin.
Years later,when the nobleman's son was stricken with pneumonia,it was penicillin that saved him? The nobleman is Lord Randolph Churchill and his son is Sir Winston Churchill.
Lesson: What goes around comes around,had it been the nobleman didn't sponsor his education,his son would have died from that disease. What good turn deserve another,sow a seed in someone's life and reap the harvest thereof.

(1) (Reply)

Fate / Entry Opens For Etisalat Prize For Literature 2016 / Being Resilient: A Step To Continuous Success

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.